Chapter 11

Protected

(A/N): Woooa, another short update. I'll just say that there's a jump in the storyline. This is connected to the very first chapter. Just in case if you'll get confused. Enjoy and please leave a comment if you feel like. 

- Thank you. :-))))

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

Yongguk refused to leave before Amber had arrived and a security guard had been called to observe the building. Sumin barely managed his presence. She couldn’t endure the pain by pretending it was her mother who was there instead of him. Maybe it was a bit childish, but she had never cried in front of her mother before - as far as she could remember.

Just the thought of her mother watching her defeat was enough for her to keep the tears in. But it didn’t make the pain less. Just the thought of her mother’s knowledge of Yongguk’s recruitment and the nature of his cover in order to enter her life,  increased her perception of deception. Even though she didn’t cry physically, her heart cried blood.

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Sumin’s elastic was stretched out completely and her hands touched the water before she was pulled up again. She freed herself from the strap before the jump was over, dropped in the water and started to swim towards the shore. She couldn’t believe that Yongguk was back.

He wasn’t only the owner of the world’s biggest investigation and security agency but also the owner of his departed father’s company. Not to mention the countless boards he was a part of. She had difficulty understanding that even her own father had power to put the big shot, Bang Yongguk on a case.

She wasn’t surprised that the CEO had hired B.A.P Investigations, when his daughter disappeared, because she refused to marry a man she had never seen before. After all, his company had done an excellent job eight years ago. Not only had Yongguk taken care of her safety, he had also suggested certain changes in her security, and that had limited her opportunity to have a life beyond her studies. Thank god she had Amber. Without her, the last year of university would have been lamentable. But when the study time was over, there had been the same safeguards, which had prompted her to rebel against her family.  The rebellion had resulted in a relaxation of the security level, furthermore it had almost led to internal discord in the family. Her parents had accused their American relatives for their daughter’s reluctance to align. Despite her insistence on some form of autonomy, her parents still believed that she would marry a man they had chosen. Their arrogance made her speechless. Then and now.

She reached the shore.

“Amazing jump, Sumin. Are you ready to try again?” Sehong hit her back… or was it Sehun? She couldn’t remember.  She just knew that he was a part of the team. She shook her head.

“I don’t want to jump more today. Is there anyone who wants to drive me back to the hotel? Now?” She wasn’t that naive to believe that she could avoid Yongguk, but she didn’t want the inevitable confrontation to happen in front of a bunch of strangers.

“Are you okay? Did something happened during the jump?” She shook her head again. It was rather somebody.

“I feel okay, I just want to go back now.”

“No problem.” He said with a flirty smile and told the message to his colleague.

 

The jeep ate miles after miles between the jump area and the hotel. Sehun or Sehong geared down into a sharp curve.

“So.. you’re going back to the hotel.. has it anything to do with the man who screamed like a possessed, when you jumped from the bridge?”

“Yongguk doesn’t scream.”

“Kai said that the guy shouted and screamed at him. He was about to jump from the bridge too, when the guy pulled out a gun.”

“Pulled out a gun?” Sumin asked shocked.

“Yes, but you had already jumped. The guy.. Yongguk.. cursed harder and worse than Kai had ever heard before.”

“How do you know?” She looked at Sehong … or Sehun’s features.

 

“Kai yelled something from the bridge, when the guy drove away in his car, He thought that he was coming down facing us.”

“Maybe he was. “ But Yongguk wouldn’t have managed the distance as fast as her jump. It surprised her a bit that they haven’t met in the intersection.

“Is Yongguk your friend, boyfriend or something like that?”

“Something like that..” When she didn’t say anymore the blond haired chauffeur shrugged his shoulders.

“Hey, I respect your privacy.”

“Thanks.”

“Do you want me to tell Kai that you won’t return?”  His fingertip awareness surprised her.

“If you wouldn’t mind?”

“Not at all. Do you need a lift to town?” Sumin stiffened as they arrived to the parking lot in front of the hotel, due to a Jaguar parking just outside her room.

“No, but thanks for the offer.” The jeep stopped next to the Jaguar.

“Your… something seems to have arrived before us. Do you want me to go with you?” Sumin couldn’t help but smile. There were many good people in this world, she had to remember that.  Even though her own family was happy with selling her to the highest bidder. She turned, facing him and put a hand on his arm.

“Thanks Sehong.”

“Sehun…” She grimaced.

“Sorry..”

“It’s okay.”

“I really appreciate your offer but I’ll be fine. Yongguk wouldn’t hurt me. Not physically.” Sehun shrugged his shoulders before answering.

“Good luck with life, Sumin. Please come back if you ever need a job. Kai is very impressed by you. I'm impressed too.” The interest shone from Sehun’s gaze but Sumin was untouched by it. She had not felt anything since the night, eight years ago when she found out that Bang Yongguk only saw her as a job. Sumin had really tried but it was as if her libido was turned off and she didn’t know how to turn it on again. Her lack of ual interest had not made her life easier at all. She haven't been hurt since and now she had more time and energy to do other things, that she wanted to do.

Sumin leaned forward and gave Sehun’s cheek a peck. “Thank you.”

He turned his head and kissed her - on the lips. He wasn’t aggressive, and she didn’t feel threatened, but she felt nothing more than that. Nevertheless, she smiled when she took her bag from the back seat and got out of the car.

 

Yongguk was leaning against the doorframe when she turned around. He was wearing a suit or what was left of it. He had taken off his jacket and tie and moreover he had rolled up his sleeves. His designer pants fitted his thighs and legs perfectly. It was mouthwatering for Sumin to watch. Her fingers were itchy as they wanted to reach him and touch. What happened to her? She had been aual for the last eight years, and suddenly her hormones went berserk. It took all her willpower to hide her feelings and to look like she didn’t care, when she turned around facing the man who had haunted her dreams for eight years.

“Hey, Yongguk.” He raised his eyebrows. “You don’t sound surprised to see me.”

She shrugged her shoulders and acted uninterested even though the sight of him, made the feelings rush through her again. Just like they did eight years ago.

“I could say the same thing. I could have escaped.”

“I would have caught you.”

“Sure..” Her escape haven’t been planned very well. First of all, it would’ve been a rebellion for sure.  She haven't made plans for escaping predators like Yongguk. It didn’t mean that she couldn’t disappear. Just not right now.

He went inside and made sign for her to follow. Why not? She didn’t want spectators to see their forthcoming discussion. It didn’t hurt either making him believe that she was just as docile as her family thought she would be. A quick honk made her turn around and wave as Sehun left. Yongguk closed the door inclusive the safety chain.

“I am pleased to see how sensible you are.”

“What did you expect?” She asked and tried to ignore the feeling about the room being too small, now when he was there.

“I have personal experience of how little you care about your family and your responsibility. So well yeah, I admit that I had expected more problems and complications with you. You didn’t even try  to make  your boyfriend saving you.” The words burned, but Sumin wouldn’t show him that.  His opinion shouldn’t have an effect on her but it had. The fact that he was capable of making her angry.. with herself.

“Maybe it’s because I just don’t think it’s reasonable to marry a guy you’ve never met before, who even has the nickname, “Playboy boss.” It doesn’t mean that I’m interested in getting an innocent bystander involved in my situation.”

“The years haven’t changed you a single bit.” He crossed his arms nonchalantly.

“Really? In what way?” Sumin asked masochistic.

“You still put your own needs before what others expect you to do.”

“Ohh yeah, because , my family and their company would be very hurt if I didn’t marry my father’s business ally’s youngest son.” She rolled her eyes. She couldn’t believe what he was actually saying.

“Your dad thinks it’s the best for the business.”

“Well maybe, but I can’t see why since I'm not living with them anymore.” He sighed by her stubborness.

“But you’re still CEO Baek’s daughter.”

She shrugged her shoulders. To be honest she  didn’t want to continue this discussion anymore wearing a wet t-shirt and shorts.

“I don’t care how fascinating this discussion if, all I want for now is a bath and some dry clothes.” Yongguk observed her as she went into the little bathroom with her hands full of clothes. He saw that there was a small window, but it was too small for Sumin to escape.

“Leave the door open.” He ordered. She didn’t answer nor did she close the door.

Damnit, he almost wished that she would be stubborn and object. So he could seduce her? What the hell was wrong with him? And what was wrong with her? The Sumin he remembered wasn’t as supple as now. He said that she haven’t changed, but that was lie. She had. He didn’t like it and that made no sense at all.

The fact that she had not tried to escape or involve her blond friend in getting away, was characteristic for a submissive woman. His woman was everything but that. She had been at least eight years ago. One thing haven't changed a bit and that was the way his body reacted when he saw her. He had a hard on, since she got out of the freaking car and now it became even worse as he heard the sounds from her bath.