Chapter 3

Protected

During the next week, Yongguk learned that although Sumin could be described as committed, she had no true friends who knew the truth about her and her status. Even though she was around many people, nobody was "close" to her. That was what Yongguk had observed.

At least the report he had received about her, was right about that specific topic. Everything else was wrong in so many ways. And nothing in that report had prepared him for the growing attraction between them. He thought it would be something he could exploit to getting close to her.

He was wrong. Soon he discovered that it was rather a hindrance than a benefit compared to doing the job right. How could he ever protect her, when he got distracted by the way her long black wavy hair shone in the sun? His fascination of her long hair had first been founded the first time he saw it hang loose. It looked and felt like silk. And how did he knew, how it felt like? Well, he couldn't stop touching.

Apparently Sumin didn't mind. Even though she trembled when others touched and made hugs short plus she only used one arm even if it came to her female friends, she enjoyed Bang's contact. Not because he touched her that way.. but he wanted to. Very much. He wanted to let his fingers slide down her body. That feeling made his fingers itchy. She wasn't wearing any y clothes, but it was the way she moved.

She moved with an unbelievable sensuality, that he was convinced she knew nothing about. Right now she sat opposite him at the Starbucks cafe, Chanyeol once had mentioned. The way she tilted her head, when she listened to Yongguk seriously, featured her slender neck which made Yongguk look further down. He tried hard not to stare at her perfect figure, but it was difficult considering her tight top she was wearing. The sight caused his mouth watering. 

"Yongguk-ah" She said softly and almost insecure. His stare sled back up to her face and he blushed. When did he started to blush?

He was a 25-year-old millionaire  owning his own company and was beyond that age of blushing, if he even had blushed before. 

"Yes?" 

"I wondered if you would.. uhmm.." 

"Yes?" 

She hesitated, bit her lip and looked absolutely gorgeous. In a hurry she said, "Do you want to take a walk at Myers Street??" 

"Of course. If you want to." The ordinary bodyguard of hers thought once more that she was studying. This time at home. 

When Bang found out, how Sumin tricked her bodyguards and leaved her apartment she shared with another, he wanted to strangle someone. Her bodyguards was on top of his list. How many times had she been leaving her home without any protection? Especially with the threat against his father. He haven't told her family about the error safety yet. He acted out of an assumption. An assumption that believed the threat could come within and Yongguk took no chances. When this was over, he would make a full report with suggestions for improved security around her. Youngjae kept an eye on the building when Yongguk slept in the night. B.A.P Investigations never failed.

They expected she slept at nights, but you couldn't be sure of the enterprising Sumin. 

Normally he would've assigned such case to his workers; ZeloHimchanJongup, Youngjae and Daehyun, but Yongguk's agency had become an international multi-millionaire venture by knowing what his clients needed and wanted. He knew what they needed perfectly well. And this time he made the right choice.  

Sumin kept close to him when they walked down the alley. Automatically he wrapped his arm around her narrow waist. It was only natural, given by his role, but it felt so good.  She wasn't just a client (even though she didn't know that he was her protector), but Yongguk wasn't into lovable women and warm feelings.  It had to be without commitment and no exchange of well-being without pretending false emotions. He didn't even have female friends. He had no interest in a serious relationship with a woman. Never. 

All the women he knew, had been unreliable in their own way. The woman who gave birth to him had shown maternal feelings towards him, until she left and found a more lucrative benefactor than his father. She had dumped both of them and she had contacted B.A.P Investigations exactly two times this past year. All times, she tried to use him. He had let her get away with it the first time, but the other time he rejected her. 

His grandmother was just as calculated even if she had stayed with his grandfather. He didn't know that the men in his family were so bad at picking women, or if they just were unlucky. He had managed to follow the family tradition twice before he made a rule about what kind of relationships he wanted to have with the opposite . Which was none. Nor to the women in the family and the women he once in a while shared his bed with. He had to do it, even though his feeling for Sumin were more intense and hard to control.

She wasn't different from the other women in his life he should have been able to rely on. 

She lied to her security guards and periodically to her family. Could she even be credible in a relationship? 

Yongguk thought not. She haven't told him the truth about her life. Sure they weren't in a relationship, and she wasn't even a subject for a short affair, but she didn't know that. As far as she knew, their flirting relationship could lead to anything. Nevertheless she didn't reveal the truth about her life. And her life- her CEO' daughter dignity- was one of the main reasons for his lust and desire to be totally unacceptable.

Even though she wasn't a client, an affair would've been too complicated. 

It wasn't only a question about her innocence but also the fact that Sumin as woman didn't belong to that group who would be satisfied with one night only. She was more of a type, who believed in everlasting love and all that . 

Although Bang didn't trust her, and was more cynical than most men, he didn't want to be that guy ruin her imaginations.

It could happen fast enough. Life would do it naturally.  

Not even the CEO's daughter was immune. And besides, he had worked too hard to make his company into an international player in the business.  He wouldn't put his reputation at stake because of a woman. No matter how wonderful and enchanting she was. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Scene after scene  of her time together with Yonggukrolled faster than momentarily replay through her mind as she was falling. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________