Bath & Pizza

Maybe We Found Love [one-shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 08: Bath & Pizza

 

The award show has ended and all the artists gathered around backstage to congratulate each other and reconnect with friends from within and outside the companies. My night didn’t end well. My performance on stage during Holler wasn’t at its best and I’m somehow upset with myself. Still in need of vocal rest but these days, it’s quite impossible to do that especially when SMA is just a few days away. I sighed inwardly. I tried to smile but inside, I’m so tired and I want to go back to the hotel and flop on the bed. Sleep is such a priority for tonight.

Or maybe a bath, too.

I was lost in my train of thoughts when I heard a bunch of chattering not far away. I see EXO coming backstage with their award in hand. Then fellow artists joined in their little circle to congratulate. I saw Seohyun and Tiffany walking towards them, probably to do the same. I stayed back a bit, deciding that I could just congratulate them later when they’re not busy thanking others yet. It’s also a little bit crowded.

I had my eyes on the group, EXO and other artists, filled with smiles and laughter until someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and my lips curved into a smile, matching the smile that was in front of me. It’s been such a long night and I’ve wanted to talk to him.

“Congratulations!” I hugged him and immediately felt his arms encircling my waist as he hugged me back. I missed this. I missed his warm hug. I missed the feeling of being safe whenever he hugs me like this. I just miss him overall. Baekhyun buried his face on the crook of my neck and silent. During their acceptance speech, I could really tell he was holding back his tears. He’s trying to be strong and keep his calm façade on stage. And he’s got some kind of history when it comes to crying when they win. It pains me to see him like that because he deserves it. They all deserve it. And crying shouldn’t be a problem. I pulled back and cupped his face with both hands. “I’m so proud of you. You’ve all worked so hard and been through a lot yet you still smile and give your all in performing as if nothing’s been draining your energy out.”

“I could say the same for you. You’ve been through so much too, whether it’s with the group or just you.” I knew what he’s talking about and I can clearly see the understanding in his eyes. He pulled me closer and softly said, “Thank you and congratulations to you, too.” He gave me a very quick peck on the cheek then held my hand as we walked towards the sea of people.

 

************

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter