Rut

Immortal

* Jackson's POV *

I got up the next morning with the sun already pouring into the room. My body felt weak and my hands and legs limp. My eyes wouldnt even open nevertheless, I breath a sigh of relief. At least Im awake. Ive heard many stories of our kind that are too weak to even wake up from their sleep. I force every once of my will to open my eyes. Im covered in sweat and gasping for breath when finally my eyes open. By now an inch of my energy has come back. Enough for me to reach for the blood red drink on the nightstand and lift it up to my lips. Just a sip of it was able to enter but it was enough. That sip was like a flame to gasoline. My body lit on fire the moment it entered my body, and with it came the energy. I was still weak but it felt like the weakness you feel right after you wake up. A much more tolerable weak.

As I concentrate on regaining more of my energy, I focus my hearing outside of my room. Immediately, I hear the voices of my brothers and my father. Slowly, I separate each voice out to see if they all made it through the night. When finally, all 7 of them are there, I feel all tension leave my body. At least all of them made it. The voices get louder as I push myself off the bed and open the door.

BamBam: Ehhhhhhhhhh guess whose finally awake~~~~

Jackson: Go away Bam, your voice in the morning is not something I wanna hear *playfully pushes Bam's head with his hand*

BamBam: Tsk so grumpy in the morning *Pouts*

JB: Relax Bam, he just hasnt drank his happy juice yet *laughs*

Jackson: Very funny. If I hadnt drank it how the hell would I have stood up *smiles cockily*

JB: *rolls eyes* Just get ready already. You're driving all of us late. *Grabs Bambam and drags him away*

I laugh at Bam's expression as I walk over to my night stand to finish off the drink before I start off the same routine Ive done for the whole of my life.

~~~~~

When I finally head down to the kitchen, my brothers are already heading out the door. I stop by the dining table, which we rarely use, to greet my hyung, JYP.

Jackson: Morning Hyung.

JYP: Ah, Jackson. I was wondering where you were. *Looks up at Jackson's solemn face* Whats up?

I look up to see he spotted my expression. I try to shake it off but its obvious he wants to now whats up. So I sigh and give in.

Jackson: Its just... Im tired of this hyung. Ive gone to high school for more times than I want to and it just feels like Im in a rut doing the same thing over and over again..

He nods as he realises the problem. He understands, how can he not? Hes been doing this for more years than I have. Doing the same routine over and over again just so people wont get suspicious. Having to constantly act like your "age" when youre obviously not. He gets why I hate it so much yet...

He cant do anything. Cause if we dont, life turns to and my kind are goners. So the only possibly way is to remain doing the same thing. Follow the rules, never color out of the lines. So, before he even speaks, I brace myself for the same answer I always get whenever I bring up this problem.

JYP: Jackson.. You know we cant do anything about it. You're 17 and you'll always be 17. Theres no way to change that. And if people find out what you.. No.. What we are.. We cant risk that.

Jackson: I know hyung.. I get it. *Walks away dejected*

JYP: *Sighs* Maybe you can shake things up a bit. Do something different. But make sure it-

Jackson: *smiles* Doesnt expose us all. I know hyung, I know. The others are waiting for me. I'll get going.

I make my way to the sleek black van we always use to head to school and mull myself in. The van, as always, is chaotic as usual. Then again, so is any place with 7 boys in it. Though at least the chaos is coming from their mouths. Speaking of which..

Mark: We're here. *Looks back from driver seat* Um,, JB, Jackson.. Do you guys need a minute?

The voices were already swarming in. I hated this moment. Whenever we're in places with loads of people, the voices get out of control. Its like they're all trying to squeeze into me all at the same time and Im sure JB was having the same problem. Though at least he just hears heartbeats. I get words. Loads of them. All at the same time. I clench my fist as my forehead creases trying to concentrate on blocking all these voices out. I break out in cold sweat as the noise slowly softens. I can feel JB beside me, relaxing as well. Its always just a good 5 minutes for him but for me.. Its always longer.

JB: *places hand on Jackson's shoulder* Focus on me. It made it easier for me to control it when I only focus it one person.

Jackson: *sighs* No.. No its ok. Im good.

I wipe the sweat from my forehead and focus on controlling my breathing. I take a swig of the drink and Im good. We file out of the van and head on over to our usual place. People around us stumble and gawked and we pass. I dont even need to hear them to know what everyone was thinking. "God theyre so hot!" "I wish they talk to me.." "How can I get XXX to date me??" "I wish I was one of them.." The same typical things they always think and all we do is just walk past all them, stealing a few flirty glances here and there cause hey, why not have some fun while we're at it?

Jackson: Crap. I have art first period. I gotta go grab my stuff from my locker. I'll meet you guys later. *Runs off to locker*

I reach my locker in no time but all I could think about were hyung's words. "Shake things up a bit" ? How did he expect me to shake things up if I cant do things out of our routine? 

Im so lost in my own thoughts I dont hear the voice coming directly at me until it literally bumps into me.

Like literally.

???: MIANHAE! Oh my god. Im sososososo sorry! Jinjja miahae!

I stare down at the flustered girl on the floor gathering her things and mumbling her sorries. I roll my eyes at her as I notice its obviously another pathetic girl trying to do the innocent "bump into you and ask you out" strategy. Fine, you wanna play a game? I'll play.

And so I bend down and act like I dont know her plan. I play along, helping her gather her stuff that were scattered on the floor when she "Accidentally" bumped into me, accepting her numerous apologies; the whole act. And then finally, I pull the killer move and "accidentally" touch her hand whilst collecting the things. I look up at her and focus on reading her, ready for all the "OMGs" in the world but for once...

I dont hear anything.

 


HIIIIIII

HAHAH okok, I hope all of you dont hate me for giving you a cliffhanger but what are you gonna do? I gotta keep the story interesting to all of you~ ;)

So anywayyyy, I promised the next chapter would be reallyreallyrealllllly soon so here it is! 2 chapters for all of you as a new years gift! Hope you guys like it!

Anddddd

@soshi9_kim: Thank you so much for your comment on the first chapter! Im glad you liked it!! Hope chapter 2 was just as good~ Thanks for the sub! <3

Sooooo, how do you guys like this little POV of one of these mysterious boys~~? So you can sorta guess what is Jackson's special ability. The rest have theirs as well but of course, you'll have to keep reading to find out~~~. And what do you think this mysterious red liquid is?? 

Hope you guys are having an awesome new year so far! Make sure you keep track of those new year resolutions eh? ;)

Also, dont be shy to leave a comment! I'll reply them at the end of every chapter in this little author's corner~ I love to hear you guy's opinions on the story as well as suggestions is you have any!

See you in the next chapter my little bookworms~

Love,

Syarah~