Casino Games

Thieves Before the Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 4 – Casino Games~

            "Sungjong you have the tracker right? Make sure you don't lose it, you're going to have to find some way to slip it on W. Im without him noticing," reminds Sunggyu as the six of them walk towards the casino. The team were all dressed up with different colored masks on their faces to match the masquerade theme for the night, Sungyeol was back in the car setting up his things to hack into the security feed while the other six had communicators in their ears to be able to communicate with their hacker or each other.

            Sungjong nodded at their leader and felt the little gadget hidden in his coat jacket, "I got it, I still think this is a horrible idea to give me, who by the way is still new at this, this task."

            "Just think of it as gaining experience," replies Woohyun smoothly as he smiles and opens the door to the casino for the others, "Now look like you're having the time of your life and let's get this job done. We don't need to be raising any suspicions about us."

            Sungjong frowns but isn't able to retaliate since he feels a tug on his arm pulling him into the loud casino area, looking over he sees it's of course Myungsoo who's eyes are already scanning the area for their intended meeting.

            "We got it, we'll get it done," Myungsoo tells Woohyun swiftly before pulling Sungjong completely into the crowd of gambling people, instantly blending in with everyone.

            "Well that's surely a surprise, they finally kissed and made up?" questions Woohyun as he looks towards the direction Myungsoo and Sungjong had disappeared.

            Sunggyu gave a snort of disbelief, "Please, if that happens then I'll be the one to volunteer a raise for the both of you in the shop."

            Woohyun perked up at the suggestion, "Really?"

            Suddenly Sunggyu feels regret for letting those words slip his tongue, "Don't you dare do anything to force it to happen, I swear if you meddle-"

            Woohyun scoffs, "When have I ever-"

            "You meddled in our relationship," piped up Hoya nonchalantly as Dongwoo nodded in agreement.

            Woohyun turned around and laughed abashedly, "Well you're together now aren't you? Who do you have to thank for that?"

            "Sungyeol, which was surprising since he fixed your meddling mess," replied Hoya.

            Woohyun's jaw dropped, "What?! No he-"

            "Oh gawd, will you shut up. Let's go, we are not dealing with this right now, the two youngest are already starting their phase of the assignment and we can't lag behind," reprimanded Sunggyu as he covered Woohyun's mouth with his hand to prevent his boyfriend from talking any further.

             Woohyun glared but wasn't given the chance to protest since Sunggyu was already shuffling them towards their section of the casino that they were supposed to be checking. Hoya and Dongwoo shrugged at their leader's action and went off to their own section.

            Back with Myungsoo and Sungjong, the two were currently near the poker tables while keeping a lookout for anyone in a plain white phantom mask. W. Im could be practically anyone and they can't afford a mistake and accidentally drop any information to someone who wasn't involved with what they were doing.

            "Do you spot anyone at all that could possibly be him?" asks Sungjong quietly enough for only Myungsoo to hear.

            "No, didn't he say to meet around the gambling tables?" muttered Myungsoo frustratingly.

            Despite the little truce the both of them had agreed on, it didn't really mean that Myungsoo was any less motivated to get the assignment over with. He agreed to work with Sungjong civilly enough just to get the job done easier and more efficiently, that’s it. Myungsoo was still thinking about going back to working solo when all of this Jewel of Destiny business was taken care of and finished while Sungjong just goes back to doing whatever he was doing before Infinite came into his life. That's how it was supposed to work right? Because why would Sungjong want to be involved with a band of thieves when he still has his life working out for him. Myungsoo doesn't admit it out loud of course but he thinks this will probably be the best option for the youngest after all.

            Sungjong broke Myungsoo out of his temporary zoned out state when the younger spoke up, "Hey, there's a man standing over there near the roulette tables, is that W. Im?"

            Looking up to where Sungjong was referring to Myungsoo caught sight of the elder man with a white mask on who was sipping from some sort of alcoholic beverage.

            "Yeah, looks like he's definitely the one we're looking for, I'm going to call the others to tell them we located W. Im. There's too many people around this area for me to talk freely through the communicators. Do not move from this spot understand me?" warned Myungsoo.

            Sungjong frowned at the command but nodded, "Fine, just hurry back before he moves again and we lose him."

            Myungsoo swallows down his snarky reply with a slight narrow of his eyes at the younger since he remembers their truce, before he leaves to find a more private area to talk through his communicator leaving Sungjong on his own temporarily.

            Sungjong stayed in his spot as directed while keeping an eye on W. Im, if their target moves he's going to have to follow after however things don't really go according to Sungjong's plans since his vision suddenly gets blocked when a server approaches him.

            "Here's a drink for you sir, the gentlemen over there by the bar hopes you will enjoy it," the woman gestures to the far left of the casino where there is a young man seated on the end chair who smiles flirtatiously at Sungjong when they accidentally make eye contact.

            Sungjong turns red due to pure embarrassment, in all his young years of life he has never been hit on in this manner and it shocks him greatly when the server hands him a brightly colored drink, from studying to working he's had no time to simply go out and party like other people his age since he's more interested in relaxing at home or visiting his family than going out to lose sleep over loud and crowded bars or clubs. He's flustered as he stares at the drink that's now in his grasp while trying to untangle his thoughts enough to form a coherent response but the only thing he seems to be able to do is gape at the cocktail in his hand.

            But just as the cocktail was suddenly placed in his hand it was also quickly taken away from him as a very familiar hand slips it out of his stiff fingers.

            "Please tell the gentleman over there that my partner is not interested whatsoever and that he can have his drink back," Myungsoo places Sungjong's drink back on to the server's platter and immediately guides the younger away with an arm around Sungjong's slim waist.

            Still a bit dazed at what was going on, Sungjong follows Myungsoo's lead without resistance. Once they turn the corner where they were finally out of sight Myungsoo presses Sungjong to the wall with a hand on the younger's shoulder.

            He's glaring at Sungjong as the younger blinks at him in shock and confusion, "What the hell. I told you to stand there and you can't even seem to do that right!"

            Myungsoo's annoyed tone registers in Sungjong's ears, 'What? Why is Myungsoo even angry? The hell? And why in the world are they all the way over here when their target was back there!?' Sungjong frowns, "What are you talking about? W. Im is going to disappear if we don't approach him, you told the others already right?"

            "I'm talking about how you attracted unnecessary attention and you couldn't even come up with something to decline the offer, the guy you attracted was about to walk up to you if I didn't step in. You were even blushing, seriously? Do you have any idea how much of a pain it would have been if we had another problem to deal with? I was gone for only a few moments, all you had to do was just stand there and keep an eye on W. Im," grits out Myungsoo, he's not even sure why he's bothering to scold Sungjong about this when they agreed to a truce but he can't help it when he sees the younger being so careless during the assignment. Since they're partners for the time being it also means Sungjong is begrudgingly under his responsibility.

            Sungjong flushes a light pink in embarrassment, "I was caught off guard! I wasn't expecting that guy to suddenly buy a drink for me, I wasn't blushing either! I was going to reject the drink but I was still a bit stunned, I was about to snap out of it soon but you already stepped in!"

            "Ugh! This is why I can't stand working with someone, especially you annoying fluff ball! You think you had it handled but clearly you don’t! Going solo is so much easier!"

            Sungjong was glaring at Myungsoo now, why is it even when they attempt to get along it still results in them just butting heads, "Well that's why we have the truce isn't it? To finish things faster? This is not the time for this pointless argument, we have an assignment to complete and a tracker to place." Sungjong breaks away from Myungsoo's hold on his shoulder coldly and turns the corner, he wants to finish this assignment and get out of here, he can feel his temper starting to burn and nothing good will result from it if he continues the argument with Myungsoo.

            "Hey!" Myungsoo calls out after Sungjong but he gets no response in return, he turns the corner and catches Sungjong walking straight for W. Im.

            "The little- aish!" Myungsoo catches up to Sungjong and walks beside the younger as they put on their calmest l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter