Trust.

Is this real?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: contains violence

I woke to a cold room and Sehun's voice. Sehun sat on a chair next to me bed, looking over at me worridly. His eyes lit up when he saw my opened eyes. He looked tired and weak, like always. He leaned over my face and pressed the back of his hand to my forehead. His fingers brushed against my skin softly, as soft as feather's touch.

"Ah, finally, hyung I thought that was the end of the road for you," He admitted, letting out a breath as he let go of his worry. He removed his hand, and fell back into the chair. "Don't move just yet, you're still weak Luhan."

My eyelids already felt heavy, and I wanted to go back to sleep, but at the same time I didn't want to, I wanted to make sure Sehun was okay. "Are you okay?"

He was looking down at the grey floor, his hands shaking ever so slightly. I know he wasn't alright, he has never been alright. The dull light shone down onto his whole body, and it made his hair have this glow about it, and casted shadows on his skin, ones that twisted in all the right ways. He didn't meet my eyes as he spoke.

"Yes," He said sternly.

I take a fistful of the blanket that covered my body, staring up at the ceiling, biting back any arguments of disagreement. I only now realized that there was an IV line attached to my forearm, forcing a blue-tinted liquid into my body. I felt like I could throw up any minute now, but I know that I wouldn't. My head was also pounding with pain. I can't think why I am like. this, all I remember was loud noises, and the feeling of falling.

"Sehun-what happened to me? Why am I here?" I ask, returning my eyes to him.

He cleared his throat. "It's my fault."

My eyes squint at him in confusion, "Huh?"

He gripped his hand into the shape of a ball. "We-we were in a simulation, and me and Kai had to save you from-from dying. And we saved you first. I think you untied some rope that held you in place or something. Kai teleported you out of the smoke that was going to kill you and Kyungsoo. I was trying to change the direction of which the smoke was moving, using the wind. You had to save Kyungsoo, by undoing his rope, and I know that you wouldn't cope with the pain or pressure, I should've told Kai, but I didn't. And then you managed to save him, and we were going to escape, but you collapsed. Luhan," He said, his voice breaking. "You were as cold as ice, and your body was shaking, and you were as pale as a piece of paper. I thought the pain had stopped your heart, and I carried you out. I'm sorry-" He exploded out of his chair, tipping it back, and walked away, leaving me on my own. A scientist, which I hadn't seen up until now, opened the door for him, following Sehun out and pulling the door shut quickly.

I sat up, forgetting Sehun had told me not to move. I rested my chin on my palm and let out a breath. It wasn't his fault at all. He was trying to save Kyungsoo too, it's my fault, I should've told Kai  that I absolutely couldn't have done it. I brang this whole problem on myself. I must get stronger, otherwise I will never make it, Mr.Yung will probably kill me off if I'm not up to standard.

My eyes search the room out of boredness. The walls were grey, just like the floor, honestly they must be running out of money if they can't invest in just a little bit of paint to live up the misery of this place. I ignore Sehun's order of not moving again, and step out of the bed, taking off the IV line. I felt really dizzy and had to stand for a minute, waiting for the room to stop spinning, and when it stopped I moved towards a small table in the far corner of the room. On it, there was five syringes, filled with different coloured liquids and a pack if tablets which were open. There were drops of blood on the table too, but this didn't bother me. And then my eyes land on a small silver cube. Perfect to practice on, I thought. I glanced at the door, checking no one was coming through it, and then quickly grabbed the cube in my hand, closing my fingers around the cool metallic material.

My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I heard footsteps outside my door. My eyes widen and I dash back to my bed, head pounding feeling dizzy again. I quickly slip between the blanket and the bed, remembering suddenly about the IV line. I grabbed the wire between my shaking fingers, and stab in back into my arm, letting out a gasp of pain. I lie bac into the bed just as the door opens.

"Ah 794, you look a bit better already!"

I feel oddly relieved to see the face of my watcher greet me. I nod at him and he gave a small smile. "794, I'm sorry this happened to you today," He said, as he walked towards the table.

I drew a shaky breath hoping he won't see the cube had gone missing.I watch him as he picked up one of the syringe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter