Meeting the future In-Laws Part 2

Immortal

Jackson's POV

My room's a mess and so is my mind, and dont get me started on whats on face and body. I am so not ready for this dinner. I sigh as I face my reflection. Tugging on my tie, I turn, rejecting another outfit for the night. I stare at the pile of rejected clothing on my bed as I drag my body towards it and lay down amongst the pile. Staring up at the ceiling, the hopelessness of the event sinks in as I ready myself for defeat.

Mark: Giving up already?

Jackson: *groans* Its impossible hyung. How was I suppose to do this anyway?

Bambam: Well, if it makes you feel any better, I saw the end of your date and it turned out well.

Jackson: Really?

Bambam: Well..

Jackson: *groans* I knew it. I'll up and everything will go wrong and I can never see Youngji ever again!

JB: You know, that wouldnt be so bad..

I growl. How typical of JB to be happy seeing me like this. Seeing the date go horrible wrong from the start. I squeeze my eyes shut. I want to hurt him. Hes the main reason Youngji still reluctant to continue what we have. Nevertheless, I also want him to see her in the light I see her. The light he used to see on someone else...

My thoughts are broken when I feel the bed shaking and a shirt falling on my face. I scramble up to see Mark and Bam searching through my rejected pile of clothes. The throw a pair at pants at me while Im still confused.

Jackson: What are you doing?

Mark: You want her, right?

Jackson: Wha-?

Mark: *stops searching* Just answer the question will you? *notices Jackson's still confused expression* You want HER. Youngji?!

Jackson: *snaps out of it* Y-yeah. Of course!

Mark: And you want this date to go right, right?

Jackson: Yeah but-

Mark: *kicks a pair of shoes towards Jackson* Then get dressed.

~~~~~

I get dressed in a hurry. How did I not see this combo? Im wearing a simple light green dress shirt with jeans. He accessorized it easily with a brown belt and the string bracelet Youngji gave me on one of our dates. Its not too formal nor too casual. Mark is a genius.

 

(A: This is what Jackson is wearing. I know its actually Mark in the picture but this outfit just looks wayyy too good :D )

I hurry down, putting my tan dress shoes in a rush. When I reach the kitchen, Im smiling, happy and more confident then ever. Im greeted by smiles, cheers and hollers from my brothers. I laugh as Mark hands me a bag of nicely wrapped packages. I recognize them immediately. In a rush after school, I ran down to the nearest mall and got Youngji's parents gifts, though I didnt have time to wrap them. I hug Mark tightly letting him feel my gratefulness as he chuckles and pushes me away, ruffling my hair in the process.

Jackson: *pouts* Heyyy dont touch the hair. Yugyeom worked hard on it. *winks and Yugyeom*

I laugh and down a cup of the red liquid before finally, leaving the house. However, after the door shuts and Im left standing on the porch alone, the nerves come crawling back. Can I really do this-

The door opens suddenly, shocking me from my thoughts. I turn as surprise fills my face. Standing at the doorway was the last person I expected to see.

JB: I um.. I just.......... Here.

He shoves a beautiful bouquet of flowers into my chest, a sheepish look in his eye. I dont know if Mark put him up to it or he himself chose to do this, nevertheless, I smile, knowing full well that we may hate each other some times but we were still brothers.

Jackson: Thanks man. You just saved me from a panic rush to the florist. *chuckles*

JB: *Half smiles* Yeah...... Look..

JB: I know I can be harsh and but you know Im just trying to protect you man. Youre my brother and thats never gonna change. You cant blame me for being a little bit careful. Plus, I dont want you to end up like how I did-

His voice cracks at the end. I can tell the incident still hurts him. The pain he went through, none of us could ever understand it. It was the type of pain no amount of therapy or time could heal. I place the boxes down and pull him to a tight hug.

Jackson: I love you man. Nothing will change that. Youre family. All of those bastards are *laughs*. But... I also love Youngji and thats not gonna change for a veryveryvery long time. *ruffles JB's hair*

He chuckles, pushing my hand away and playfully shoving me towards the car. He sighs as he leans against the doorway.

JB: Theres nothing I can do to change your mind is there?

I shake my head, knowing full well he knows the answer as well. He shakes his head in defeat but he's smiling and I know at least, hes gonna give her a chance. With that, he throws the car keys at me and I head over for a night of either hell or heaven.

~~~~

Jackson: *stuttering* Hell..Hello Mr... Mr.Heo- AISH

I slap myself to calm my nerves but it doesnt help. Ive been standing outside the front door for almost 15 mins. I check my watch. Im not late, thank god but I will be if I dont get my together! For the umpteenth time I consider the choice of leaving and just rescheduling the dinner. Excuses rush through my head. I caught a cold. No, to obvious. Stomach problems? She'll see right through it, she always does. What do I-

CRAP!

The door opens right in front of me as I scramble to look presentable. Luckily for me, its Youngji.

I heave a sigh of relief as she steps out and closes the door behind her.

I take one look at her and Im a stuttering mess. She looks beautiful as always, more if that was even possible. Her hair drapes over her shoulders beautifully. She rarely puts her hair like this. Most of the time its put up in a bun or a ponytail. I never realized how much more gorgeous she looked with it down. Shes wearing a white, long sleeved cotton dress matched with denim shorts and suddenly Im left thanking Mark a billion times that I didnt go with the suit.

 (A: What YOungji is wearing. Honestly love this style!)

Youngji: Youve been standing out here for 15 mins. I saw your shadow at the door. Why didnt you come in?

I try to make up an excuse. embarrassed by the fact that she knows Ive been stalling the inevitable. In the end I sigh, knowing full well that once again, shes seen right through me.

I run my hand through my hair, not making eye contact with her because Im just too embarrassed to. She grabs hold of my other hand and holds it tight. When I still dont look at her, she comes in, leaning her head against my chest and laces her hands around my waist. 

Youngji: *smiles* They'll love you. I know they will.

I kiss the top of her head, smiling. Her warmth gives me confidence. I love this girl and I would do anything for her, even if it means possible embarrassing myself in front of her parents.

Jackson: ..... Ok, lets go. *smiles* Im ready.

She smiles and kisses me once on the cheek before leading me into the house.

Youngji: Eomma! Appa! Jackson's here~

Instantly, a crash comes from the kitchen followed by a curse. We exchange worried glances before both of us rush into the kitchen to check out the damage.

Youngji's mom is cradling her hand, blood clearly oozing out from it. Shards of broken glass dangerously decorate the floor. I grab a towel from nearby and rush towards her, cradling her bleeding hand and putting pressure on it. The cut on her hand is deep but not too bad. I hear a gasp from the door as Youngji's father discovers the scene but Youngji handles him smoothly.

I treat her hand smoothly but the air is thick with tension. The first aid box was all the way upstairs and its just me and Youngji's mom now in the master bedroom, her hand neatly dressed. 

Jackson: *awkward* Well, its done... The bleeding shouldve stopped by now. Though I think you should go see a doctor about that cut..

She shifts uncomfortably and mumbles a thank you. She forces a smile on her face but her eyes tell a different story. Her eyes are filled with terror, almost as if shes seen a ghost. Now Im sure. Youngji's mom, shes afraid of me, for some odd reason. Nevertheless, I push it aside, not wanting to hurt my chances of ruining the dinner before it even starts.

We awkwardly exit the room, a thick sea of tension between us which, thankfully, Youngji senses and rushes to my aid.

Youngji: Eomma! Gwenchana???? *notices bandage* Wow! Jackson did a really good job-

Youngji's mom: *speaks quickly* Yesyes, he did. Lets.. Lets get dinner set shall we? *Scurries off*

I let go a huge breathe I didnt realise I was holding. Nevertheless, I shrug the totally awkward experience and lead my girlfriend to the dining table. Its now or never.

~~~~~

The dinner goes, surprisingly, well. There was nonstop chatter thanks to Youngji, even the awkward tension between me and her mom seemed to disappear with her cheery attitude. I grab her hand underneath the table, squeezing gentle so she knows I appreciate her lightening the atmosphere. Heck, even her dad likes me now with Youngji's help; impressed by my big involvement in fencing (his favorite sport, what are the odds!) as well as saving his wife hand with my impressive first aid skills.

I make it smoothly until desert where of course, something has to go wrong.

Youngji's dad: *laughs* And Im standing there just watching the damage unfold! God it was hilarious.. Here Jackson, *offers bottle* have one more drink!

I smile, politely taking the wine bottle from his hands. However, as Im moving back to my seat, my elbow hits the edge of the table, causing my hand to jerk up in pain and spill red wine ALL. OVER. MYSELF.

I jump up in surprise and in the process, knocking over my plate of food from the table. I move to grab the plate, successfully catching it before it falls onto the floor. I hear a gasp from above and cold sweat trickles down my forehead. Did I move too fast? CRAP

I need to control this situation. I take in a deep breath and calm my beating heart. I slowly get up, placing the plate on the table. I scan theyre faces fast but the results shock me. Youngji's father is merely a bit shocked, in fact his face shows one of fascination. Youngji just merely looks worried. Its Youngji's mother who looks mostly pale and shocked. 

Youngji's father: Well.. You must have trained really hard at fencing to have such fast reflexes boy! *chuckles* 

Im taken aback but I smile nevertheless before excusing myself to the bathroom.

I rush towards the bathroom, locking the door behind me quickly before checking the damage in the mirror. Luckily for me, the wine only managed to do a lot of damage on my sleeve, nearer to the bottle during the incident. There was only tiny splatters of red on my chest, nevertheless, my sleeve is completely drenched in a different colour from the rest of the shirt. I strip myself from the shirt, wetting the sleeve and hoping to get most of the red out in the shortest time possible. Nevertheless, my mind races with Youngji's mother's reaction. I didnt move that fast. If not, Youngji and her dad would have noticed. So why was Youngji's mother so shocked? Her expression was as if something completely terrible had been confirmed. Like someone being diagnosed with cancer, but worse.

3 delicate knocks on the door distract me from my thoughts. I hold up my shirt and accept my defeat. The sleeve is completely drenched and to make it worse, the red stain just seemed to get worse. I open the door as, instantly, she gasp, noticing the damage.

Youngji: Omo.. Thats bad..

Jackson: I cant go down like this. At least not in that!

Youngji: Hey~ Its ok. I have a shirt of yours though its not... very.. formal?

She brings one of my favorite shirts from behind her back. I remember giving it to her when I snuck into her bedroom for a surprise date last two week. I mentally make a note to give her more shirts just in case I spill more red wine near her parents ever again.

I kiss her cheek swiftly, thanking her in the process before pulling the shirt over my head. Sure its not formal but its better than walking around with one damp sleeve.

We head down hand in hand, my confident now at an all time low. Her parents are gathered in the living room, her mom, as usual, uncomfortable the moment I enter the room whereas her dad completely relaxed. Youngji squeezes my hand in support and lead me to the empty loveseat.

Youngji: Umm.. Jackson, didnt you say you had some gifts for my parents?

Jackson: Um yeah! Here, *passes presents to both parents*

Jackson: *nervous* *notices Youngji's dad opening his present* Youngji told me you never had a proper briefcase to hold all your documents so I bought one for you and for eomoni, *sees her opening her present* Youngji told me that you dont really wear jewelry but I saw that bracelet in the shop window and I thought it was a good gift....

Youngji's father thanks me gratefully, even Youngji's mother forces a smile on her face as she  places the bracelet on her hand. My confidence shoots up a great deal, knowing full well I hadnt ruined everything yet.

The night flew by with us chatting nonstop until finally, it was time for me to go and trust me, I couldnt be happier that it ended. I mean, I love hanging out with the future in laws but lets never do this shall we?

I say my brief goodbyes before Youngji leads me to the front door. I let out a sigh of relief before facing her one last time before I go. Shes smiling from ear to ear, causing me to chuckle and kiss her lightly, but passionately, on her lips. When we break apart, I say,

Jackson: Go up to your room in 10 ok, *smiles slyly*

I walk away swiftly but after she closes the door, I take a sharp left, climbing over her fence and into her backyard. I creep around the house to the back until finally, Im at the tree leading to her balcony window. Ive done this before, so I climb swiftly and easily, partly because of my immortal strength. Nevertheless, I climb slowly, stretching out my time so I dont have to wait too long in the cold. I reach her balcony with 5 mins to spare, open the window and climb in and set everything up.

She enters the bedroom exactly on time and I greet her with a kiss, a longer and more passionate kiss then the one we had at the front door. When we break apart, I move aside to show her my surprise.

She gasp as she notices the bouquet of roses on the bed next to a small rectangular box.

Jackson: You really think I forgot about your present tonight did you? *takes box and hands it to Youngji*

Youngji: *opens the box* *gasp* Jackson..... Its beautiful...


 (A: Youngji's locket. I wanted a heart but omg this looked amazingggggg!)

She lifts the necklace out of its box. It glistens in the light as the small heart shaped locket shimmers. I smile as the nerves of whether she would like it or not changes to pure happiness. I take the necklace from her and delicately fix it around her neck. It looked beautiful against her skin. When I finish fastening it to her neck, she turns and throws her arms around me, kissing me hard and passionately. I respond quickly, loving her lips on mine. We stay like that for a while, smiling in between kisses. Somehow we make it onto the bed, staring lovingly into each others eyes as I slowly her face. 

Youngji: I love you...

Jackson: *smiles* And I love you

We kiss once more before she cuddles into me and falls into a deep sleep.


HELLOOOOOO~~~

Finally,  a not so late chapter HAHAHA. But good news!!! I have a new laptop! One to call my own~~~ So finally, I dont have to share the laptop with my mom so expect (maybe I dont know Im horrible at this ><) more chapters on time??? Ahhhhhh I dont knowwwww Im horrible Im sorry

But at least I write good chapters right?? ..... Im horrible. ":))

Anywayyy,

@Bunny503: Thank youuuu and I will! Thank you for reading and thinking this is just as good as reality HAHAHHA XD

@Ailyldiaz: Omo dont cry~~~ Gwenchana my lovely bookwarm! Thank you for your concern though :') I didnt know if the chapter was too heavy so I wanted to explain why it was so. Hope youre still reading though HAHAH XD

@Jxin1016: Moohahahaha~ You will know very soon as to why shes so nervous! hahah But thank you for the compliment! Keep reading yeah~ :*

Thank you all for the comments~ I love reading and replying to them! Also, how cute was Jackji in this chapter?? Like yayyy why isnt this realllll?????

Anyway, I shall not make this too long or else you may get bored hahah~ Dont forget to leave a comment, its free :**

Ok im so random today god stop me

DUBYEEEEE MY LITTLE BOOKWORMS~ LOVE YA

- Syarah <3