Chapter Fifteen

As Twisted as Crossroads ('Tied To A Child' Side story)

Luhan

 

I pressed my mouth against the underside of her neck and it softly before piercing the skin, feeling the pulse throb against my mouth as I started on her flesh. Her screams threw my heart from side to side, lurching it from its heartstrings so that I felt the pain she was feeling at this moment. I had never been one to love pain and hearing her scream like the world was about to end tore my heart to shreds. I didn’t know if I was strong enough to see her writhing and squirm, her soft soprano begging me to stop my torture as I continued to the horrible liquid that exploded on my tongue and glazed over my taste buds.

 

Quickly, I took a huge mouthful and spat in the bowl on my side, returning back to more venom. I felt the wolfsbane, a ting of it sliding down my throat with a burning sensation across my trachea but I really could not care less at this instant. What mattered was that I had to get it out of her system so that she’d be healthy again.

 

I want the old Seulmi back, I want Seulmi who hits people on a daily basis and insults my male ego so bad I feel like slapping some sense into her. I want her insults and her mockery and everything else back. I want to be able to see her teasing mockery of a smile, her eyes that have that kind of sparkle that drew me in, the apples of her cheeks that rendered her chubby and cute to the eye.

 

Unconsciously, my hand reached and interlocked with hers, her nails digging into my skin so hard they drew scarlet crescents across the back of my knuckles. Hold on Seulmi, just hold on no matter what, I chanted at the back of my mind as I kept the venom out and spitting it. The blood came out as a dark, brownish color smelling like death.

 

It took probably hours, a day even, to get all the tainted blood out of her system. Everyone asked me if I was fine doing it, and that one would replace me whenever I deemed unfit to continue the task. However, I only shook my head and told them that I would be fine and could handle this. After all, I hadn’t been quick enough or strong enough to protect her. the least I could do was get her cured and fast, make her live.

That was my intention.

She was my mate.

I accepted her as my mate.

 

So please Seulmi, be okay again, get better and fight this.

 

Her screech bounced off the walls of the Lynx coven and I squeezed my eyes shut briefly due to the pain.

 

Her red-rimmed eyes opened so suddenly to land on mine, a pleading look on her face that said something along the lines of ‘please stop this. I’m hurting. I can’t bear it”. My hold on her hand tightened, “C’mon Seulmi. Just a little bit more”

 

“You’re doing great Seulmi” Kai encouraged, his grip death-like on her left knee joint.

 

“Just one more sip, Seulmi. One more” Kyungsoo pushed the bowl to her lips and with a hesitant breath; she took it in all in one go. I restarted the blood at her neck and I felt dizzy with all the venom flowing into my mouth scratching the back of my throat. I willed myself to keep more and more until I was completely full because there was no way I was going to throw it back up, all of it. For Seulmi, I told myself and furrowed my eyebrows before I finally got the last drop and spat it out into the bowl, practically filling the rim.

 

I fell back on my , exhausted while my vision started swimming in front of me. The room swiveled around and the shapes started losing their forms. I blinked and saw Kyungsoo propping her up againsta a nearby wall, her chest moving up and down. This calmed me down somewhat. That meant that she was alive, that she was well. I felt her aura, slow and soft but there, the spark lighting back up again.

 

A smile reached my lips before darkness clouded in on me. Before I knew it, my head hit the floor with a loud bang.


 


 

 

“Seulmi! She’s awake!”

 

“Can you hear me, Seulmi?”


“After all those days…”

 

“Aish Baekhyun, that’s my foot!”

 

“How was I supposed to know the difference between your foot and the floor for ’s sake-“

 

“Seulmi?”

 

The voices kept getting louder and more annoying as time passed. My eyebrows furrowed and I tried to go back to the deep sleep that had me all relaxed in its arms. However, it seemed like my plans to actually go back to my slumber was broken by the bright light shining into my eyes and practically hurting my orbs.

 

My hand went up to my face in order to block it out, “What the -“

 

“Seulmi!” A series of shouts broke me out of my reverie. My eyes snapped open on their accord – hey they didn’t even give me time to wake up properly- before I felt myself being engulfed by multiple pairs of arms. Strong, soft, lean, all muscle…you name it. I got dizzy for a moment and blinked at the faces before me when recognition struck me. Oh right, the wolves, the lynxes, the mates…they were here, everyone was here.

 

“Uh…hey?” my eyebrow quirked up in curiosity. Why were they being so clingy? They looked like I had been dead or something.

 

“Omg she’s back to normal!” Sarang crushed my bones with her hug, her scent pressing a bit too much on my nostrils and making a soft gag erupt from my throat.

 

“Seulmi, are you okay? Do you feel hurt anywhere? Do you feel like you’re on your period?!” Chanyeol burst out with wide eyes. I frowned at his statement and squinted my eyes at him, “What is that supposed to mean?”


“Okay guys, she’s back to normal” Chen announced with a firm grin sliding onto his face. He lifted his hands in mock surrender as I shook my head and chuckled at him. I don’t even know I managed to live with these bunch of idiots, it was impossible to have a peaceful day in this house. My eyes travelled around the room to note that something was off, something was wrong. I felt it in the air; my heart was not at peace. Something was missing from me, and that something-

 

-Was Luhan, I realized with a pang. I did not see him anywhere.

 

“Seulmi, do you remember anything?” Kyungsoo came to sit by my side. I blinked and it suddenly washed over me like seawater would pass over fresh wounds, striking them head on to cause a burning sensation down my throat.

It all came back.

 

That night, the fight, the coyote-

I shuddered suddenly at the thought and his arm was around me, comforting and soothing. It was over now; they had probably gotten rid of him. After he had attacked me, everything became hazy; I didn’t remember what had occurred after that. I caught a picture of Luhan breaking the glass at the window, throwing the creature off me and-

 

I took in a sharp breath and turned to D.O, “Where’s Luhan?”

 

The room fell silent, like someone had reached over to mute the volume. As I kept glancing at each face, nobody dared look at me in the eye and some even started shifting from one foot to the over. My growing horror stuck at the base of my stomach as I tried gulping the sudden concern clogging up my throat, the blood in my veins suddenly freezing in shock when I did realize he was not to be found in the room.

Strange, I was pretty sure that if I were to awake, he would’ve been at my side.

 

“Where is he?” A hiss left my mouth and half of the room cowered in fear. I probably resembled some kind of mental patient but I couldn’t care less. I was used to those cunning and outraged looks about my demeanor or the aura I gave off, many disliked me because of that and right now it was not even on my list of priorities.

 

D.O’s eyes were as wide as saucers before he slowly turned and looked back at Kris. The latter released a soft breath and started towards me, his brown orbs flashing with green before he dropped down before me onto the bed, grabbing onto my hands and briefly closing his eyes, before he opened them again.

 

I saw pain, I saw regret.

That made me even more scared about the words that were going to fall from his mouth.

 

“Luhan’s…not in a good health at the moment”

 

and they told me everything. About the poison, about him wanting to save my life although it had a risk of costing his own. I felt my heart drag deeper and deeper into my abdomen where it churned with something along the lines of fear and genuine, growing concern. This was not happening, this was a nightmare, it wasn’t possible. Luhan had sacrificed his life for me. Why? I wanted to kick and scream and shout and anything that would let me remove my pent up frustration at this news, why would you do such a ing stupid thing Luhan?! Realization that it was my fault dawned upon me. Because of me…

Because of me, because of my foolish actions.

Because I had been too hot that night and the wind from outside seemed so desiring. They called out to be woven through my short strands of hair and to caress my skin. I was so stupid to let that window open, to let them sense my presence and smell my scent.

 I wanted to shake my head once Kris had finished his story, staring at me with something that looked like pity. I did not need pity, I hated pity out of all the feelings in the world, and him looking at me like he was sorry for me did not make things any better, it would not even bring back Luhan.

 

The Wolfsbane had affected him badly, had surged through his throat and burned at his blood vessels before he could fight it off. Being the stubborn mule he was, he kept on fighting it even when he had already been feeling the side effects of wolfsbane.

 

Kyungsoo and Lay had extricated every single drop of Wolfsbane by the use of Herbal Tea Leaves, and yet he still had not risen from the bed.

It had been three days.

 

“He’s resting in Donghyuk’s room” Kris chided softly when I returned back to my senses, lips opening then closing because of the words that were echoing through my brain but could not make it out of my mouth.

 

“I want to see him” I blurted out. The alpha nodded before catching hold of my arm, steadying my feet while we walked slowly towards his room. As his angelic features came into view, a sob involuntarily left my mouth and my legs shook as I approached his side. Collapsing on the ground at his bedside, my shaking hand reached out to his, cupping his cold into my warm ones. Why? Why why why you ing idiot! I cursed him with all my might; you have family that needs you! Your brothers! The wolves! Why do you do this to yourself?! I don’t mean anything to anybody, I could’ve died in your place you ing bastard!

 

Maybe if I hugged him, or kissed him…what did I do the last time he felt sick?

 

I racked my brain and tried to remember exactly what I had done but nothing came to me.

 

I decided to check up his symptoms on the computer and was about to pry his hands away from mine when they suddenly tugged me over to him. With a surprised cry, I toppled over his body and looked up in shock, only to catch sight of the boy still unconscious. Was he just playing with me?! I screamed to myself when I jumped upon feeling his body curl around mine like vines would twine over a bark tree, automatically twisting our legs together and bringing me closer to his chest. I stayed there, more than a little shocked at the series of events that just occurred. This was insane, by the peaceful beating of his heartbeats, he was asleep, but then how the hell- my train of thought cut off suddenly when his face pressed against the side of my neck and I squeaked loudly.

 

Hugging? Hugging.

 

No, touch.

My touch.

Maybe my touch could help in making him feel warm again.

Last time, he had been boiling though. This time, he was as cold as ice.

But werewolves were not cold. Werewolves could never be cold.

 

Anyway, I wouldn’t know if I didn’t try right?

 

So tentatively, I shifted my weight over and gently lay down next to him, curling my body around his own and making sure that each limb, every inch of my skin was pressed to his, my warmth giving him life. I took in a deep breath as sizzles continuously ran up and down my spine at our closeness and I realized just how much this bond was stronger than mere love. This bond could not even be compared; it’s just something, those small flames that at your stomach and makes you feel whole. Right now, lying down with Luhan at my side, I felt some kind of content and impulsively reached up to prod my nose against his jawline. My hand wrapped around his middle while the other found his hand and interlocked our fingers. All through this, I was blushing like mad. I had never been so close to a human being before and the fact that I was the one doing all this skinship caused me to drown in embarrassment. If he had been awake, Ahjusshi would surely have made fun of me, I just knew it.

 

Releasing a soft sigh, it wasn’t long before my eyes slipped shut and I dozed off with his well being in my mind.


 


 

 

Junhoe let out a frustrated sigh out of his mouth and let a scowl grace his handsome features, eyebrows furrowed in part annoyance, “What do you want?”

 

“I-I know we’re mates, J-Junhoe-ssi” the bespectacled girl cowered back against herself when he shifted his hard gaze onto her frame. She looked down at the floor and made sure that her eyes were looking everywhere but at him. Never in her life had she believed that she would be mated to another type of shape shifter. It had never happened before, she was not accustomed to the Lynx culture, and in addition, her parents were to freak out if ever that happened. Being a very traditional family of Wolves, the Kwons were known for heir abiding loyalty to their land.

 

“No ” he spat back at her.

The boy on the other hand, did not like this kind of situation. Why did fate grant him such a wish when all his life he had been praying for peace and quiet? Although this girl looked meek and very very demure- a little too much in his opinion- the circumstances that would follow surely were not.

 

“Look, I didn’t ask for this either. I don’t want to be mates with just anyone and you are not on my list” He said as he ran a hand through his thick locks of raven hair, then muttered “Not that we can do anything to stop it”

 

“Do you really feel that way?” Her soft question brought his eyes up to meet hers and for a second he felt dizzy. Dizzy from what? He felt like slapping himself because clearly something was not right in his mind today.

 

“I don’t only feel that way, I know it can’t be done. We can’t be mates no matter how much we desire each other, it’s supposed to be ” Junhoe hissed through his teeth.

 

She bowed her head and for a minute he regretted the harsh way in which he delivered his words, “Alright, then” she whispered in such a softspoken voice that his heart couldn’t resist tugging in pain.

 

No, it was wrong.

All wrong wrong wrong.

 


 

Last chappie where everything is so tense with suspense, i promise! After that it's gonna be all fineee and fluffy! I PROMISE YOU THAT HEHEH XD <3 Hope you liked this one and here's another cameo appearrance of Junhoe and his ate :) <3 Love you guys thankful for all your comments although i don;t have time to reply them, I'm really sorry about that :S <3 i love you all! I hope you guys know that and that without any of you reading my stories I'd just be ...nothing xD hahahah <3 xx