Behind the Wheel

Maybe We Found Love [one-shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: Behind the Wheel

 

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked his tense passenger who was gripping her seatbelt in one hand while the other was on the edge of her seat. He was taking Taeyeon out to dinner and this time, he was the one driving her Benz. Yes, the same Benz where they got caught by Dispatch while they were out on a late-night drive. That night was memorable, just with the exception of the aftermath that was the tabloids and SNS catastrophe.

“I’m okay.”

“You don’t look like you’re okay.”

“I’m. O. Kay.” She gritted out.

He chuckled. And that also earned him a punch. He looked at her amusingly as she huffed in annoyance and crossed her arms. “Relax. I haven’t even started firing up the engine yet you already look like you’re about to jump out the door.”

“You never said you could drive!”

“You never asked.” He pulled an innocent look because it’s true. The subject of him driving never came up. He didn’t bother mentioning it as well because he found it nice to look at when Taeyeon’s driving. She looks so happy every time she’s behind the wheel. She talked about her love for cars and how her interest started. He never minded anyway.

Not until this morning when Taeyeon just got home from another country and looking tired. Baekhyun asked if they should just postpone their dinner plans but she refused, saying, “I don’t want to miss a moment when I could be with you”. That had him almost melting into a puddle of love. And she added, “You made effort for a reservation so let’s not cancel”. Another thing he was thankful for because getting a reservation, a private one, was kind of nerve-wrecking and he didn’t want to use his idol title to get one. But he couldn’t deny that he wanted her to get some rest as well. Then again, he decided that tonight’s all about her so he wanted to make it special… even if there’s no special occasion that’s going on.

The only thing that he asked was to take the wheel because she looked like she was in no condition to drive. Her eyes look tired so he stepped in. He bet she wasn’t exactly paying attention when he asked her for the key because she immediately handed it to him yet now, she looked nervous. And they just got inside the car.

Baekhyun wanted to grab her hand and kiss her knuckles but he chose the better option: he reached towards her side and kissed her cheek.  “I got us, okay? Calm down. We’ll make it there in one piece.”

Taeyeon held his gaze and then nodded. She sighed and fell back in her seat. Baekhyun took this as a cue and started the ignition. The engine roared to life and the first few ten minutes went smoothly yet quietly. He took a tiny glance at her each time he looks at the side mirror on his right.

“So when did you start driving?” Her question broke the silence when they stopped at a red light.

“I have an older brother. Back when I wasn’t yet a trainee and he wasn’t busy with his own life, we hang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter