Chapter 2

Protected

Yongguk cursed inside his mind. The midget high-class girl was full of surprises. The first surprise had been, when he saw her sprint across the yard instead of reading a book or something with other fellow female students. It had been his plan to confer with her bodyguards first and then bump into her afterwards when she left the library. It was a good thing he saw her, otherwise he would've been such as unhappily unaware of her act as her careless bodyguard. The man really needed a safety course at B.A.P. Investigations. 

"I don't know how to do it but I would like to learn." He said. That was a big fat lie. He really didn't want to learn how to waterskiing.

 Even though it wasn't something he was utterly crazy about, he would probably make a good figure anyway. A man did what was necessary for his job. And Bang's current job was to keep an eye on the CEO Baek's daughter, Baek Sumin. Her smile was enchanting. 

"Perhaps we both can sign up for the trip if we hurry." 

Yongguk considered the options. He could prevent her from show up. He could prevent her from going with one single call or he could follow his instincts and go with her. Her obvious attraction of him would do it much easier to make sure that she would be too late, but this woman right here would somehow find a way to sign up for the trip. That was for sure. Baek Sumin wasn't as shy and industrious as he thought.

Did anyone in her family know how she really behaved? The answer surely would be negative, which was the reason for him not to turn down this trop.  

He was hired as an extra safety net along with his best bodyguards from the company he owned. B.A.P Investigations. The extra security was the result of an increased risk against the Baek-family. It would be a bonus, if Yongguk's involvement had a positive effect on her safety. He had to find out how she tricked  her current security guards to prevent her for doing so in the future. He would find out how she tricked the bodyguards by accompany her on the trip so he took a quick decision. And it involved some of his best men too. 

"Show me the way!" He said with a big smile on his face.  

She nodded, but instead of speeding up, she stopped with her stare fixed on his lips. 

"Sumin..." 

"Oh, yes. You're right. Let's go" She quickly removed her intense and threw her long ponytail over her shoulder before she began running towards the building.

 

The meeting took place on the top floor. He had no difficulty in following her, but her feminine curves made his body warm. The attraction was mutual, which should make his job easier. It didn't. Showing interest in her wasn't a part of the plan. Although it had been his initial intention to establish a friendship with her, a little closer friendship would make it much easier for him to get a glimpse of the life of the CEO's daughter. 

He wouldn't go further. He didn't do short relationships, and there were many reasons for her not being a candidate  to a short-lived affair.

Not just because she was a daughter of a client, but because her family attached great importance of her ity and innocence. It wouldn't be fair to go further than friendship and easy flirtation. He was not above using her attraction of him, although his name of honour didn't allow him to use such innocence.  

Sumin stopped in front of a good looking young man who was going down the stairs. 

"Hey, Chanyeol-ah. Are we late??" 

"Yes, but it's okay. We did nothing but handing out some papers and receiving enrolments." 

"Can we still make it?" Sumin asked excited. The guy put a hand on her shoulder. 

"Anything for you sweetie." 

Yongguk cursed to himself. Did she also have a boyfriend that her family knew nothing about? 

"Great!" She made some dance moves, 

"Yongguk would like to come too. I want to sign up with him." She turned around facing Yongguk. 

"If you don't mind of having a female instructor of course?" 

"No, I would like to and I have a couple of friends who would like to join too. They couldn't be here today unfortunately." 

"Hey, Kai can teach the new ones, and then you can be my partner, Sumin"  Chanyeol interrupted. 

"The new one prefers being partners with his new friend." 

It was the only chance for the CEO's daughter to get out  on the water. A bodyguard couldn't do his job from land or without a boat. 

"Uh, sorry. It wasn't my intention to talk about you like you weren't there." 

Sumin looked sincerely sad.  

"I hate when people do such thing." 

Yongguk imagined that she had great experience in being talked about without her being there. Especially because of her conservative family. 

"It's OK," The stare Yongguk gave Chanyeol, should make sure that he wouldn't do anything stupid. It was obvious that the college-boy  understood his message, but he didn't look happy. Bang wondered whether the relationship between Sumin and Chanyeol was more than common interest for watersports 

"Listen, I'll sign you up and your friends included, but I need some personal data." Chanyeol said while looking at Yongguk. 

"I have data from Sumin. I've already signed you up, honey. I would've handed out the papers to you in the lecture in world politics." 

 Sumin smiled gratefully at Chanyeol with an excited expression in her eyes, 

"You are simply the best, thank you!" 

Chanyeol gave Yongguk a notebook for him to write personal data about him and his friends.  
"Here, write here." But he didn't let go of the notebook as Yongguk reached out for it. 

"You are a student right? This trip is for students only" Sumin frowned but stopped when Yongguk spoke up. 

"We are all signed up for the MBA-program on the other side of the streets." 

"Well, that's OK then." Chanyeol gave him the notebook. Bang took it and flipped some pages before signing up. He analysed the names in the book before he wrote  his name and some undercover information at the bottom of the page.  He would get Daehyun and Himchan to look through the names on the list to make sure that no one was a threat to Sumin's safety. He trusted his workers. It wouldn't be a problem. 

 

He wondered how she would trick her bodyguard for a whole week, but he didn't doubt her abilities to do so. She could do it easily. 

Chanyeol looked at his watch first before looking at Sumin. 

"We almost have an hour before class. Do you want to drink a cup of coffee at Starbucks?" 

She bit her lip and glanced at Yongguk before nodding. "Why not drink a cup inside the cafeteria? I need to get something at the library." 

Yongguk was about to laugh out loud. Yes she had to pick up something. Her bodyguard. 

"Do you mind if I'll go too?" Yongguk asked. "I need a cup of coffee too." 

Sumin's lips turned into a dazzling smile. "No of course not. It's on me. It's least I can do after bumping into you." 

"It was you who landed on the ground. I think it's on me." 

Chanyeol shook his head. "I don't care who's paying, let's go. I need some caffeine." 

"Did you study all night?" Sumin asked.  

"Yeah, we could say that.." 

She hit his arm gently. "You are a bad boy Park Chanyeol. Who was it this time? The y girl with the boyfriend from the other school or is it the cheerleader?" 

"I'm not seeing the cheerleader anymore. Her coach said that he would throw her off the team if she didn't go to bed early and was focused next day at practice." 

So Chanyeol was doing such things. And Sumin knew about it. The question was if he had conquered Sumin too. It was over Yongguk's dead body.

Her family hired his agency to keep her safe, and he would make sure of that. In every way. What she was doing with that charming boy after his job was finished, didn't concern him. He ignored the knot in his stomach that evoked from the thought. 

 

The coffee wasn't that bad. Their canteen had an espresso machine. It wasn't because Bang drank such things, but because Sumin did he was sure it was good. He won the discussion about payment for the coffee, which he also expected.  He wasn't used to losing-  anything. 

"Are you going to the demonstration tonight?" Chanyeol asked Sumin, when he learned back in his chair looking around in the canteen.  

"I'm not sure, but I'll try." 

"There's rumour, that the young republicans will show up and disturb us." 

"If they do, they would hit half of their own members. Environmental protection is a hot topic, as the politicians say. There are conservatives on both sides." She said. 

"If you say so." 

"You know I do." 

"Are you studying political science? Bang asked Sumin even though he already knew the answer. He just wanted to know more about her.

How much would she want to tell? 

"We both do" Chanyeol said.  

"But Sumin is a non-partisan. She doesn't want to be identified with any of the biggest parties."  

Sumin just shrugged her shoulder, but didn't tell the reason why. She was a Korean citizen not American. 

"My dad is furious about me not being a young republican." His smirked face explained everything. Sumin shook her head. 

"I bet you participate in riots as a part of  a reactionary showdown." 

"Didn't you tell me once that you decided to study policy because your dad was against it?" Chanyeol asked knowing. 

CEO Baek's daughter nodded and looked anything but offended. 

"It was more complicated than that, but my interest in the subject was also a reason why. But my way of tackle it through school, is a result of my personal beliefs. I have an other opinion than my family, but not because I want to tease my dad on purpose. I doubt that he'll ever notice, but my family's strong political beliefs has had a powerful influence on my life." 

"In which way?" Chanyeol asked. Sumin just shook her head and wanted to change subject. 

 

Chanyeol was obvious not as close to her, as Yongguk thought. If he was he would know who she was the daughter of.