Trials

Thieves Before the Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 3 – Trials~

            "Alright everyone, listen up," called out Sunggyu. The entire team was in the back of the van which was parked out front of the museum they were supposed to do their heist. "I already placed the Infinite warning card a week ago so the cops know we're going to be taking the old ring artifact today, it belongs to a family in the more rural area but had been stolen and made it's way through the black market to the museum. You've seen the blueprints of the museum layout and you all know your jobs, Sungyeol will buy you guys about an hour of time after he disables the security."

            Woohyun turns his attention to Myungsoo and Sungjong, "You two, don't mess this up with your arguing, I am not bailing either of you out of jail. This assignment is also about working together so you better work on your teamwork."

            "I wouldn't need to work on anything if I didn't get assigned a partner!" hissed Myungsoo as he glared at Woohyun unhappily.

            Sungjong gave Myungsoo an annoyed look but didn't bother to say anything, Sungjong figures he's argued enough with that thick headed fool.

            Woohyun only rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah, it up L there's nothing that's going to change it."

            Myungsoo opened his mouth to retaliate but was quickly cut off when Sungyeol announced, "Security disabled, you have one hour starting right now get going!"

            Dongwoo grinned as he opened the door to the back of the van, "Let's get this show going then."

            "Come on, we don't have all day," added Hoya as he followed after.

            Myungsoo gave an annoyed grunt and climbed out of the back of the van along with Sungjong on his tail.

            "Let's get this done and over with," grumbled Myungsoo who didn't even spare a glance at Sungjong.

            Sungjong clicked his tongue in dislike, grumbling under his breath as Myungsoo and him made their way to the side of the museum while avoiding the guards on patrol, "That's my line."

            Hoya and Dongwoo were the first to get there as they began prying the window open for all four of them to slip in. Once inside the museum the four made a straight dash to the exhibit hall where the ring was supposed to be on display although they weren't able to get as close to the hall as they would have liked because they suddenly picked up on footsteps that were heading their way.

            "We got company," noted Hoya as the group stopped in their steps.

            Dongwoo grinned, after all this will be where his skills come in handy, "It's okay we can distract and knock them out, Sungjong and L will have to head for the exhibit room after we get rid of the guards, if you happen to hear any more guards approach you're going to need to hide for the time being until we come back."

            "Where are we going to-" Sungjong didn't get the chance to finish his sentence before a hand is gripping his wrist.

            Without hesitation Myungsoo nods to Hoya and Dongwoo before pulling Sungjong back further down the hall and around a corner in the opposite direction of where Hoya and Dongwoo headed. Myungsoo clamps a hand down on Sungjong's mouth to prevent the younger from making any noise and peers around the corner to check when the coast was clear. With Myungsoo and Sungjong now out of sight, Hoya and Dongwoo began their part by luring the guards down the other hallway, freeing up a direct path to the exhibit hall.

            "What are you doing?" hissed Sungjong as soon as he gets Myungsoo's hand off his mouth.

            Myungsoo shoots the younger a glare as he pulls Sungjong along to their destination, "Just shut up and move, we don't have time."

            "Aren't we supposed to be hiding they barely got the guard away what if another shows up!?" retorts Sungjong as he pulls his hand back from Myungsoo's grip.

            "Hoya and Dongwoo will handle it, if the guards get too close we'll hide then," Myungsoo reaches into his back pocket to fish out some sort of pocket knife? Well that's what Sungjong assumes it is anyways.

            "What the hell are you doing with a pocket knife?" questions Sungjong with a raised eyebrow. If Myungsoo was just going to be a moron and break the glass then what was even the point in him coming along.

            "This is Sungyeol's lock pick, I'm going to use it to prove that we don't need you around, fluff ball. I said this more than enough times I work solo on assignments," replied Myungsoo as he approached the display case with the ring inside of it.

            Sungjong knew it, Myungsoo is stupid.

            The younger glared, "Watch you break that or something and it gets you no where."

            Sungjong already knew from his previous experience that the locks on the displays were difficult to deal with and if the person who was trying to unlock it didn't know what they were doing then there really was no way they would be able to open the display case, unless of course you just break it but that would be utterly pointless.

            "Please, I've used this plenty of times," scoffed Myungsoo as he flicked the gadget open to reveal a set of varying lock picks.

            "Go right ahead then," replied Sungjong as he made a gesture for Myungsoo to own up to his words.

            Myungsoo didn't respond but he crouched down to where the lock of the case was protruding out and stuck one of the little lock picks into it, he fiddled the object about for a few moments before he frowned and pulled it out.

            "You gonna admit you're wrong now?" asked Sungjong with a triumphant smirk.

            Myungsoo grunted, "I'm going to unlock this, I just happened to pick the wrong tool to use."

            "Yeah, sure whatever stops your tears at night," replied Sungjong under his breath as he continued watching Myungsoo struggle.

            About ten minutes and seven different tools later, Sungjong has reached the same conclusion, Myungsoo is an arrogant prick that knows nothing about asking for help.

            "Damn it!" cursed Myungsoo under his breath as he pulled the tool out of the lock so fast that it actually snapped, "This piece of-"

            The earpiece communicator in their ears suddenly buzzed to life and Woohyun's voice filtered through, "Hey! You two, get a move on already, we don’t have all night and there's only thirty minutes left before the security alarms turns back on! L, stop being stubborn and let Sungjong unlock it! This is supposed to be about teamwork!"

            Myungsoo grumbled back into the earpiece, "I can do this just give me a minute, we don't need this fluff ball around I'm telling you going solo is better for me! Besides I can just break the lock!"

            "What would even be the point in that!? Sungjong, will you just unlock it?" yelled back Woohyun through the earpiece.

            "I would but this jerk here won't let me!" replied Sungjong through his own earpiece.

            Woohyun let out a frustrated noise, "Just do it by force if you have to Sungjong, show L what you're capable of!"

            "Forget it! I'll just break the lock like we used to do, I don't see the problem in that whatsoever," gritted out Myungsoo as he shoved the tool back into his pocket and gripped the base of the lock with his fist.

            "Sungjong! I'll give you a raise in the ramen shop!" yelled out Woohyun, there was a distinct scream of "What!?" in the back ground (most likely Sunggyu) that was ignored as the words hit Sungjong.

            Myungsoo was just about to flick his wrist and crack the lock to open the display but Sungjong suddenly shoved him out of the way.

            "Move," Sungjong had enough, they were wasting time and there was only so much patience that Sungjong possessed, plus with a raise on the line he was not going to risk it (after all he needed a new laptop anyways so that extra raise would come in handy). With Myungsoo pushed aside, Sungjong whipped out his own personal lock pick pin and quickly moved to unlock the display.

            Myungsoo stared at Sungjong in disbelief, before his mind finally wrapped itself around what had just happened, 'Did I really just get shoved!? By the annoying fluff ball!?'

            Myungsoo was about to pull Sungjong away from the lock but the click indicating the opening of the display case stopped him as he watched with surprise as Sungjong lifted the glass case with careful hands. He really didn't expect that to happen, Myungsoo thought it would have taken Sungjong much more time than just a few seconds to pick the lock with that small pin but the younger managed to do it.

            "Hey! You going to grab the ring or what!? We don't have time for your day dreams, I thought you were the top member!" snapped Sungjong when he realized Myungsoo was standing there with a dumbstruck expression.

            Quickly coming back to reality, Myungsoo snatched the ring out from it's display and placed it into a small pouch that Sunggyu gave him before taking out the Infinite card to place where the ring once was situated. Sungjong gently closed the display case and was about to relock it when the sound of footsteps echoed in the hallway.

            Before Sungjong could release any type of reaction, Myungsoo was already grabbing the younger and pulling him behind the nearest column. Myungsoo's hand was tightly clamped over Sungjong's mouth as Myungsoo held the younger tightly against him. They were now pressed chest to chest as Myungsoo held Sungjong in place while he listened intently to the footsteps. Sungjong glared at Myungsoo as he tried to wiggle his way out of the older's grasp quietly but Myungsoo was having none of that as he just held on to Sungjong tighter, shooting the younger a warning look to stay still.

            Clearly the defiant type, Sungjong wanted to escape from Myungsoo's grasp but he couldn't. Given the way that Myungsoo looked, Sungjong would never have guessed that he would have such a strong hold but Sungjong could feel the muscles in Myungsoo's arms as the older held him and there really was no way that he could move away.

            Myungsoo caught the look Sungjong was giving him and rolled his eyes before leaning in closer. Sungjong's eyes widened in surprise since he had no idea what Myungsoo was doing and he tried to move back but Myungsoo's arm held him tight. Myungsoo leaned his head to Sungjong's left side, whispering as low as possible, "Stop moving."

            A shiver ran down Sungjong's spine at the command. Must Myungsoo use that husky tone with him!? It was bothersome enough that Sungjong was pressed up against the arrogant prick but Myungsoo's low voice whispering r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter