Interrupted

Immortal

Jackson POV

A month passed until finally, I could escape from the hellhole called a hospital. In a pretty much normal case scenario, I would have been out of here by a week, heck, a day would have suffice. With the red formula, anything's possible. Fast healing is just one of its properties. 

But of course, this isnt a "normal case scenario". Of course, the bullet had to be "different" for the drink to not have a single effect to speed up the healing.

I pack my things quickly as my thoughts rush back to the dreaded day we discovered the drink wasnt working.

*flashback* (A: I'll put flashbacks in bold & italics just for your info~ )

I wake up to find 7 familiar faces staring down at me, worry clear on their faces. I try to sit up but my head starts to spin and a clear, sharp pain on my left shoulder causes me to wince in pain.

Mark: *pushes Jackson down slightly back into the bed* Lie down, you'll feel better. 

Bambam: Hyung... How do you feel??

I shake my head, not having the energy to respond. I look slightly to where the pain is coming from. A white bandage stained slightly red is wrapped around my shoulder.

I groan as I remember why Im here.

I feel experienced hands grip onto my chin lightly and open my mouth slightly. A warm liquid slides in and I instantly know what it is.

Almost instantly, warmth spreads throughout my body, making me feel a million times better but..

My left shoulder still hurts. The pain isnt disappearing as it should. I try and move my shoulder but the pain intensifies, causing me to hiss out in pain.

Around me my brothers house expressions of confusion. Even JYP hyung's usually calm and collected face is broken and replaced by one of slight confusion and worry. I brush it aside and gesture for more of the red formula.

My brothers exchange a look of hesitation. I dont blame them. Usually, whenever one of us got hurt, this was the procedure. Drink ONE cup of the formula and thats it. Youre cured. Takes a few hours to heal completely but nevertheless, it heals. We never took more than we should have. There was a warning by JYP hyung that said if we took more than we should, the energy would be too much to take, tiring out our bodies more than it can handle, making it impossible to wake up when it finally finishes. We never tried to disobey that one warning.

And here I was, asking for more. Nevertheless, JYP hyung nods, allowing one more cup. Carefully, JR pours one more, pouring it into my mouth slowly but surely. 

Again, the warmth of the liquid spreads through my whole body except for my shoulder. If anything, the pain intensifies even more without me even moving it as if daring me to try it once more.

I almost howl in pain because of it. My brothers all carry an expression of panic and worry and JR is already shakingly pouring me a new drink, however, JYP hyung stops him. He steps closer to me as he slowly unwraps my bandage, examining my wound.

After about a minute, he starts to wrap back my wound, a bleak expression on his face. My brothers and I waiting in anxiety as he slowly turns to order Yugyeom to lock the doors.

He takes a deep breath and address us,

JYP: The formula wont work this time. The wound has been infected yes, but not by rust, but by means of our kind.

Jackson: *confused* Wait, what does that mean for me? And how do you know this hyung?

JYP: *sighs* I recognize the infection. Its disguised to look of like a normal infection but its more than that. Ive learned of this type of "poison". It coats the wound area, making sure that the formula doesnt work on it. Usually, its used to kill. In normal scenarios, the wound would be too big and deep for normal medical help to be of any use. The only way to save the victim would be to feed him our formula, speeding up the process of healing to close the wound. But as Ive said, the poison coats the area of the wound so that our formula cant get to it, not even in the body, to heal the wound. Ultimately, the victim dies.

JYP: The bullet must have been coated with the poison. Luckily for Jackson, the wound is small and the poison isnt permanent. Majority of it will disappears in about a month or so. Your wound will have to heal on its own from there onwards.

Jackson: Wait hyung, what do you mean by majority?

JYP: Some of the poison will linger and try to stop the formula from helping with the healing but it wont be enough. We can continue with the formula healing procedure after most of the poison disappears.

JR: But who would do this?

JB: You know what.. I bet its that girl outside!

Jackson: HEY! Leave her out of this. She doesnt know about us-

Mark: *softly* How can you be so sure if you cant read her.

The others look at me in shock. I glare at Mark but he looks away. His expression shows one of a person who had no other choice. His thoughts flow into my mind, Im sorry but I did what was right. They need to know.

The others glare at me from above. I sigh, giving in. Mark was right. I cant hide it forever.

Jackson: *sighs* Yes ok fine. I cant read her thoughts-

Almost immediately, frustration and fury fills the room. Comments are spat all over me. How stupid can you be? How could you not tell us? Blahblahblah

Finally, JYP hyung steps in, silencing all of them in one go. He looks me dead in the eye, offering his hand in the process. I know what he wants and without hesitation, I place my hand in his, opening my mind for him to see.

Instantly I feel him searching through my mind, pulling out memory after memory of Youngji and Youngji only. From the first day I met her and our unfortunate encounter to our encounter at the book store and to just a few hours ago, our date and how I saved her.

Finally he pulls away. All eyes are on him as cold sweat starts to form on me. One word of disapproval from him and I can never see Youngji ever again. This was the authority of our alpha.

Slowly, he walks away from me, one hand in his pocket, the other running through his hair. Once at the end of the bed, he looks at me once more,

JYP: When I said "shake things up" I didnt mean this.

Jackson: I know hyung but ever since she came into my life... Its changed me hyung. She changed me.

I hear scoffs from both JB and JR but Yugyeom and Youngjae have confused expressions. They falter between wanting to believe me and doing what they think is "right". Knowing that at least I could win them over, I continue.

Jackson: Hyung, you saw what we did. You saw everything. My feelings for her are strong. And youve met her! Shes not dangerous and you know it.

JYP: I met her once but... *sighs* I dont know what to make of her. For once, I dont know. I dont know if shes dangerous or not but I do know this. 

He leans over on my bed, his eyes set dead on me. Sweat pools down onto my face as he opens his mouth once again to speak,

JYP: If I stop you, you'll only want to see her more. And youre right. Your feelings for her are strong. So here is what Im going to say. Shes safe, for now but the moment something else that may endanger us in any way AND it points to her, you get away from her as fast as you can before I come and pry you away, got it?

I nod, happiness and relief flooding me. He gestures for the rest to leave as he exits the room. My brothers say goodbye one by one, JB and JR not holding back their looks of disapproval and Yugyeom and Youngjae, confused as ever, hugging me briefly before walking out the door. Mark and Bam stay behind, waiting for the rest to go before facing me. Reading them briefly, I heave a sigh of relief before speaking.

Jackson: You stopped her from leaving. Thanks.

Bambam: I cant see very far into your future with her but I do know that shes not as dangerous as JB and JR make her out to be. But dont think Im not gonna be careful around her. Its still weird that you cant read her. 

Mark: Same here. Just because your practically in love with her doesnt mean Im ready to call her sister in law just yet. Im still putting up caution near her.

Jackson: One, thank you again for not judging her as quickly as JB and JR. Two, Im NOT in love with her. I just... Have very strong feelings for her..

They leave, laughing out the door as Im left alone once again but not for long.

*flashback ends*

I stop packing as I remember her face on that day. Her eyes puffy and red, her cheeks stained with dried tears, I didnt need to read her mind to know she was hurting more than I was. I sigh as I push back the ever rising feeling of guilt for being the person that caused that pain and revenge for the man that caused all of this in the first place.

I hear the door open behind me and instantly, I know who it is. 

I smile as the scent of her sweet perfume flows into the room. She takes delicate steps towards me as I turn, our eyes meeting as a smile crawls onto her face. I put out my hand, wanting to close the distance between us. She places her hand on mine, lacing her fingers through mine as I pull her close.

Jackson: *smiles* Hey..

She opens to respond but falters. Something in her eye changes as her happy expression falls. She loses eye contact with me as Im left, confused as to what I did.

Youngji is staring at her feet as I catch her chin and lift it up forcing her to look up at me. Even then she refuses to  look me in the eye.

Jackson: *pouts* I know I just woke up and all but dont tell me I look that bad that you cant even look me in the eye? 

Even after that, her expression remains sad. I pull her towards the bed and sit her down as I speak,

Jackson: Hey.. Whats wrong?

Youngji: *stammers* No..Nothing..

Jackson: Hey, dont lie to me. Something's bothering you. Whats wrong?

She refuses to speak, biting her lip instead. Frustration for not being able to read her rises again as again, I try to get her to open up. After rejecting me again, I get on the floor, kneeling as I grab her hands in mine. I catch her chin, raising her head slightly. As her eyes meet mine once more, I speak

Jackson: Heo Youngji, I dont know why you wont talk to me. You would think me taking a bullet for you would have made you more open to me *smiles*

Youngji: *smiles slightly* Is that why you took the bullet for me? So I would be more open?

Jackson: One of the many reasons. Another would be because...

Youngji: ... Because?

Jackson: ..... I care about you Youngji.. And its killing me that your obviously hurting but you wont let me help.

She stares at me, shock at my sudden confession. Even though I feel completely embarrassed, I keep eye contact, knowing that shes slowing opening up again.

Finally,

Youngji: *sighs* Its your brothers..

Jackson: *shocked* What?

Youngji: They didnt do anything its just... They dont particularly.. approve of me.

Jackson: Thats what youre worried about??? *laughs*

Youngji: *pouts* It means something big to me! How can we continue... this if your own brothers dont approve of me??

I stop laughing when I can tell shes serious. I place her hands in mine as hold her gaze.

Jackson: Heo Youngji... It does not matter if my brothers like you or not. They arent the ones dating you, I am. And to me, youre absolutely perfect.

Her cheeks are flushed bright red by the time I say this but I dont let it stop me.

Jackson: I dont care what my brothers think of you. Heck even if they strapped me to a chair and fly me all the way to the other side of this earth, I would still come back, here, to this very spot, just to be with you again, because thats how strong my feelings are for you.....

Jackson: Ive never done this before. Im not the hearts and flowers kind of guy. Ive never kept a girl for more than two hours and Ive never seen the same girl more than once. Yet, I cant stay away from you.. Youve changed me, Ms Heo Youngji, and I mean it in the best possible way..

By now, Im breathless, having poured my feelings out there, something Ive never done before. We continue to gaze at each other until finally, her face splits into a smile as she laces her hands over my head, pulling me into a hug. I hear her whisper into my ear as I hug her back,

Youngji: I feel the same way...

With that, we break apart as I slightly tug onto her chin, pulling her face closer to mine as finally, 

Our lips touch.


HELLOOOOOO

Ah, Im really bad at keeping to schedule huh.. Again, mianhae! I feel like this schedule isnt helping at all. So heres the new schedule, each week (hopefully) I'll upload a new chapter. The lastest a new chapter will be out will be (at least) the following week after the said week. Because lets face it, this schedule is not helping with the fact that Im working and school's starting and all.

But anyway, first things first (im the realest):

@qilahz: LOL, Dont worry! I dont mind answering questions and all, i mean, thats why theres a comment section right XDD Enjoy the new chapter my new buddy~

@xiaohope: Mianhae, a slightly late chapter ><"" but I'll put the profile under this but only of those who I have revealed in the previous chapters what their powers are cause I wanna reveal the powers little by little~ also, good guess! I did sort of mold the story around the Twilight saga as well as another book series I read a looooooong time ago

@Bunny503: I wish someone said that to me but sadly, I only write fiction so :(

@nurhannan02: Thank you!! Im glad youre enjoying it~

Anyway, I know a lot of you are confused with the boys powers but like I said above, I'll only reveal (for now) the members which I have hinted what their powers would be so here they are:

Jackson = Telepathy / Mind reading

JB = Tracking sense

Bambam = Precognition / Can tell the near future

Mark = Pathokinis / Reading of Auras (feelings) as well as controlling them

 JYP = Tactile Telepathy and many more ;) / Can read minds only by touch as well as many more powers to come ;)

Thats all the members I have revealed so far! JR, Yugyeom and Youngjae's powers will be coming soon so keep reading to find out~

Also! The long awaited (I think it was) kiss has arrived!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH ASDFGFDSA WHY ISNT THIS REAL LIFE RIGHT?

Anywayyyy, I gotta go so as usual,

Dont be shy and leave a comment! I'll reply to them here at my little author's note at the end of the chapter!

Love you my little bookworms!

Syarah <3