Rendezvous

Thieves Before the Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 13 – Rendezvous~

            Sungjong was the first to awaken, the first thing in his sight just so happened to be Myungsoo's sleeping face. Sungjong's reaction was pretty normal considering most circumstances as he let out some sort of screechy yell which quickly woke up Myungsoo.

            Although groggy and half asleep, Myungsoo spared no time to glare at Sungjong, "What the hell are you yelling this early in the morning for?!"

            "You- Bed- What!?" Sungjong sputtered a bit before everything hit him like a ton of bricks and he gasped.

            Myungsoo rolled his eyes as he saw the realization spread across Sungjong's expression. Clearly still too tired to deal with anything he simply said, "Remember now?"

            Sungjong nodded quickly as a blush worked it's way to his face again, he almost thought that was a dream his tired brain had conjured up but now that he's awake he sees for himself it really wasn’t. "So w-what are w-we? Yesterday-"

            Myungsoo shoots Sungjong another look of exasperation, he wants to go back to sleep but the younger keeps preventing that from happening. Myungsoo reaches up and pushes Sungjong's forehead back until the younger is laying back down, he grunts a quick, "If it wasn't obvious enough we're together, now shut up and sleep."

            Myungsoo is then once again out like a light and Sungjong is left awake as his heart stutters at the change in their relationship status. Myungsoo seems so upfront about it but it might be because the older wasn't a morning person. Sungjong doesn’t get to dwell on it for long though as both of their phones go off simultaneously. Sungjong hears Myungsoo groan and sees the latter bury his face in his pillow while bringing the blanket up to cover his head, leaving Sungjong to be the one to get up to check their phones on the side table.

            The caller ID on his phone says it's Woohyun calling him while Myungsoo's phone has Sunggyu's caller ID. He decides to just pick up his own phone since it would be odd if he was the one to pick up Myungsoo's.

            "Hello?"

            "Oh, you're up! I thought you were going to be asleep still but then again it is three in the afternoon," says Woohyun.

            "What?" Sungjong is shocked by the time and takes a look at the alarm clock on the table to see Woohyun was telling the truth.

            "Anyways I just called to say meet up at the ramen shop as soon as you can, the others are already here except for you and Myungsoo but Myungsoo sleeps like a rock anyways."

            "Okay, I'll make my way over there and wake Myungsoo too," replies Sungjong not realizing he just let out some interesting information.

            "Wake Myungsoo? Doesn’t he live in the opposite direction of your place?" questioned Woohyun suspiciously.

            Sungjong almost dropped his phone at his slip up, "Uhhh um- I'll see you at the shop!" With that said Sungjong quickly hung up and hoped Woohyun wouldn't call back.

            "Nice going fluff ball," grumbled Myungsoo from beneath the sheets.

            Sungjong wanted to throw Myungsoo's no longer buzzing phone at his head, "Get up already! We got to go! It's not like you did anything except lay there!"

            Myungsoo pulled the blanket off (he's pretty much awake now) and turned to Sungjong with a scowl, "It's your fault for letting it slip out in the first place!"

            "Are we really going to argue over this now?! It's already too late to take it back anyways!" growled back Sungjong. Maybe being together wasn't really going to change much in their current relationship together after all they're still arguing as per usual.

            "They're going to give us hell when they find out."

            "I know."

            Then again they're also agreeing more on things too.

 

            It's already really late in the afternoon when the entire team meets up at the ramen shop, everyone looks almost half asleep as they sip from their coffee cups. The news had exploded over Infinite's warning card with the Jewel of Destiny causing people to be more aware of the approaching event but the members of Infinite (except Sungjong) were already used to this type of reaction so it wasn't much of a worry for them at the time being.

            After having explained all the events that happened the previous night with Sungjong's close call kidnapping and spending the night at Myungsoo's place (while leaving out a few specific details), the team is left with making a decision as to what to do next except for Woohyun and Sungyeol who kept shooting the two disbelieving looks which were promptly ignored by Myungsoo and Sungjong.

            "Why don't we have Sungjong just room with one of us for the time being while we keep an eye on him? It'll only be for a week anyways it shouldn't be that much of a problem," suggests Sunggyu.

            Woohyun suddenly jolts up in his seat and sends a discreet (scary) grin towards Myungsoo and Sungjong, "Why don't we keep Sungjong here with us? What safer place than Infinite's head quarters right? We have plenty of space for him too."

            Myungsoo narrows his eyes at Woohyun's suggestion as he quickly catches on to what the other was trying to do.

            Sunggyu, completely oblivious to the growing tension oozing out from Myungsoo, agrees, "That sounds like a decent idea and Sungjong's place isn't too far from here either."

            "No."

            Everyone turns their attention to Myungsoo.

            Sungjong even turns his head in surprise, he thought they were going to keep the news of them being together as a secret until they find a good time to break it to the team.

            'Crap,' Myungsoo wants to slap himself, he meant to say that in his head not out loud, now he has six other pairs of eyes focused on him waiting for an explanation.

            Sungyeol stands up suddenly with a loud screech from his chair being pushed back, he points a finger at Myungsoo, "Something happened between you two didn't it!? Why else would you object to Sungjong having to stay with Woohyun and Sunggyu? You usually wouldn't even care!"

            Myungsoo's eye twitches at Sungyeol's loud exclamation. "Shut up! You're crazy!"

            "Ah! You didn't deny it!" exclaimed Woohyun as he jumps up and adds fuel to the fire, "I knew there was something odd going on! Tell us or Sungjong stays with us!"

            "Nothing happened and why the hell are you using that as a threat?!"

            "Now you're just plain out lying! And how else do you expect us to get anything out of you!?"

            Myungsoo grits his teeth and turns to Sungjong, "Will you help me out?!"

            Sungjong puts his hands up in surrender, "This mess is all yours, you opened your mouth this time."

            Dongwoo gasped along with Woohyun and Sungyeol, "You're asking Sungjong for help now instead of starting another argument!?"

            "Don't get involved too!" complained Myungsoo as Dongwoo joined in.

            "Too late for that now," smirked Hoya, "So what secrets are you keeping from the team?"

            "Nothing!"

            "Lies!" argued back Sungyeol, Woohyun, Dongwoo, and Hoya.

            The argument only continued to escalate as all their voices got louder. Sungjong simply sat there and watched in amusement, he's fairly sure Myungsoo can probably handle this on his own (and this is also slight revenge for when they woke up earlier). Sunggyu however was growing irritated with the increasing noise levels so he decides it's time to stop his team before the entire neighborhood hears them.

            "All of you need to shut the hell up!" shouted Sunggyu easily silencing the other five. They looked at their leader with disgruntled looks while Sunggyu stared back sternly.

             Sunggyu cleared his throat, "Anyways as a team we shouldn't be arguing like this and yelling at the top of our lungs at each other…"

            The other members looked away in order to avoid Sunggyu's reprimanding glare.

            "And as a team, we shouldn't keep secrets…" Sunggyu turned to Myungsoo, his reprimanding expression changing quickly to curiosity, "…So spill it Myungsoo."

            Myungsoo made a face that was a cross of disbelief, annoyance, and exasperation, "Some secrets are meant to be kept."

            Sunggyu shrugged, "Okay, then you shouldn’t care if Sungjong rooms here for the week.

            Myungsoo glares and unconsciously pulls Sungjong closer to him by the end of his sleeve, "Sungjong isn't staying with you and Woohyun."

            Sungjong keeps quiet because he's finding this all too amusing.

            "And why not?" questions Woohyun with another wide grin.

            "Because," answers Myungsoo curtly.

            "That's not a real answer we need more words than that," teases Sungyeol, they all know they have Myungsoo cornered.

            Myungsoo grits his teeth again as he curses at his team members in his mind.

            "Just tell them Myungsoo," nudges Sungjong, he finds this all amusing but he also remembers he still needs to get his things from his apartment so that he could do his homework and get a change of clothes.

            Myungsoo frowns as the members all start giving him knowing smirks, irritated by the sight he turns away from them, "You tell them."

            Sungjong shrugs nonchalantly, "Okay, if you think that's a good idea."

            "Wha-"

            "Myungsoo says he's claiming what's his so he wants me to stay with him," states Sungjong bluntly.

            Silence, there's not a single sound being made, not even the wind outside was blowing.

            "WHY'D YOU SAY IT LIKE THAT!?" exclaimed Myungsoo once he got over the shock.

            "Cause that's what you told me last night," replied Sungjong, he's really having too much fun with this.

            "WHAT!?" screeched the rest of the members.

            Sungyeol looked back and forth between Myungsoo and Sungjong, "So-so you two-"

            Myungsoo slammed his hand on the table, knowing where Sungyeol was going with that sentence he yelled out a quick answer, "NO!"

            That's when the questions really exploded as everyone began firing off different inquiries.

            "So you're together now?!"

            "No way! Myungsoo actually acknowledges he has feelings for someone!?"

            "You agreed Sungjong?!"

            "I thought this would have taken years!"

            "I knew it! If you ever need any special materials you can always come to us for it we-"

            With that last sentence Myungsoo stood up, completely red in the face with embarrassment and made his way to the exit.

            "Where are you going!?" questioned Sungyeol as he pointed to Sungjong, "Your boyfriend is still here!"

            "Away from you crazy people and Sungjong can stay here, I'll go get his things from his place," replied Myungsoo.

            "Aww how cute he's past the denial stage," cooed Woohyun.

            Before everyone could add on to the remark, Sunggyu spoke up again, "Let's all go help, that way if those people show up again they wouldn't dare to do anything with all of us around."

            The team easily agrees and as they make their way to Sungjong's place with the rest of the group, Myungsoo and Sungjong lag a little behind well it's mostly Myungsoo that lags because he wants to avoid the teasing and Sungjong didn't feel like leaving the other alone.

            Suddenly Sungjong speaks up, "Let’s make the most of these seven days together."

            Myungsoo hums in agreement despite all the teasing he's actually looking forward to how theses next few days will work out.

 

Day 1

            "Myungsoo… What exactly are you doing?" Sungjong peers at the older just as Myungsoo snaps the case closed on the new keypad he just installed on the wall.

            "It's a security system for precautionary measures. I'm sure those guys saw our faces so they might even try to kidnap you while you're staying here so if anyone enters here without first inputting the pass code on the keypad outside and inside or breaks in from any other opening then I'll be alerted on my phone," Myungsoo takes his phone out and opens an app to show Sungjong that the security system was activated, along with the keypad's pass code.

            "Mmm okay good idea," Sungjong nods as he takes note of the pass code and slips his shoes on.

            Myungsoo raises an eyebrow, "Where are you going?"

            "School, I have classes today," answers Sungjong as he reaches for the door knob, "I'll make sure to stay in crowded areas so no one can kidnap me easily. I'll see you later!"

            "Sungjong!"

            The younger turns his head towards Myungsoo just in time for the older to sneak in a quick kiss. Sungjong stands there still as a statue while his face blushes bright red.

            Myungsoo leans back just a little bit and smirks, "Have a good day and come home as soon as you're done. I have work today too so I might be a bit late but call me if you need me."

            Sungjong's brain malfunctioned slightly as it tried to comprehend Myungsoo's sentence but eventually he pulled himself together enough to stutter out a quick, "O-okay! Y-you- good day too! Bye!" before bolting out the door as fast as his legs could take him. He swears getting used to the new affectionate Myungsoo will take forever.

            Myungsoo chuckles as he locks the door after Sungjong leaves, 'Teasing him like this is more fun than arguing all the time. Time to get ready for work.'

            The day passed much slower than Sungjong would like as he sits in his classes listening to his professors lecture on and on, he's tired after the long day of notes and class work. He luckily didn't encounter any of the tycoons' men that were after him so getting back to Myungsoo's place should be easy especially since it was usually crowded around this time anyways.

            Sungjong gets to Myungsoo's front door with ease as he had predicted and unlocks the door with the key Myungsoo gave him beforehand. He walks inside and drops his stuff on the table before settling on the sofa, he wants to take a shower and find food to eat but laziness seems to win out as he lays on the sofa instead. Myungsoo wasn't home so he basically had the apartment to himself for the time being but it feels a bit empty since this place was definitely bigger than his single apartment. Sungjong wonders when exactly Myungsoo will be home and contemplates calling him but there's a nagging feeling at the back of his mind he can't seem to get rid of, 'I feel like I forgot to do something…'

             Just as Sungjong sits back up he hears the front door opening again and slamming close, 'Is that Myungsoo?' and as if to confirm his thoughts Myungsoo rushes in sight.

            Sungjong stands up with intention to walk towards Myungsoo but the older approaches him first and grabs his shoulders before frantically questioning him. "Did someone break in? What time did you get home? Are you hurt? Did some weirdos follow you here? The alarm went off on my phone!"

            Confusion immediately turns to realization as Sungjong remembers what he was supposed to do. "O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter