What He Said

Maybe We Found Love [one-shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: What He Said

 

****************************************

 

Q: Do you have any special memories on Pepero day?

BAEKHYUN: I can’t remember so this time I definitely wanna make one!

 

****************************************

 

“Strawberry Pepero! Aww the designs are so cute!” Taeyeon gleamed at the pink box of cookie sticks decorated with hearts specially made for Pepero Day. Baekhyun want to pat himself on the back for a job well done. Her expression was everything he could ask for this day. She gave him a box of chocolate-flavored ones a few hours ago but that time he was unable to give hers because he didn’t expect they’d meet in the SM building.

Taeyeon opened the box and pulled out one. Baekhyun watched her as she observed the stick. Adorable, he thought. He knew she’s fond of art and the design was pretty artsy. He was impressed himself.

“Here,” she offered. “Have one.”

“Uhh…” He contemplated if ever he should or just decline. Then she smiled and he can’t say no to that. “Okay…”

He complied and took one. The stick wasn’t even halfway done eaten when Taeyeon bit the other end and Baekhyun swore he could feel ice freezing him on his feet.

Did she…?

Did she just???

She did…

His heart did that stupid, crazy jumping thing as he stared into her playful and warm gaze. He didn’t see that coming. She handed him another one and he took it as if his hand was on automatic. Taeyeon giggled at his still-shocked expression. Baekhyun felt his cheeks getting redder but he still can’t move.

“See you later, Baek!” She turned around and walked away, waving the Pepero box in the air.

Baekhyun was still in his plac. If someone passes by, he’d probably look like some idiot standing there with a Pepero stick in the mouth and holding one in the hand.

 

****************************************

 

Q: What kind of girl do you like?

BAEKHYUN: Someone who’s not too tall, has pale skin, is cute and is polite. I like a girl whose clothes carry that nice fragrance after being washed.

 

****************************************

 

“Clothes carry that nice fragrance after being washed?” Taeyeon and Baekhyun are both lounging on the couch while she’s reading the magazine where he answered the questions related to relationships. His answers didn’t surprise her much except for this certain one. “Is this the reason why you usually back-hug me every time I change clothes?”

“Can’t I hug you even without a reason?” Baekhyun pouted and Taeyeon raised an eyebrow, clearly not buying the pout. He sighed but grinned mischievously. “Smells like home. And since I’m away from my family, you and EXO are my home.”

“Huh,” Taeyeon didn’t expect the answer at all. “Kind of weird when you said ‘smells like home’ but the last part made it up for it.”

“It’s true though. At every end of the day when we don’t get together, aside from our calls and texts, I always find myself looking for a piece of you that I could hold on to.” He shrugged. “I don’t know, it’s just ever since we got together, I just had this kind of feeling.”

She stared at him and she knows that this isn’t about the clothes anymore.

“I know that feeling.” She muttered audibly. “Since you also said that you got fond of Jack because of me, I’ve been hugging my Jack doll every night when I go to sleep. You’re my Jack.” Taeyeon ducked her head down to hide her blushing face. “And besides, don’t you have my scarf?”

Baekhyun chuckled and wrapped his right arm around the back of her shoulders so he could pull her close to his side. “I do. We’re like that Taylor Swift song although we’re not breaking up.”

“Yeah… you still have something of me you can hug.”

“I know.” He replied then kissed the top of her head. “But I prefer the real thing.”

 

****************************************

 

Q: Do you think you’re a romantic person?

BAEKHYUN: I’m not that romantic, but I would make the girl I like laugh, because I’m really naughty/mischievous.

 

****************************************

 

She’s been laughing for the past fifteen minutes and Baekhyun thinks this is a new record for “my-girlfriend-laughed-at-my-joke”. He’s been so entranced hearing her laugh and at the sight of her happy face. He can’t even remember what he said but he was sure there was toothbrush and cheese in it.

Taeyeon wiped the corner of her eyes because tears were about to fall due to laughing too hard. “Wow,” she calmed herself. “I haven’t laughed that hard in a long while.”

“I could tell. You look like you’re about to cry.”

Baekhyun didn’t know what was so funny about what he said because she was laughing again. Then she said something but he couldn’t make out the words. She sounded like that exciting fan typing “LAKJFLJLAJFLAJGLIHSF” on their SNS.

Suddenly, Taeyeon stopped laughing and lounged herself at him. Baekhyun held her by the waist as she pepper-kissed his face.

“You.” Kiss on the forehead. “Make me.” Kiss on the nose. “So.” Kiss on the cheek. “Happy.” One final and long kiss on the lips.

He smiled in the kiss and was proud of himself. “I’m glad. Hearing you laugh and knowing I’m the cause of it also makes me happy.”

“Thank you for making me happy.” Taeyeon smoothed his cheek with her palm. “You’re my biggest happiness right now. And I’m also thankful for it.”

“And I thank you for making me happy, too.”

“Cheese.”

“Only with you.”

 

****************************************

 

Q: Do you keep up with anniversaries well?

BAEKHYUN: No matter what anniversary, I think I keep up with them well. Even if people receive small warm words on an anniversary, I think even these small things can make them very pleased. ^^ and there isn’t anyone who doesn’t like seeing someone else happy. If many people who carelessly spend their anniversaries tried just a bit more, what would it be like?

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter