The date

Immortal

Jackson's POV

I lay on the bed turning the paper with her number on it over and over in my hands. Heo Youngji.. Even her name was pretty.

She was better than I remembered. More happy, down to earth and funnier then the first encounter we had with each other. Ive never met a girl who didnt immediately swoon when she met me but Youngji.. It was like, for once, my looks didnt mean anything. She wanted to.. Know me. My brows furrowed in confusion and frustration. I didnt understand this girl. Not only is she the first person I couldnt read but she was the first to actually want to get to know me. The actual me. She didnt try to ask me out the first 3 seconds of our conversation or try to flirt with me or pull some weird thing to get me to date her. Nothing. All we did at the shop was talk. A pleasant conversation, something I havent had in a while. 

Which was why I asked her out.

Which now I honestly dont know if I should have.

Not only am I breaking the number one rule we have in this household but I dont know this girl. Theres too many questions revolving around her. Why cant I read her? What shield does she have thats blocking me out? Is she one of us? Is she safe? 

And yet a small part of me wants to meet her again. That small part of me wanted to talk to her again, to laugh with her again and for once.. Put my guard down..

And so, despite the sensible part of me screaming not to, I pick my phone up and dial her number.

Youngji: Hello?

Well, no turning back now.

Jackson: Uhh.. *clears throats* Hey..?

I groan. Hey? HEY? Seriously Jackson Wang. Youve easily gained the tittle Mr. WildAndy and you choose Hey? Im a ing idiot.

Youngji: *laughs* Im guessing youre calling to check if I gave you the right number?

Jackson: *smiles**chuckles* I guess so. Yeah, everybody knows you dont give a guy your real number.

Youngji: Well, clearly I dont have enough game to know I was suppose to give a fake number. *laughs*

Jackson: *smiles* Clearly but Im glad you dont.

Youngji: And why's that?

Jackson: Means I can teach you.

Youngji: And what makes you think i want you to teach me? What if not having enough game is my charm?

Jackson: *laughs* Trust me, you have more charms then that.

Youngji: So, Mr. IveGotGame, what was the real reason you called me?

Jackson: Well, I never got to confirm our date before you rushed off.

Youngji: *Laughs* Well, blame my mom. So?

Jackson: How bout.. This Saturday?

Youngji: Sure, I'll see you then?

Jackson: I'll be the one with flowers at your doorstep.

Youngji: *smiles* I'll be expecting it. And, just for the record, I prefer chocolates. 

With that the line goes silent as Im left shaking my head in disbelief. The girl is all sorts of surprise.

~~~~~

I check myself again in the window, chocolates in hand before finally, I ring the bell. I chuckle slightly at how nervous I am before finally, composing myself in time as the door flings open.

A woman stands at the opening, stock still, her expression one of both shock and fear. Confused, I turn hoping to see somebody else behind me but theres none. Turning back, I clear my throat hoping to snap what could only be Youngji's mother, out of her trance.

Jackson: Umm.. Mrs Heo? Are you ok?

Youngji's mom: *Startled* Ah.. You.. Youre probably looking for Youngji.. *forces smile* Come in, I'll call her down..

She runs off, climbing the stairs two at a time as I enter her house, confused at her reaction. I push it aside as I see her come back down, slightly more composed now.

Youngji's mom: Im sorry for my reaction dear, I thought I saw.. something behind you. *pours drink awkwardly* Water?

I refuse politely, claiming I was saving up space for dinner. I was still confused. Not only was her reaction bizarre but she was clearly looking at me when her expression changed. Even now, her body was tense and her hands were slightly shaking. What was she so scared about?

I didnt get to ask before I see a beautiful figure appear at the top of the steps. Youngji smiles as she notices me, coming down the steps gracefully. Her hair was straightened and allowed to flow down over her shoulders, her fringe pulled back with a hair band. She was dressed in a light blue checkered sun dress with a denim jacket. She looked breathtaking.

Youngji: Ready? 

Jackson: *breathless* Yeah.. You look... Amazing..

Youngji: *blushes* You dont look to bad yourself.

I smile as she tucks a stray strand of hair behind her ear, her cheeks rosy red from embarrassment. I feel her hand grab my wrist slightly as she pulls me towards the front door, possibly embarrassed being there with her mom. I chuckle, readjusting my hand so that instead of her dragging me, we were walking hand in hand out the door, saying our brief goodbyes in the process.

Jackson: Oh by the way, these are for you *hands chocolates*

Youngji: *giggles* *fakes shock* How did you know I love chocolates?

I laugh as she enters the passenger seat of my car and drive off to our next destination.

The day was spent talking, laughing and traveling to all the places I love in the town. Everywhere she went, people loved her. Her smile was contagious, spreading joy to the people on the streets. She was amazing. Never had I met someone so... adorably lovable.

We ended the date watching a movie leaving both of us laughing as we left the cinema.

Youngji: *breathless from laughing* Hold.. Hold up. I need to go to the washroom for a while. Wait for me outside?

Jackson: Wouldnt dream of leaving you behind. *winks*

Smiling, I exit the cinema. Standing outside, hands in my pockets a group of guys catch my eyes. I curse as they approach me like a bunch of wild animals on the loose.

JR: MY BROTHER! What are you doing here~

Jackson: *forces smile* Running away from you guys. What are you animals doing here anyway?

JB: Its Saturday night! Time to party!! *howls*

Yugyeom: *Laughs* Hyung! Join us, come on~

Jackson: Maybe some other time. *tries to shoo them away* Go, go. Go enjoy yourself.

They all pout, trying to convince me to come along but eventually, they leave, the chaotic atmosphere following them. I breath a sigh of relief as they leave but Mark stays behind, glaring at me.

Jackson: *raises one eyebrow* Arent you gonna follow them?

Mark: Black.

Jackson: What?

Mark: Your aura . Black means something unknown, secrecy. So, who did you watch a movie with? And dont say you watched it alone because your whole aura before we came was bright pink, symbol for love.

Jackson: *stutters* Well uh.. *admits defeat* Fine fine, I was here with Youngji..

Mark: A mortal?!

Jackson: Shhh! Yesyes, the girl from our music class.

Mark: *angry* What the actual dude?! Thats our number one rule! Dont forelock with mortals! We're dangerous to them! You could hurt her or worse.. You could get us exposed.

Jackson: *irritated* You think I dont know that?! Look, Im being careful OK? We're fine. She doesnt suspect anything.

Mark: But why risk it? Why risk everything just for some... girl?!

Jackson: I dont know! *calms down* Look, I dont know either ok? I just.. She's different. Ive never met someone like her. So just.. Just give me a chance with her.. Please..

Mark:...... Fine. But JB's not going to be happy about this, neither is JYP hyung. So be prepared. *starts to leave* By the way, *whispers* two guys at 3 o'clock. Black aura and two of their buddies just went into the cinema. I dont trust them. Might wanna clear out with the girl soon. 

With that, he walks away, leaving me staring at the two suspects from afar. He was right. Does two dont look like their up to any good. And Youngji is taking a rather long time...

I casually walk into the cinema again, towards the bathrooms Youngji went into and wait outside. 5, maybe 10 minutes pass when another lady comes out. I stop her for a while, her cheeks flush as she sees me, typical.

Jackson: Sorry I just wanted to ask, was there another girl in there? A little bit shorter than me, long brownish hair, wearing a dress?

Lady: *Stutters* Um no.. Im.. Im the last one.

She starts to say something else but I dont allow her to. Panic and anger rises in me as I run towards the back entrance of the cinema, hoping to find her there. Instead, I find a ripped, denim jacket on the floor, the same exact one Youngji was wearing when she left the house.

Im running.

I dont know where Im going nor do I know what Im doing but that doesnt matter anymore.

Panic and adrenaline coursing through my veins, I run and I scream her name over and over again. I dont care how long it takes. Till my energy runs to a minimum low or until my throat starts to bleed, I will find her.

And I will kill anybody who lays a finger on her.


Hello~~~~

So its Sunday and that means theres a new chapter!!! Wootwoot!

First of, note of fame:

@Bunny503: Hello again~ Thank you for your comment! You leave the sweetest comments! Hope you like this chapter as much as the last one ;)

@qilahz: Hello there! Thanks for your comment! Im glad your enjoying the story so far!! Will update soon so keep reading aites ;)

Anyway, sorry bout the cliffhanger! Cant give you guys everything yet~ cause seriously, where's the fun in that right? HAHAHA. Hope you guys like this chapter. A little bit of Jackji action her but looks like Youngji went missing! Where did she go? Who is she with? Is she safe?? Next chapter will reveal all!

Thats it! Again, dont be shy to leave a comment~ I lovelovelove reading them! And I'll see you guys next week with the new chapter!!!

Loveeee you my little bookworms~

Syarah <3