Chapter Sixteen

As Twisted as Crossroads ('Tied To A Child' Side story)

 

 


 

Luhan woke up to the sound of heartbeats beating on to his. It was a rhythmic, steady rhythm that echoed in his ears. Usually, he was a deep sleeper, wasn’t one to wake up so easily with just mere lub-dub sounds but they were so loud they literally throbbed onto his body. He heard them first, before he felt the warmth surrounding his limbs. It seemed like tentacles of sunlight were woven around every piece of skin, every inch of his flesh that ignited his body with fireflies dancing inside his stomach. Frowning at the unsettling sensation, he tried his best to pry his eyes open and didn’t regret it one single second when they finally did.

 

Seulmi’s face was the first thing that greeted him and for a moment he was confused as to why she was here, where he was, what was he doing asleep at this time of day. His brain was fuzzy and more than a little disoriented, and it wasn’t until he looked back down to admire her face when it hit him like a bucketful of iced water thrown over his body.

Seulmi, she’s breathing, she’s alive, he chanted with relief in his head. Impulsively, his arms went to wrap around her frame before burying his face in her hair, smelling the sweet buttery-peach scent along with a tinge of mint he adored.

Thank god, he wanted to bow down to the one who saved her, who took pity on her soul and let her live.

Never had he felt so happy upon seeing an individual’s place, and he blamed it all on that bond.

 

He froze suddenly when she stirred softly, her chest heaving up and down with a long breath of air before her limbs stretched out. Watching her now like it was the most normal thing in the world rendered Luhan overjoyed with happiness. He imagined this scenery now, the exact same thing except that they had just bonded and she was now stretching, limbs aching from the passionate love they made during the night-

 

Get our head OUT of the gutter, fool! He mentally hit himself with a brick. This was not the time; the only thing he had to think about was of her well-being.

 

“Luhan?” Her shocked soprano brought him out of his daze and when his brown orbs met hers, they flashed soft silver before his face broke into a soft smile, “Hey”

 

“You’re alive! Holy shi-Okay wait. How are you feeling?” She scrambled up and shot him down with questions as they flew by his head, not really focusing on her jumbled up sentences and instead zeroing his gaze on her lips because goddamnit the only thing he was yearning for was to just grab her kiss the life out of her. He was just so happy that she was alive and well, back to the old Seulmi he adored and loved and cherished.

, just her face was enough to make him grin like no tomorrow, the bond had hit him that badly.

 

“Luhan? You’re acting weird. I should call Kyungs-“ his arms draped around her waist and pulled her to him so that her body came crashing down onto his, her eyes widening when her face came close to a millimeter from his while his eyes flashed silver in the strands of sunlight that captured the planes of his face. The closeness made her shiver unconsciously while she gulped down the saliva that dried up in . She tried avoiding his gaze at any cost but it was a really tough thing to do when the boy was staring her down like he was drinking every inch of her in.

 

“What are you doing?!” When she came to her senses, she snapped and pulled back from his hold, “I’m calling Kyungsoo-“

He jerked her back and locked his arms around her frame, nose diving down to the depths of her neck where he nuzzled the area affectionately, “Thank god you’re safe”

Seulmi blinked, taking in the reality of the situation, then scoffed, “Of course I am. What do you take me for?”

 

“I did it,” he breathed, pulling back to look at her and making sure she wasn’t missing any limb or skin. More than a little satisfied, one hand ran along her arm to interlock their fingers while the other brought her closer by the waist. Her legs parted on either side of his body and although she tried pulling away in shock, it was in vain due to Luhan’s extreme force. 

“Luhan!” She finally snapped, getting a hold of sanity and throwing him a scowl that could burn forests, “Let go of me!”

 

Without warning and because of the unnecessary desire to do so, the boy grinned and dove down to press a kiss at her neck.

The girl stilled, blinking like he’d grown five heads, “Y-Yah”

 

Luhan’s grin only widened, “Y-Yah” He repeated after her, making sure to catch her face flaming with fire as embarrassed caused her to narrow her eyes in a threatening manner, not that it mattered to him since it really did nothing to stop his advances. Actually, he thought her glares were cute and more than a little tempting.

                                                                 

“ you, !” She hit his shoulder and the boy laughed out loud, not bothering much about his throbbing limb, “You would’ve been dead if not for me!”

 

“You’re right” he replied, his face turning serious, “I would’ve been”

Seulmi just raised a brow because of his bipolar behavior.

 

“Just admit that you couldn’t live without me,” his lips tilted up in a mocking smirk and she thought that he was getting just a little ahead of himself, “That’s why you saved me”

 

“Shut your mouth before I shut it for you!” She snapped back. Grinning some more and ignoring her protests, he peppered more butterfly kisses across her collarbone.

She whimpered slightly at his touch, pulling back from his hold, “Stop, ahjusshi!”

 

“No”

 

“Luhan, I will personally kick you where the sun doesn’t shine if you don’t-“ She got interrupted by him pulling her so close that their lips were millimeters apart, his breaths rolling onto her face. Luhan’s pupils flashed with silver, capturing her attention as they burned with an intensity that could drill a whole in the middle of her face.

 

“Do this,” he breathed softly, a lazy smile dangling on his lips, “And there won’t be any little Luhans running around”

 

What happened next was not surprising in the least; he had been prepared for that. But that didn’t mean that it did not hurt one bit when her fist came punching the side of his face as she flew back out of the bed and looked at him with more than just frustration in her eyes. One would’ve thought that Seulmi was annoyed and pissed as hell, no one would have noticed, but Luhan did. He saw the blush glazing over her cheeks like icing on a cake, so visible that they reminded him of traffic stoplights.

 

“You are so ing twisted in so many different ways that I’m almost regretting my choices” Seulmi snapped with venom seeping through her tone. Although she was not joking in the least, her outraged and yet embarrassed facial expression gave way to the seriousness.

“Okay okay, I’m sorry” he raised his hands in mock surrender, amusement still dancing on his face, “I won’t crack any more erted jokes”

 

“Yeah because you and your you can keep it to yourself” Seulmi grumbled back and sat at the edge of the bed again, reaching out to grab some water when in a swift movement Luhan had her back on his lap, his face nuzzling the underside of her neck as the girl blinked and tried making sense of what the was happening.

 

“I swear the wolfsbane is still affecting you” she rolled her eyes and shrugged in response of the fireworks dancing behind her eyelids, trying her best to show that she wasn’t in the least affected by him or his touch for that matter, “Can you let go now? Cause I got to let them know-“

 

“Sometimes you really are dumb” Luhan blurted out loud and interrupted her. Seulmi’s eyebrows dipped into a threatening frown, “What did you say?”

 

“Obviously Kyungsoo felt it once I woke up.” Luhan was acting like a smartass again and he felt like smiling the moment a glare struck her gaze.


“What?” She hissed.


“I told him to leave us alone” He winked back at his mate who in turn fumed. Seulmi heaved a huge breath as she felt the blood in her veins rush to her head. If she were to explode, now would be a pretty good time since the one her fist ached to punch was right in front of her face.

 

“Do you want to die?” Her words were a mere hiss, feeling the blood coursing through her veins boil and flames across her stomach while she tried to calm herself, to no avail. The little in front of her had such a widespread, -eating grin on his face that she felt like slapping it off.

 

Luhan’s smile only widened if that was possible, and he suddenly pressed a hand against the back of her neck, before bringing her closer and covering her lips with his.

 


 


 

 

Once his lips touched mine in the most intimate manner, I felt the breath in my body escape me. There was no denying the spark that jolted down my muscles to the toes on my feet and the way I felt my head floating like I was on cloud nine. Although I tried my best to resist against this sudden desire for more of him and his seductive sin of a mouth, I felt like I was behind a soundproof glass, struggling to scream at my conscious brain to just stop kissing him because it was so wrong. My body was going at it’s own flow, at what it was feeling, and before I knew it my hands had come up to wrap around his neck to pull him closer, as if I was a parched woman in need of water.

 

At the very back of my mind, I felt Luhan’s arms come around me to press me tighter against his hard, muscled chest, a soft purr vibrating throughout his voicebox and causing me to whimper. That was so darn seductive that I wanted to hear it again, to hear him again, those beautiful melodies and sounds that would spill out of his mouth. My fingers tangled into his locks, softly tugging and pressing him closer still, like I couldn’t get enough.

 

The edge of my sanity was at its peak, and my body almost went on overdrive when his mouth slowly moved against mine in sync like we were made to be doing this, drawing back his teeth to nibble on my lower lip and gently tugging at it, ling the patch of skin like his life depended on it. A mewl escaped the back of my throat, and this probably urged him on for he only growled in response before slipping his tongue into my mouth like it was the most natural thing on earth.

 

All I wanted to ask myself was; what the ing hell were you doing with that guy?! But It didn’t work, I felt like me and my body were two separate beings all together, except that I was enjoying every bit of it as it was.

 

Luhan’s hand gently skimming under my t-shirt caused me to gasp, momentarily parting from the intense lip-lock and pulling at his strands of hair. He took this chance to dive down and taste the skin at my neck, ling softly and nibbling onto my soft spot. I didn’t know how the hell had he acquired those skills of his but it was enough to render me a mess writhing against his body. The passion was burning within my lungs, too wild to be satiated and yet craving for more, always more. Even I was scared at the sudden fierceness that had taken over my being when my back suddenly hit a soft surface.

Ah, the bed, right.

 

Wait, no.

 

Like ice-cold water being poured over my body, I instantly snapped out of that seductive daze to look up into Luhan’s silver gleaming orbs. They were filled with desire, tenderness, and something that looked like…affection? Not lust. Definitely not lust. But it was a soft, undeniable feeling that made butterflies shimmer across my stomach.

 

Not having realized how much far up his hand had crawled up my t-shirt, his fingers were now grazing the edge of my bra, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was feeling the dull throb of my body aching for him to satiate this thirst.

 

My mouth opened, not knowing what to say in those circumstances when I undeniably felt that flame for him, and yet my brain was telling me to back off.

But my heart was another matter.

 

But then again, he had saved me, he had almost died for me, how could I not trust him after that? He was someone that was worth everything when he almost lost everything because of me.

 

Seulmi

 

His voice caused another bunch of nerves to ricochet across my brain. I looked up silently and kept gazing at those beautiful silvery irises that spoke more to me than his mouth ever would.

 

“I think I made it pretty clear” He took a deep breath, momentarily closing his eyes and re-opening them again, “I…love you”

 

Surprisingly, I was expecting that, after that kiss and the way he kept gazing at me as if I was the center of his universe, plus saving my life and almost killing himself for my sake…yeah, that boy was a keeper. I know I wasn’t someone that could easily trust people, but with Luhan here; his warmth, his eyes, and his soul taking down his walls for me, I think I could get pretty accustomed to Luhan.

 

And that fire of passion I felt during that kiss wasn’t just nothing either.

 

“I-“

“You don’t have to say it back” he said gently before slowly starting to move away so that the heat he was emitting was drawn from my body as well, “Heck, you don’t even have to accept it. I just wanted you to know”

 

Maybe I wasn’t ready to be tied down so concretely to someone yet, and someone as serious as Luhan, but I felt like I could trust him with my soul, that I knew he wouldn’t just throw my heart away. Plus, did I really have a choice? My body was aching, throbbing for him, something that had never happened before, and not to mention the fact that he’d die if I ever rejected him.

But I didn’t mind the catch in the story, because I realized just how much I’d fallen as well, maybe not enough to tell him frankly that I loved him- loved was too strong a word- but liked was a very good replacement for the moment.

 

I cleared my voice then when I realized all this time he was just staring at me with a gaze that said more than it should have, caressing the planes of my face with that gentleness filling his now brown orbs, sunlight causing pinpoints of lights to dance across the maroon swirls in his pupils.

 

He looked even more handsome this way.

 

Looking away out of embarrassment and trying to keep a hold of my slipping sanity, I groveled out a soft proposition, “We could try”

 

His face lit up like puppy who’s master had finally returned home after a long day at work, and I couldn’t help but find it adorable how his eyes held this naïve light of genuine happiness. It was amazing how just three words were enough to make his world all the brighter, and I was happy to see him happy, as weird as that sounded.

 

“Thank you” he murmured, biting his lips to restrain the smile threatening to burst at the corner of his lips. I saw right through his game, and shook my head while biting my own lip, as I felt it stretch in a ridiculously happy smile that could mirror his own. Why did I feel so happy knowing that all the tension that was between us was now gone?

 

“Oh my god, you guys reek of each other” Taehee’s oval face peered from the doorway with her nose crinkled up in annoyance, and as if an electrical impulse had zapped us, we both jumped away from each other while sporting blushes on our faces. I looked down at my lap while Luhan only cleared his throat loudly. As I took a glance at his face, I noticed how ruffled his hair was, and flushed in realization that it was all my hands’ doing. I felt the power to ruffle I down and straighten it at least, but really I had no idea how I was supposed to act in those situations. I’d never loved anyone, much less dated if you didn’t count the fake love experiences every primary school student goes through, so I wasn’t aware what limits or to what extent I could do things without seeming suspicious.

 

“Finally! Yay, they’re together!” Baekhyun skipped happily in the room, followed by the rest of the pack members who piled into the bedroom like they had been standing on the other side all along. I gawked at them, as if my eyes could shoot them lasers while my face burned with mortification. I felt more than heard Luhan’s soft chortle and whipped my head around to direct my glare at him.

 

“Thank god you’re safe!” Mihye rushed over to the said boy I would’ve burned down with my stare, and took him into her arms like a mother would do to a child, “You’re such an idiot!”

 

“Ouch!” he ducked away from her sudden attack, when her palm landed right on the side of his head, “Hey, stop-“

 

“You’re the most stubborn, stupid, immature brat-“ Her nostrils flared, but before she could go any further, Kris had grabbed onto her arm before he pulled her back against his chest.
 

“Mihye, calm down. He’s alive, and that’s what counts” He shushed her softly, nose bumping against her jawline. The girl shrugged in response and out of pure reflex, and I looked away. Would I too be that whipped once our relationship would get stronger and more tangible?

I really didn’t want an answer to that, especially if I’d let Luhan be the one controlling me in that way.

 

The boys exchanged pats on the back, brothers hugging each other and basking in each other’s warmth to make sure that Luhan was indeed, out of death’s hands. My gaze found Krystal when it was Suho’s turn, and I didn’t fail to ignore the way her eyebrows lifted up to her hairline with a very suggestive look on her face. I felt like washing it away, with my fist. I clenched it hard, feeling my nails dig into crescents in my palm.

 

Her gaze was mocking and more than a little teasing, practically throwing me an ‘I told you so’ look. Haerim was no better, because unlike Krystal who only relayed her thoughts through her gaze, the older girl hooked an arm around my shoulder before pulling me close, a grin plastered on her pretty features.

 

“So, how does it feel to finally kiss him after all this time?” She wriggled her brows, and it took all my energy not to blush. Kim Seulmi did not, I repeat, did not blush. But unfortunately seemed that the heat of my skin clearly wasn’t in the mood to cooperate, for a felt the heat rise at the back of my neck, all the way to my face.

 

“Eyyy, you’re blushing! Was it that good?” At those words, Luhan’s ears cocked towards us and he turned to look in my direction. I cowered back and lowered my eyes to the ground, trying really hard to push the thought of his hands and lips all over my body to the back of my mind so that he would not be able to sniff my sensual thoughts. It was good enough that he could read my emotions, but the thoughts that were private to me and me only weren’t all that private in the first place because of him, and it was more than infuriating.

 

I didn’t need to look at the said boy to know that he probably had a cocked eyebrow raised upwards, and a smirk dancing across the borders of his mouth.

Oh Luhan. Just you wait. I was a very sore loser, and I hoped he knew enough about that to steer clear out of my way.

 

“I take that as a yes” Haerim continued bantering on like nothing was out of the ordinary. Sarang shuffled over with a grin, “See? I told you so”

 

“Shut up” I muttered, annoyed by their sudden attitude and focus on me. For what it was worth, I hated being the center of attention, and now they gave me a reason to be one, I wasn’t about to get out of here alive.

 

“Really, Seulmi” Lin’s voice floated across the room. I looked up with a hopeful expression, as this was the voice of reasoning, the voice that made sense and had authority over everyone else. The girl had on a very gentle expression drawn across her face, her lips pulled into a soft grin, “It’s okay to be embarrassed, we all are when we first mated”

 

. Well, here went my sanity, for if I was red before, I was now fire engine.

 


 

yes go ahead and PUMMEL ME WITH ROTTEN TOMATOES BECAUSE I DO, I REALLY DO DESERVE IT. 

I am so sorry, for not having updated in like a year, for having gone MIA, for not having told you guys anything, not even a warning. But really, i wouldn't go off without just any reason. As i explained in my other fics as well, i do have a lot of schoolwork to do and all, but now that the deadlines are kind of clear now, it's now high time for me to focus on my exams. In this small break between the drowning of assignments and the threatening tide of exams, I tried writing out a chappie to make up for the lost time, since I know that i've left you all hanging the last chapter. So i hoped you really liked it because it was really fluffy and LUHAN IS JUST SO ADORAVLE I CANNOT WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS I KEPT SQUIRMING- yahhh anyway, thanks for reading and for giivng this story so much love! <3 I promise to keep updating, just not quite yet. :( 

Love you all <3 Sweet dreams! I'm going to sleep right now after this. Night night everybody :) xx