Promises.

Is this real?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their eyes glowed blue and their fur was as black as the night sky. This was the game of life or death. They moved with dangerous and threatening steps. There was only two of them one for me and one for Sehun. Their growls grew louder and sounded like an invitation to death. My eyes followed them as they broke into run towards us. They weren't big nor small, but they were big enough to end us. Their dagger like teeth dripped blood, and their claws were sharper than anything I have ever seen before. Their stares looked us up and down as if we were nothing but their innocent prey, which we were.

They split up, and I watched one of the wolf-like animals sprint towards me. I swallow and hold my hands up, getting ready to fight back. I glance over at Sehun, scared that these predators will kill him. His eyes meet mine, fear taking over his emotions. I hear nothing around me, I just hear my racing heart. I nod at him, wishing him luck, and his eyes widen just as he calls my name before I get knocked to the floor and he's fighting against the beast in front of him. I barely have time to cry out as my head hits the floor. I bite down hardly onto my lip as I feel the claws of the creature dig into my flesh. I hold my arms up, covering my face. The wolf hybrid bits down into my arm and I cry out, feeling blood run down my skin. I use my uninjured arm and elbow the wolf in its head when it goes to bite down on me again. This knocks the creature off balance, and quickly push my hands to the side, picturing the wolf flying off of me. The wolf gets shot through the air and hits the ground with a yelp.

Quickly I raise to the stand, as does the one wolf. A growl rips through its body, and my eyes flick to Sehun. He had thrown the killer wolf across the floor and was getting ready for the wolf to fight back. I look back at my wolf, and it was getting ready to pounce, his blue eyes trained on me as he crouched down. I stared at it, tempting it to come at me with my eyes. It moved slightly closer, tiptoeing to me the way death would I suppose.

"Come on," I said, my voice tense.

The wolf showed his bloody teeth as a warning, but it didn't scare me.

"Come on," I urge it, and finally it comes at me.

It pounces up in the air, and reaches out with its claws. It thought it had won, it thought it had got me, but that's when I push my hands out to the left. The wolf gets thrown out to the left, the black fur nothing but a blur in the air. But then its gone. I look out for it in the distance but it's no where to be seen. I feel that pain in my head, but that's when the sky above me darkens and I look up, and I think to myself maybe darkness is not against me.

 I stood in the room I had before. I look to my side, expecting Sehun to be standing there like he was before the simulation, but he wasn't. Suho and Lay were gone too. I wanted to know why, why me? I thought I had done okay in that simulation, why am I the only one here?

"Well, well, well, 794,"

I turn on my spot and my eyes spot Doctor Yung walking through the door. He had that familiar dark smile painted on his face. I swear each time I see him, he looks more powerful than the last.

"What?" I spit out, not bothering to sound nice in anyway.

He walked towards me and stopped about 7 steps away from me. "What do you think is wrong?"

I narrow my eyes at him, "You're a heartless , that's what's wrong."

He closed the gap between me and him, pulling a gun out and pressing it against my forehead. I make sure to look in his eyes.

"You want to say that again?" He dared.

I try to calm my heart beat and tell him "no". His grip on the gun loosens and eventually he drops his arm. "I need you to follow me 794."

"Why?" I question back.

He doesn't look at me when he says this, and I know that wherever he wants me to go is not somewhere good. "You'll see when we get there." He starts forward, and I have no choice but to follow him. He opens the large double doors and I follow him through them. I can feel the fear slowly eating away at me. We turn down a corner, and end up in a grey corridor. My heart skips a beat when I see blood smeared across the walls. Doctor Yung stops in front of a door, and pulls out a set of keys from his lab coat pocket.

"What the hell is this?" I shout at him, hating the fact that I'm yet again clueless as to what will happen to me.

"You aren't going to like this 794," He looked at me as he spoke and pushed open the door. "In, now," He instructed.

I walk into the unsurprisingly pitch black room. I hear the door shut and suddenly lights switch on and my heart drops. In the middle of the room, handcuffed and chained to the wall behind, was Sehun. He kneeled and I could see those black lines drawn over his skin again.

"Sehun?" I gasp.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter