Big Risks, Big Rewards

Thieves Before the Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 15 – Big Risks, Big Rewards~

            "You want the jewel?" taunts Myungsoo as he holds up the dark gem for Eungook to see.

            "Hurry up boy, no one has time for your games. I can pull this trigger any time I want," threatened Eungook.

            Myungsoo's glare darkened, "We're at a standstill, stop trying to act so high and mighty it'll get you nowhere except prison. The security system may be out but it's only so long before they figure out how to turn the lights back on. Let him go and you can have the jewel."

            "No! What are you insane!? Don't give it to-" Sungjong flinched as he felt the tip of the gun nudge his head harshly to shut him up.

            "Fine, on three then I'll let go of this brat and you throw the jewel to me, any funny stuff and I'll shoot. I never miss a shot either," warned Eungook.

            "Fine," answered Myungsoo as he shot Sungjong a silencing look, he didn't need the younger shouting any protests he just needs to save Sungjong at this point.

            "One."

            "Two."

            "Three!"

            Eungook pushed Sungjong towards Myungsoo just as Myungsoo tossed the jewel high in the air. Sungjong stumbled at the sudden shove but Myungsoo caught him easily.

            With Eungook distracted in trying to catch the airborne gem, Hoya took the opportunity to knock the gun out of the other's hand making it skid to the other side of the room. Eungook grunted at the hit his wrist took from Hoya but his eyes remained only on the jewel.

            The jewel barely grazed Eungook's fingers before slipping from his grasp and falling to the floor leaving Eungook to scramble for it, "No! The jewel!"

            Hoya and Dongwoo were about to move forward and attempt to grab it but stopped when their communicators crackled to life again.

            "Get the hell out of there! The lights are turning on starting from the bottom floor up! The cops are coming in right now but there's not that many of them! Forget Eungook and the jewel! I repeat just get the out of there now! Take the emergency stairs and get out while everyone's still creating loads of chaos! Go!" shouted Sunggyu through the communicator.

            "We got it!" replied Myungsoo, "Let's go we all heard the orders! Get to the emergency exit and take your goggles off from there so we blend in with the crowd!"

            Sungjong pulled out of Myungsoo's embrace, "But what about-"

            "Forget about that, let's go right now. I have everything handled don't worry about it," said Myungsoo sternly as he grabbed Sungjong's arm.

            Using their night vision goggles as guides they managed to spot the emergency exit before putting the tools back in their pockets but they only managed to get about a step away before the entire room suddenly lit back up again. Reacting immediately to the situation the four of them weaved their way through the crowd so they were able to blend with the other people who were trying to escape from all this as well. Myungsoo took one last glance over his shoulder to see Eungook with the jewel in his hands, caught red handed where he stood. He smirked, it really did work out well in their favor after all.

            "This is the Seoul police, place your hands up where we can see them," said one of the officers as more cops began surrounding Eungook, "This is the end of the line for you."

            That was the last of what any of the four of them had heard as they closed the door and made their escape. With most of the cops that have barely arrived and the ones that were already stationed at the museum due to Infinite's warning card a week ago keeping their focus on Eungook it made their getaway all the smoother as they ran through the museum's exit and straight for the car, no one paying any mind to them since they were more focused on getting themselves out anyways.

            Woohyun and Sungyeol opened the back of the van for them as they all piled in as fas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter