Her Knight

Maybe We Found Love [one-shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17: Her Knight

 

Taeyeon squinted at her surroundings after sleeping for… what? Hours? Maybe a day? She can’t remember. Her mind was hazy from all the coughing and sneezing she had before dozing off. She hated getting sick even if it’s just a minor cold. It makes her feel so weak and light as paper. She sighed, her mind still reeling from the events that happened the day—or days—before. Shifting to her head to the right side, Taeyeon saw a familiar figure on the edge of her bed. Her lips curved into a smile at the sight. Baekhyun was sitting on a little chair while his arms were on her bed where his head rested as he was sleeping. She lifted her hand and reached for him as her fingers threaded over his hair. That serene look on his face widened her smile and she felt touched knowing he’s here with her. She didn’t want to wake him but she just had to cough and now he jolted awake.

“I’m alright.” Taeyeon had to reassure him before he starts to worry—really worry. That didn’t seem to settle Baekhyun though. A frown decorated his handsome face.

“You don’t look alright.” He said with eyes examining her features.

“I swear I am.” She waved a hand to him as if saying the subject is close while he helped her sit up. “What are you doing here anyway?”

He gave her a look that says you know why and yes, she definitely knew why, she just wanted to hear him say it. “My knight senses were telling me that my princess was in trouble so of course, I had to go and rescue her—although she doesn’t really need rescuing because she’s a strong woman but if she needed some aid, I’ll be in arm’s reach for her.”

Taeyeon grinned, and crinkled her nose, then sneezed. Baekhyun handed her some tissue before she erupted into another sneeze. He then gave her a wink and said, “In arm’s reach for your aid.”

“So you’re not my prince charming then?”

“Nah, I’d rather be your knight but instead of fighting your battles for you, I’d be fighting them with you because I’m positive you’re strong in handling them. That is, if you need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter