No way out.

Is this real?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Luhan," I heard a worried voice say in the darkness. "Wake up. Luhan."

My eyes flick open and I see Sehun's face above mine. It was quiet, only the sound of our breaths. I was unaware that I had fallen asleep, but I was feeling quite tired after recieveing all that information, my head still hurt from it, and I was thinking of a way to escape all this. Sehun moved away from me and stood in the middle of the room, stretching his hands out, tipping his head back as he did so. I sit up in my bed and watch him moving his arms delicately, almost as if he were a dancer.

"How much longer? I'm gonna die of boredom if they don't do anything!" Sehun sighed, sounding fustrated by his boredom.

"What, you actually want to do what they say? You want to go through with training?" I asked, staring up at him with shock.

"I'd rather not," He let out a breath. He walked back towards my bed and dropped down beside me. "But it's not like we have a choice, we signed those stupid forms. We either survive by doing what they want us to do, or we die by retaliating, and I'd like a shot at life, so that's what I want....and I know what kinds of torture await us if we do not listen to them," He admitted, creating an instantly dark atmosphere.

I couldn't meet his eyes, but I know that he'd be looking distressed, and broken and I hate seeing him like that. "What-what did they do to you?" I squeezed out, regretting it instantly. "You don't have to answer me, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be asking questions that remind you of it."

Sehun's hands twitched, but them he drew in a breath. "Luhan, look at me," He said, suddenly.

I don't think I can. I don't want to see those marks on his face. I don't want to see his dangerously pale skin. I don't want to see the saddness in his eyes. It's ridiculous I know, I atleast owe him that. As I begin to look up, I feel his hand under my chin, tipping my head up so I had no choice but to look at him.

"All you need to know is that, even if I would prefer to crawl through hell, they had reason behind the torture of me," He answered quietly, almost as if he were scared to answer it outloud.

"But why-" I was cut of by the sound of the door opening.

Sehun's hand dropped and I looked at him, worried about his answer to my question. Sehun's eyes went to the man stood in the doorway. What made the scientists decide to torture him more compared to me? Although I don't know this boy very well, I can tell that he beyond any kind of repair now. There is no way to save Sehun. The pain inside of his eyes when he looks at me is like a unsolvable maze. He tries to hide it, with the words he says, but last night, before he fell asleep, I heard him, his cries of an incurable pain. But the way he handled it was a sick kind of beauty, suffering in silence, and putting on a brave face when it comes to seeing other people. It's the kind of strength that you can only learn.

"947, 794, you're next," The scientist, I think anyway, said.

Sehun looked at me and nodded, checking if I was okay I suppose. I manage to find a smile, and wear it for him. I slid off the bed, feeling the coldness snake around my body instantly. I clasp my hands together, feeling the gazes of Sehun and the scientists on me. I felt small under the gaze of the stranger, but Sehun's made me feel oddly strong. I step forward, looking at the floor.

Sehun walked beside me, making sure I was okay every so often. We followed the man down the hallway. The screams were loud, but they were normal to me now, as if they part of the soundtrack of this place, which sickened me. I bite my lip, wanting to scream at the scientist that this was wrong, we should be treated with more respect, but then Sehun clears his throat and I decide against it.

"You will be training with another pair, experiments 1288 and 8812. They will be better, stronger and faster than you, they've been with us longer, they've been in the simulations longer. They've known each other for much more time than any of the other pairs, so don't be too disappointed if you feel inferior to them," The scientist spoke up, breaking the silence.

The footsteps died down until we all stopped in front of a large set of double doors. I felt my stomach flip, fearing what lay behind these doors. There were two guards stood by the side of each door, both holding glowing swords that could easily kill if they stabbed them in the right places. The feeling of fear crept up my spine again, making my hands shake. The guards pushed open the doors, with a small creak which echoed through my body.

"Just remember I am only a whisper away Luhan," Sehun said, loud enough so only I could hear him.

Finally the doors opened fully and I saw what was behind them. It was a large, dark room. From the middle of the roof was a huge orange square like object, which gave of a warm glow, almost like some sort of chandelier. It hung above four lit up sections on the floor, which also gave off this orange glow. I didn't know what this was, this orange glow on the floor and square in the centre of the ceiling, but it made me feel like I was seeing something beautiful that would be seen outside of this complex. Next, surrounded by the black walls of the room, I see the two people standing in two of the sections on the floor. They both looked as uncomfortble with this whole thing, as I am. One of them, the one on the right section, was a lot shorter than all of us, and his hair was a dark brown colour. He looked older than the other guy, and his features were more harder than the other, who had a slightly softer apperance.

"That one on the right, he's experiment 1288, his name is Kyungsoo," The scientist told us. "He has the power of earth." He pointed at the boy on the left, "That one, he's experiment 8812, and his name is Kai. He has the ability to teleport, but we've disabled it in the complex, so it only works in the simulations and on the game planet."

"Isn't that unfair, we can use our powers, why must his be disabled? We could easily destroy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter