Chapter 15

Protected

Sumin went into the dining room wearing an oversize t-shirt which didn't hide her perfect curves nor the fact that she was still wearing a bikini. You could actually spot the bikini briefs underneath.

“Can we eat outside? I wanted to before, but couldn’t due to the alarm?” Ingratiatingly, she smiled at the waiter, who was starting to wreak food on the table.

“We can carry the food out ourselves. You don’t have to do it. By the way, it looks delicious!” The young man gazed at Sumin too admiringly which made Yongguk a little bit annoyed.

“No, I don’t mind doing it. Not at all.” The waiter collected the dishes before heading towards the balcony door.

“Did I mention that I wanted to eat outside?..” Yongguk said gently, or at least he thought so. But his voice startled the waiter. Sumin just smiled.

“Don’t be such a killjoy. Even successful businessmen need to stop occasionally and breath in and smell the roses.” Yongguk glanced at her scowling.

“I don’t like flowers.” She chuckled. Even the waiter couldn’t help but smile. Yongguk sighed resignedly.

“Okay, let’s eat outside.”

“Great!” Sumin spinned around and opened the door for the waiter quickly. The waiter smiled in thanks and let his gaze slide down her scantily clad body.

 

Bang groaned internally and followed them. As expected, the furnitures were faultless and prepared to put food on. Automatically, Yongguk pulled out a chair for Sumin and she thanked him with a smile that only the most conservative wouldn’t call flirty. What the hell was going on?
She had been furious with him earlier and now she treated him like like she did years ago when they first met. Maybe not as directly. She had become an adult, flirting more openly

He sat down confused and tried to figure out what had changed.

At one point, the young waiter was bold enough to roam Sumin’s thigh.

“Cute drawing.” Without thinking, Yongguk grabbed his wrist. “Don’t touch.”

Sumin wrinkled her forehead and the waiter struck out with the other hand.

“I just underlined that I liked her tattoo.” Did Sumin have a tattoo? Impossible. Yongguk would have noticed immediately if so. He let go of the waiter and snarled at Sumin,

“Let me see.” She made sky-facing eyes, poking her thigh forward and said.

“Can you see it?” Damnit. There it was. Right at her hip bone. A little cartoon character.

“May I sit down again?” She asked with an exaggerated patience.

“For my sake.. No need.” The waiter said with a smirk across his face. Yongguk gave him that look, he used for employees who were getting fired but Sumin and the other man just continued their exchanges until he served the food.

“Thank you.” Sumin said on behalf of both.

“You’re welcome.” The waiter answered. “Just call when you’re done, then I’ll come and clean up the mess.”

“Great! We’ll do.” She finally said when Yongguk remained silent, not wanting to answer a bit. The waiter nodded and left.

 

 

“You were really bitter..”

“You assume that I’m not like that all the time.” He said half-annoyed, half-boring.

“Yes, I only know what you said to me years ago and most of it was surely a facade." She sounded very smug.

“The only role I played was the role as a student. The rest was me.” She watched him speculatively. “I doubt that..”

“You think I’m lying.”

“I think you are unaware of how much you dropped when we were together back then.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re a very intense man, Yongguk. You hided that intensity most of the time but since yesterday, you’ve exposed it openly." She took a sip of her glass of water.

“If you say so.” Yongguk was annoyed by a her obvious observations. Was it because she was right?

“I am.”

“A tattoo?” He asked in order to change subject. Sumin shrugged her shoulders.

“It felt real back then.”

“Why?”

“It’s Road Runner. He should be a victim, a prey right? But he’s not. I needed to recall myself that I’m not one either, that I didn’t have to fit that form that was made for me, no matter how hard it was to live outside that form.”

“When did you get it?”

“A month after you left.” For reasons he didn’t understand, he felt guilty. It was an unknown feeling, not very nice by the way.  Be offensive when you’re insecure about your defense. It worked in terms of business, why the hell didn’t it work in relative to relationships? Not because he was in a relationship with Sumin, but even Yongguk couldn’t deny that she was more than a job.

 

“Did you really have to perform in a swimsuit in front of the staff?”

“It was only a waiter! And he didn’t seem to mind.” She started to eat and murmured satisfied sounds when she tasted some of the food.

“Do you enjoy to expose yourself in front of susceptible men?” Yongguk wasn’t aware of his tone. He sounded like a serious father but he just couldn’t help it.  On the contrary, Sumin chuckled.

“Yeah, he was pretty susceptible, right?” Bang stiffened and clenched his teeth. Sumin noticed his behavior and his arm carefully.

“Relax, it was just a joke. We were both friendly, nothing else.” Even through his jacket and button up shirt, his body reacted heavily when she touched him.

“Friendly plus half- is equal to flirty.”

“Anything you say..” If it just was like that, Yongguk thought.

“I want to go back to the spa after dinner and that’s the reason why I hadn't changed, but if it bothers you that much then I’ll wear something else.”

“It doesn’t bother me.” As soon as he said those words, he knew that it was a mistake but he couldn’t take it back.

“So it doesn’t bother you that other men can see  a bit of my skin?”

“It’s a hell more of a bit..” He grunted. She shook her head.

“Do you want to know what I think?”

“No.” Sumin ignored him and continued.

“That you depict your own feelings onto him. You assume that he wants me because you want me yourself.” Her teeth played with the tip of her tongue.

“I didn’t say I want you.. and why wouldn’t he?” Her laughter was free, cute and too damn y for his lust. He had had a hard on ever since he watched her in the bathtub and now his pants seemed to be a couple of sizes too small.

“Oh, you want me. I saw a proof earlier this morning.”

“It’s called morning . It happens for all men.” Before Yongguk could explain about his “accident” further, Sumin interrupted him.

“Statistically.. But not true, and don’t tell me that your reaction this morning wasn’t a result of arousal.”

“SUMIN!” Yongguk was deeply shocked by her forthrightness.

“What???! Do you think I’m hopeless naive just because I haven’t dated much?”

“According to your file, you’re innocent.” She lifted her perfectly formed brows.

“Was our little incident by the lake or the incident at Amber’s apartment mentioned in the file??”

“Of course not.”

“But...” He interrupted her. “Since then, you’ve been watched more intently.” She shrugged her shoulders.

“I won’t deny,”

“Because there’s nothing you can deny.” It was more important than it should be and she confirmed that she had not had any lovers.

“But..” She continued without commenting on his remark. “Let me just point out that the lack of practical experience, if you can say lack, won’t keep me away from reading about it.”

 

“Did you read books about ?” Okay, maybe he shouldn’t be as shocked, but his sweet and innocent Sumin? Reading books about ? It was a shocking, but nonetheless too teasing thought.

“Well yeah?? Why not?” He had no answer. They continued their eating in silence. Sumin seemed to be completely relaxed but Bang on the other hand kept thinking about all those things she could’ve read about.

 

Sumin her lips and laid the napkin down on the plate before pushing it away from herself.

“Did you tell my father or his advisors about my residence here?”

“Why? Are you hoping to persuade me to let you go?” The thought made him wrinkle his brows, but nonetheless he said;

“I won’t. Not even after what happened this morning.”

“You mean what was ABOUT to happen, right?” She asked teasingly.

“You touched me.”

“And you liked it. “ He opened his mouth in order to answer, but no sound came out. She chuckled. Again.

“No denial?”

“You can’t persuade me to break your promise to your dad in terms of .”

“The thought has never occurred to me.” Thank goodness for small services.

“The truth is.. that I want to make a deal.”

“I just said…” Once again she interrupted him before he could finish off his sentence.

“No no! It’s not about my freedom. Although you were willing, you haven’t power to offer me so. Not quite. You could break the contract but my father would just hire someone else.”

“You’re right!” He was happy that she finally admitted it. The thought of another man, escorting her to her family - and use funds which Yongguk didn’t want to think about - made him seethe with anger.

 

“But you can give me something I want..”
“What?” He was damn curious to know what she was thinking about this time.

“To start with I want time..”

“Sumin” Yongguk said warningly.

“Not much. Just a couple of days."

“And what do you think, you can offer me .. ?” He was curious like hell. Would she offer her own body in order to get more time? The thought was more tempting than he wanted it to be

“My docility.” Her answer surprised him.

“I’ve got you. I don’t need your docility.”

“Are you sure?”

“You would probably call me arrogant, but yes.”

She flung her hair over her shoulder and tilted her head. “How are you going to get me on board the aircraft?”

“I have a letter from your father which gives me permission to use the necessary funds if needed.” Sumin became a little pale but still looked confident.

“In Korea that letter would’ve worked but we’re not in Korea.”

“But it’s your country..”

“No, actually not.” She sounded so confident and not like a sulking child, rebelling against her parents.

“You can’t deny.” Yongguk was stubborn, but so was she.

“No, but I can and I’ve made sure to change it.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m officially an US citizen.”

“It doesn’t make you an US citizen just because you’ve stayed here for long?”

“No, but to apply for citizenship along with passing the test, makes you one right?” A very bad word escaped his throat.

“If you try to force me onboard, you’ll risk being accused for kidnapping.”

“Your dad..”

“He has diplomatic immunity. You haven’t. And even his words aren’t a law in Korea. They are only worth a piece of paper.” She looked down at the table, waiting for his response.

“You’re lying.”

“No, I’m not.”

“How??...” Yongguk was startled but continued.

“Why did you take with me yesterday??” Yongguk had too many questions he wanted to ask.

“Why did you even runaway?” He kept asking and asking and Sumin looked away, which meant that Yongguk couldn’t decipher her facial expression.

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“Your father knows nothing about your double-life.” Damnit, Yongguk didn’t even know if she was bluffing but something inside of him told him,  that she was telling the truth. She just shrugged her shoulders.

“I can’t believe that he doesn’t know.” Yongguk grinned while he shook his head in astonishment. Sumin really had no answer, so Yongguk continued.

“So you were already a citizen when we first met?”

This time she answered.

“Yes.”

“Why did you do it?”

“I knew that I would need it one day.” She sighed and looked extremely sad.

“I’m not expecting you to understand. I know what you’re thinking. Especially when it concerns my “so-called” duties.” Yongguk sighed and slided his hands back and forth around his face.

“You said that you wanted to negotiate with me about your docility??”

“Yeah.” Sumin seemed to be rather relieved about the subject change.

“What do you want more beyond time?”

“You, Yongguk. I want you.”

 

 

Sumin swore she would have been laughing due to Yongguk’s expression if she hadn’t been that nervous. Until now, she had managed to hide her feelings and emotions, but if she wasn’t careful the facade of hers would soon crack.

“What the hell do you mean by ME??”

“It’s actually pretty simple.” She managed to say in spite of lump in .

“I want to have with you… more than once. That’s what I want time for.”

“I’m not a freaking gigolo.” He exclaimed, sounding very offended.

“And I’m not offering to pay you to have with me.”

“You mights as well do.”

“Don’t be such a prick. Whether you want to admit it or not, you want me. Bad.” She breathed heavily. It was so much harder than she imagined and she didn’t believe it would be easy.

“And I want you. Two normal people having .” He shook his head in disbelief by her remark.

“You’re just playing with me.”

“Listen, it’s not like I’m asking for something you can’t give me. Think about it, Bang.” Sumin got up from the chair.

“And meantime you’re thinking, what about calling the cute waiter to clean this up?” She took of her t-shirt when she left. It didn’t hurt, giving Yongguk a glimpse of her offer. Sumin had a hard time, accepting her own daring behavior, but she had never hesitated going after what she wanted. And right now she wanted freedom. And that was a freedom that only he could provide no matter how much she with that cute waiter. The other man had touched her thigh, and it had not affected her nearly as much as Yongguk’s gaze when she showed him her mini-tattoo.