Final Chapter

Protected

(A/N: Spoiler alert: BE PREPARED FOR FLUFF)

 

 

Yongguk found Sumin in the living room, dozed off in the big leather couch. He watched her with a smile forming on his face. He had left her, answering some emails and taking some calls but ended up closing down his laptop sooner before reading all the messages through.  Actually, he was in the process of reading an important business related mail as he closed down, wanted to check up on Sumin.

It was an obsession.

Not only the but her company. He enjoyed it. Too much.

For the first time in his life he considered the possibility of being in love. I a woman who was promised to another man.

Stupid, right?

Except that Sumin didn’t consider herself as engaged, therefore he didn’t either.

The first day in the house, she even said he looked like her dad. Maybe he did in some areas but not in all perspectives and especially not regarding the thing about arranged marriage.  Not against someone’s will.

 

It had been ridiculous of him, believing that he actually had the authority to do so.

No matter what he had told her, he now deeply realized that he had offered himself in the search for Sumin so he could protect her, all by himself.

This time, if necessary, against her family’s will. How could it be, he didn’t acknowledge his own motive before now?

Well, Yongguk was a stubborn man and had firmly insisted that he would never ever succumb to love.

But it happened.

And hell, it was what it was. And he surely didn’t mind.

If just he could believe that Sumin’s family and herself would accept his feelings.

She had said that she could never love a man like him because Yongguk reminded her of her own father, but he sincerely hoped that she would change her mind.

 

Neither did it help she mentioned their ‘lovemaking’ as ‘’. Further didn’t she reveal all of herself to him when they made love.

It annoyed Yongguk. She didn’t open up the way he wished she would do.

He felt it and it made him insane and willing to try to break that barrier. Love and lovemaking was the only solution in his eyes.

Again.

Not that they technically had made love before but they had been doing everything else.

Yongguk had told her that he wanted to wait until she was recovered fully mentally before he did it.

He didn’t want her first time to be hurting like hell because he took away her ity.

And he was strongly determined about it being the first time and not the last.

It had to be done tonight, their last night together according to their agreement.

But right now he just wanted to be together with her.

Sentimentally?

Maybe. But true. And he was man enough accepting the cold hard fact.

Okay, maybe it also helped a little to know that she officially wasn’t bonded  to Korea and her father.

 

If her father had not had that control there was a little opportunity of them having a future together.

 

She was smiling.. an open expression full of love, he was sure of that now that he was observing her. The her face became more distant and his mood dropped significantly.

Yongguk sighed frustrated. It was his mistake, and he wanted to fix it. He made a mistake when he left her, and again four days ago with the purpose of connecting her to her family.

He wanted to fix everything he broke into million pieces. In a way that wasn’t to be mistaken.

“You said that I wouldn’t understand why you escaped, even if you knew it wasn’t necessary. I really want you to explain it to me right now. “

“Why???” She asked with a voice, still groggy and blurred of sleep.

Yongguk her hair gently with the tip of his fingers.

“Because I want to know you better.. understand everything about you.” His statement made Sumin chuckle.

“Women are far from easy to understand, don’t you know. It will take you a lifetime.”

Now it was Yongguk’s turn to feel amused.

“Maybe. Would it be that bad?”

Sumin’s eyes widened with great speed and shook her head.

“It must be some sick joke of yours.” She almost sounded a little offended, maybe the reason why she turned her head away from him, wanting to leave him out. But little did it help.

 

“If you say so.” Yongguk had noticed that it was one of her favorite expressions, he quickly had discovered meant that she didn’t want to discuss things any further, but where she didn’t exactly agree with her own thinking.

She frowned. Yongguk eased out her wrinkles with his finger, getting her attentions once again.

“Tell me why you escaped.”

“I was afraid. “ There. She said it. No objections. No nothing but true facts.

“Why? You have no reason to be”

“Well.. my dad.. I was afraid of what he was capable of when he wanted to force his will. “

Yongguk listened to what Sumin had to say carefully, not wanting to miss a single thing.

“So.. you escaped in order to collect strength and courage?” He raised a brow, curious about if he was right. She cut him off.

“And force him to sent someone after me who didn’t have as much authority or power.” Woa, smart one.

And effective Yongguk was impressed.

“And your plan worked.”

“In an unexpected way, you could say.” A little smile increased and it caught Yongguk of guard as he started to smile like a crazy too.

He liked her teasing so much.

 

“Was it really unexpected? You had to know he wouldn’t use the same security service you ran away from.”

Sumin sat up, curled in her favorite corner of the couch.

“You’re right. I think that my subconscious thought that he would contact you.. Well, it worked before didn’t it?”

Something inside Yongguk’s stomach twisted. Did she really just say that? She was melting his heart.

“But you were still concerned about seeing me.” Not because she’ve showed it openly but because he had figured it out himself.

“I think that you’ll always concern me, Bang.” God, that was it. The way the words lingered out of , almost caressing his ears.

It killed him and his feelings thoroughly.

 

“And you’ll always distracts me.” He moved closer and Sumin chuckled.

“Is it where all the kissing begins?” She was teasing him so much and he loved it. He wanted to kiss her so bad but he had to act rational for what he was planning to do.

“It is actually where I remind you about, us going out tonight, with you looking hot as .” She rolled with her eyes, tilting her head as she watched his gummy smile appear.

 

“We went out last night.” Sumin bit her lip, something she did when she was thinking or if she gathered courage. She continued.

“I’d rather stay here with you..” He wanted to, so bad. Kissing her senseless, but not tonight.

“I want to take you to a very special place.” He watched her reaction, she looked surprised but not in a bad way.

“Well, it can’t be more special that being alone with you. “

 

 Touché.

 

“I’m glad.. but this is important to me. Please do it for me, princess. “ She looked up in the air, faking her consideration of his offer.

Of course she wouldn’t say no, she just liked the teasing.

“But I don’t have anything to wear.” Well, it wasn’t a lie. It wasn’t exactly like she had a perfect gown or beautiful dress to wear.

Maybe that was her last safe haven, for the opportunity of the two being alone. Yongguk, however, didn’t seem to be bothered, rather the opposite.

He enjoyed seeing her trying to convince him otherwise so effortlessly.

 

“If you go to your room, you’ll discover that you have. It lies on your bed. “ Her eyes widened in a great surprise.

Did he really do this while she was asleep?

“Well, someone has been pretty smart, right?” She guessed, trying to pull the obvious truth out of him. He chuckled.

“Yeah, really smart and sneaky.” She grinned and watched the warm in his eyes before she became serious.
“You really mean it don’t you? It sounds really serious.”

“It is serious, Sumin-ah.” He crossed his arms.

“Well, then I’ll get dressed. BUT you have to let me do it in my own room, otherwise we’ll never leave this house.”

“Don’t worry I know.” He bit the tip of his tongue teasingly, thinking about the things that would happen if they got dressed in the same room. Oh dear god. She was right and he knew it before she said anything about it.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

Sumin had fallen in love again and again the past three days, and she realized that her love for Yongguk years ago never died.

In those three days she had forced herself not to imagine things or fool herself.

She wouldn’t keep convincing herself that Yongguk liked her when it only was the he wanted.

But he didn’t want a bed buddy.

He had asked her more and more questions than she could count, just like he did when she was sitting in the couch.

He has used hours, trying to read her mind and the other way around.

But nonetheless, every second, every minute of those three days she was well-aware of the fact that he followed a plan with the ‘maybe’-result of her marrying another man.

Or that was at least what she thought, he wanted.

He didn’t behave like a man who wanted his woman to be handed over to another man.

Yongguk had regularly come with various remarks about their future, suggesting that they should have one together.

Fiercely, she had rejected every single one of them. Now she was speculation whether if she had fooled herself, believing that the man she loved would let her go.

Oh god, those kind of thoughts only resulted in heartaches and pain.

At the same time, Yongguk didn’t behave like a man who would hurt her. Rather the opposite.

 

Sumin watched the beautiful box she was about to unpack. She watched the dress closely as he packed it out, and gasped when she saw it properly.

Long time ago, she had mentioned about that she wanted to wear her aunt’s wedding dress when it was her turn to tie the knot.  

It was a beautiful simple figure sewed dress, that would’ve fitted a starlet from the 40’s.

She laid the masterpiece her bed, beside a pair of white high heels and a tiara. She felt the tears burning on the inside of her eyelids.

It was beautiful. She really was his princess.

She considered if she was brave enough, taking a chance with the man, fate deemed she would love till the day she died.

In one of the transient moments of lucidity, which normally terrified her, Sumin  realized that she wasn’t brave enough saying no.

First, she had to ask him a question.

 

Sumin found Yongguk in the room next to hers, with the dress in her hands. He had troubles with his bow tie, looking more nervous than she had seen before. He looked up when she walked in.

“You don’t like it?” He frowned, pouted as he looked at the fabric in her arms. His voice was thick of emotions she clarified easily.

It came from fear.

“I love it. You knew I would.” He reveled by her answer.

“I hoped so.” She looked at him intently, with her mind set on something else than the dress.

“I have to ask you a question.”

“Anything for you, princess.”

“I am your princess, right?”

“Yeah.” He looked at her weirdly, trying to figure out why she asked such question.

“That wasn’t my question.”

“I thought so.” That was why it didn’t make sense, at all.

“Why?”

“Why what?” He stopped fiddling with the bow tie which obviously didn’t want to cooperate.

“Why did you leave me back then? Why this.. proposal? It’s what it is, right?” She asked and nodded towards the dress in her arms.

“That it much more than one question.” Sumin didn’t answer that, she just waited.

Yongguk ripped off the bow tie, irritated.

“I have to use something else.” He mumbled to himself, annoyed by the little piece of ty fabric.

 

, he couldn’t even dress himself properly, now that she was there. A little smile appeared on Sumin’s face, just as if she knew what Yongguk was thinking.

“I’ll help you with that… if you answer my questions.” Well well, someone has learned to negotiate. Yongguk smirked. She had been learning from him, his girl already a tough dealer.

“Back then I thought your father had legal control over you. I knew.. or thought.. that a shared future was a no go.

And if I have to be honest, it was as much a relief as a grief.

“How can that be?” His words caught her attention.

“I’ve told you about my mother, she’s not the only woman in my life, who taught me that love is a weakness my pride can’t afford.”

“Do you still believe in that?” She hoped not, she was preparing for the worst to come out of his beautiful mouth.

“No.” He sighed of relief.

“What made you change your mind?” She crossed her arms.

“Previous relationships. The first woman tried to make me pay entertainment contributions through legal action, when I broke up with her because I discovered that she was screwing some other guy. The second, dumped me when she found a man with more money. “

The pieces began to fit inside Sumin’s head as he nodded understandably.

 

“Sooo.. you automatically assumed that every other woman was just like that?” He nodded carefully, almost regretting.

“At least the women which men in my family fell for. My dad and grandad had a horrible taste in women.” He snorted to himself, biting the inside of his cheek as he looked up the ceiling.

“But you haven’t.” He looked at her once again. His smile was bright, showing all of his teeth.

It made the tears appear in the corner of her eyes because she realized that it was completely new expression.

“No. I have an excellent taste.” A small glimpse of pain showed in his eyes.

“I wished I knew back then.” He gave her a regretful smile that Sumin wanted to remove.

“But you were convinced that my dad would do anything to separate us.” Automatically, they got closer.

“Yes, for good reasons. Even if he has kept his distance from you, he’s a man of honor. He wouldn’t break the law to get his will. He can’t make you do things you don’t want to.”

She realized that Yongguk had been  more affected by her father’s position than she knew off.

And not only because he was impressed by it but he saw it as a means to damage her. In his own way, her lover had tried to save her from more heartache years ago.

 

“You tried to talk to me twice.”

“I couldn’t quite let go of you.” His smile was wry, and it warmed her body.

“I never really let go of you either.” She gave him a billion dollar smile as she tiptoed back and forth, looking as innocent like a little girl.

“Say it.” She and he frowned.

“If you want me to wear this.” She looked down her dress. “You’ll have to say it.”

“Another deal.” He smirked and put his hands in his pockets casually as he bit the tip of his tongue in a teasing manner.

“Nope, this time it’s pure blackmailing.” She stuck her tongue out at him and chuckled.

Meanwhile, Yongguk was wondering how the hell this girl had become such a tease. Hiw own very personal tease.

He came even further and took her in his arms. It surprised her that his body was shaking. Their eyes met as he cupped her face in his hands.

 

“I love you princess. Today, tomorrow and forever. You are everything I’ve ever dreamed about a woman and more to come.

I give you my heart. I promise from this day forward, I’ll protect you the way you want to be protected.”

That was the promise he made her.  She wanted to with his sudden cheesiness.

His play with words and everything but she was too busy, trying to keep the tears inside. Instead, she sniffled.

“I love you too baby.” His eyes lit up and became almost sparkly as he gulped the lump in his throat.

 

“Do you want to marry me, Baek Sumin?”

“Y-yes. “ She stumbled upon her words, the tears flowing down her cheeks as his lips found hers. She felt his love through his lips works against hers and she was pressed into his hard and shaking body. Both of them, swimming in emotions of love.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

Yongguk waited for Sumin’s uncle to walk her down the aisle. He had been taking a big risk, trying to get a connection between the two people who’ve raised her. It was a great risk, telling her father about their plans. The fears of him trying to ruin everything and stop them but he knew it would mean a lot to her, having the old couple with them. That resulted in her father trusting their love as he’d call them.

 

And they came. Not only did they accept their love, they also came with the dress Sumin was wearing.

 

She looked like a vision.. a too beautiful vision. She had her long hair up in a big messy curly low bun. The dress highlighted her gorgeous curves and the high heels gave her a swaying way of walking, which caused his temperature to get into the red zone.

When her uncle placed Sumin’s small hand into Yongguk’s, he felt that the small pieces of his life finally got together, forming a whole.

 

A unity.

 

A unity that was supposed to be created from the very first time they met.

She smiled and his heart contracted.

“Thank you.” He said profoundly, not letting go of Sumin’ gaze.

The priest coughed which caused Sumin’s uncle and aunt to laugh along with the rest of B.A.P that watched the two.  

 

All Sumin did was to look at him with infinite love.

 

“Thank you for what?”

“For loving me enough not to give up.”

“You too. Thank you because you loved me enough to come back to me.”

“The pleasure is all mine.” They both were in their own little bubble. A bubble only filled with undying love.

 

The rest of the wedding ceremony took place in a veil of emotions and promises, which hit him right in solar plexus.

 

Afterwards the ate dinner at a little fancy restaurant on the top of a skyscraper, reserved for the closest friends and family, inclusive many big shots in his business and other important people. His princess fitted right in.

 

His princess. For the rest of his life. The satisfaction waved through him.

And those waves evolved into a tsunami of passion when they came back to the house.

 

Both in bed. Yongguk on top of her, as he had just pleasured her. He was pounding by desire for marking her as his.

He slammed into her.

“Till death.”

“Till death.” She repeated in moans and lifted her hips to give him a better angle.

“I love you.” He panted inside as he came.

“Sumin, you’re my life.”

“Love... love.. love..” She chanted in moans, letting it slip into his mouth when she came and added her enforcement to his, till the circle was complete.

 

They were one, never separating. That was something he would make sure of.

 

THE END

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: I can't believe it's done. Woaa, thank you to every single one of you for supporting this story! Silent subbies as well as the one who comments. Thank you, thank you. Thank you and please take care)