Chapter Twenty -Two

As Twisted as Crossroads ('Tied To A Child' Side story)

 

 

 


 

 

 

All our jaws dropped to the floor. 

A what? 

I've heard of Werewolves (heck I lived with a whole crowd of them!), of Lynxes, Coyotes, even WereTigers that roamed the perimeters but never really set their foot in our territory as they were passive attackers, not being bothered by all the trouble. But a Kitsune? What the hell was a Kitsune? 

"You're joking." Sehun breathed as the imprinted wolf in question gazed steadily back at the room, eyes glassy and wide. There was so much emotion boiling through his brown eyes, so many mixed feelings that could almost spill over from the intensity of it all. It made me uncomfortable so I looked away and decided that the ground was a better option, where I focused on the chipped tile on the floor. A slow silence descended upon us all until Chen decided to break it, being the chatterbox that he was as he asked the question all boys had been dying to know: 

"Is she hot?" 

That resulted him a whack at the back of his head from Kris's arm, who only huffed and rolled his eyes at his pack member's immature behavior, "Really, Jongdae" he used Chen's real name whenever things got serious or whenever the said man was acting particular stupid, which let's say was practically most of the time, "Don't you have anything else in that pea-sized brain of yours?" 

"Probably just some more ," Xiumin sniggered, causing Chen's eyes to narrow in annoyance, "Don't speak too much, fatso. You're not going anywhere either with that big belly of yours." 
"Don't you dare insult my belly, you freaking skeleton," Xiumin bulged out his arms triumphantly, "Those are muscles, . Learn the difference." 

"Coming back to the point here," Suho bellowed loudly with a tinge of annoyance in his voice that couldn't be missed, throwing the pair of bickering wolves a glare that went unnoticed or ignored by both of them, "Kyungsoo's probably going to start bringing his mate in soon, so I think that the house will need some kind of renovation." 

"Yeah, we definitely need more rooms and more bathrooms," Kris added to that statement while leaning against the counter, Mihye's head falling onto his shoulder cutely. 

Kyungsoo's face still seemed a bit milky in comparison to his normal self, and worry started to course through my veins at the sight of him looking so lost and confused and just plain frustrated by the fact that he was now tied to a particular individual. He didn't seem too thrilled about the sudden change, unlike the other unmated wolves that would always cast us jealous looks and make pointless comments about the non-existing PDA (although in the other mates cases, I should agree with the excess touchy-feely thing going on). Suho managed to see through his thoughts at that moment, for he placed a gentle arm on Kyungsoo's shoulder while leaning towards the terrified man and speaking softly, as though if he raised his voice he'd anger the spirits inhabiting this house, or so to speak. 

"Kyungsoo, it's not so bad," Suho gently rubbed his shoulder, eyes soft and filled with understanding. I didn't understand how he could be so damn calm about teh whole thing, even if he was lowkey freaking out inside. He probably was, but the difference was that he didn't show it, he didn't want to make others around him panic, and thus he had to stand up tall and strong. But I wondered briefly how much more could he take. Maybe he broke down when he was alone, and maybe that was why he was the leader. Because he was strong, admirable, everything that we lacked as a group. It struck me then, as to why he'd been chosen for this particular position of an Alpha. Not because he was the oldest (granted Xiumin was), but because he had a way about him that calmed down nerves, an aura that managed to stop tears from falling, to stop the heart from beating ten million miles an hour. 

"How can it not be bad?!" Kyungsoo's choked up voice finally surfaced. When he looked up again to throw his leader a strained look of panic, all I could see was the unlimited amount of pain he'd been hiding all this time. He was scared, terrified even of what might happen to him, "There's nothing good in this, hyung! Nothing at all!" 

"Shh, Shh" The older man wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder before placing the latter's head onto his chest, crooning softly in an attempt to qualm his nerves. The newly mated wolf's body was shaking with tears that he fought so hard to keep, and we were all just there in an awkward silence, staring at the pair with nothing to say. There was nothing to be said in such a situation, and all the while I was confused, because why would Kyungsoo cry over his mate? Surely a Kitsune wasn't that bad right? So then why did they all looked like the end of the world was approaching? 

Slowly making my way to Haerim, I tiptoed and asked my question to her ear, "What's so wrong with a Kitsune?" 
Her eyes narrowed at the word and from what I saw it wasn't a positive reaction. Her body tensed when she turned to me with a flurry of emotions passing through her hard, unreadable gaze. If I hadn't been Seulmi, I might have flinched or cowered back. Goddamn Haerim could be scary when she wanted to. I mentally noted to never be in her bad books for as long as I lived.

"I'll explain it to you later." She murmured back. 

"Okay people, the show's over. Get out of here and let us sort out the problem," Kris pushed off the counter and started guiding everyone out of the room so that the Two Alphas and the newly mated wolf were the only ones present in the kitchen. As I was exiting the room I felt a hand come down upon my forearm, which was linked to Haerim when I dragged my eyes up. She motioned towards the girls' room and I followed, curiosity burning through me like a hungry beast. There was so much I seldom knew about the world that sometimes it was scary. But hey, we learn everyday right? I learnt to accept the fact that I'd have to ask questions for the rest of my life, because clearly I was treading on unfamiliar territory if I were to truly become Luhan's official mate. It wasn't in my nature to be so compliant and admit in needing help, but then again, a lot of things had changed since I first started living with the wolves. 

I must say that it might've been for the better. 

I hadn't realized that she had grabbed a particular book from Suho's suitcase on our way up the stairs, ing it into my lap as soon as my touched the edge of the bed. Throwing her a dagger-like scowl to signal that its weight made me flinch in minimal pain, I decided to focus my attention on the book cover instead, tracing each letter of the title with my index finger. 

"Legends of the Lycanthropes," I read out loud, raising a brow at her from across the room. She was leaning against the desk, her feet tapping a beat onto the hardwood floor, "Where'd you get this?" 

"When Taehee had just arrived here, Suho had just found this book from his grandfather. So he gave it to her to read and technically, she probably knows more about the werewolf culture and its links than all of us combined together," Haerim's nose scrunched up to show that she was glad she hadn't been in Taehee's place, "So here it is, the famous book that contains everything you need to know about us." 

"Are you guys related to the Kitsune?" I asked while my hands started sifting through the pages. My eyes darted from gory image to the text, quite amazed at the fact that the countless myths i've heard of in my childhood were actually true facts that somehow had dissipated, just like cultural beliefs had vanished only to be replaced with modern minimalism. 

"Well not directly no," She started picking off the black nail polish off her fingers, "We didn't even know they still existed till that day. Kitsune's are very ancient beings, they were wiped out after the Lycanthrope massacre that happened ages ago because of the people finding out who we are." 

"So then why does Kyungsoo look so afraid?" 

Haerim's eyes shifted when I tried to make eye contact, glancing everywhere but in my direction as she busied herself with the mosquito bite on her left left, trying to sratch the itch away in vain. It was a monent before she replied, but when she did, her voice shook with strained sadness, as if the emotion had crept up on her like a shadow and was pulling her apart, forcing her to feel this way. It was amazing how the strong Haerim I always knew looked like she was about to collapse at any given moment. 

"Uh...Haerim, are you okay?" I awkwardly asked, not really liking the change of atmosphere all of a sudden. I'd much prefer a dark hole to me up in the ground. That would've been a savior right now. 

"I'm fine," She looked away before taking a deep breath, stabilizing her emotions once again and giving nothing away through her brown orbs when she looked back at me. Her lips were pursed into a tense line, and somehow I had the feeling that whatever she was going to say was not going to be pretty. 

"Kitsunes are not like normal Lycanthropes. Only one offspring can be born from each Kitsune family and they most likely live alone for the rest of their lives until they die. They have a different life cycle, and even if they do mate with-- say another Lycan or even a human -- it's not guarranteed that their offspring will bear the same shapeshifting power." Haerim's bottom lip trembled slightly but I knew better than to ask again, as if I did, she might break down. So I let her talk and made as if nothing was out of the ordinary, "Most Kitsune offsprings are girls, and if those offsprings have inherited the fox gene, it's automatic to say that they'll never have a mate. But those that do..." She trailed off as her words shook with ever breath she took. It was clear from her face that it pained her to even talk about it, but the reason still escaped me. She looked like she had known what it felt like, she looked like she knew all too well about the processes of being a Kitsune. Her voice continued to float across the room with the same shaky tense soprano, almost struggling not to collapse under the sudden weight of trobules coming down upon her, "The Kitsunes that do find mates were doomed for life." 

"Doomed?" My eyebrows kissed into a frown, "What do you mean?" 

Haerim's lips were pressed so hard against each other that they almost looked white over the pallor of her skin. The pain I saw in her eyes and through her facial expressions portrayed the struggle she was facing while telling me all this, and I disliked how affected she became, how it made her vulnerable and showed her fragility like this. I wanted to ask her to stop but doing so would cut off her flow and I didn't want to interrupt her when she was in such a situation. 

She took a deep breath, trying to relax her shaky voice before continuing slowly like it was slowly killing her to say those words, "By doomed, I mean--" 

"That's enough." 

Our heads swivelled towards the source of the sound, where I caught sight of Sehun in the doorway, eyes piercing and flashing a vibrant angry orange reflecting flames of annoyance and irritation. It was so intense that I almost flinched if not for my pride and superb self control. But his eyes wwre searching for me, they went straight into Haerim and could've drilled a hole right through her skull as the tension in the room rose. At this rate, I felt the sweat break over the nape of my neck. 

Haerim opened to protest when Sehun beat her to it by repeating, "That's enough, Haerim." He pronounced her name with a growl, and a small whimper emitted from before she looked down a the ground. 

"Sehun, bring Haerim outside. I think she needs some fresh cold air," Kris's voice rang from outside in the corridor, to which I had to roll my eyes. Of course, grandpa Kris was always one to break the atmosphere when stories were about to get interesting. I couldn't blame him though, it was clear that he wanted to avoid bloodbaths for as long as he could, specially at the rate that our family was expanding.

I let the younger wolf drag his mate outside, and Haerim sent me a look of apology before she was being dragged out. I sighed in frustration, ruffling my hair as I tucked the book under my arm and joined Kris in the corridor. He was leaning against the opposite side of the wall with an eyebrow raised, the typical face pissing me off as usual.

"Hi Kreese." I dragged out his name followed by a snigger. Not looking pleased, his eyes narrowed into daggers at me, "Don't call me that."

"You know what happened to Haerim, right?" I asked bluntly. Hey, I wasn't one to go beating around the bush okay? When I needed answers I wanted them to be as clear and as precise as I'd asked them. I hated people who had to explain a million storiesbefore getting to the actual explanation. 

One could guess why I hated classes so much. 

"That's not my story to tell," Kris answered stonily with a roll of his eyes. Urgh, such a diva, I swear. I felt like slapping him. 
"Can you step down from your high horse just for a little while and tell me what the is going on," I snapped. 

He sighed dramatically, as if me asking was a pain in his too tight schedule. Like he had better to do in the first place. I was pretty sure that he'd been on his way to go sleep, as usual. "The reason why Haerim seems so affected by it is because her own mother was a Kitsune. Thankfully, she didn't inherit those genes but she's had a rough past and childhood because of that stereotype. Kitsunes are doomed in the sense that their families get destroyed if ever they try to go against the prophecy written in that book you're holding, but I'm sure that's just a legend. Although, in Haerim's case, her parent's marriage did fall out in the end," He said bitterly, running a hand through his dirty blond strands, "That's why Kyungsoo's so scared. How the hell is he supposed to continue his bloodline if, let's say, something horrible is going to happen to them in the end?" 

I was so shocked into silence that all I could reply was: "." 

" indeed." he raised a brow. 

"But-But-- What can we do?" I shocked myself when the words that came out of my mouth were sloppy and stuttering. 

"Nothing." 
"Argh come on, there must be something--" something in Kris's eyes -- probably exhaustion and the sombre truth that there was nothing we could do about it -- made me stop my bluff. My words froze on my tongue like ice cream that never melted. The honesty shone through his brown orbs and the regret was swimming through his orbs as they flashed emerald. He felt Kyungsoo's pain more than I could ever understand. 

He shook his head. It was apparent that as soon as he'd heard of the news, regret ahd filled him to the core, "We can't do anything." He sounded tired, "I'll go check up on him. See if he's okay." 

"Okay," I mumbled back. What with Junhoe's new werewolf mate and Kyungsoo's complications, everything seemed to press down onto my shoulders like I was carrying the weight of the world. I felt sick, about to throw up for no particular reason. I didn't like this feeling in the least, and I promised myself there and then that no matter what happened, I'd try to help Kyungsoo in any way I could, even if he didn't want any, because that was what friends were made for. His face had been nothing but a mask of misery back in the kitchen, and now I was pretty sure that Suho was peptalking him inside the room. 

Things got twice as difficult as they once were. 

And I couldn't help but feel the weird sensation that something big was about to happen soon. 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 


I liked Christmas. 

I loved the pureness emitted off the city when white snow would coat its roads, its houses, and literally everything and anything it could find. With snow, the atmosphere was bright and magical, wrapping everyone into a world of its own and bringing forth the merry atmosphere instilled through the roads. We were still living in the Chalet up in the mountains, and thus I was greeted with the breathtaking sight of the city from above, coated in a dusty blanket of white, with the yellow lamps shining bright like golden stars in the distance. It was beautiful, so beautiful that I never wanted it to end. Because of this, I made sure to wake up early every morning to watch the sun rise from behind the mountains, it's golden glow kissing the snow and causing the coated houses to glimmer and sparkle in it's rays. There was something so peaceful and serene with this picture, and although I knew that it was too good to last forever, I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could while it lasted. 

"Again, sweetheart?" Luhan's voice came from inside, muffled and thick with sleep. It was clear that he'd just woken up, probably sensing the change in my heartbeat and the smell of my skin as soon as I batted away the sleep from my eyes. I turned, mug of steaming hot coffee in my hand, to see him standing in the doorway with only a light sweater and a pair of gym pants, only a thin scrf wrapped around his neck. Looking at him like this, one would think that where he came from was in the middle of autumn instead. I was quite jealous of his ability to withstand such cold temperature, to be honest. 

Not that I'd ever admit that to him, of all people.

"Do you have a problem with me waking up early?" I shot back coolly beofre taking a sip of my coffee. I was careless and instead of enjoying its rich better taste, burned my tongue. Crying out in sudden pain, a hand had already grabbed the mug from my hold before Luhan's face appeared in my peripheral, his movements so accurate and rapid that it took me a moment to process that he had indeed materialized in front of me without my notice. 

"You okay?" He asked in genuine concern. I felt the heat travel from my chest up to my neck, what with his face being so close to mine and all, it wasn't helping the situation in the least. Plus, my burnt tongue was now aching, and I was too proud to admit that I did get hurt. But his eyes were dripping with tenderness, with worry glistening through his silver orbs. As if he really cared about my well-being, as if there was nothing more important in the world than my health and safety. 

I had never seen someone look at me the way he did, and the thought of it scared me to the core. 

It shook me up and turned my stomach upside down, because I wasn't sure whether I was worth all the attention, whether I was worth all the effort he was doing for me. 
Because deep down, I myself was aware of my own flaws and imperfections. And if I could see them with my own eyes, so could he, right? 

Before I knew it, my hand had pushed at his shoulder as I tried to extricate my body from his warmth, though I could not deny that it was something I craved specially in that kind of weather. But Luhan's other hand was suddenly at my waist, pulling me flush against him so that my soft curves melted right into his lean frame. He wasn't muscular like Xiumin, but he wasn't as skinny as Sehun. He was a right mix between the two, and somehow I found my muscles relaxing on their onw accord while a soft sigh of enjoyment escaped my lips before I could restrain myself. 

I was sure that Luhan noticed, but because of my embarassment, decided not to mention anything probably for fear that i'd say something mean bacj and kick him in the shin. Maybe he wanted to bask in the moment as long as it could last. Maybe he too, wanted this silence to last forever, for this peace to envelope us into its bubble and take us far away where troubles didn't exist and wars were nothing but foreign to our ears. 

"Christmas is a day away," Luhan murmured, breath colliding against the skin at my ear. Out of instinct, I flinched back, but that did not mean I didn't feel the warmth of his voice wrap me into a cocoon that sounded like a lullaby. I blamed it all on our imprint, which was the reason as to why I felt more strongly about our bond as more and more days passed. We were becoming closer, and I wasn't sure whether I liked it to be so open and vulerable to his eyes. 

I was still scared, still unsure. And I seldom knew if he could understand what I was feeling. 

I hummed in agreement, not wanting to break the peaceful silence. We watched the first sun rays fall over the city and bring forth the glittering halo of white, the view looking magical and directly out of a fantasy novel. 

I sighed in contentment, "It's so ing beautiful." 

Luhan threw me a glare at the use of the f-word, but this was my mouth. I had the right to say whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. "What?" I asked although I sensed his annoyance by the flash of silver in his orbs. 

"You know, swearing won't get you anywhere." he taunted with a smirk, "it only makes you look cheap." 

"Do I look like I give a ?" I said it on purpose this time, watching as he winced and frowned, face darkening with irritation that somehow made my day all the more amusing. I had to admit that making him lose balance off his two feet and watching him topple from his central axis was one of the greatest pleasures of my life. It was mean, I knew that, but I couldn't help it. Luhan was such a controlled and calm being, someone that was responsible and knew the golden rules off by heart taht he could recite them in his sleep if he wanted to. But seeing new expressions such as excitement, or panic, or plain annoyance was a sight that was not a given every single day, and all these slips of his self control made him all the more human than he actually appeared to be. Sometimes, he was too perfect that i felt like shaking him up just to gauge his reaction, just to see whether he really was an actual human. 

And sometimes, just to see if he really cared. 

"How should I know?" He shot back just as sassily, "Your face always has that resting expression like you're done with life or something." 

I shot him down with my narrowed eyes, a scowl imprinted on my face, "let me tell you something, you damned puppy. The most honest people are the ones that swear most of the time. So don't you dare tell me to watch my mouth." 

"Yeah, and sometimes you should really know how to behave yourself."
"LIke I'd take any orders from you, Lu-ing-Han." 
He sighed and rolled his eyes, as if he were dealing with a child. That only made my blood boil inside my veins. I hated when he was being like this, like my words were nothing but useless ramble of a mere child, "Really Seulmi, sometimes you have to realize that there are places where you should control your mouth" 

"I know that." 

"Doesn't seem like you do." 

If my eyes could kill, I'd have him already stabbed a hundred times before being burned into flames, " off." Not wanting to show that I was actually really hurt by his lack of understanding of my character, I made a move to wriggle out of his grip on my waist, trying not to look at him in the eye as I pushed him away with my other hand on his chest. But his arm was an iron cage that would not let me go no matter how hard I battled, and I squirmed in his arms, not enjoying the suffocation and frustration of being able to walk away from a fight scene. 

Humiliation in the form of tears started to prick the corner of my eyes, and my voice was filled with frustration when I choked up a "Let me go" 

"Really, sweetheart?" He sounded exasperated, annoyed by my lack of maturity, perhaps. But that didn't mean that I enjoyed it more. It almost felt like I was being degraded, like my fists were outbursts that shouldn't be taken into account. 

My fists clenched unconsciously while I stared back at him, angry tears an all, "I don't like it." I announced. 

His face was a question, so I hurriedly continued as a frown fell over my face, "I don't like the way you disrespect me like that. Me swearing is part of my character, and I can't change that." 

The surprise on his face was aparrent, like he'd just discovered another part of America. Then, his nose scrunched up in that adorble way of his whenever he was confused about something, "I wasn't disrespecting you, Seulmi. Not in the least." 

"But--" 

"I was just joking around," realization seemed to dawn a few seconds after my words sunk in enough into him that it managed to click in his brain. He looked down at me, serious faced and all, with his now brown orbs gentle and filled with an understanding that wasn't present seconds before. I hadn't realized that he had been pulling me into him again until our bodies touched. A soft gasp died at the back of my throat when I settled my eyes on his chest, too embarassed by my words and his response to actually look up to him. I had never been subject to such aspects, and the fact that it was all coming out now in the form of frustrations and anger was somethign I just couldn't control. I was so afraid of being loved, so afraid that I'd push that particular person away until there was nothing left to love anymore, that I tried my best to be harsh and to make it as difficult as possible for him. I didn't want him to hurt all the more when things would break down because I know that they would when Luhan realized the grave mistake he made into loving me. There was nothing to love when all I did was bring him down with my harsh uninentional words and the mood swings that flickered like ends of a switch. 

A soft growl rumbled through Luhan's chest. I blinked in surprise when I looked up at his face. He didn't look too pleased and I couldn't help but ask a "What?" 

"Stop bringing yourself down like that." His eyes were an opaque silver now, a storm of grey waves glinting off an ocean as they swirled in an angry mess. It was intimidating, the way he looked at me like that, as if he saw nothing but my soul, as if my physique was as transparent as a piece of glass. It made me feel vulnerable but not in a bad way. I flinched nevertheless, not really enjoying the sensation of being watched, "You're very much insecure about yourself, aren't you?" 

I shot him a glare and scoffed, "I don't know what you're talking about." I was trying to keep my pride intact. He easily managed to see through the facades I put around myself and that was frustrating. 

"You think I can't see through you?" It was his turn to scoff as he pulled me tighter against him, cup of coffee forgotten in his hand. I gulped at the sudden closeness, "Seulmi, I can read your mind." 

The realisation of it all slapped me in the face. If I had been someone else with little self control, my jaw could've dropped to the floor. , I hadn't thought of it that way. Of course he could see through me, he could literally hear whatever my mind said, or thought, or was stressing over. That went to a whole new level, and it left me and self-conscious about myself. 

For the life of me I avoided his gaze at all costs, preferring to bore a hole through his black jacket instead. 

A chuckle rumbled through his chest, and that caused me to look up in surprise. He was shaking his head at me as he said, "Gosh, Seulmi. That's what I'm here for. If no one can tolerate you and if nobody wants to listen to what you have to say, I'm here. That's my role, because I'm your Wolf. Not anyone else's," The hand occupied by the coffee cup suddenly placed it by the windowsill before his fingers had grasped my chin, gently but firmly, until my eyes clashed into his own. 

"I told you before, didn't I?" He sighed, "No pretenses around me. I don't care if you're being a , I don't care if you're annoyed, frustrated, tired, or you want to cry. I accept it. I accept you. How many times should I repeat myself over and over again until you finally trust me? Give me some credit." 

"Well, insulting my way of talking is--" 
"I was joking," he interrupted before I had the time to finish my sentence, pulling me closer still so that our faces were milimeters apart. I wasn't sure whether the heat was coming from his body or if it was oozing off my face. I wouldn't be surrpised if I was fire engine red, to be honest. Releasing my chin, his hand gently cupped my cheek while he ran his fingers through my locks, "Since when have you become so suceptible of everyone?" 

"I'm not suceptible," I huffed, "I thought that like all others, you'd tell me to change myself." 

He held my gaze for a long moment, eyes boring so intensely into mine that I felt the blush rise within my cheeks, "You know what's the difference between you and Vivian?" 

His question caught me off guard. I didn't know that he would've mentioned her name so easily like that. Regaining my composure, I mumbled something along the lines of "I don't know." 

His thumb was tracing circular patterns over my cheeks, and it didn't help things that the sun was basking our figures in its warmth because it made the heat double. I felt sweat starting to form underneath my arms and at the back of my neck. Oh god, I hope I don't stink. 

"You are so ing bold and honest," A smirk slid onto Luhan's face, "It's attractive." 

If I'd been blushing before, then I was tomato red and burning like fire, "S-Shut up!" 

A laugh rumbled through his chest when he pulled me closer at my reaction, burying his face in my hair and taking a deep breath that I did not miss in the least. Gosh, he was smelling me like a dog would smell its master, and the irony of it made me roll my eyes as I groaned, "Stop sniffing me" 

"But you smell good." 
"That's not a valid reason." 
"It's good enough for me." 
"What did you get me for christmas?" 
He repeated my question with mockery in his alto, "What did you get me for christmas?" He was teasing me and testing me again like a predator playing around with its prey. 
I huffed, trying not to let myself get distracted by the sight of flesh right where hist jacket ended. I had a good look at the space between his neck and collarbone and it wasn't helping matters that his scent was wafting through my nostrils and causing my mouth to water as though I was at a buffet. I tried to distract myself by replying, "I didn't get you anything." 

"I didn't either." He replied lightly. 

"Okay" I rolled my eyes. 
"Okay." He repeated. 

"Alright then," I said stubbornly. Chuckling softly, he continued his game, "Alright then." 

"Lovebirds! If you would please get a start on the day?" Lay's head popped up from the window and that caused us two to jump apart in a heartbeat, faces flushed and embarassment flowing through our bodies. I don't know about Luhan, but I felt like dying right there and then in hopes that a black hole would come and gulp me up in its hold. 

Luhan groaned, "What is it now?" There was an edge dripping from his voice, as though he was annoyed at being disturbed in such a private moment. I couldn't blame him, but it was cute at the same time, with his flushed cheeks and angry scowl. He ressembled a kid that had been deprived of his ice lolly. 

"Since Kyungsoo's not in any state to cook, we decided to order food from different places downtown," Lay's fingers flickered and for a moment, all I saw was a blur before Luhan's hand snatched the note from the air and scanned its content. He looked up after a moment with a nod, "Alright. We'll be on our way then." 

"Nu-uh, I'm coming with you," Lay literally bounded from the inside to the porch. If Kyungsoo had been in his rightful state, he might have thrown a pan at him considering that doors still existed in our world and it didn't give Lay any reason to feel as though he was spiderman or something. The latter sent me a pointed look before saying, "You have to stay here." 

"Why?" I frowned. Not that I minded cause it was so cold. He jabbed a thumb back at the house, "Krystal needs you. Girl problems, she said." 


 



And here it is! Another chapter! :D How do you guys feel about this one? I know I know, the Kitsune myth hits you right in the heart doesn't it? How will Kyungsoo react to this now? And we found out a little bit more about Haerim and her past. What do you think of Luhan and Seulmi's interactions? It seems to be that with every chapter they're slowly getting closer and more intimate with each other :P I like thattttt ~ Hehehe. 
Anyway, thanks so much for reading and thank y'all for the wonderful comments! I will reply to the ASAP :) xx I love you all, you're my motivation to keep me writing! 

-nutmeggu.