The start.

Is this real?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sehun!" My throat is raw from screaming his name.

His body shook against the electric wall, and his screams were meer whimpers of pain. I wish it were me there, stuck on that wall waiting to die. Why is he the one being punished?  It should've been me! I watched him as the life dripped out of him, as his breathing became shallower, as his movements became smaller.

"I'm sorry!" I sobbed.

I picked up the ball, staring at it in my hand. All these emotions take over me, again, but anger was taking the lead in the race of emotions. I squeezed my hand around the metallic feeling ball and hurled the ball forward, towards the wall, hoping it would smash it into a million pieces. My eyes followed as it connected with the wall, sending blue sparks flying, and I thought that I done it, I had smashed the wall. But I sigh when the wall remains intact, the ball simply falling down from the wall, onto the ground.

"1 minute, 50 seconds left," The voice reminded.

I let out a fustrated scream, gripping my hair in between my fingers, biting back a sob. I can't lose him, not now, anything but now.

"Con-concentrate Lu-," Sehun's voice coughed out. "Listen to me.....You got to-You've got to picture," He let out a cry which hurt my heart, "Picture the ball moving-and be one with it!" It ended in a scream, and his breaths were getting more forced out.

I stare at the ball again.

Picture it moving.

I squint my eyes and imagine it rolling towards me, but of course it wouldn't work. I make fist at my sides and imagine every single detail of that stupid ball, the blue, the white, the size, the feeling. I felt a lot of pressure beginning to press down onto me, was this a sign that it was working maybe?

Sehun's scream erupted and I lost all concentration. "Sehun, I can't do it," I sobbed, covering my eyes with the palms of my hands.

He let out a small moan, "Don't listen to me-" He panted out like a sick dog.

I wipe away a tear with the back of my hand as the grim voice said that there was only a minute left. The ball appears in my mind again, all the smooth edges, the cold surface, the perfect shape. I concentrate hardly on picturing the ball lifiting from the ground, and that's when I cry out with relief. In the distance, the ball ever so slightly shook.

Think harder, Luhan.

Pain was starting to blossom in my head, but I tried to ignore it as best as I could. I thought about how the ball would look resting in mid air, how the light pouring through the cracks in the blackness, would make the ball shimmer. The ball lifted off the ground slightly, but then it dropped back to the floor, and it felt as if pins were being driven into my brain. I bite my lip, not letting the pain distract me for one second. I thought harder, and the ball rose again, a bit higher, and then dropping down lower, but not hitting the floor this time.  

I dug my nails into the palms of my hands, and I moved my head to try and see if the pain would stop, but it didn't.

"10," The voice counted.

No.

"9"

My eyes flicked to Sehun. He already looked dead, his body wasn't moving, his screams were silent, and I couldn't tell if he was breathing or not.

"8"

I look back at the ball which lay on the ground again. A lash of sadness and anger arose inside of me and I let out a scream, picturing the ball rising. I couldn't believe my eyes as there, right infront of me, was the ball rising, a tiny bit more, like the one in my mind.

"4," pain was all I could feel now.

I threw my right hand up as I imagine the ball shooting upwards, and I cry from happiness when that's exactly what happens. I watch it rise quickly towards the blackness, always keeping my mind on it. The pain was the worst I felt yet, I thought my head would've exploded because of it. I stop the ball, and let my hand drop to my side before I collapse to the floor, letting out heavy breaths, trying to regain strength.

The sound of the ball hitting the floor came, but I didn't look at that, instead my eyes were trained on Sehun. His body fell to the ground, as if the wall spat him out. He was breathing, barely, but that made a tear of relief slip out of my eye. I finally saved him, I saved the boy who I thought I couldn't save. What I wanted most of all, was to be next to him, craddeling him in my arms, and tellling him that it was okay now, although it's probably not. I know that what Sehun deserved now was some affection, we've both been alone for god know's how long, I think we both need it, but I've learned to live without it, he probably has to, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve something if he's grown used to being without it. Whereas a person like me, doesn't deserve it, any kindness or affection, I almost killed the guy earlier! And that I know, is the deadlisest problem with me, this boy, ever since I met him, has been hurt each time he's around, and for that I shouldn't ever be happy or have any affection shown towards me.

"Luhan," He choked out. "Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter