Chapter 9

Protected

Yongguk arrived just a few minutes before Amber left. Thank god. Sumin wouldn't have survived a long wait. His knock was resolute and confident, just like the man himself. Sumin opened the door with a smile, which only was strained slightly. He looked handsome in casual clothes. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, Yongguk-ah" He didn't smile but Sumin was used to it. She had noticed that Yongguk didn't smile often, but she didn't really mind after she found out that his smile was reserved only for her. However, his expression was anything but cold. Conversely, it was like he was eating her up with his eyes. The shopping spree had been worth it.  

"Hey.." He looked around in the small apartment. 

"Where is Amber?" 

"She's not here." 

"I thought we were having dinner?" 

"We are.." He squinted his eyes. 

"But not together with Amber?" 

"Uhm, no. I thought we could spend some time alone." Something flickered in his brown eyes. 

"It's not necessary, Sumin." She bit her lip and took a deep breath.

"I think it is." He sniffed. 

"Uh, it smells good. What's for dinner?" She let him change the subject. 

"Marinated pork mixed with rice and some fruit and bingsu for dessert." 

"Woaa, it sounds delicious. I didn't know you could cook so well". His praise made her relax a bit. It was first when she read the menu, she figured out,  that he might have thought that she was making too big a deal out of a simple dinner. 

 

"I'm not. But I love to cook, especially for people I care about". Sumin had never really cooked for her parents, when she lived in Korea. Only for her aunt, uncle and brother when they visited. Yongguk's expression became more disturbed, and as she thought about it, she spotted, that he ever since he entered the apartment, he had looked pretty disturbed. What was he worried about? Had she misunderstood his interest in her? She thought about how hard it was, interpreting a man's  intimate caress. No, there was something else which made him react like that. Or had she misunderstood completely from the beginning? They needed to break the ice, even if the awkwardness only happened in her head. 

 

"Do you want something to drink before we eat?" 

He made a fierce attempt to relax in his shoulders, 

"Yes please." Sumin concluded that it wasn't only in her head. She nodded and gave him some soju Amber had bought. 

"Sit down and relax while I put food on the table." 

"Deal." He looked at the big pillows in front of the coffee table and sat down.  

He took a sip of his drink and opened his eyes widely.  

"Damn, it's strong." 

"Well yea, my uncle says it makes the others taste like water. I guess he's right". 

"You don't drink?"  He asked with obvious resentment. 

"Of course not." She didn't like the taste of alcohol what so ever and she was raised to be a good example for others.  

"Good! You who always do the right thing". Fortunately he became a little ashamed. 

"Sorry it wasn't my opinion to sound like your dad." 

"My dad would never imagine me drinking together with a man, but my brother would question me immediately." Yongguk smiled slightly. 

"Then I apologize for sounding like your brother." 

 

"Easy, oppa. I really don't see you as my brother." Sumin hurried into the kitchen without waiting for his response. He put his glass on the table after taking a big sip, when she arrived with the food. When they were adapted at the table, she took some bread and led it up to his mouth. 

"Eat." His eyes became more dark when he opened his mouth. His tongue touched her fingers slightly, when he accepted the bread and in that moment she felt electric shocks flowing in her arm. She gulped when their eyes met. 

"It's really delicious." They were still looking each other directly in the eyes. 

"Thanks" 

 

She fed him once again. He was about to refuse, but opened his mouth at last. Once again she felt his soft tongue against her fingertips. Oh god. Now she knew why Amber had recommended, them feeding each other. It was so damn . 

"I can eat myself." He said as he was done chewing. 

"But I like feeding you". She really did. She had never tried something like that before with a man, and she liked it as much as the other things she had tried with him. This was really intimate. It made her feel like they belonged together. Apparently, he fought an internal struggle and took another sip of soju. He put the drink away and took some of the bread. 

"May I return the favor?" Sumin could do nothing but nod, due to the sudden dryness in . He gave her some and she tasted his salty fingers along with the bread. She his fingers as he slowly pulled them back. He grumbled.  

"You don't know what you are doing to me, Sumin-ah." 

"I hope I do." She whispered. He looked tormented but took another piece of bread in order to feed her. She did the same and they fed each other at the same time.  

"It's okay, Yongguk". She gently touched his lips with her forefinger. 

"It's really all right." He shook his head and reveled without saying anything. 

 

"Do you want more soju?" She asked mildly. 

"No, I don't think that's a good idea." He chuckled. 

"I don't think my uncle would be happy about it!" 

"Are you going to tell him?" 

"Uh, no" 

"I've never met your family". He said negligently, but Sumin could see that the topic really mattered.  

"Do you want to meet them?" 

"I just think it's odd that I've never met them before compared to how much time we've spend together. I've mentioned my father who lives in Korea, but you've mentioned your brother, sister, parents and your aunt and uncle." 

"No one lives near the University." 

"So you live alone?" 

"Uhm, no I have a roommate." That was somehow a way to describe the conditions. 

"She's really curious. That's why we are eating here and not in my own apartment." 

"I see.." 

 

She doubted that. It was only few people who could tolerate the level of private life when you had such status, but that was a price she had to pay. Or that was what she was told. She threw the thoughts away and smiled. 

"Well. Shall we something else but bread?" 

"It sounds good." They grabbed their chopsticks and began digging into the rice and meat. They fed each other once more. This time, it was more difficult due to the meat sauce. She  tried to fight the urge to some sauce of his chin. Apparently he wasn't the only one with meat sauce in his face. A weak sound escaped Yongguk's throat as he removed some with a finger from the corner of .  

"It's my favorite dish, but I must admit that I've never enjoyed it as much as now." She wanted to tell him, how great an impact he had on her. Sumin trembled by his intense stare. His jaw muscles quivered, but he said nothing.  

"It's the company.." She dared to say, leaning slightly forward. He uttered a stifled sound and rose from the table.  

"I... I have to.." He rushed into the bathroom. 

Sumin collapsed on one of the pillows.  Maybe she was wrong. Perhaps, Yongguk didn't want her. Not anymore. Did her reaction by the lake repelled him? It wasn't her impression. Suddenly she also rose from the table with wobbly legs. She cleaned the table and scolded herself for believing that Yongguk and her had something special going on. Something he wanted to explore and deepen just as much as her. 

 

He came out from the bathroom and she put the bingsu on the table. They drank some tea together with the dessert. Sumin sat across him on the couch instead of beside him on the pillows. He wrinkled his brows, but she ignored. If he didn't want to put words on the question, she didn't want to answer.  

"Sumin, do you feel all right?" 

"Yes." She took some of the bingsu with her spoon, ignoring him. 

"Why are you sitting up there?" Oh, now he was directly mean. As if he didn't know. She glared at him. 

"Because I want to." He looked tormented. 

"I understand..". 

"Of course, no doubt." Sumin looked at her dessert and asked. 

"Do you want coffee instead of tea?" 

"No, I would prefer if you sat next to me again." 

"Sure.." 

"Damn it, Sumin!" She lifted her head and looked him directly in the eyes. 
"Whaat? I'm not stupid. I got the message and I need physical distance. It's not very tactfully to point out and I would be happy if you just let it go. I can assure you that it won't happen again!" 

"What won't happen again?" He was confused and frustrated. 

"Nothing happened." Did her attempt of seduction fail? It was even a more demoralizing thought than her family's opinions on her behavior.  

"You're right. Nothing happened tonight." He cursed and it startled her. 

"Sorry.." Yongguk mumbled. 

 

They ate in silence, but no one really enjoyed it. She jumped up from the table as soon as they were done. The thoughts whirled inside her head, and she couldn't figure out if his fast withdrawal to the bathroom was a rejection or not. Yongguk helped her cleaning up. She began to wash up, even though she planned to do it later, but right now she just wanted to be occupied. He stood right next and dried off the water with a dish cloth.  

"You don't need to help. It only takes a moment." She had cleaned the kitchen before he came. 

"I don’t mind." She sighed inside. She needed some distance, but he didn't notice. 

"The plates are beautiful- Is it yours?" 

"Yes." They were ancient and expensive and Sumin had inherited them from her family.  

"They look very expensive. Does it mean, that you are something special in Korea?" 

"Not special enough to have something to say in my family."  

"You are angry aren't you?" 

"No.." She was sad and disappointed, but not angry. Not anymore. He put his hands on her shoulders and turned her against him, forcing her to stand in front of him.

"Look at me." Sumin shook her head and fastened her eyes on his chest which wasn't exactly conductive to her peace of mind, but it was better than looking him into the eyes. He lifted his head. 

"Sumin?" 

"Whaat?" 

"Tell me, why you are worried". 

"Please, Bang just stop it." He his thumb gently against her lips. 

"I can't.." He sounded like he meant it. His touch was just about to make her moan. 

"I know you don't want me. And that's okay, really. I just feel... stupid."  

"Stupid? Oh, not stupid, princess. Never stupid but more like too intelligent." She didn't believe him what so ever and just shrugged her shoulders. She then figured out that her movement made her closer to him, as her s touched his chest. 

 

"What makes you believe, I don't want you?" 

"I can not believe, you ask me that. Do we need to talk about it, Bang? Even though you don't have feelings for me, I thought we were friends. Why are you humiliating me?" Sumin asked tearfully. He tightened his grip. 

"It's the last thing on earth I want to do." 

"Then I think it would be a good idea, if you went into another room." She reveled.  

"Before I humiliate myself." 

"You want me." 

"You can't doubt that, after the day by the lake." 

"I could say the same." He said determined. 

 

"It wasn’t me who rushed to the bathroom, when we were about to kiss... And you didn't do anything after the trip. I thought you were giving me some space to think about my feelings, but now I know that it's just because you  don't want anything to do with me..  that way, I mean.." The tears she tried to held back for so long, appeared and rolled down her cheeks.  Yongguk closed his eyes. 

"Please, baby don't cry."     ((A/N): EXO FEELS. LAWL) 

"I'm not crying!" The lie didn't even made her blush. 

 

He opened his eyes again and looked into hers. 

"Do you really believe that I don't want you??" 

She sniffled and blinked away the tears. 

"It's obvious. Please, can we just stop the talking..?" 

"Yes, we can stop the talking right away!" He moaned loudly when he crashed his lips against hers in a desperation which felt sincerely real.  

"I don't want to hurt you, baby.." 

"Does it hurt me, that you want me?" She asked confused. 

"There are certain reasons why our relationships can't develop." 

"Which  reasons?" She didn't even waited for an answer before she continued.  

"No, I don't believe you. You are just trying to avoid it but I want to fight.. For us." 

"You can't always fight..." 

"I don't believe it.. unless... you're married??" He chuckled. "No.." 

"Enganged?"  

"Nope." 

"Are you dating someone???!" 

"No, Sumin...."  He souned annoyed.

"We can tackle the obstacles, no matter how big they are!" 

"You don't understand.." 

"Then make me understand for Christ's sake!!!" It had to be afterwards, because after her remark she kissed him. She didn't want him to tell why they couldn't desire each other. They did, and that was enough. He fitted her perfectly and she wanted to convince him, that she was the right one for him. If she thought her first kiss with him was an explosive one, it was no comparison with his reaction right now. He literally lifted up her body and pushed his figure against hers, while his mouth devoured hers so asive that it felt as if her lips were on fire.

He moved, but she didn't care where.  She tightened her grip around his shoulders, when her back hit the wall. Her legs parted  by itself and made room for him in an invitation, she had never offered anyone before. He reacted fast and placed her, so his hard member pushed directly against her core. Sparks of lust shot through her and she panted.  

"You're killing me.." He growled against her ear before he bit her earlobe and caressed it with his tongue. Sumin on the other hand, couldn't say a single word. She let the body talk and writhed against him as much as possible in her position. He her neck and she could feel more sparks. 

"You taste so good."  
"Better than dinner?" She managed to tease. 

"Better than anything else." He answered with a voice, which was thick of lust. How could she managed to gone though life without experience such feelings? The answer was obvious. She had not met Bang Yongguk, and no one other than him could make her feel like this. The desire grew in her again, just like it did that day by the lake.  She was almost at the edge, but she wasn't ready for that just yet. She didn't want the moment to end. That day by the lake, she knew he came. It was at least what his growl said, but this time she wanted to look at him. Look at his face in the control of passion. She needed that. 

An irritating sound tried to  penetrate her mind, but she ignored in order to caress his neck and back. Further more she tried to memorize his defined muscles underneath her fingers.  

Suddenly, with a sharp oath he let go of her and took a few steps back, while fumbling with his phone in his pocket. 

 

 

 

(A/N): Eyy... Ruining the moment... Freaking phone...