The weird shield

Immortal

*Jackson's POV*

What the hell?

I concentrate harder, forcing all of my focus into her mind yet, I hear nothing. I start to panic. Im sure Im doing this right. So why the hell cant I read her?! The irritation set in as I watched her scramble for the rest of her things. I didnt want to pin the anger and frustration of my power not working but what is she doing to block me out so well?!

I cant handle it anymore. I dont care what she thinks I need to get away from her, I'll lose control if I dont. I grab her stuff in a hurry and shove it into her hands. I cant meet her eyes but I can tell she's flustered.

Jackson: Just... Just take it. Dont worry about it. I.. Um.. I gotta go. 

With that I rush off. I can feel her staring at me, probably confused, probably shocked but I dont care. I can hear the voices start to creep back in. Everybody's thoughts forcing themselves into my mind, squeezing in even though theres just no more space. My pace speeds up to a run down the hall as more voices creep in. Its an inaudible blur as more and more of them pack in to the point where I cant make out what theyre saying anymore. Its becoming painful to even continue running. I feel like Im about to explode..

I just want it all to stop..

My vision blurs as I feel two pairs of familiar hands hold me up. I let out a sigh of relief as I feel all of their presence around me. 

Jackson: *breathless* I... I just need a quiet place.. To think..

Youngjae: We got you bro. Dont worry. *Slings Jackson's arm around his shoulder*

Yugyeom: Yeah man, just concentrate on pushing them out. *Does the same as Youngjae*

I think I nodded. Im not sure what I did anymore. Im just glad theyre here. Soon, Im whisked (or dragged) to the roof of the school. As soon as Im separated from all those thoughts, I can feel my vision start to clear and the pain start to subside.

Bambam: Here, *offers Jackson his bottle of red liquid* Drink up. You need it. You look horrible.

I regulate my breathing as I take a swig of the drink.The liquid slid through my throat and washed away any form of sickness in me. It felt like the best drink Ive ever taken after that episode. I sat myself down as I readied myself for the questions.

Jackson: *sighs* Thanks but I can explain..

JB: *Furious* Yeah you better cause I swear if you dont have a good explanation for What The ING hell happened down there than so be it I will-

JR: *Irritated* Jae shut up. Let him speak.

Jackson: *feeling guilty* Look, Im sorry guys. I.. I just lost control and the voices got in and.... *Runs hand through hair* Im sorry ok?.. Howd you guys even find me?

Bambam: That was me. I saw a vision of you on the floor. We rushed towards you as fast as we could.

JB: Tell him what else you saw Bam.

Bambam: ....... I saw a girl with you. Before you passed out...

JR: Wanna tell us who that girl was Mr. ILostControl?

Jackson: .... Shes nobody. Just some girl who tried to ask me out ok? *Stands up* Look, I gotta get to class. Im sorry I almost exposed us. *walks away*

I walked down the steps two at a time. I needed to get away from them as fast as I could. I cant let them know that I lost control because of that girl. This girl, whoever she is, is my problem. Not theirs. Plus, I just needed to be alone. Enough for me to figure out what the hell happened.

~~~~~

By 3rd period, Im calm, collected and pretty much back to myself. The tension between me and the guys are almost gone though it doesnt help that JB is still as tense as ever and keeps focusing on me like Im a bomb about to blow up at any moment. He's determined to find out what happened and I dont blame him. I havent figured out what happened myself and right now, I welcome any explanation that big leader brain of his can figure out. 

I trudge to our seat in music as Mark, JB and JR take their seat around me. Its times like this I wish Bam, Youngjae and Yugyeom were in the same class. The youngsters always took the stress and tension off all of us but of course, cause of our ages, their one year behind us. But thank god, Mark is here to distract JB and JR from me.

You owe me. I smile as I read Mark's thoughts knowing full well he knows I appreciate his distraction. Though he didnt distract me from the person that had just walked into the room.

The same girl as before walked into the classroom and towards the teacher. I never noticed because I was too busy trying to read her that I never saw her before. She mustve been new.

Mark: Yellow.

Jackson: *confused* What?

Mark: Youre aura. Its yellow. It means youre interested in something and seeing as you were staring at that girl..

Jackson: Im not interested in anything..

Mark: You can say that but your feelings AKA your aura, never lies.

I roll my eyes and hit him playfully as Mrs Yang, our music teacher, calls the class to attention.

Mrs Yang: Ok guys. Settle down. We have a new student today! Would you like to introduce yourself darling?

I watch as she nervously takes a step to the front and play with her fingers as she introduces herself.

Youngji: Um... Hi! My name is Heo Youngji.. and umm.. *Looks towards teacher for help*

Mrs Yang: Do you have any musical talents?

Youngji: ... I can sing.

Mrs Yang: Perfect! Since its Music now.. Why dont you sing us something? 

I watch as she starts to refuse but everybody knows once Mrs Yang calls you out, you do what she says.

Youngji: *Admits defeat* Well.. I guess I can sing something.. *Grabs guitar and starts singing*

All I knew this morning when I woke
Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before
And all I've seen since 18 hours ago is green eyes and freckles and your smile in the back of my mind making me feel like
I just want to know you better know you better know you better now
I just want to know you better know you better know you better now
I just want to know you better know you better know you better now
I just want to know you know you know you

Cause all I know is we said hello
And your eyes look like coming home
All I know is a simple name, everything has changed
All I know is you held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed.. (Taylor swift ft Ed sheeran - Everything has changed [ 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1oM3kQpXRo ] )

Her voice was an angelic mix of passion and pain. This song obviously meant something to her. But that didnt matter. Everybody was entranced by her powerhouse voice. Heck, even Mrs Yang was speechless.

After a standing ovation from the class, she awkwardly sat next to Goo Hara, one of the popular girls her in school. All I know after that performance was this, I think I found my way to "shake things up"..

 


Hellooo~~~

Ah finally, the mystery girl is revealed! And its no other than Youngji!!! Seems like Jackson is taking an interest in Youngji too, (finally am I right?). So yes, JackJi has made their appearance. But the guys dont seem to take lightly to Youngji's arrival. how will this all end??!?!??!? Read on to find out ~~~~ ;)) Also, new power found for Mark! Dont worry if you guys dont understand the powers so far cause I plan to explain them later on in the story.

Alsooooooo,

@Linamm : HAHAHAH imagine him pouting in real life omgggg~ Alsoooo, Thank you so much for your comment!!! Hope you like chapter 3! :*

@ShinHaRi : I guess theres no point in me answering who the girl is anymore HAHAHHA! Thank you for the support! I'll try to deliver as much as I can! =3

@soshi9_kim : moohahaha did the suspense kill you >=))) Hahaha Im joking!! Thank you again for your comment! Youre so sweet~~ Hope you liked chapter 3!

@nurhannan02 : Thank you for such a sweet comment! Hope you like the new chapter! I'll try to update as much as I can~

Also, to all the people who subscribe (yes you, I see you too ;) ) Thank you for all the support and for reading this little fanfic~ Hope you guys are enjoying it as much as I enjoy writing it!

Anyway, as usual, dont be shy to leave comments! I love reading everything and I reply it all down here!

As usual, I'll see you in the next chapter my little bookworms~

- Syarah =3