Chapter Five

As Twisted as Crossroads ('Tied To A Child' Side story)

 



To be honest....I miss him. 

 


 

 

Luhan didn’t say anything as he led me back to their house. He made sure to keep a strong arm wrapped around my shoulder, as if his touch could exert some kind of security to me and making me feel protected in his half-sided embrace. I had to admit I did feel better in Luhan’s strong cocoon of arms but god I’d die before really telling him what I thought about it. Nevertheless, I was grateful that he had found me because otherwise I wouldn’t have known what to do. Wolves would’ve probably eaten me by now, or worse, other creatures that I didn’t know existed.

Hey, werewolves exist. I bet vampires do too now. I wouldn’t be surprised really, what with everything happening around here.

 

Although I hadn’t said anything specifically related to the fact that I feared the darkness more than ever, I think it was pretty obvious to him since he hustled closer to my side when I flinched upon feeling the movement of bushes nearby. He bent down to whisper slowly in my ear, without any surprising malice found in his deep alto, “It’s okay, its just Kai roaming the woods”

 

I nodded and bit my lip to stop my hands from trembling horrendously. He probably thought I was just a little chicken that loved playing the role of the damsel in distress, when in truth I hated it so much that he had found me in the woods, because now he knew that I wasn’t invincible. It was my goal, to show him that I was strong and could stand by myself, but unfortunately he saw past that strong façade. Would he take his revenge or use this as blackmail against me?

I can see him do that.

 

Upon arriving at the house, he led me to his room and said something that left my jaw hanging open.

 

“You take the bed” He ordered like it was the most natural thing of him to say so. Excuse me; this was Luhan we were talking about, the one that had always been a bastard to me. Just because he saw me all fragile and girly-looking, didn’t mean that he had to change his ways. On the contrary, I felt even more threatened now that he treated me differently. Maybe he saw me in a new light, maybe he thought that I wasn’t that invincible to start with, that there were the right buttons that could be pushed to hurt me the most.

, this was bad.

What if he realized that the façade I put up, the tough and badass façade was only for public show? Was the only reason to keep me safe?

 

“No” I replied with hardness in my tone. No way was I going to roll around on his bed and come out again smelling like him. That was the last thing on my list, and saving me or not, it didn’t cut out the fact that Luhan was still a n.1 bastard that wasn’t aware of anything but his own selfishness.

I watched his body halt in mid-step, obviously surprised at my bold outburst just when I had shown him the most vulnerable side of myself. I was making up for that, trying to act bold and badass again so that this gentle and fragile image of myself would dissipate from his thoughts. It was enough that he could read my thoughts out loud and took pleasure into tormenting me because of it, so I didn’t want any more unnecessary drama.

 

His eyes flashed with silver when he turned to clamp his gaze down on me, “Take the bed”

 

“I don’t want to” I ignored his gaze and directed myself towards the mattress placed near his bed, lying my body on the other side so that I didn’t have to look at his face before closing my eyes and curling myself into a ball. Not because I was cold but because I felt his eyes literally burning holes in the back of my head, and trust me it felt horrible and suffocating the way he looked at me. If I could just die in a hole somewhere it would’ve been way better than this awkward situation.

 

I felt more than heard the rumbling of a soft growl erupt through his chest, and with a bite of my lip squeezed my eyes shut trying to make as if he wasn’t standing two meters away and cursing me inside his mind.

 

I wasn’t expecting anything from him; well actually I was actually thinking that he’d probably just toss me out of his window or kick and throw a tantrum before resigning to his own sleeping space. I couldn’t understand however what was his problem with me sleeping on the ground when he could have his bed just like those spoilt rich brats that got everything they asked for. Usually, people loved their own personal space, and the fact that Luhan was so insistent that I use his bed rendered the thought creepy as hell.

Not like he could do anything whether I was on the mattress or the bed right? So what difference did it make?

 

But then a squeak erupted from my lips, “YAH!-“

Before I knew it, Luhan had his arms wrapped around my back and under my knees, slinging me over like I just weighed feathers before plopping me onto the bed. In the surprise of it all, my arms had wounded their way around his neck and it was only when he laid me down that I realized that my grip was still locked around him like I was holding on for dear life.

 

About to remove my grasp onto him in shock and more than a little disgust, my muscles froze in place when I met the silver orbs of his eyes dancing with the light of the moon, casting soft shadows around his face and making him appear more angelic looking than usual. It broke the sharpness of his jaw and he looked more like an angel cherub what with his lips parted like he was exhaling loudly, breathless with his burning stare of intent. I wanted to move, trust me I had never felt more awkward in my entire life, but somehow with his eyes looking at me like that; like I was the thing that sustained his life, like an artist admiring his artwork, my body wouldn’t budge, partly out of fear for this mysterious creature and partly because I just couldn’t no matter how hard I tried calling my brain back to it’s senses.

 

It felt so right. For a moment the burning sensation inside of my chest blossomed as I felt all the places where his body touched mine with an intimate intensity that caused my breaths to come in sharply. His hand cradling the spine of my back, his fingers brushing over the skin on my knees, and his chest nearly touching mine…I felt like I couldn’t breathe anymore, like there was no more oxygen for me to take in a breath.

 

But it felt good.

 

It was only when the heat of his forehead pressed to mine that reality came crashing back like cold water splashing on my face. With a startled gasp, my eyes flew back up to meet his and realized that his were closed, eyebrows scrunched in an image of pain. He was taking deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling so sharply his chest rose and fell with every breath


 


 

He had to control himself. He had to.

No, no, no…. he chanted inside his head like a mantra, willing his body to move away and grunting in annoyance when his wolf yapped inside of him, snapping at his shins to remind him that it wasn’t every day he got to hold his mate in his arms so freely. The desire was burning, exploding inside his chest like millions of butterflies had caught on fire and were now fluttering up and down his stomach. He shouldn’t take advantage of her like that, not when she was in a vulnerable position and definitely not when he felt like he wasn’t in control of his movements.

He had to shut his eyes in order to control himself when he caught sight of her lips parting in shock, her eyes wide and more than just beautiful in the moonlight, and let’s not forget those soft breaths tingling his skin with electric jolts.

 

Seulmi was just calling out to him to kiss her, to envelope her with his warmth and to mark her skin so that his scent would roll off her to make sure the world was aware that she was taken.

But no.

 

He couldn’t, wouldn’t do that.

He drew away so abruptly that a gasp fell from the girl’s lips as he tried to ignore his wolf growling and snarling at his stupidity, clenching it’s jaws with disruption that he was so close and yelling at him for being an idiot while Luhan bumped his head against the nearby wall and pulled his hair in an effort to gain control over himself.

 

You want her, you know you do, it was saying while its jaw.

Shut up! He screamed inside his head.

How bad could it get? Just one little peck won’t matter. She’s yours anyway, it was chuckling in glee as Luhan punched the wall out of pure fury, knuckles groveling into the cement and causing the house to shake on it’s hinges. Bowing his head and trying in vain to even out his breaths, he counted to ten with his eyes closed before opening them again and ordering his wolf back towards where he belonged with a harshness that caused the huge dog to yelp in fear, Shut The Up. I am not going to do it, she deserves better.

 

Finally, finally he shut up and locked its jaws sullenly.

Regaining his senses, his eyes widened when he noticed that he had made a crack in the wall and groaned upon remembering that Suho would surely make him repaint over it and smooth over the creases. Damn it, he thought before turning to see Seulmi still gazing at him with wide open.

 

For once, his wolf was silent without any comment about how she looked like the most adorable thing he had ever set eyes upon.

 

“Y-Yah…” damn, if he hadn’t smelt the fear rolling off her body, he wouldn’t have guessed that the girl was scared, for her gaze was hard and intense as usual, if not kind of confused with his actions. “Are you okay?”

 

He decided that saying nothing would be for the best, but of course she had to persist with him being the little minx she was, “Yah, I asked you a question” then under her breath, ‘snotty ahjusshi’

 

Despite himself, Luhan let a chuckle slip past his mouth when she muttered to herself, “I’m fine, just sleep”

“But your hand…” she trailed off and looking down, he realized that his knuckle was bruised and bleeding.

“Wolves heal quickly,” he told her, “Now sleep”

Maybe he should consider sleeping in another room, just in case. Because one more second of looking at her and he might lose all control of his senses.

But then a smile danced across his lips as he gazed at her now sleeping figure, snoring like a choochoo train, so she does have emotions after all.

 

 


 


 

“So” Haerim leaned back on her elbows and turned her head to look at me, “Care to tell me what happened last night?”

 

 We were sitting on the back porch watching the boys play football, the afternoon sunlight casting golden rays of sunshine upon us as I frowned and narrowed my eyes at the older girl. It wasn’t that I lacked respect but now that I thought twice about it, Haerim and me were pretty much alike in terms of personality. I found myself in the character of the strong-willed female wolf, and she gave me this sense of security that only an older sister could provide. It wasn’t in my nature to get accustomed so easily with people, but Haerim was different, she felt different and I liked it that someone in this household could understand me.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked tentatively, not really knowing where all this was going.

 

She rolled her eyes and replied, “Don’t act so innocent. We all felt it”

 

“Felt-what?” I frowned this time, confusion swimming across my brain.

With a knowing smile, the older girl leaned over to wink at me, “We all felt the last night”

 

“Bwoh!?” I seldom kept a straight face when I felt the heat starting to creep up on my neck, wondering where exactly the subject had sprung. Last night, nothing had happened I thought to myself as I tried to recall back the events. I mean, if she didn’t count Luhan throwing his fist at the wall for god knows what reason and staring the creep out of me for like about 5 minutes-

Oh.

So she was talking about that?

 

But there was nothing ual about that.

Oh god, just the thought of the word caused my body to shudder, leading the other girl to chuckle and pat me sympathetically on the shoulder. “You can’t hide anything from us, no matter how much you try”

 

“But nothing happened” I protested though I was certain that the intimate stare we had shared was much more than just normal. There was no way I could’ve dreamed of it either because his eyes were so different that night, they gleamed with a light that left my head spinning deliciously, it didn’t make sense, and I was more than confused.

 

Haerim threw me a look, “So you agree that you didn’t feel anything? Anything at all last night?”

 

She caught me there. I gulped nervously, suddenly aware that the sun was striking my back with so much intensity I felt sweat run down my spine, “I-I-I don’t know. W-What am I supposed to feel?”

 

“Not just anything that’s for sure” The older female werewolf threw her head back and yawned lightly as her ears sprung up from her head. No matter how much time I spent with those canines, I’d never get accustomed to all that randomness with their ears crap. It just scared the beejeezus out of me I mean come on, ears? Real ears with fur? God, people would think I’m crazy if I told anyone that.

Not that I could in the first place or they’d probably slit my throat.

 

“I don’t know about you guys but when I first knew that I was Sehun’s mate,” She announced while playing with a strand of hair, “I tried staying away from him at all costs. It was a matter of pride you see, because he was younger than me. I felt really stupid and desperate and pathetic compared to all my other friends, who found older and much more mature wolves as their mates. But the more I tried resisting it, the more I felt like it pained me. It came to the point that just one glance from him would make me faint” she took a glance at me to see if I was following and I was sure that she was surprised with the way I was furrowing my eyebrows at her in ultimate concentration. She continued, “When I finally accepted him, I felt so good. Trust me, when he hugged me I felt like crying because of the intensity of it all”

 

She then shifted her gaze over to me, “In short, I’m telling you that staying away won’t help. On the contrary, you’ll just create unnecessary drama”

 

“But-“ She cut me off before I could say anything else, “I know Luhan’s a and that he’s hard to talk to, but don’t you think there’s a reason for that? Maybe it’s the same reason why you’re staying away from him. Don’t you think you should try to understand him?”

 

Okay, now I felt guilty for acting like a towards him. But it won’t help if the boy didn’t want anything to do with me. My eyelids fluttered downwards, “But I’m trying” I murmured softly with annoyance, almost inaudible to the human ear. Haerim’s ears perked up at my sentence though, “I know you are” her eyes softened slightly, “And I know you’re good, in there where it counts” she tapped at her heart lightly with her fist “So please, I think you’d make Luhan really happy”

 

 


 

DUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNNNNN!!!! 

CAN YOU FEEL THE ?! CAN YOU?! IF YOU CAN'T....

Then there's something wrong with you. ._. 

NAHHH JUST JOKINGGGG xD hehehe, anyway here's another update after such a long time! I apologise for not being active recently because I've been updating quite frequently on my main fanfic instead :S So i'm sorry sorry sorry /bows/. I hope you like this chappie and this marks the change in their relationship. FROM THEN ON....BE READY FOR MAJOR FLUFFINESS AS WE SEE THEM GET CLOSER TO EACH OTHER MUAHAHAHAHAAHAH~ 

I love you all<3 !! SO SO MUCH!