Chapter 12

Protected

She used the very same soap and shampoo she did eight years ago. He was sure about that. Yongguk could hear the water splashing as she washed herself and god he just wanted to rip off his clothes and go in and join her. It was not a part of his plan to react as much as he did when he offered to take over the case.

Her father had been angry and really worried about Sumin’s disappearance. CEO Baek even showed up at Yongguk’s office by himself, which was pretty unusual. He was accompanied by his security supervisor, but it was the CEO himself who did the talking, literally begging Yongguk to find his daughter. Yongguk was moved by seeing a proud man taking a step like that, but it wasn’t the only reason why he  personally wanted to find Sumin. There were still nights where he woke up and reached out for her in bed. She was never there, would never be, but it was him who had to bring her in. Submit her to her family in order to get her married to the “Playboy boss”. He literally didn’t understand why the CEO had arranged a marriage between Sumin and some big businessman, who was constantly on the cover of all gossip magazines. But it wasn’t Yongguk’s job to judge his client’s motives. He had accepted the task and with that he would perform it as well.

 

And hopefully he would get an opportunity to have the conversation she refused to have with him the last night they were together and that one time he called her.

 

He owed her an apology, maybe even an explanation. If he could turn back time he would have done it immediately - especially what concerned leaving her.

He had no choice because she belonged to the family she did and she was his “job”. But he would have been more honest with her at first instead of trusting the self-control which had been weaker than he thought.

He would also have explained that his attraction of her was no lie, but the real deal. He wanted to be her friend even though they didn’t have a safe future together. But Yongguk had been too angry with himself and his lack control. He had definitely been more cold and judgemental rather than apologetic. A part of him had realized the fact and it made it even worse. Today, he had done it again. Yongguk had seen her kiss the freaking water-dude and had expressed his anger in contempt which he even didn’t feel. This was a job he had accepted and he wanted to carry it out the best way possible, but was it really that hard for a woman  to choose her own husband nowadays? Even her?

 

The sound of a shower curtain pushed aside, made Yongguk look up. As a little curious boy, he looked through the door crack. Unfortunately he couldn’t see anything. Sumin was undoubtedly standing behind the door putting clothes on.  But Yongguk had not taken the mirror in account. The opened door made sure that fog didn’t appear and with that he could perfectly observe Sumin in the process of wiping her perfect body with a towel, He knew he should turn around but he just couldn’t bring himself to do it.

She was just too damn beautiful. Her light pale skin shined of moisture, places where she had not wiped herself yet. Drops of water dripped from her hair down to her perfectly shaped s, some lay around her pink s other rolled down further.

 

Yongguk fought the urge to go in and the drops away. He had already taken two steps until he stopped. He stiffened, locked his muscles and observed how she wiped herself with uncontrollable fascination.  She turned around, bent forward and revealed her heart shaped bottom. He moaned, prompting her to stiffen.

“Yongguk, did you say something?”

“Uhhm.. no”.  If he didn’t move she would seize him in the act of lurking like a teenage boy who has just seen a woman’s body for the first time.

He gritted his teeth, closed his eyes and forced himself to turn around, heading towards the bed. Yongguk opened his eyes when he bumped into the bed behind him. As he sat down he realized that the bed  perhaps wasn’t the wisest place to be.

He didn’t want to push her on the bed and throw himself over her when she came out from the bathroom.

He just wouldn’t no matter how hard it was.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Sumin was dressed quickly, but the clothes were no barrier between her and the feelings Yongguk created. The bath had not helped much either. The feeling of warm water, running down her body had only worked as a catalyst for the feelings she had given up long time ago. That was completely wrong.

She had dated several guys since college, men who were desirable, but she had not had feelings for any of them.

Then like a fairytale, Bang Yongguk just appears in her life again. And within milliseconds she had reacted as if he had never been away, never deceived her.

Back then, Yongguk had damaged her and she had definitely not any plans, falling for him again. But the emotions she had now, had nothing to do with love. Physical attraction, 100 percent  physical attraction. It had to be.  Her love for him was dead. Moreover it was a lie, she loved once. Nothing about the man had been true or real eight years ago. Even though she reminded herself of the incident, it didn’t turn off the fire inside her body which just proved that it was all a matter of physical nature. She knew better than responding to the man’s presence.

Unfortunately, her body wasn’t that smart.

 

While her hair was still wet she made a high loose ponytail, moreover she left the bathroom.  He sat on the bed with a pained expression.

“Are you okay?” She asked. The expressionless mask she hated appeared on his face.

“Yeah, are you ready to go?”

“Whereto?”

“Are you kidding me?” He sighed.

“No, I’m just guessing that you want to take me back to Korea along with my family, but given that the airport is more than 6 hours drive away, I suppose that we must make at least one stop on the way.

“Who says your family is here?”

“Oh come on.. I know what they’re doing. I’m not stupid you know.” But if he thought she would go back to Korea together with them he was completely wrong.

“You’re right. Your parents are here in the U.S. - not to mention your fiancee.”

She stamped on the ground in frustration.

“Where are we going now?”

“Do you think I’ll tell?” It almost sounded playful.

“I understand that you agree with my dad’s perception of how to handle my future and who I should spend it with, but are you really that tyrannical, to think that you don’t owe me any basic things?? Like telling me, where to spend the night?”

“Knowledge is power, baby. And I don’t have the habit of giving that away.”

“Stop calling me that, my name is Sumin not “baby”.” She crossed her arms. Maybe it was just meant ironically, but she didn’t want to hear the sweet words coming from his mouth ever again

“But..”

“And you’re just a cold hearted neanderthal  but I will nevertheless show you the respect to use your name..”

“Fine, Sumin. Are you ready to go?” He put extra pressure on her name and it irritated her tremendously.
“I have to pack first, but… I still want to know where we’re going!”

His gaze told her that she could ask as much as she wanted to but she wouldn’t get any answer. Fine. If this was how he wanted to play, she could definitely play along.

She was smart enough to know where, but she didn’t want to ruin all the fun she had asking him.

The only thing, she was unsure about was, if he would drive her all the way to the airport or to a hotel. She started to pack her things and it didn’t take long before she was finished. She grabbed her backpack and slung it over her shoulder and took the big bag as well.

“I’m ready.”

“Just like that? No objections.. No requirements for me to tell you where we’re going??” He sounded sincere marveling over her submissive facade.

Good, it was easier defeating a confused enemy.

“Nope - no objections.”

He squinted his eyes but didn’t say anymore. He took the bag out of her hands in such a natural movement, that she let him do it. There was no reason to prevent him from doing so. The most important things, she was hiding under clothes.

Yongguk put the bag in the trunk, where a big black suitcase already was lying. So that meant he had not  checked in at a nearby hotel. It wasn’t something she had expected either.

 
_________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
(A/N): Wuhuu, another update. I'm fast. I'll just warn you that the next chapters will contain -content. I hope you don't mind.. kekeke. Please let me know what you think so far, it would make me really happy.
- Thank you fo reading.
 
//ZeniaN