Kisses

Maybe We Found Love [one-shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12: Kisses

 

[ FEBRUARY 2014 ]

“You’re making every guy look bad.” He heard his Suho hyung said as he scanned the bouquet of flowers sitting in their living room.

“All of these for Taeyeon noona?” Jongin asked. “Hyung, are you turning their dorm into some flower shop?”

Baekhyun felt his cheeks heating up. “Of course not. And this isn’t that many.” He paused. Was it? He looked around and the flowers in different colors but the purple dominates them because it’s Taeyeon’s favourite. Did he really go overboard? “I just want to make it special since this is our first and—“ He stopped midsentence because what else is there to say? This is their first time celebrating it as a couple. It still feels unreal for him but every time he gets to hold her, even if it was just her hand, it’s real. It’s all real. “And I want to see her happy.”

 

****************************************

 

And was she happy. Taeyeon was beaming ear to ear when they met at their company’s building. Not everyone knows their relationship yet so they had to act like they’re just close friends. Very close friends. They had to find a secluded place to interact.

“Thank you so much for the flowers.” She beamed. “Though you didn’t have to buy that many and you could have just bought me ice cream, you know.”

“Uh—ice cream?” Baekhyun scratched the back of his head and he was getting nervous about this.

“Yes, ice cream.” He made a face and she giggled at his expression. “But the flowers are still very much appreciated. Even the girls loved looking at them. It made our dorm bright. And thank you for that note, it was really sweet.”

He smiled at her blushing face. ”You’re welcome.”

“Are we still on for tonight?”

“Yes. If you’re available, that is.” Dinner with her tonight is another thing he wanted to be special.

“I am.” She’s sure. “Anyway, I got to get going now.”

“Okay then.”

Baekhyun didn’t expect the next thing to happen. Taeyeon stepped closer to him, stood on her tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Happy Valentine’s Day.” Her lips grazed his cheek as she said the words. This has got to be the most intimate thing they’d done, she has done, since they started going out. All they did was hold hands and hug. Kisses? Not yet.

Baekhyun was rendered speechless and was unmoving. Taeyeon laughed at him and tapped his nose then turned around, walking away, but not before saying, “See you tonight!”

 

[ MARCH 2014 ]

March 09, 2014 is definitely one of the dates Taeyeon will never forget. Aside from the fact that it’s her birthday and they won on Inkigayo, she got a birthday surprise from her boyfriend whom the world doesn’t know about yet. So when she and Baekhyun finally had an alone-time together, she can’t help but flung herself to him. He caught her as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Thank you for that surprise.” She looked up at him and gave him a very winsome smile.

“You’re welcome.”

Baekhyun kissed her forehead and Taeyeon sighed happily. “And for the cake.”

“Mhmmm…” His lips made their way to her cheek and her heart pounded faster when his hands moved up and down on her back. He pulled her closer by the hips and rested his forehead against hers so he can look into her warm, brown eyes. “Happy birthday, Taengoo.”

The urge to kiss him that day was so strong.

 

[ APRIL 2014 ]

“So you won’t be with us?” Baekhyun asked, feeling disappointed that his girlfriend wouldn’t be with him on Sukira as a guest DJ. He’s been asking her the question a few times already and even if he knew that the answer is No, I’m sorry, the idea still didn’t settle with him.

“I won’t. Sorry.” Taeyeon cupped his face and brought his head down and pressed his forehead against hers. “It’s risky, you know.”

He sighed. She’s right, better to keep their relationship low-profile for now.

“Aww, don’t be sad.” He felt her thumbs trying to lift the sides of his mouth to form a smile. Heck, he probably looked like an idiot with what she’s doing but he’d be her idiot if it means to see her grinning goofily at him. “It’s just one radio show. And besides, they’d probably ask us about our closeness and who knows what embarrassing thing you might spill on air about me.”

Baekhyun chuckled as he pressed a kiss on her forehead. His lips made their way to her nose, then to her cheek, and stopped at her jawline. He purposely missed kissing her lips. Not sure if going there is fine with her yet.

 

[ MAY 2014 ]

“So how was your first concert?” Taeyeon looked at her boyfriend in awe. EXO just had their first concert in Seoul and even though she missed it, she didn’t miss the chance to see him and tell him in person that she’s proud of him. Baekhyun had a big smile on his face, clearly giving her the answer she asked.

“It was great. Although we’re still adjusting to…” Being eleven members. She knew he and the rest of EXO are still trying to cope on being eleven and how to face the public after Kris left.

“You guys have been strong, and that makes me admire you all as my hoobaes. You’ve worked harder after what you’ve been through. You know, a lot of us are very proud of you guys.”

Baekhyun held her gaze. Taeyeon swore she could get lose in those eyes. He didn’t say anything for a moment until he wrapped her in a hug. They were quiet for a moment.

“Thank you.” His voice cracked. She felt tears gather in the corner of her eyes but she held them back from falling. She had to be strong for him. It’s not easy for them to lose a member so suddenly. There were no tears streaming down Baekhyun’s face when she looked at him but the sadness in his eyes were enough to tell her that he’s hurting deep inside.

Taeyeon smoothed his cheek with her palm and gave him a smile that says everything will be alright and that their journey as EXO isn’t over yet. She cupped his face and brought him closer to her so that there’s just an inch of space between them. Deep inside, she braced herself for whatever his reaction will be. She touched her lips to his.

This was their first kiss but she felt nervous and hesitation clouded her mind if she should pull back because Baekhyun stiffened and wasn’t responding. Taeyeon felt her cheeks burning from embarrassment so she pulled away. A ball of unease and sadness started forming inside her. Smooth, really smooth. Why did I even do that when it’s obvious he—Baekhyun cut her off from her thoughts when he smashed his lips against hers. The sudden movement had her in utter surprise. He had a hand on the back of her head, gripping her hair lightly, and the other on the small of her back to pull her closer to him. His kiss was so sudden her but she kissed him back quickly and eagerly. The kiss turned from hard to slow and passionate. The first attempt wasn’t that great, though it never was, but this one sure made it up for it.

“I’ve wanted to do that for quite a while now.” He said as lips moved to her cheek.

‘Me too.”

 

[ JUNE 2014 ]                                                                                                                

“So your name’s like an Oreo then? Black and white?” It was hard for Baekhyun to process the question when the girl herself is perched on top of him. She’s straddling him on the couch with her fingers slowly raking up and down on his chest. He’d be purring now if he was a cat.

“Yes.” He breathed out. She had her teasing smirk plastered on her face and now he wished he didn’t sound like that. “Why are you associating me with food anyway? Not that I mind, just curious.”

Taeyeon blushed and looked down, unable to meet his eyes. “Not telling. You might think the reason may sound inappropriate.”

Now it was his turn to tease. He grabbed her hips and pulled her forward to close the space between them. Ever since their first kiss, their relationship seemed to have changed but in a good way. They’ve been stealing kisses when in public, they kiss when they’re roaming around the city in her car at night, they kiss when they greet or bid goodbye, they kiss when they’re lost in their moment. Their kisses sometimes turn into make out sessions which was awkward at first but when they got to see each other after being away from each other for a while, it turned very satisfying in the end and had each other breathless.

He kissed the side of her neck and nibbled gently on the skin until he heard a little moan coming from her. “You’re really not going to tell me?”

“Mmm..” His lips travelled to her jaw and gave it the attention the neck had. “I…” He planted a kiss on her cheek then moved closer to . Baekhyun by avoiding his lips on hers. She groaned and he chuckled at her response. She smacked him on the arm and glared at him. Yeah, she looked adorable when she’s pissed though she’s pretty scary at the same time. “You definitely won’t know why if you keep doing that.”

Who was he to deny her anyway?

Baekhyun kissed her, sliding his hands up and down her sides. Taeyeon fisted his hair and pulled him closer to kiss him back. opened, and he slipped his tongue inside and flicked it over hers, deepening the kiss. Baekhyun had to step on the breaks the moment she moaned. He broke the kiss immediately only to find her blushing and wide-eyed. . She probably felt him under there. “Okay we should stop here.”

She nodded. “Yeah.”

The air was awkward after that. He felt the need to ask. “Taeyeon?”

“Hmm?”

“Was that too far?”

“Huh?”

“Was that too far?” He repeated. He hoped she gets what he meant. 

“No. No, we’re good.” He sighed in relief inwardly when he saw her smile. He kissed her one last time before lifting her up as he stood and put her down on her feet.

Cold shower ASAP.

 

[ JULY 2014 ]

A month after the reveal. A month after not being able to talk with each other.

“Hey.”

“Hey there.”

“You okay?”

“I’m good. You?”

“I’m good, too.”

Silence.

“I miss you.”

“I miss you, too.”

“Don’t read any of the comments anymore, okay?”

“I could say the same for you.”

“I’m alright—even better now that I get to talk to you.”

“I want to see you.”

“There’s always a video call, you know.”

A teasing smile in her voice.

“Well how about if I wanna hold you?”

“Hmm, I don’t know about that but I have my Jack here whom I can hug every night.”

“Oh so now I have a replacement?”

A laugh after a month of no communication from each other.

“You’re my Jack.”

“I’d kiss you right now for being a sweet talker.”

He could picture her blushing from the other line.

 

[ AUGUST 2014 ]

Being spun around by your boyfriend would probably sound nice and romantic and all those mushy stuff, except that she’s being spun backstage in a little space of what you call a dressing room.

“You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter