십삼 (thirteen)

Infatuation

Myungsoo sat on the couch and pulled his knees to his chest while staring at the door after Eunji and Moonsoo left, waiting for Sunggyu to come home.

The door opened and Myungsoo rushed to his feet and his heart sunk and the sullen look on the singer's face. “Is everything okay? What happened today?” He received no answer as the elder brushed past him and slammed their bedroom door shut and locked it.

“Gyu...”

“Go away, Myungsoo. I don't want to even see or hear you right now.”

“I'm sorry.”

The composer threw his body on the couch and dozed off, heart hurting.

He woke up the next morning with a luggage bag in front of his face and Sunggyu's voice, “I called Moonsoo to come pick you up. Don't come back here.”

“Gyu, what do you mean?”

“Please don't call me that, Myungsoo. Just please leave as soon as your brother gets here. I can't stand to look at you.”

“I'm sorry.”

As soon as Myungsoo finished packing up his last few things, Moonsoo had arrived and escorted his brother in silence to the car, where the elder eventually ended up bursting into tears.

“He's a jerk, hyung. If he's letting a bunch of homophobes separate you two then he's not worth it.”

 

Sunggyu let out a sigh of relief as soon as the door shut behind him, and he let out the tears he had been holding in since he saw Myungsoo so miserable since he came home. The countless times Myungsoo had said he was sorry made Sunggyu's heart ache.”

Break up with him if you want to continue your career. Tell the press it was a drunken mistake, a dare.

A press conference was being held that day for Sunggyu to address the situation and his heart raced a mile a minute. He begged Eunji to make sure Myungsoo didn't watch the broadcast because he knew that if the younger saw it his heart would shatter to pieces.

“Is it true that you kissed this unidentified male man?”

“It is true. This man is also one of my composers and my roommate, what you saw from those pictures were a drunken mistake and dare from friends. It was a celebration for my first win with friends and family and it had just happened.”

“Are you attracted to the same ?”

As if practiced, Sunggyu replied, “no,” without any hesitation. “Although I am not homoual, I do not have anything against those that are.”

“And why is that?”

“For many personal reasons involving family and friends.”

Myungsoo's fists clenched as he watched the broadcast (although Eunji had attempted to stall). He took the ring off his finger and put it in a drawer he never opened, ready to burn anything he owned that Sunggyu had even touched.

“Don't go that far, Myungsoo.. Don't you think that's too much?”

“Are you sure him lying to the public about us isn't too much? Or even more so lying to me that he loved me? It hurts, Eunji.”

“He wasn't lying to you.”

“I don't care. It hurts too much. To even have anything that even slightly reminds me of him, it makes me want to tear my heart in half and jump off a bridge.”

Eunji just sighed in defeat. He saw it and he's not doing well. He wants to get rid of everything related to you. He even took off his ring.

Myungsoo went into the bathroom and searched through the medicine cabinet and poured out a handful of pills before jumping in surprise at Eunji's voice.

“You are not doing that, Kim Myungsoo, you are not going to overdose over Sunggyu, it's not bloody worth it.”

He sighed and poured them back in, brushing past Eunji without a word, grabbing his jacket in the process. “I'll be back late. Go home and don't look for me.”

 

“Hyung,” Myungsoo stared at the tombstone with sadness in his eyes. “I don't know what to do. I thought I really found happiness but he just left.. If only you were here, you'd hold me tight and tell me he wasn't worth it but you're gone and I don't have anyone left.”

“I really want to join you, hyung. I don't want to be here anymore and I want to see you again, but then I think of how much everyone misses you and how miserable they are without you – like me, and I think that could be the same case with me.”

“What do I do? I'm back to the same old self I used to be, depressed and miserable. Maybe I should go back to Japan?”

“I miss him a lot. It's barely been 24 hours since I last saw him but he had such a cold look in his eyes. He was sick of me or disgusted with me or something. It wasn't his usual smile and hug and kiss, I've never seen him like that before and it's all my fault.”

“It's not your fault.”

Myungsoo's eyes shot open. “Hyung, is that you? How are you talking to me right now?” He the stone and shed tears onto it, not noticing the heavy footsteps retreating.

Sunggyu watched as the composer crouched over the grave and caught the tears that fell from his eyes before turning his back and walking back to his car, already hiccuping and face covered with tears. He pulled out his phone and dialed Myungsoo's number, only to be directed to voicemail.

“Hi, Soo. I know you probably hate me, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I love you so much. Please text me if you want to. It's up to you.”

 

Myungsoo went home and laid on his bed finding a missed call and voicemail from Sunggyu. His hands trembled as he dialed the singer's number.

“Hello?”

“H-have you been crying?” Myungsoo bit his lip and winced at how the once beautiful voice sounded weak and defeated.

“N..o I'm okay.”

“I didn't ask if you were okay.”

“Sorry.”

What should've been a comfortable silence fell between the two and all that could be heard were Sunggyu's silent sobs and Myungsoo's breathing.

“Can I come over?”

“I don't know if it's safe.”

“I need to see you. And it's not like you cared about whether I was safe or not.”

“Don't say that. You know that isn't true.”

“Just let me come over.”

“Fine.”

 

Myungsoo carefully made his way into their – Sunggyu's apartment and shut the door behind him, finding the handsome man ahead of him a wreck.

“I'm sorry, Soo. I'm sorry for everything, I messed this up, I messed us up, I was forced to do all of that I'm-”

Sunggyu was cut off when he felt the composer's hands cup his face as their lips crashed for the first time in what felt like centuries. His wet tears were mixed in the kiss and Myungsoo ran the pads of his thumbs over the tears before separating their lips.

“I'm sorry.”

“I know.”


i have nothing uch to say except i hope you enjoyed