"I can't."

Is this real?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning contains: Violence

The falling stars didn't stop. The tear in the blackness didn't disappear either. Maybe this was how I was going to die, to freeze in this whiteness. It felt as if my blood was slowly freezing inside my veins, it could be worse I suppose, at least I wasn't being tortured to death unlike that boy.

I feel the need to protect him, and save him from the torture and pain, but I don't know where he is, or if he was even real, or just a figment of my imagination. I want him to be real. I heard his voice scream "Luhan" again, as if it was the only thing he knew how to say, but what killed me was that his voice was weak and broken, and I want to fix him. 

"Luhan," He sobbed, "I'm sorry, Luhan!"

I pick my head up off the chair, this voice, it seriously can't be real. There was a moan of agony and a cry of pain. Every minute it screamed for, or called "Luhan" it sounded more and more in pain. I could feel my heart cracking in half, if anything were to kill me, it was these screams. I don't even know how long it's been going on. 

"Stop it," I beg. "Please end this! Torture me!" It was only meant to come out quietly, but I end up shouting the last words.

Whoever was doing this to the boy, to me too, had no mercy. The new scream pierced my ears. I squint my eyes at the new pain.  The scream rattled my bones inside my small body, it brought tears to my eyes. What the are they doing to that boy?  I felt a sudden rush of anger. I swear to god, if I ever find out what is causing this boy so much pain, I will inflict the same amount of pain on it. I will! I don't care if this thing is stronger than me, I will make it suffer. 

Without warning the screams and cries stopped. I lift my head off the chair. The silence made fear tingle inside of me. I look around. One question, that makes my heart sink appears in my head, Has he died? I don't want him dead, I can't go through the rest of my life knowing an innocent boy got tortured to death and I didn't do anything to prevent it. Life wouldn't be worth living if I helped him die by not doing anything. Maybe I am a criminal. 

I could feel the tense atmosphere settle in like the falling stars settling on the ground around me. Something was wrong, why the silence all of a sudden? Surely if this was some torture method, the screams would continue. 

I let out a small gasp as I feel a hand touch me, and then a needle press into my upper arm. I felt the cool liquid drip into my veins, knowing that it must be my imagination because there was no hands or needles, but then it went almost as quickly as it head appeared. I look down at the floor and sigh loudly. I rest my fingertip on the cold whitness, drawing a small pattern of swirls. Without thinking my fingertips starts to write a name "루한". 

"Luhan," I whispered. I smile. "That's what I'll call myself," I pause. "Luhan."

 I shut my eyes. This is the first time I've smiled since coming here. This feeling of mild happiness was new to me, I can't remember feeling it before. I want to feel this emotion all the time, it was addictive. But it didn't last long. Unexpectedly, there was a huge cracking noise and my eyes widen with horror. It echoed around the blackness. My stomach sinks for what must've been the 50th time today, tonight, whatever it was. Can't I go one second in this place without the risk of death looming over me?

I felt something fall onto my bare forearm, and it wasn't the snow. My eyes skip to my arm, and there I see a thin layer of grey dust on my skin. That cracking noise comes again, louder this time, and more of this dust falls onto my arm. That's when I decide to look up at the blackness near the tear.

I in a breath, frozen with fear, I'm going to die.

Pieces of the blackness hurtled through the air at a quickening pace, and I was underneath them, watching as my death was falling towards me. I was mesmorised by what I could see behind the blackness, it was no longer black, but instead it was painted a beautiful blue colour, and there were bits of white moving slowly across the blue, the stars falling from them as they moved. Is this what it's like outside?

A piece of the black crashed to the floor next to me, and I snapped out of my daze. I picked my self up off the floor quickly, and began to run. My heartbeat quickened, knowing that if I stop for one single second that's it, it's all over. I could hear the blackness crashing on the ground behin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter