Chapter Two

As Twisted as Crossroads ('Tied To A Child' Side story)

 

 

 


 

 

Okay. This is nothing. 

This is a piece of cake, right? Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. 

Just that Luhan turned into a wolf. 

Yeah, a wolf. Nothing unusual. 

 

IT. Everyt

 

hing was wrong about this image! 

I blinked at the now silver grey wolf in front of me and managed not to gasp or sound too impressed, because of he thinks that this is all it took to win me over then he had to think again because Park Seulmi’s pride and ego were the size of the milky way. 

 

I had to admit though, now that he was in a wolf form, he was much cuter. I wished he could stay that way. 

He seemed much more approachable. 

A growl lifted me out of my reverie and I looked up once again trying not to let my jaw fall off. Man, he was beautiful, his fur was shiny and gleamed in the strands of moonlight dancing across its body. With the dim light of the forest, it seemed all the more magical and mysterious. Somehow, he appeared less ferocious than usual. When I looked into his eyes, I saw Luhan in there, his silver brown orbs swimming with the same teasing light that was always present in his own. 

 

“So this is what you wanted to show me?” I wanted to act like a smartass but my words came out much softer than I intended them to be. Before I could control myself, I blurted out, “Can I pet you?!” 

 

He seemed shocked at my request. I was shocked myself, man. I should stop blurting out things so randomly and out of the blue. I mean, Luhan seemed so irresistible. I couldn’t keep my hands off cute things, cute things were my weakness. I had a really bad habit to just fawn over them and try to squish them to bits because by god they were just too much. 


“Nevermind. You didn’t hear anything-Oh!” I jumped when he pushed his snout into the palm of my hand, his breath hitting my skin and causing a chuckle to rise upon my throat. I was supposed to be angry and annoyed at this particular individual, see how much the cuteness was melting down my walls? Urgh. 

Reaching out softly under his neck –I knew the dog’s soft spots- my hand didn’t hesitate to scratch him softly and the wolf purred (Can wolves even purr? I thought it was just for cats) while pressing close to my hand and myself. The warmth emitting from his body to mine kept me safe from the cold and soon I felt brave enough to reach out with two hands, rubbing behind his ears and watching as the wolf opened his eyes and watched me lazily, like he was enjoying a massage. This was not Luhan, this was just a cute little canine that was just too adorable for it’s own good.

 

And then, he was gone. 

As suddenly as he had transformed. Instead of scratching the wolf’s ears, I found myself cradling Luhan behind his own ears, his body not even an inch away from mine while I stared into his orbs in surprise and jumped back from the shock. 


I gulped to clear out the awkwardness, “Whatever.” 

“I want to show you something else” Had his voice dropped even lower? It was huskier than usual, and if it had been anyone else surely she’d have swooned by now. But I just raised a brow in response and replied wittily “Why don’t you be my freaking tour guide then?” 

 

“Don’t test me” Luhan snapped back, growling. 

I rolled my eyes, “Oh I’m scared” 

“You should be” 

“No freaking duh, face” brushing past him, I turned and raised a brow “So are we getting this over with, or not?” 

 

The smirk that I now recognized as his signature played across his lips, eyes hooded with mystery and mischief, “Fiesty. I like” 

 

Okay, scratch everything I said about that damn wolf. 

Luhan was just a ing jerk. 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Luhan pushed through the undergrowth and led the way till a house not far off from the city, deep enough and covered by the forest so that no one from outside could identify it. It was only when he led me up the front porch that I realized this was the house where Sarang had had her birthday. So he was bringing me over to their lair, in the dragon’s nest. Well, there wasn’t any beating around the bush with him. He didn’t hesitate and went straight to the point. 

That was probably one of the last things I was going to consider as a good factor about this man, I admitted grudgingly to myself as he opened the main door and ushered me inside. 

 

“What the am I doing here again?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at the man who was moving too fast for my eyes to catch on to him. I was about to follow him if not for the lights suddenly illuminating the room and casting a soft but eerie glow around the setting. My memory reminded me slightly of the orientation of the house but there was no way I was staying here in this horrible lair. Who knows what might be roaming around in the dark? There was one weakness very few individuals knew about and that was my fear of the darkness plus all the ghost stories that followed along, and I wasn’t about to spill it out either I mean, I was tough and badass Seulmi, that was the image I had carved for myself in this society and in my circle of friends. If one knew about this, they’d probably mock me to my grave. 

 

I turned away and started walking for the door when a voice boomed from above. 

“She’s here!” 

 

Sarang? I turned in surprise. Indeed, the said girl was standing at the top of the staircase with her boyfriend’s arm around her waist like it had always belonged there, and I stopped myself from wrinkling my nose. Urgh, if there was one thing I detested more than fake es, it’s probably the amount of skin ship going on between couples. Like, excuse me but could you keep your hands to yourselves? Thank you very much. 

 

I should probably get out of here instead of battling with my thoughts. 

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked. 

“I…” hesitating slightly, Sarang looked up at her man like asking for permission, and when a nod was received, continued, “I live here now, with Jongin” 

 

I snorted and did not hide my displeasure, “Why?” 

“Because…Because I’m his mate now, and we’re bonded” 

 

“Bull.” I just wanted to get out of here, why the heck were they forcing me to understand their weird situation when I just wanted to be normal?! 

“And you must be Park Seulmi.” Another voice – one like honey, soothing and sweet- drifted to my ears from my right. I turned and didn’t hesitate to throw a glare at the sweet-looking boy that seemed like he couldn’t harm a fly. They kept appearing out of nowhere, it kind of crept me out especially when Luhan was nowhere to be seen. Only when I needed him that he decided that it was better to take off on his own. 

Damn him. 

 

“Relax, Luhan’s on the third floor. He’s coming” Flashing me a dimpled smile, he took a hesitating step towards me and kept coming closer when he noticed that I wasn’t backing away anytime soon. Park Seulmi did not back away from the enemy, even if I felt like he was a very dangerous one and a wolf at that. 

 

“Oh sure, I bet you can even hear his heartbeat!” Sarcasm dripped from my tone like melting ice cream, and yet the sweet boy just grinned in reply and even had the guts to chuckle lightly like I had cracked the funniest joke ever. 

 

“I actually can” another flash of his dimple and I’ll throw something at him, “An Alpha is connected to all of the members of the pack. I’m Suho by the way”

 

Good to know. Did it look like I ing care? 

 

“It’s kind of useless to tell her that” Luhan’s voice rang behind me, and when I turned I resisted myself from yelping out loud because goddamn he was in my personal space, literally. I stepped away “She’s stubborn, she probably doesn’t even care” 

 

“Luhan” Suho cajoled gently like a mother’s caress of words upon her child who was throwing a tantrum, “Don’t be so hard on her” 

 

The latter threw him a glare, “It’s not that easy” 

 

“I know, I know” Lying a comforting arm on his shoulder, the alpha patted him with sympathy and curiosity filled my thoughts. What were they talking about? Why did Luhan suddenly look like he was reminding himself of a painful memory? Okay to be honest, I was pretty curious about why Luhan seemed so ed up and screwed the wrong way, so maybe it was a good idea to have followed him home after all. 

 

Seulmi, since when did you care about Luhan? I had to get a hold of myself. It wasn’t good when I got too attached because he might just up and leave when he was done with me. For all I knew it could be a role-playing game they were playing with each other. However, Sarang and Jongin’s bond didn’t seem to be fake, they seemed so happy and so in love. 

 

But I couldn’t dream of having something like that. 

I wasn’t interested; I kidded myself that I wasn’t interested. 

Because I can’t. I’m too scared. 

 

Inside though, I was just a chicken. 

 

“Seulmi,” Suho’s gaze was tender and firm at the same time, I shivered under it, “ Luhan told me about how he showed you his wolf form. Now that you saw it, you can’t say what we’re saying is false. Try and come to accept it. We’re just normal beings, we never asked to become like this, but unfortunately it just happened. Mates have it hard especially in the beginning stage because of all the rush, but then I can tell you, it’s just a wonderful feeling, it’s something you can’t explain. Do you understand?” 

 

For once, I was at loss. What was I to say? 

Here Suho was being so kind and inviting, so tender upon delivering his message. When Luhan talked to me, he was impatient and didn’t try to understand my confusion, but Suho was just so sweet and considerate. 

I can’t say no to an angel.

 

“You can stay here for the night. I know it must be very confusing and overwhelming but all mates pass through this phase, don’t worry. They can talk to you in the morning, how about it hm?” I just nodded in response, looking down at the ground and feeling like the most wretched brat in the world for existing, “Alright then, Kyungsoo will bring a spare mattress inside Luhan’s room. I’m sorry for the lack of space, but I promise on my behalf of alpha that he won’t touch you without your consent-“ 

 

“I wouldn’t even dream of it” Luhan muttered loud enough to reach my ears. I just punched his arm in annoyance, my temple throbbing. 


“-So you should be safe here. After all, we have twelve healthy male wolves-“

“TWELVE WOLVES?” I screeched a bit too loudly, but Luhan covered my lips before I continued and I glared at him while trying to wriggle out of his grip. 

 

“Yes, we’re a pack” Suho smiled softly, “Anyway, Luhan don’t mess around with her, arraso?” 

 

“Yeah yeah” Luhan waved his alpha off and dragged me to my room as I kept pulling away. It wasn’t that he was bothering me but his touch seemed to ignite a spark behind my eyelids, something that didn’t seem quite right and churned my stomach to pieces. I hated it, I felt nervous and chilly at the same time, like I was going to sit for an exam I knew I was yolo-ing from the very beginning. 

 

His room was neat, unlike what I had envisioned from my experience of boys. It was simple, with cool grey and white walls freshening up the space while wooden furniture filled the room. All in all, nothing special about it; twin-sized bed, desk and working space, and oh was that a bookcase? Now that was interesting. 

 

“Here” He tossed me a set of clothes, not even bothering me to alert me before I received it slap on the face. Throwing him the meanest glare I could muster, I sighed and took a look at them while Luhan closed the bathroom door harshly. They seemed a bit too big for me, but they smelt nice, I couldn’t help but notice. Like fresh flowers of baby’s breath mixed with the taste of something sharp, like mint oozing off in a forest patch. 

 

As I changed, I wondered how the heck did I manage to end up in this situation. I had told myself over and over again not to fall into his trap because I didn’t want any more drama in my life. Yet, here I was trying to understand and fit myself into his life that was unknown to me. For god’s sake, he was everything but normal. But then…my thoughts clicked back to the memory of Suho comforting Luhan, and pity welled up at the base of my stomach. People had reasons for being the way they were now, and Luhan, though he was a wolf, was no different. 

It was up to me whether I felt like discovering his secret or not. 

 


 

2nd chappie is up people! :3 

What do you think of Luhan's character? Is he too bitter towards Seulmi you think? Or are you sympathetic towards him? What about Seulmi? What do you think of her? Leave your thoughts and comments down below, i would love to know what you guys think of my characters :) <3 

thanks for all who commented and subscribed! Love you all! :D <3 and Welcome to new Subbies! ~ 

Check out my other stories as well! 

Subscribe, comment and upvote for those who didn't ~ :) 

CHU~ <3