The encounter with Mr. WildAndy

Immortal

*Youngji's POV*

A blush crept across my face as the class continued their standing ovation. I didnt know I had it in me. Ive never sang in front of anyone other than my parents. So to sing in front of complete and utter strangers was something that was completely out of my comfort zone. The cheers and applause was so deafening that I could barely hear Mrs. Yang telling me to take a seat next to girl with jet black hair and a sweet smile. Bashful, I kept my head down most of the way towards the seat, trying to hide my slight smile and red cheeks. Thank god Mrs Yang decided to finally start to class and steal the attention away from me as I took a seat.

Hara: Hi! Im Goo Hara. You did amazing by the way! *extends hand*

I turn towards my seat mate and shake her hand, smiling unconsciously as hers was too contagious. She chatted with me the whole lesson, occasionally whispering to avoid getting caught by Mrs. Yang, though not that I minded. I was glad. She took all the tension and awkwardness off me and honestly, I liked her. Her friendliness was exactly what I needed today. Nevertheless, concentrating on what Hara was saying became almost extremely hard with that fact that I kept feeling like someone was staring at me the whole time. All I could do was squirm in my chair, uncomfortable before finally, I turn slightly and caught eyes with the one guy I never wanted to meet ever again.

My cheeks burned red as I whipped my head back to the front, shocking Hara in the process.

Hara: Yongji-ah, gwaenchana?

Youngji: *Still shocked* Huh? Oh umm.. Nae, gwaenchana. *smiles*

I was so not ok. The guy was the same exact guy I bumped into while racing for this exact class who then decided to just run off without saying anything, leaving me clutching my stuff in a mess and in embarrassment. Yeah, not exactly the person I wanted to see after that. I snuck a peek again at the guy behind me. With his arms crossed and his dark brown hair flopped to the side, charisma literally oozed off him. I caught his gaze again, this time not looking back. He smiled slightly, a cocky one, as he leaned forward and rested his mouth against his hands, raising an eyebrow as he continued to stare at me, almost challenging me to not break the gaze. Though of course, being the wuss I am, I turn away, my cheeks burning as I hear a slight chuckle from the back.

Class couldnt end any faster.

~~~~~

Hara became my tour guide the rest of the day, showing me around the school and cheerfully talking to me the whole way. I learned alot about her in the process, how she and her friends formed a music group called KARA for a music project but ended up keeping the name even after the project ended, how the guy's name was Jackson and he, together with his stepbrothers, belonged to the group named GOT7 and how they practically ruled the school, the envy of all boys and the dream boy of every girl in school. This of course made me even more depressed. The one guy I had to bump into and it had to be the coolest guy in school. Greeeeeeaaaaaat.

The day ended sooner enough and I was left cycling across my neighborhood trying to take in as much as I can of my new home. I cycled through town, the wind blowing through my hair, shops a blur beside me until one finally catches my eye.

I brake in front of the old shop. An antique book shop. Through the windows, rows of bookshelves filled with millions of books filled the room. I found myself gaping as I entered the shop, the smell of books hitting me immediately as I stepped in. Ive never been in a shop with these many books. 

???: Well hello there.

I jumped as I turned to face the voice. A man dressed in a white turtleneck and dirty blond hair smiled back at me.

JYP: Oh sorry there. Did I shock you? Im the owner of this shop, Park Jin-young. People call me JYP.

Youngji: *Still a bit shocked* Umm.. Annyeonghaseyo. Im Heo Youngji. I just moved here-

He stops me before I can continue, holding up his hand as he gestures me to follow me to a bookshelf around the back of the store. I follow, curious, as he grabs a book from the shelf, dust it off and hands it to me.

Youngji: *Gasp* No.. It cant be! Ive been searching for this ever since! *In disbelief* I.. I cant find it anywhere else...

I stare in disbelief at the cover of one of my favorite author's book, A Tattered heart; a book believed not only to not have been published but one of his finest piece before he died. I turned the book over and over in my hands, flipping through the pages in glee and disbelief. I hear the man chuckle next to me as he pats the book in my hand and winks, saying,

JYP: Take it. As a welcome present from me to you.

And with that he walks away as Im left to gape in both glee and just utter disbelief. I turn my attention back to the book in my hand as a huge smile creeps onto my face. I jump around in silent joy and unfortunately, knock over some books in  my path.

And even more unfortunately, the books were being held by someone.

Jackson: You really like bumping into people huh, me in particular?

Youngji: *blushes* I am so sorry umm.. *flustered and starts to pick up the books in a rush*

Jackson: Heyheyhey.. *stops Youngji* Gwaenchana. I got it.

I blush as he picks up the books swiftly and places them in a stack behind me. Flustered, I play with my hands, subconsciously fixing my hair in the process, trying to fix the awkward encounter.

Youngji: So.. You work here?

Jackson: Yup, my stepfather owns the store. My brothers and I take turns helping out. Just your luck it happens to be my turn today huh? *chuckles*

I giggle subconsciously as he smiles, lightening the atmosphere in the process. We continue to chat as I help him move the books to the storeroom. He was easier to talk to compared to what I thought he was; cold and unresponsive. His reputation just didnt suite the guy right in front of me.

We were done in a flash, mostly because of Jackson though, He carried the heavy books with much more ease then I did unfortunately, so, lets just say I wasnt much of a help with me carrying a pile and struggling every third pile he carried with ease. By the end of it all, I was panting like a child with asthma while he had barely broken a sweat.

Jackson: *offers water* Here. Thanks for the help.

Youngji: *laughs* Like I was any to begin with.

He laughs, a deep, cheerful laugh that somehow managed to still make him look good.

Youngji: *notices wall clock* Ah! Is that the time? I need to go, my mom will kill me if Im late. *rushes out*

I race out of the store, barely stopping to wave a goodbye to JYP before I hop onto my bike. However, before I can start paddling, Jackson comes rushing out, stopping me.

Jackson: Hold up. I just wanna ask you something.

Youngji: *confused* Hmm?

Jackson: I was wondering, since youre new and all and you may not know the city well, maybe someday I can show you around..?

I was stun for a moment, blinking once, twice just to confirm it was true. From what I know through Hara, the boys, including Jackson, never dated anyone. So why was he asking me out?

Nevertheless, as the saying goes, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

Youngji: *grabs pen and paper from schoolbag and scribbles something down* *hands it to Jackson* Call me when you want to be my "tour guide".

With that I ride off, smiling as I hear a distant chuckle from Mr.WildAndy

 


HELLOOOOOOO

IM BACK! AND A NEW CHAPTER COMES WITH ME~~~ 

Im sosososososo sorry to all of you who have waited so long for this chapter as well as for making this chapter come out so late. A lot of has gone down these past few days and they have not been very good ones. Firstly, I caught a virus (which till this day I could not understand for the life of me what it was) which landed me in the hospital for a few days with wifi once every blue moon. Also, for those of you my age who have sat for their Olevels, I took my results a couple of weeks ago before I got sick and these past few weeks were filled with deciding where I was going and anxiously waiting the results (AGAIN). That and Ive also been working as a tuition teacher/babysitter for my niece and nephews.So sorry guys, Ive been incredibly busy but I hope all of you understand.

Also, to those who took their results together with me, I know its a bit late, but hope you guys are happy with them and good job! We've made it past the year of hell. Also, hope all of you get the course you want! FIGHTING! And to those who didnt get satisfactory results or those who thought you would do better but didnt, its ok. Failure isnt something that should pull you down. Use it to work towards a better goal. I know it may seem cliche for me to say it but Ive gone through how your feeling, we all have, and thats just my advice to you ;)

Ah ok thats it. Rather long sob story but back to the important stuff now shall we?

First of! The people on the note of fame today~~

@hana4lee : Thank you! I'll update ASAP~ Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting~ *forms heart shape over head* :D

@Bunny503 : Wait no further, chapter 4 is here! Hahahah~ Thank you for the comment! Hope you like the new chapter~ :*

And thats it. As usual, dont be shy to leave a comment cause I love reading your feedback!

There seems to be a bit of JackJi action this chapter and more in the next with the date coming up! Look forward to it yeah? :D

Also, Ive decided that 1) I use Also a lot and 2) I'll upload a new chapter every week on weekends. This is mainly because I have work on the weekdays and am basically not free to write. It makes it a tad bit easier now that theres a schedule for me to do this so I hope you guys will understand. Anyway, here was this week's chapter! 

See you guys next week either on Sat or Sun for the new chapter!!! :*

Love you my little bookworms~

Syarah <3

PS: HUGE QN! Anybody knows what a girl should call a man when they meet in Korean? Like when Youngji met JYP in this chapter, should she be calling him oppa or hyung or?? Please leave a comment to answer this I need your help!! <3