Meeting the future In-Laws

Immortal

Youngji's POV

I wake up bright and early, smiling as I notice the single red rose on my bedside as per usual. I pick it up delicately noticing, just like the rest, the thorns were carefully taken off and a single note attached to it:

Good morning beautiful

                                                                                             - Your ever so lucky boyfriend, J x

I gigantic smile spreads across my face as I place the note in the box I keep alongside my bed where I keep all of his notes and place the rose alongside its siblings in a vase on my desk. Its been 3 months since Jackson and I have made it official and I couldnt be any happier. The roses started out as a joke I told before we got together. How the only way I would be with him was if everyday, before I woke up, I would see a single rose on my bedside table with a note attached from him. Lets just say he took it rather seriously. not that Im complaining.

I get dressed happily, singing and dancing my way around. His notes and roses just make me so happy. Finally, when my stomach growls for longest time, I race downstairs to the kitchen where the sweet smell of eggs and pancakes in the morning greet my senses.

Youngji: Mmmmmm! Eomma! Smells amazingggg~

Mrs.Heo: *laughs and serves Youngji breakfast* Well Im glad my skills are put to good use.

I devour the food, enjoying how the eggs seem to melt in your mouth and just how fluffy the pancakes are. I was so concentrated on the food I almost didnt hear what my mom was saying.

Mrs.Heo: - coming home tonight.

Youngji: *Mouth full* Mwha? 

Mrs.Heo: Tsk. Dont talk with your mouth full. Your dad! He's coming home tonight.

Youngji: Oh? Yay!!! I havent seen him in so long!

Mrs.Heo: So I was planning a big dinner. All or favorites-

Youngji: Can Jackson come?

I hear her accidentally drop the plate she was washing as once again, Jackson's name shocks her. She scrambles to cover her mistake but she knows the damage has been done. For some reason, my boyfriend makes my mom nervous.

Mrs.Heo: *stammers* I.. I dont know dear.. I mean.. Its your father's first dinner back! Should.. Shouldnt we make it just family??

Youngji: Eomma please. What is so wrong with Jackson that he keeps you so on the edge? Plus, Ive been seeing him for 3 months and he hasnt officially met you or appa yet. 

She tries to argue but in the end she sighs and gives in. I still dont know why she's so on the edge with Jackson but I dont push it. I'll get it out of her eventually.

I finish my breakfast fast, knowing that shes still thinking of an excuse to remove Jackson from the picture. I stand in a hurry, kiss her on the cheek and leave before she can say anything else. Once Im out of the house, I let out a huge sigh but Im smiling again as I feel two warm, familiar hands snake around my waist, hugging me close.

Jackson: Hello beautiful. 

I giggle as he kisses my cheek. I turn my head slightly as his lips finally land on mine.

The kiss, as always, leaves me warm and fuzzy. It feels just like the first time we kissed. Fireworks and sparks everywhere, our lips mending into one. I never wish it to end but of course, every good thing has to end.

Jackson: *breaks away, smiles* God I love you..

I blush a crimson red but Im harboring a wide loving smile. He kisses me once before finally, dragging me towards his car.

The sleek black car always takes me back. For a 17 year old to have, it seemed almost, unlikely. But I cant complain. Its better than sharing a car with the rest of his brothers. Between the awkward looks and death stares, I never wanna experience that ever again.

With just us in the car, theres no tension at all. Just us, laughing and talking throughout the journey.

We reach school sooner than I wish we would. He's drinking the same red drink when I remember what I wanted to ask him.

Youngji: Right! My dad's coming home today!

Jackson: *smiles* Awesome! You finally get to see him.

Youngji: I know~ And my mom's planning to make this big dinner for him and I want you to come-

I get cut off because suddenly Im covered in both spit and red liquid.

Im in shock as Jackson is coughing beside me, not sensing what he just did.

Jackson: What?? *notices Youngji* Oh.. Oh god

Hes scrambling for random papers but ends up pouring some more of the drink on me. I yelp in surprise before I angrily exit the car, ignoring his calls for me as I head straight for the nearest washroom to check the damage.

I enter the washroom and stare at myself in the mirror. Im drenched in red liquid, my white uniform blouse turning pink as the liquid spreads across my chest. I sigh as I speed dial Hara's number and dab at the wet areas, secretly thanking god that the washroom's completely empty. 

Hara: Hello~?

Youngji: Hara-ah! 911! Bring extra clothes!

With that I hang up, knowing full well she understood what I meant and praying she gets her fast enough.

~~~~~

Thankfully for Hara, who laughed at me the whole way Im telling the story, I make it until lunch without holding a wet tshirt contest. Though I did gain stares from everybody as Im wearing Hara's gym clothes since her other uniform was in the wash. Jackson of course, was trying his best to talk to me but I am NOT talking to someone who spit his drink all over me, no matter how cute he looks.

The lunch bell rings, freeing us for half an hour of rest. I trudge towards my locker, hiding behind a hood so everybody doesnt see my beet red face. I open my locker in a hurry, stuffing my art supplies in a hurry as a note falls out my locker. I pick it up, instantly recognizing the hand writing on the note that read:

Im sorry beautiful. Meet me at the rooftop garden please. I have a surprise for you. :(

                                                                                                                                                                                       - Your ever so sorry boyfriend, J x 

I sigh. I cant stay mad at him. Not when he does this. And so I find myself trudging towards and up the staircase to the roof. 

I will never get over how beautiful the rooftop garden is. A project by the gardening club, it fills the roof with the most beautiful of flowers and beautifully decorated benches. I love it.

Jackson is standing, leaning against the railing, his face one of worry and concern. He looks amazing as ever. I find myself staring, almost not believing that someone so... godlike was for me to call mine.

Jackson: *notices Youngji* Hey.. 

Youngji: *pouts* The surprise better be something good. Im missing Meatball Monday for this.

He laughs as he approaches me, placing a big, wide square box in my hand. I raise an eyebrow as I unwrap it.

A new bright uniform is laying in the box. I look up at him gaping.

Youngji: How'd you even get this on such short notice? 

Jackson: *smiles* Some people owe me. I just collected their debts.

I smile, obviously grateful but I force it down. He hasnt answered for his crimes just yet.

Youngji: Whyd you even react like that?

Jackson: *sighs* I was surprised. Meeting your parents is a big deal. What if I mess up or something? This could determine if I can ever see you again Youngji...

I grab his neck softly as I pull him into a long, lingering kiss. I couldnt help but feel completely loved and happy. For this man to care so much meant the world to me and I couldnt be happier.

I broke away long enough to say what I had to say,

Youngji: You'll be fine. They'll love you, I know they will. Just be your ever so charming self. Worked on me didnt it?*smiles*

He sighed and finally smiled, nodding a reply as he did so before wiping away my smile with an ever so lasting kiss.


Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii guys,

Ok I know I at keeping to schedule and honestly, I dont even have a valid reason this time. I just lose track of time as well as I had serious writer's block. So mianhae!!!!!

But anyway, *drumroll*

@Chris_James: I'll try my very best to update weekly but sorry if this chapter was up late!! Im glad you like it so much though! Keep reading yeah~

@lora123: Thank you!! Youre even more amazing ;)

@mrvnkry: Thankyouthankyou!! So happy that youre enjoying it! Hope you like my new chapter~

@Bunny503: Dont you just wish it wasnt fiction?? *swoon* hahahah glad you like it though! 

@qilahz: chingu ya~~~~ youre so sweet youre giving me diabetes! Hahahha~hope you like the new chapter!! :D

Anyway!! How cute was Jackji in this chapter! Alot more liplocking eh ;)

Alsooooo, stay tuned for the next chapter to see Jackson preparing for the dinner! ;)

Until next chapter,

Love you my litte bookworms!

- Syarah <3