Stolen at Dawn

Thieves Before the Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 16 – Stolen at Dawn~

            "There have been no updates so far with the Seoul Museum case which has had it's Jewel of Destiny robbed, other than the capture of a man named Eungook who was also originally after the jewel but was caught at the incident with a replica jewel instead. It seems that the thieves known as Infinite are as notorious as ever, who knows what they'll be after next. This has been your local Seoul news broadcast-"

            Sungjong turned the television off and stood up from the sofa before yelling towards the room, "Are you ready yet? I'm going to be late to work, I thought you said you wanted to come with me!"

            "I'm coming! Calm down!" yelled back Myungsoo.

            "What are you even looking for?!"

            "My jacket! Did you put it somewhere!?"

            "No! You put your own clothes away!"

            "Then where is- Never mind found it," grumbled Myungsoo as he came out of the room.

            Sungjong just shot Myungsoo a look and shook his head as he headed out the door first, only waiting at the end of the hallway so Myungsoo could lock up their place. Myungsoo quickly caught up to Sungjong and intertwined their fingers together as they walked.

            It's already been a week since their Jewel of Destiny assignment and things have returned to normal. Well, normal for Infinite anyways.

            The news is still in uproar of Infinite's latest heist with the Jewel of Destiny but they couldn't find any evidence that could lead them to the group of thieves anyways. Eungook was sentenced to jail time of course and who knows when he's getting out but that's not their concern anyways. W. Im received his jewel back and even sent them a last message of thanks while saying that if they ever need anything he could help them with he's more than willing to lend a hand now that he has the jewel locked up tight.

            After everything with the assignment was pretty much settled, there was still the matter of Sungjong moving back to his apartment which was pretty easy since he didn't really have much to move anyways but despite moving all his things back to his place it just seemed to make thing more difficult since Sungjong spent most of his time at Myungsoo's house anyways. In the end after a few days of trying to go back and forth between the two places, Myungsoo just offered Sungjong to move in with him to save each other the long trip which worked out well for both of them. And all that's left is the rest of the Infinite members who went back to their usual daily routines as normal.

            Sungjong walked into the ramen shop with Myungsoo in tow, the shop wasn’t open to customers yet but Sunggyu and Woohyun still needed him to help with setting up.

            "I'm here! Myungsoo followed me here too!" called out Sungjong.

            Woohyun came out from the kitchen and greeted them, "Hey, Sunggyu's in the back checking inventory we might have to send you to get supplies again later."

            Sungjong nodded as Myungsoo went to take a seat, "Okay, I'll head out as soon as he gives me a list. I'll go change into my work clothes right now."

            "Okay," Woohyun turned towards Myungsoo, "Why are you here? I doubt you're actually going to help out at the shop."

            Myungsoo looked offended at the question, "Well you're right about that, I'm here to spend time with Sungjong before I head off to work. I don't have to go in until later in the afternoon today."

            "Awww how cute. I never thought I'd see you of all people playing the role of the adorable boyfriend," teased Woohyun as he ducked just out of reach for Myungsoo's punch to miss.

            "Oh just shut up!" snapped a flustered Myungsoo as Sunggyu and Sungjong came out of the back rooms.

            "Woohyun stop messing with Myungsoo and help with the food prep," said Sunggyu as he handed Sungjong a list and some money, "And Sungjong go buy these groceries."

            "Okay," replied Woohyun and Sungjong simultaneously.

            Sungjong walked towards Myungsoo and grabbed the latter's arm, "Let's get going Myung-"

            The front door of the shop opening stopped Sungjong mid-sentence, "Ah, sorry the shop isn't quite opened yet-"

            "Sungjong!" squealed an older woman that had just walked through the door, she quickly enveloped Sungjong in a tight hug while she made happy squealing noises, "It's been so long since I've seen you!"

            Myungsoo's eye twitched slightly at the sight as he saw Sungjong actually clinging closer to the woman rather than pull away, but then again there was something oddly familiar about this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter