Rainy Day

Maybe We Found Love [one-shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 07: Rainy Day

 

To the world, they’re idols who bring music and entertainment but right now, they’re two people in love and snuggling close to each other in bed. Getting tangled in the sheets with your special someone had never been this good and fun on a rainy day. The sounds of raindrops could be heard as they splatter against the windows’ glass. It’s getting darker outside and they’ve been in bed for almost the entire day. Nothing to do outside and not one of them thought going out while it’s raining would be a good idea. Staying indoors for their extra time was better.

“So you had a crush on me during your high school days, huh?” Taeyeon had a wide smile on her face. They’ve been exchanging stories as they lie on their sides and face each other with their noses only inches apart.

“I did,” Baekhyun returned the smile, admitting this to her was something he wanted to do but never had the chance. Not until today. “You were one of the female singers that caught my eye and I love your voice. Although I wasn’t that attracted to you like most of the guys. I mean you were—and still—beautiful but it wasn’t like that.” Taeyeon gave him a look if asking what guys? So Baekhyun continued, “Guys that wanted you to be their girlfriend or even marry you. You know, the ones who wanted the Kim Taeyeon for themselves.”

“Oh, so you’re not one of them?”

“Nah. You were one of my inspirations in singing and… I didn’t view you like that back then.”

“What changed?”

“When you said you admired my determination and passion back when EXO just debuted. When you gave me advice on when it comes to singing. When you offered to help me.” Baekhyun ran the back of his hand along Taeyeon’s cheek as he talked and looked into her eyes. “When you smiled at me as Taeyeon and not SNSD’s Taeyeon. And I loved the way you laughed at my poor joke. When I saw the other side of you, not the idol side, but the person I’m looking at right now.”

Taeyeon covered his hand with hers and held it close. His words made her heart skip and she could feel the tears building in her eyes. “Thank you.” She said as she replayed his every word in her head.

“What are you thanking me for?”

“For seeing that side of me. And for letting me know that I’ve been an inspiration of yours. Also for loving my laugh… and for… li-liking me.” The last part was a stuttered whisper.

Baekhyun pulled his hand back and grabbed hers. He closed her free hand into a knuckled and kissed it, “I swear I started loving you right then.”

“Even with the three-year ?”

“I never paid attention to the gap. It’s just three years.”

“I did a bit… but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter