Got It Covered

Thieves Before the Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 7 – Got It Covered~

            Sungjong felt as though he was being crushed under some large weight that was slowly but surely draining all the breath out of him. He must be dreaming, maybe even having a nightmare at this point. Sungjong fights with his consciousness as he moves around but there's no relief in the pressure he feels pressing down onto his back, it seems he can't even move correctly much less try to breathe.

            A sudden sharp jab to Sungjong's side has his consciousness ripping him out of dreamland and back into reality as his eyes snap open from the pain. His sight is met with a feathery white pillow and the hotel bed's headboard, he suddenly realizes that he's laying on his back. There's a weight on top of him too. A heavy weight.

            'What the hell-' Sungjong wiggles around in an attempt to get the weight off of him but it's no good, he doesn't even know what it is that's keeping him in place but a certain someone pops into his mind and he frowns. 'I swear if Myungsoo pulled a prank I will-'

            Sungjong does his best to turn his head so he can see over his shoulder, what he expected was possibly either the luggage equipment or maybe his backpack on top of him but what he got instead was the one person he was sharing the bed with laying right on top of him.

            For moment Sungjong has to blink and do a double take before he realizes that yes this was really happening to him. 'What the hell!? Why is he- uggggghhhh' Sungjong groans into his pillow, 'I swear this only happens to me, how can someone be that restless in their sleep!?'

            Sungjong lifts his head back up and glances over his shoulder at Myungsoo again, the older looked like he was sleeping just fine in his awkward position of lying right across Sungjong's back. 'Well it seems one of us can sleep just fine, he's probably not a morning person either…' Sungjong grins as he thinks sarcastically, 'Oh this is going to go so well.'

            Sungjong takes in a breath (well the tried to anyways it was still a bit difficult with most of Myungsoo's weight on him) and turns his head, "Yah! Myungsoo! Get up and get off of me! Myungsoo! Myungsoo! Hey! Arrogant prick! Yo! Get up! Hey! Wake-up time! Come on! Myungsoo!"

            Myungsoo doesn't even stir, hell the older didn't even so much as twitched.

            Great, Myungsoo is not only a restless sleeper but a heavy one too.

            Sungjong wants to smack the older awake but he can't even reach the older properly, plus he's sure Myungsoo might not even wake up if he smacked him. 'Of all the people I get stuck with, of all the people I get hired to work with, of all the people I interact with, he has to be one of them,' thought Sungjong frustratingly before laying face down in his pillow again.

            'Should have pushed Myungsoo off the bed when I had the chance,' Sungjong pouts but then his thoughts sounded far more tempting than he initially though, 'If I roll Myungsoo off he has to wake up when he hits the ground… I'm doing it.'

            Sungjong readies to tip Myungsoo off of him and on to the floor with one quick turn, it takes almost all of the younger's effort but Sungjong still manages to use enough of the momentum to his advantage and it works because Myungsoo begins to slip to the floor. But nothing of course goes smoothly because as Myungsoo begins to slip he takes the sheets and unfortunately Sungjong with him.

            Sungjong let's out a gasp of shock and a small yelp as he feels himself get pulled down along with Myungsoo. The two tumble to the ground in a heap and from the impact Myungsoo awakens with a loud grunt and a heavy body landing on top of him.

            Groggy and clearly disorientated about what in the world is going on, Myungsoo groaned in pain while Sungjong mirrored the same sound.

            "Ugh you are so indescribable," muttered Sungjong as he attempts to untangle himself from the sheets and get off of Myungsoo.

            "How the hell did we end up on the floor?" questions Myungsoo as he begins to take in his surroundings blurrily.

            "It was all your fault," grumbles Sungjong in reply as he manages to free his arms from the sheets and place them on either side of Myungsoo so he could lift himself up a bit.

            Myungsoo sits up with a glare and Sungjong's hands slip at the sudden movement since he was still on top of Myungsoo making him fall forward.

            It really wasn't that big of a deal really, it was only a slip, an accident or well it wouldn't have been one much of anything if that sudden slip didn't cause Sungjong to crash his lips on Myungsoo's cheek.

            Myungsoo froze at the contact, his eyes widening in complete and utter shock.

            Sungjong reacted first though as he scrambled back as quickly as possible, tripping on the sheets in his haste. 'Crap, crap, crap what the hell just happened!?' Sungjong sat across from Myungsoo with a dumbstruck expression that slowly morphed into a mixed expression of blush red embarrassment and horrified.

            Sungjong's heart beats erratically as the two gaped at each other not sure what to really say at this point.

            The silence dragged on and Sungjong couldn't take it anymore.

            "I- That- It- Don't take it the wrong way!" stuttered out the younger as he points at Myungsoo accusingly, "This is all your fault! Why did you even have to get up!? Now my lips are tainted!"

             Myungsoo shakes off the shock quickly when he hears Sungjong's shouts, his cheek feels slightly seared where Sungjong touched it, "My fault!? You were the one that tainted my cheek!"

            "That's not as bad as my lips!" argued Sungjong as his blush darkens considerably, "You know what!? I don't want to talk about this anymore! I need to go untaint my lips with hot water or something!"

            "That doesn't even make sense!" protests Myungsoo as Sungjong ignores him and rushes for the bathroom. Myungsoo glares when the bathroom door is slammed closed but that doesn't mean his own face is any cooler with Sungjong out of the room. He brings a hand to his cheek expecting to feel Sungjong's lip imprint there since he still feels the spot clearly but he blushes in embarrassment again before bring a pillow to his face and rubs it against his cheek as if it would help him calm down in anyway. Unsurprisingly it doesn't but Myungsoo still tries to convince himself otherwise. 'Stupid fluff ball!'

            As for Sungjong who was hiding in the bathroom, the younger grabs a towel and soaks it in warm water to wash his face off (making extra sure that he wipes at his lips) while hoping that the horrid red splotches all over his face will disappear soon. Sungjong manages to clam himself for a few minutes before his mind takes him back to the embarrassing kiss on the cheek and he blushes all over again. In frustration over the situation Sungjong changes to splashing cold water on his face instead and then scrubs the towel over his lips repeatedly, 'Ugghhhhh why did this had to happen!? So embarrassing! And my reaction didn't help either! Stupid, stupid, stupid. But I can't hide in here forever… Or can I?'

            As if to answer Sungjong's question, there's a knock on the bathroom door. 'Damn it!'

            "Will you hurry up!? There's other people that need to use the bathroom too!" complains Myungsoo.

            Sungjong rolls his eyes, "I'm still cleaning my face!"

            "Uggghhh, you-" Myungsoo gets interrupted when his phone starts ringing loudly from the table, "Who is calling me at this time?"

            "Why don't you just do check?" replies back Sungjong through the door.

            Myungsoo gets his phone and sees Sunggyu's name on the screen, he picks up the phone, "Yeah?"

            "Well good morning to you too sunshine, is Sungjong still alive or did you two have a showdown brawl and you ended up as the victor? I tried calling him but he didn't pick up," replied Sunggyu.

            Myungsoo's eye twitches just slightly at the comment but he moves on, "He's hogging the bathroom, anyways what do you want? I swear I'll get the car back to the shop just fine without any more added scratches."

            "That's not what I'm calling about, well sort of there's been a change of plans we're going to meet with the tycoons as a group so we can get blue prints of the museum."

            "What? But what about getting changed and cleaned up? Sungjong and I didn't bring anything other than his homework and the equipment."

            "We'll bring you a change of clothes we still have the key to your place remember? Plus Sungjong probably has something in his work locker so it's fine see you in a few," with that Sunggyu hung up the phone finishing the conversation.

            Myungsoo frowned and tossed his phone back on the table, "Why does this assignment keep getting more and more annoying?"

            Choosing such perfect timing Sungjong decides to yell out from the bathroom, "Who was it?!"

            'Oh right he was added to the team this time around,' thought Myungsoo with a sigh, "Sunggyu! We're n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter