Happenings.

Is this real?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shone down onto the white sands of the long stretch of beach. The beach hugged the edge of a large city. The tall skyscrapers towered high above the land, almost as if they touching the sky. The distant sound of traffic and city life could be heard over the crashing waves. The beach was also packed with people of all ages. Children splashed in the sea and made sand castles on the beach, adults lay back on the sand, taking in the sun and keeping a watchful eye over the children. The sound of happiness was also loud, if only I heard that sound more often. There was one person walking towards me, she was quite small and wore her brown hair up in a bun. I try to smile and open my mouth to ask her if she knew where I was, but she simply walked straight past me. I turn and look at her.

"Yah, excuse me?" I shouted, but she ignored me and continued to walk alongside the sea.

I sigh and kick at the sand before spotting a helpful looking man. I walk towards him, he had an ice cream in his hand and was about to walk away, but he paused.

"Excuse me, where am I?" I asked.

I waited for his response, but it never came and he walked towards a child, giving the kid the ice cream. Is everyone here going to ignore me? I run to the next person, and ask exactly the same, and yet again the ignore me, and then the next and the next, and then I give up. No one can see me. I fall into the sand hardly, disappointment setting in. I draw my legs in close, hugging them to my body tightly, and watched a little girl laugh as she played in the sea. Water was going all over the place, but she didn't care, she was too happy to care, and then it hit me, I never had a childhood.

I shut my eyes and rest my forehead on my knees. What if I did have a childhood? Would I be the same person as I am now? Would I know Sehun? As thought flooded my mind I feel the familiar need to cry, but I don't.

A scream shattered my thought and I raise my head. I can't quite believe the sight. I watch with fear as an unbeliveably big wave chases towards the beach and city. The screams and shouts only got louder as people raced away, pushing past each other. It was horrid, people were acting like wild animals, pushing others to the floor, just to get ahead. I didn't move though, I don't care now, if I drown I die, if I don't I'll still probably die. My eyes find that little girl again. She was frozen with fear, her parents long gone from the almost empty beach. I leap off the ground and start forward. I am not letting her die! She has her whole life to live yet. The wave was only meters away from wiping out everything in its path. The noise was almost deafening.

"Hey! Run, get away-" I shout at her, knowing she may not hear me.

She screamed for her parents, and she cried. She was taking small steps towards me, but she was too scared to move properly. I press forward and keep telling her to "run". I lept forward and reached my hand out towards her, and was close to grabbing her, but it was too late. The wave swept over us, drowning the girl and her screams.

I woke gasping in a breath. I swear I could taste salt water in my mouth. I held my hand over my heart, trying to calm it. It was a dream, not reality, a dream. I hated every single moment of that dream, I suppose I can call it a nightmare instead. I hate how I didn't save that poor girl.

There was the sounding of gasping and panic next to me and I look over at Sehun on the opposite side of the room. He sat up in his bed, clutching his heart and in breaths. He was shaking, and had been crying. His hair stuck up in places, and his skin was covered in goose bumps. He looked around the room in a panic. "Luhan? Am I alive?" He said, not keeping the fear from his voice.

I nod at him, "What happened?"

He dropped his hand from his chest, and looked at me in the eye. "I was on this beach, and there was this little girl. I thought I could save her, from-from this tsunami, but no one could see me. She dies," He said, his voice strained.

I got up from my bed, and dropped down in his beside him. "I had the same dream."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "How?"

And then I realized. "Wait, what if that happened? Before we were made now," I suggested.

Sehun looked even more confused, "What do you mean?"

"Doctor Yung told us that during that 100 year eclipse there was a lot of disasters, and a load of them involved natural made things, such as water...What if that was one of the things that contributed to the deaths of prac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter