Swipe My Heart

Thieves Before the Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 12 – Swipe My Heart~

            "Run." It was a command from Myungsoo.

            Sungjong didn't have to be told that twice as Myungsoo pulled him around by the arm while they took off as fast as their legs could carry them. They could distinctly hear the two men yell out behind them as they also tried to run after them, footsteps echoing loudly against the pavement.

            "Hey! You two come back!"

            Ignoring the yell for them, Myungsoo made a sharp turn down the walkway with Sungjong in tow but they didn't stop there since Myungsoo is sure that the two men were still on their trail. They're going to need some place to hide or at the very least some way to lose them completely.

            As they continued running, they could distinctly hear the two men making their way down the same way. Myungsoo made a quick left at the next street barely staying out of the two men's sight as he ducked into the dark alleyway with Sungjong. He held Sungjong against him to stifle any noise that the younger could make so it wouldn't alert the two that were after them. They stood as close to the wall as possible hoping that the shadows would be enough to hide them. It was only moments later that the footsteps of the two men became louder as the both of them ran straight past where they were hiding.

            Myungsoo and Sungjong tensed up in momentary fear as they waited a few minutes to be sure that the two men were long gone from there area.

            Sungjong wiggled about in Myungsoo's hold until the older loosened his hold a bit so he could talk, "Did we lose them?"

            "I think so," replied Myungsoo as he took a hesitant look out of the alleyway. He sighed in relief as he spotted no one on the streets, "Looks like we're good for now."

            "They were waiting for me… They were going to kidnap me if I had walked over there… If I headed home on my own-" Sungjong began shaking lightly, he was really freaking out about what just happened which was understandable considering two unknown men were stalking his house at four in the morning.

            Myungsoo held Sungjong tighter, wrapping his arms around the younger, "It's okay. You're fine now." Myungsoo had a bad tendency to be cold but he did know the basics of when to at least attempt to comfort someone.

            Sungjong shook his head but held on to Myungsoo as if the older was the only keeping him grounded, "There's no way I can go back to my place if they're going to be there, they're bound to keep coming back. Am I supposed to run every time I see them? I'll get caught eventually."

            "I didn't say you were going to go back to your place Sungjong," Myungsoo pulled back a bit to meet Sungjong's confused expression, "You can stay at my place for the time being."

            Sungjong's confusion quickly turned to surprise, "But-"

            Myungsoo cut in before Sungjong could start his sentence, "You can get your things the next morning after we tell the others about what happened."

            Knowing that this really wasn't a time to be arguing about things, Sungjong agreed, "Okay."

            "Let's get going then," Myungsoo took Sungjong's hand in his again and lead the way back to his place. Worry and anxiety over the situation still ebbed at Sungjong but Myungsoo's tight grasp of his hand had him thinking that maybe things would turn out okay so long as he has Myungsoo with him.

            Getting to Myungsoo's place was thankfully uneventful despite the slightly lengthy trip but Sungjong didn't mind since they got to where they needed to be safely without any trouble. The inside of Myungsoo's apartment was quite different from what Sungjong had thought it would have looked like but if does reflect Myungsoo's taste quite obviously especially with the different framed photos hung up on the walls.

            It wasn't until Myungsoo called his name again did Sungjong finally break out of his curious observation of the place. "Come on, I'll give you clothes to change into for the night. My stuff might be a little big on you but I think it should be fine."

            They were still holding hands and Sungjong really wasn't planning on letting go anytime soon, having Myungsoo close to him was comforting and he's afraid he might start panicking a bit again if he was left alone plus Myungsoo didn't seem to mind so Sungjong will just take advantage of that for the time being.

            Myungsoo led the both of them to his room where he shuffled through one of the drawers until he pulled out a long sleeve shirt and pants. He held the two articles of clothing towards Sungjong who just stared.

            Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows at the odd behavior, "Fluff ball, take this and go change. These are my old clothes so they're a bit smaller so they should fit you better. The bathroom is right next door."

            "Ah, right," Sungjong finally gets his thoughts together again as he takes the clothes from Myungsoo with his free hand.

            Myungsoo stares at Sungjong expectantly waiting for the younger to finally let go and start walking to the bathroom but the younger seems hesitant to even move. "You're going to need to let go of me to go to the bathroom…"

            "R-right," stutters Sungjong as he releases Myungsoo's hand but doesn't make a quick getaway like the older had been expecting.

            Actually Sungjong seemed a bit nervous to leave in Myungsoo's eyes and it suddenly clicked, "Are you still freaking out about what happened?"

            "No! I'm fine!" denied Sungjong quickly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter