Chapter Six

As Twisted as Crossroads ('Tied To A Child' Side story)

 

 

Double update! Make sure to read Chapter 5 as well if you haven't! I updated it just a few hours ago~ <3


 

Ever since that night, Luhan had been avoiding me at all costs. Well he had been avoiding me period but now it was even more obvious. I spent the rest of my mid-term break lounging about with the wolves and calling my mom to tell her that I was at a friend’s place, like she cared. She had never really been there for me, so why should I be there for her? Tsk. Anyway moving on, I kept thinking and re-thinking Haerim’s words, spinning them inside my brain and trying to figure out why he was avoiding me so much. Did I do something to upset him? I didn’t recall doing anything bad though granted it wouldn’t be something extraordinary if I did. It was just weird; we never stayed in the same room for more than 5 minutes. As I would come in, he’d find an excuse to get out.

 

Plus, I wasn’t the only one noticing the small cold changes in his demeanor. The mates were getting restless as well, throwing him occasional glances filled with worry and concern. I thought they would’ve known since they were more accustomed to how those wolf thingies worked. Unfortunately they seemed even more clueless than I was. What annoyed me the most was the fact that the damned ahjusshi had no real gut to come up to my face and say the truth right in front of me. If he didn’t wish for my presence, then he could’ve just said so instead of trying to beat around the bush.

 

When I asked Suho about it – no I stayed clear from Kris’s path because god, who wouldn’t apart from Mihye who was totally in love with him?- he just chuckled and proceeded to ruffle my hair, “You’re cute, Seulmi-ah”

 

I ducked around his arm and threw him a glare, “Yah, did you even hear what I said?”

 The older boy leaned back on his chair and stretched out his arms behind his head, “It’s the full moon soon”

 

I cocked a brow, “And?” I prodded some more.

 

“Our hormones run wild during the season of the full moon” He said it so simply with a gentle smile that I had to blink and replay his words in my head to make sure that what he said actually contained a ual innuendo, and then my eyes widened to the size of golf balls. I probably looked like an oversized doll as my jaw dropped. “Oh” I said after a long awkward silence.

 

“Yup, so that’s probably why he’s staying away” Suho pushed back his chair and stood up, motioning towards the door, “the boys are going to the supermarket, wanna join?”

 

“How did you-?” I broke off and realized that it was useless asking because obviously they had this weird bond relationship that connected all their thoughts together. Man, it was creepy but cool I was still debating on which would outweigh the other. “-No I’ll pass”

 

“Are you sure? Luhan’s coming” Suho wriggled his eyebrows, “Maybe you could use this as a chance to talk to him”

 

“No thanks” I replied so quickly that he had to laugh, passing by me and ruffling my hair once more as we directed ourselves towards the sound of the truck revving up it’s motor while the usual cacophony of voices were head jeering, laughing and cackling over the noise. Although I had been here just recently, I felt it; the familial vibe that surrounded them, a special string united them and their souls. I felt mixed envy and jealousy rise within my throat, causing it to clog up and forming tears at the corner of my eyes that I quickly brushed away. No, Park Seulmi was not crying, she just had dust in her eyes, I told myself harshly.

 

I stood on the porch and watched Luhan appear from the backyard, opening one of the doors to climb in the passenger seat when Lay pushed him out of it with a protest. Because of the noise, I couldn’t identify his exact words, but then he made it pretty clear by slamming the truk door in the latter’s face before driving away, leading the whole group and leaving Luhan all alone.

 

With me.

 

. .

 

I knew it; I knew why Suho was smiling so maliciously. He hadn’t been suggesting that at all, he had devised his plan up with the others using their mental connection thing. In some way or another, they had excluded Luhan out of this plan just so that he was obliged to face me and so that we could clear out all the awkwardness that caused him to avoid me.

But that was, if he was willing to.

As I watched the truck roll away while leaving a trail of dust in it’s wake, I caught sight of the boy’s dejected shoulders before he turned and locked eyes with me. I felt like going back to that night, the night where I nearly lost myself in his gaze and where he punched a wall without reason. I broke eye contact since there was no way I’d want a re-diffusion of the same thing happening again.

 

Not surprisingly enough, Luhan just walked up and brushed past me like I was invisible, and my fists clenched in irritation. This boy, he was playing with fire. He may not know it, but Seulmi’s will is made of rock and fire. If he thinks that walking away would prevent me from questioning him and getting him to answer what was unknown to me, well he had another thing coming.

 

“Yah” My voice was rough and cold, like ice. I turned my head, gaze landing on his back when he stopped in his steps. “Are you going to keep avoiding me?”

 


 


 

 

“Are you going to keep avoiding me?”

 

How was Luhan supposed to reply to that? He was just so scared of losing control of his pent up emotions. Maybe to her, he acted cold and really didn’t care about her well-being, being the selfish bastard that cared about himself and no one else. His eyes betrayed what he really felt inside, because they were black and fathomless and without any real end to it. Seulmi couldn’t see pas the mask he had placed over his features, but inside he tried keeping his desires at bay.

 

Because what Luhan really wanted, needed, was to touch her. Just one touch of her finger itself would be enough to re-satiate him. Having stayed away from her dried up the balance between him and his wolf-like nature especially since the full moon was slowly approaching and right now his heart was tugging and pulling at him, wearily asking him to just hold her hand. It was enough to make him feel whole again, because right now he felt like he was slowly slipping into the same blank void after his ex-mate had rejected him.

His wolf was whining, practically begging for him to feel the essence of her skin and the scent of her soul, but Luhan’s hand clenched into fists at his sides, so hard they turned white.

 

“Can I ask you something?” He groveled out, voice muffled with pain.

 

She regarded him with an outraged look in her eyes, but then softened maybe because she felt the twisting coil of mess inside his stomach. She nodded slowly.

 

“Can I hold your hand?”

 

He smelt surprise wash over her and squeezed his eyes shut in pain. , the pain was kneading at his abdomen, making his brain go dizzy. He couldn’t breathe anymore, his windpipe wouldn’t work right and when he opened his eyes to focus them again they just blurred Seulmi’s face together.

Get your act together! He cursed inside his mind when he felt his knees go out underneath him. Seulmi’s shocked gasp felt like on the other side of the world and it wasn’t long before he drifted off into the welcoming arms of darkness.


 


 

 

Okay so clearly no one had prepared me for this.

Not even angel-like Suho, who knew the consequences of it all. I mean, what the I didn’t know anything about this wolf-mate relationship! Why the heck did he just fall out of the blue so randomly?! It really scared me to death, razor-sharp shivers shooting up and down my spine when I caught sight of his unmoving body. At least they could’ve told me what would happen if I don’t know- if the wolf was avoiding his mate? Clearly it could be a valid reason as to why Luhan fainted. They should totally create a How to: Wolves and Mates 101, it would’ve definitely be more helpful than those useless hints all of them keep dropping so that I hung onto their every word. It pissed me off more because I may or may not know whether his life was in danger.

 

 I felt like my body was moving on autopilot when I cleared my thoughts and regained my senses enough to drag the boy all the way to the living room and pull him up onto the sofa, making sure that a pillow was stuffed under his head and his feet were up as well so as not to leave him into an uncomfortable position. I wasn’t even aware myself as to why I was doing it, because obviously we hadn’t been on very good terms recently, so why was I helping him without even a second to think back upon my actions?

Haerim’s voice lingered at the back of my mind, “In short, I’m telling you that staying away won’t help”.

Maybe she was right.

Even if I didn’t want to, this was what people would call fate right?

Although I didn’t believe one second in that bullcrap.

 

It was when I was tucking him in with a blanket that I realized just how hot he was, drops of sweat rolling down his forehead like he’d just run a race. This wasn’t normal and as I felt for his hands and grasped it in mine, I felt him twitching slightly before his fingers curled over my skin, shooting electrical sizzles over my body. I blinked in shock and frowned, peeking at his face only to be disappointed that he was still out of it. Okay this was uncalled for, he was boiling, his body practically on the brink of being called an active volcano, and he was sweating at the same time.

How the was I supposed to cure that?

Okay colds, fine. Flu, I can deal with, but this? I was sure it wasn’t even listed in the handbook of the sick! Damnit I should’ve taken first aid when I had the chance. I knew the moment I slipped in my form of disapproval about taking medical courses that it was a bad idea, an evil omen that would haunt me later on.

 

With a decisive sigh, I decided to check up his symptoms on the computer and was about to pry his hands away from mine when they suddenly tugged me over to him. With a surprised cry, I toppled over his body and looked up in shock, only to catch sight of the boy still unconscious. Was he just playing with me?! I screamed to myself when I jumped upon feeling his body curl around mine like vines would twine over a bark tree, automatically twisting our legs together and bringing me closer to his chest. I stayed there, more than a little shocked at the series of events that just occurred. This was insane, by the peaceful beating of his heartbeats, he was asleep, but then how the hell- my train of thought cut off suddenly when his face pressed against the side of my neck and I squeaked loudly.

Oh no, hell this was not happening.

What in the world did I ever do to deserve this? God someone help me. I was literally boiling with him so close to me.

Oh right, I didn’t believe in God.

 

In vain, my body tried wriggling itself out of his grasp but there was no chance of escaping his emprise. He was just too strong. With a resigned sigh, I let my head fall back while my gaze lowered to find his face nestled gently against my shoulder.

 

Now that I took a closer look at his features, he did look like an angel cherub. Sleeping there peacefully rendered him from this strong and sarcastic bastard to a cute adorable boy. My gaze fluttered over the way his eyelashes cast shadows upon his skin, then traced his nose, the apple of his cheeks to finally land on his lips.

 

And man, were they plump.

A reddish pink tint, slightly parted with his even breaths, and I was certain that they were soft and tasted like cherries.

 

A grunt fell out of his mouth and he shifted himself closer to me, legs rubbing against mine unconsciously and nose nuzzling the crook of my neck. All those actions made my heart pound, a hummingbird trapped into the cage beating against my chest at the rhythm of light, sparks and fireworks igniting everywhere his body touched mine. It was so intense that a gasp fell out of my lips in surprise.

 

“But the more I tried resisting it, the more I felt like it pained me. It came to the point that just one glance from him would make me faint”

 

It made more sense now. Was the bond that strong? Everything seemed amplified, even the smallest hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end and he hadn’t even done anything.

Maybe that was why Luhan fainted, because he was resisting it, he was trying to pull away from me. It came to a point that he had no energy to battle it out against what his will wanted.

 

So maybe it also explained as to why he had instantly curled himself around me like a huge puppy.

Ha, whom was I kidding? He was a puppy.

 

Time flew by, I had no recollection for how much time I was lying there since I probably dozed in and out of consciousness, but my eyes slowly fluttered open when I felt the boy shift suddenly, lips suddenly grazing my skin.

It felt like electricity had just zapped my body. I was woken up with a jolt and snapped my head to the side only to see Luhan blinking sleepily, rubbing the drowsiness out of his eyes.

Oh . Now what the was I supposed to tell him?

He probably thinks I’m a ert for sleeping with him when he wasn’t even aware of it.

 

I watched his face scrunching up slowly in a frown upon realizing his surroundings, and my breath caught when his brown orbs snapped up to look at me.

 

Time stopped.

Our bodies froze.

His eyes flickered with silver swirling through his pupils.

I swore I could hear a pin drop.

 

He’ll probably just push me out of the couch, knowing his self-centered nature. Or he’d scoff and ask what the was I doing taking advantage of him in his sleep, when he seldom knew about all the effort I exerted to drag him to the ing couch. I could feel it coming, the annoyed tone, the narrowed eyes and the mouth curled up in a twisted sin of a mockery before he-

 

I yelped in shock when Luhan pressed his nose against my nape, inhaling and exhaling sharply so that my skin exploded with goosebumps everywhere his breath rolled over. “W-What are you doing?!”

 

Instead of a reply came his soft hum before he gently bumped his nose against my jaw. My hands unconsciously clenched into fists without me knowing, holding onto Luhan’s t-shirt and crumbling the material underneath my palms.

 

This felt so so wrong.

But so so right.

I was afraid of letting go, afraid that once I did, everything would be over. I felt like dreaming, this was surreal, though I couldn’t stand Luhan’s guts, I felt whole and complete wrapped around his heat. His warmth enticed me to him, a soft cocoon of protection swirling around me and cradling my being like porcelain in his arms.

This was a side of Luhan I had never laid eyes upon.

And it frightened me.

How many more sides does he have?

 


 

Like it? Hate it? Drop a comment down below! <3 I'm sorry i was supposed to keep it a surprise for tomorrow but....here's another update for y'all! I couldn't resist because LUHANNNNNNNN~ 

I love you all~ <3