Chapter One

As Twisted as Crossroads ('Tied To A Child' Side story)

 

 

 


 

This . 

Come on, god must be ing kidding with me. 

Wait a minute, I don’t even believe in god in the first place. No wonder something as stupidly weird as this is happening to me. 

 

I remembered how my parents used to scold me because I never attended Church and always forgot the prayers that they could sing off by heart. Everyone would look my way during songs and I would just pick my fingernails and shrug back, staring at them straight in the face as if asking them what exactly was their problem. I mean if someone didn’t feel like singing then so what? Could you force them to? God, it was so ing annoying. 

Not to forget all those old grandmas and grandpas that pinched your cheek till the inside of it bled like no tomorrow. But no wonder all the bad things fell onto me the moment I started high school. It was understandable, my parents got a divorce because I hadn’t been a good child, my grandfather died because I cursed too many old people and yes, that pretty much summed up my crappy life. Mom blamed it all on me. I was the black sheep of the family, obviously. 

 

But nothing could be as hell bearing as this. 

This was impossible; this didn’t even exist in the ing bible. 

I was about to get out of school and was walking along the pavement to the courtyard, ready to direct myself towards the coffee shop around the corner and buy some mocha bubble tea, but unfortunately once again I spotted the same black haired boy waiting casually beside the school doors like he had always belonged there. My hands clenched into small fists, so hard I felt the nails dig small crescents into my palms as I approached him with a poker-faced look. There was no use showing him my emotions, it would just give him some more benefit because that was exactly what he was looking for; for me to explode and lose my temper. 

This ahjusshi should just give up already, he didn’t know who exactly he was up against. 

Park Seulmi never lost. 

 

Anyway, he was attracting so much attention for appearing like a stalker. 

 

I did not look his way as I passed by the school gates, but with that annoying mouth of his, he called out a big fat “Park Seulmi!

 

Rolling my eyes, I ignored his presence and kept strolling as if taking a leisurely walk in a park. Wrong decision for he grabbed onto my arm and spun me around. I didn’t fail to notice the tingles that shot up and down my spine, like he had burned me or I had placed my hands into an electric socket. I decided that I hated that overwhelming feeling that paralyzed my brain. 

“What do you want now, ahjusshi?” I spat. 

 

He sighed “the name’s Luhan. Stop calling me that” 

 

“My mouth, my rules. I say what I want” I crossed my arms over my chest protectively and rolled my eyes once more, “If you don’t have anything to say, I’m going” 

“No, wait” He grabbed my arm once more and I threw it away, instantly regretting it slightly when a flash of hurt crossed his face. But I didn’t do anything wrong, we were practically strangers. There was no way I would let myself be pushed around so easily by this man that claims himself to be a wolf. 

His eyes darkened slightly and I swore I spotted specks of silver shining through his eyes. Weird. “I want to show you something” 

 

“I have to get to my shift soon” I replied as I tried to pry his fingers away. His grip was firm and the veins on his arms were bulging out. It was quite creepy, to be honest. I tried not gulping in order not to give it away that I was slightly scared of him. not him specifically but his actions always took me by surprise and I hated that. 

 

“I’ll pick you up after, so wait for me, arraso?” 

“Why should I? You’re n-“ the word ‘nothing’ blocked in my throat. It seemed that I was choking on my own words, like something was stopping me from hurting him verbally with my words. “What if you’re a or something?” I grudgingly changed topic. 

 

His face seemed to light up like he knew that I retracted my ugly insults and kept it for myself. “I would’ve you since long ago if it was that way” 

 

“I still don’t believe your ing wolf story”

 

“You’ll understand once I show you” 

 

I regarded him for some time, into his brown eyes that swelled up with a bright-eyed and hopeful look. No matter how much I wished to wrench myself away from him and push him away, my muscles protested against the instruction given by my brain. I wanted to slap myself in annoyance because Park Seulmi was not the wriggly and naïve girl that he thought she was. 

 

“Fine” I spat, “But I’ll chop your balls off if you try anything weird” 

 

A few months ago, I had been completely oblivious to the fact that the world was filled with beings other than human creatures. It had all changed when I had attended Sarang’s birthday party. I remembered standing next to the cake and thinking of sneaking another piece onto my plate when in a swift movement –even before I could blink- someone pushed me out of the way and grabbed me roughly. I was tossed from person to person, the masses of faces blurring into one until I reached the door. I was then pushed out of the house while a girl named Lin dragged me to her car. Looking back, my eyes had widened upon seeing Luhan growling and snapping his jaws, eyes red with lust swimming through the specks of brown and silver while a sudden howl fell from his lips. 

From that day onwards, my life had been everything but normal. 

Oh trust me, Sarang had tried convincing me to join their clique and had explained the bond and mates and blah blah blah, but I wanted to stay in denial because this was too much for me. I just wanted to be normal and have a normal life, why couldn’t they understand that? They didn’t even give me a chance to voice out my own opinion, just pushed their beliefs onto me. 

Wolf, my foot. 

 

It was just because of Sarang that I made an effort not to bash Luhan’s face right away. She’d told me about them stalking their mates if acceptance wasn’t happening, and yes that was exactly what Luhan was doing. 

I couldn’t care less about his looks. He was cute. So what? Big effin’ deal, did he want an Oscar? 

Ha, sometimes I found myself a bit too mean. 

But then I think that the world needed more mean, honest people. 

 

After I had finished my shift – I worked at a small bakery and had stuffed my apron away- I was hoping that the boy had forgotten about meeting me and maybe just maybe this time I could go back and have a long night’s sleep after finishing my homework, but unfortunately the mop of black hair was not easy to miss, especially when he was attracting so many girls in his peripheral just by standing there and acting like he didn’t care. Yeah right, give me a dollar every time he tried to deny himself as beautiful and I’d probably become millionaire. 

 

My fist ached to bruise his eye when he looked up at me and smirked, “You finished late” 


“I was trying to see if I could avoid you” I stomped over to him while narrowing my eyes. “Unfortunately not.” 


Chortling, he rolled his eyes in response “Such a kid. Let’s go” 

“Where the are you even taking me?” I grumbled mostly to myself. He must have super duper good hearing skills to pick up on my mumbling strands of words for he replied suavely “somewhere that will shut you up” 

 I should have definitely punched him when I had the chance. The smartass was thinking that I was easy to be pushed and played around with. I lingered at the back and thought about running away. Maybe he wouldn’t notice since he hadn’t even looked back to see if I was following. If I slowly stopped walking, I could turn back and dash to the nearest shop to hide from him. I contemplated on the idea, it wasn’t a bad one at that, and my feet were ready, already whirling around and crunching the pavement under me as I took a breath and –

 

“Where are you going?” his breath against my ear shocked the beejeesuz out of me. 

“What the man!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. Since when had his had curled around my wrist so tightly I could hardly feel it? I hadn’t even made a noise yet! How the hell did he know?!

“You think I’m a wolf for nothing?” he chuckled then sneered, “you have a lot to learn, sweetheart” 

 

He said it with so much malice, so much venom wrapping around his words and spitting them out to my face like he couldn’t give a damn. I wished to tear that smirk off his face so hard my nails throbbed. He was just messing with me, nothing more than that. He had the sadistic pleasure of enjoying my confusion as well as my uncontrollable temper that could burst at any moment. 

ing son of a mother goddamn . 

 

Like my thoughts had flashed before his eyes as a red-sign banner, the expression on his face quickly morphed into something I identified as panic, “Hey, I didn’t-“ 

 

“Fine” I slapped his arm off so violently I could’ve been so proud of myself at that moment if not for the fury wrapping around my core like an angry tigresse ready to be set free, “Show me the ing way. After tonight, I’m so ing done with you”

 

Fine.” Was that worry at the edge of his brown orbs? Whatever. Like I bloody care. He was nothing to me and I wished to keep it that way. Without further ado, he kept his hold onto me –surely he wasn’t putting his trust in me and I understood that so clearly since I wasn’t so trustable either- and as we walked deeper and deeper through the darkness, I identified that we were on the edge of the city, practically merging with the forest. Soon enough I’d be hearing the howls of coyotes and other animals scurrying about, the crunch of grass under my feet, and the whisper of the wind trailing through my hair. Why the heck were we even headed over there? Oh god was he planning on chopping up my body and throwing me at the wolves to that they could eat dinner? Or no, he was going to me to death before eating me alive. 

Oh ing god this was not happening. Oh my god, no. I was too young to die

So ironical, here I was on the brink of death and I was asking god of all people, to help. 

We were in the forest now. Luhan will probably grab his knife from his back pocket and slash me while me; I could see it now, blood flowing from my stomach to my feet as he pounded mercilessly into my-

 

“You have too much imagination” Luhan suddenly flicked my forehead. My hand flew to the space I was certain was red by now “OUCH!” 

 

“That hurt” I hissed while curling my fist. 

“You deserved it” he shot back. 

“ing bastard” enough was enough. I drew back my arm and was about to hit his chin when suddenly within a fraction of a second; his hand grabbed my fist, pulling me over violently to his body so that I crashed into him. 

His face was millimeters from mine; daunting, fearless without any trace of humaneness. 

 

“You won’t be able to hit me,” his breath hit my face and I couldn’t stop myself from shivering when electrical tingles shot down my spine, “Wolves are rapid. We can’t be hurt with just a mere blow” 

 

Those words burned my desire to hit him even more. He so ing deserved it, that bastard. 

He dropped my hand like it had burned him, and walked two steps back with a serious look on his face. I was too annoyed to move, let alone shocked from his strength. I still felt it throbbing where he had crunched my fist with his own fingers. 

 

“Watch.” Was the only thing that fell from his lips before something incredible happened. 

He changed. 

Into a wolf. 

Right in front of my ing face. 

 

If I had been anyone else, I would’ve fainted. 

 

 


 

How do you guys like the first chappie? 
I'm so sorry for uploading this that late, I'll try uploading it more frequently but right now I'm travelling (im in Korea hohoho~) 

Isn't Seulmi such a badass? ;) I mean god I wish to be so hardcore just like her! *.* And Luhan is such a ARGHHH ...

I'm so happy that he left SM because he seems so happy now, although I'm kind of sad that I won't be able to hear his beautiful sweet voice anymore...well let's hope :) <3 

anyway guys, Subscribe and comment! :D <3 
Hope you like it! I love all of you and thanks for subscribing and commenting! <3 

 

CHU~