Thievery in the Night

Thieves Before the Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 11 – Thievery in the Night~

            With all of Infinite aware of the threat that was looming over their heads now, everyone was clearly on edge. It was only barely past midnight but the silence surrounding them all seemed far too ominous.

            Even Myungsoo and Sungjong weren't arguing this night, actually it almost seemed like they were avoiding one another for the past few days causing the rest of the Infinite members to raise their eyebrow in question of the odd behavior but they didn't have much time to dwell on it anyways since they're going to need to get going to the museum to place their card.

            "Is everyone ready?" questioned Sunggyu as he peered at each of his friends' faces, they all looked a bit grim.

            Woohyun stood up and patted Sunggyu's back, "Let's do this. We have it planned out, no matter what happens stick to the plan and get the hell out of the museum as quickly as possible."

            Sunggyu nodded in agreement, "Unless otherwise directed, finish the assignment we showed up for understood?"

            The others responded with a quick, "Yes" before they also got up to get to the car.

            The drive was relatively quick, the only noise in the car was Sungyeol's constant typing on his laptop as he tried to hack into the museum's security and cameras so the group could get started the moment they were parked.

            "Okay everything seems clear. Avoid all the guards, most of them seem to be patrolling around the entrances. You're going to need to enter through the back door to get into the museum," notes Sungyeol as the others' put their communicators in their ear.

            "Alright, Myungsoo and Sungjong you two go first followed by Hoya and Dongwoo, then Woohyun and I will bring up the back. Sungjong you're going to have to unlock the back door for us so don't forget any of your tools. Who has the card?" asked Sunggyu as he looked around for their infinite card.

            "I got it," Dongwoo holds up the card and passes it to Sungjong, "You're going to have to take a look at the jewel's case so you'll be familiar with the locks that has been placed on it especially when we come back a week later to steal it."

            Sungjong nods and tucks the card into his pocket safely, "Okay."

            "Good now let's all head out," directed Sunggyu as Myungsoo and Sungjong jumped out first and made their way to the back entrance of the museum.

            When they approached the door Myungsoo and the others kept look out as Sungjong picked the lock to let them all in before any guard could catch them as they waited for the signal from Sungyeol through their communicators since the other could see where the guards were through the security camera feed.

            "Go now, the guards are on the other side of the area. Remember the blue prints, the stairs are on your right," reminds Sungyeol as the team make their way quietly through the door.

            "Hoya, Dongwoo, you two stay on this floor and keep the guards away from the door so we won't have to waste time by unlocking it again when we need to leave. There should be a hiding place underneath the staircase," directed Sunggyu.

            "Sunggyu and I will head up to the second floor first," Woohyun looks back to Myungsoo and Sungjong, "You two stay close but your main objective it to get to the third floor no matter what and place the card."

            Hoya and Dongwoo nodded in understanding and went to their positions while the other four made their way up the stairs to the second floor. Sungyeol's voice crackled into the communicators again, "Hey watch out there's about four guards on this floor. Stick to the walls and corners and you should be fine they're walking back and forth between the exhibits so just go to the next section once they have their backs turned from their positions. You're on a time limit so make it quickly."

            Sunggyu held up two fingers to the others and pointed towards the stairway that led to the third floor. 'We go two at a time.'

            Since Sungjong was the one that had the card and needed to see the case to get a good look at the lock, Myungsoo and him were the first to head towards the stairway while Sunggyu and Woohyun followed after once the coast was clear for them as well. Getting to the third floor wasn't that difficult of a problem since they were experienced in this and Sungjong also had Myungsoo guiding him but the real matter at hand that needed to be addressed was keeping the guards on the third floor away from the jewel case long enough for Sungjong to place the card and possibly take a picture of the lock on the case.

            Sunggyu and Woohyun exchange looks and nod at Myungsoo and Sungjong before they do their part, they'll be the ones to distract and lure the guards away while the other two get to work. Myungsoo and Sungjong waited for their opening chance by the entrance way, it wasn't until they heard a few foot steps sounding out from the other side of the display hall did Myungsoo grab Sungjong's hand. Sungjong would have jumped in surprise if it wasn't for the sudden hissing noise that also went off in the same direction as the footsteps, he didn't get much of a chance to think about the noise anyways since Myungsoo began tugging his arm to lead him towards the direction of the jewel.

            "Let's go this is our only chance, that knock out gas Sunggyu and Woohyun used on the guards will last for about thirty minutes," ordered Myungsoo.

            "R-right," Sungjong stumbled as he tried to keep up with Myungsoo.

            As they made their way to the Jewel of Destiny, Sungjong pulled the card out of his pocket and handed it to Myungsoo. "Here, place the card while I take a look at the lock. If there's enough time I want to be able to try to unlock it with the tools I have now to see if it'll work."

            Myungsoo nodded and took the card from Sungjong to wedge it into the small opening between the glass case and the marble pedestal. Meanwhile Sungjong crouched down to the floor to take a closer look at the locks underneath the top marble that held the displayed jewel, he cursed under his breath but Myungsoo heard it nonetheless.

            "What's wrong?"

            "There's three locks that are keeping the glass case locked to the marble, it'll slow us down during the real assignment when we come back to retrieve the jewel," mutters Sungjong as he takes a picture of the lock with a camera Sungyeol had given to him beforehand.

            "Are you still able to unlock it at least?"

            Sungjong hummed in answer, "Mmm it should be fine we'll just need a bit more time."

            Just as Myungsoo was going to reply, Sunggyu and Woohyun turn the corner.

            "Hey, let's get going. You finished what you needed to do right?" questioned Woohyun.

            "We need to get as far away as possible before those guards wake up and alert everyone else that we've been here," added on Sunggyu.

            "Yeah let's head out," agreed Myungsoo before automatically reaching for Sungjong, their escape out of the museum is definitely going to have to be quicker than their breaking in so Myungsoo wants to make sure the youngest won't disappear from his sight even if it meant throwing his pride out the window. He realized his feelings for the younger and since that day the two have been ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter