Family Fiend

Immortal

A: Im sure all f you have read the chapter by now but I just wanted to put it out there that I wanted this chapter to go out on time and therefore I didnt have time to proofread and edit it. Sorry for all the gross spelling mistakes! Ive edited it now so at least, if you guys decide to reread it, it doesnt contain any mistakes~


Youngji's POV

The silence in the waiting room is deafening. I sit with my hands clenched so hard they turn white and cold sweat pouring down my face. My eyes are bloodshot and raw from the endless tears and my throat sore from screaming. How did it end up like this? Why did I let this happen? 

Jackson...

The silence is broken by my sobs as a fresh batch of tears escapes and rolls down my cheeks and my body begins to tremble in both panic and fear. A whimper escapes from my lips as the thought of Jackson crosses my mind. Ive been waiting for what seemed like hours. Where are the doctors????

The white wall in the waiting room is driving my crazy. The waiting time is too long and it feels like the room is closing in on me. Worry fills my body as it clenches onto my heart. A nurse approaches me again with another look of pity and worry, this time holding a cup of water. I look away not wanting to make eye contact as she closes in and places a hand on my shaking shoulder.

Nurse: Here, *offers water* drink this. He'll be fine-

I cut her off, taking the water, drinking it down in a shot and shoving it back to her, not trusting my voice to tell her to off. I cant handle socializing right now. Not until I know Jackson is fine.

Thankfully, she takes the hint, walking away with the empty cup in hand. She watches me from afar but doesnt approach me anymore which I silently thank her for.

Another hour passes as I watch the clock strike midnight. Yet no news from anyone of how Jackson is doing. Im just sitting her in the waiting room, watching the hands on the clock slowly tick by and slowly going insane. I turn my head again, facing the door they wheeled Jackson into, hoping and praying somebody would come out of it and give me good news but again, my prayers are futile.

Suddenly, a group of men burst through the doors. Seeming like they just jumped out of a fiction book, I know instantly that its Jackson's stepbrothers and stepfather.

I watch as they easily charm the nurses into telling them where Jackson is. The nurses, obviously charmed, breaks every protocol known to men just to please the boys. Typical.

I dont have the energy to get up and greet them, nor do I want to. I cant face them right now knowing Im the reason theyre called her in the first place. Im the reason Jackson got shot in the first place..

Just the thought of it happening. The gun firing. The bullet passing through him. The blood.. Oh my god.. The blood.

I spent an hour scrubbing my hands raw yet I could still see the blood on them. The crimson red blood..

I bury my face in my hands, shaking through my tears. I feel a hand lay on my shoulders but for once, I dont push away. The hand isnt of one of the nurses but is bigger, more firm. I feel another pair tear my hands away from my face but my eyes are shut. I cant face them now. I cant face their worried faces knowing Im the guilty one.

???: *calmly* Look at me.

His voice is enticing. Almost enchanting me to open my eyes but the guilt in me is stronger. I shake my head furiously and look down. I still havent open my eyes but I can feel them stare at me. 

The man doesnt speak again, instead he envelops my shaking hands in his. A whimper escapes my lips as I finally give in. Opening my eyes to face the kind man. His face a calm, collected sculpture but his eyes full of worry. Tears run down my cheeks like a waterfall as I try to explain what happened in between my sobs.

He shushes me, nodding in understanding. He's hurting but he knows I am too. I cant help crying more with his calm demeanor. I look around at all their faces, each one a calm feature plastered on their faces with their eyes full of worry while avoiding my gaze.

Youngji: *stammers* Why.. Why arent you screaming at me? Blaming me for.. for all of this??

JYP: *looks kindly at Youngji* Because whats the point my dear? Youre not the one who pulled the trigger-

Youngji: BUT IM THE REASON HE GOT SHOT! IM THE REASON WHY HE'S HERE! I just....

I realize Im standing. Ive completely lost it. The guilt eating at me from the inside.

I wanted them to scream at me.

I wanted them to blame me.

I wanted all of this so at the very least, I could just let the blame eat me out like it should. But their acceptance.. It confused me more than it should..

Youngji: Im sorry-

Im cut off by a doctor exiting the cursed room. I spin around as he approaches me, hesitating after seeing the number of people in the room.

Doctor: Um.. May I please know who all of you are-

Youngji: How is he? Is he OK? What happened-

I was cut off by a hand on my shoulder. JYP's kind eyes looked down onto me, telling me to let him ask the questions instead.

JYP: Im his father. How is he?

Doctor: Ah ok. Mr. Wang is doing fine. It took a while to extract the bullet and there was an infection with the rustiness of the bullets. Nevertheless, we have extracted it and taken care of the wound. He should make a full recovery in about a month of so.

The tension couldnt have left any sooner. Breaths of relief were let out by everyone in the room. I smiled for the first time in hours as I could physically feel my heart slow down and the panic leave me all at once.

I stand aside as the doctor leads the overjoyed brothers and father to the room. Silently standing alone, watching the noisy bunch hugging and racing into the room, I couldnt help but smile and think about what would have been if Jackson hadnt pull through.

I turn, wanting to leave seeing as Jackson wouldnt want to see me ever again anyway. But as I nearing the exit, I feel two pair of eyes pulling me back. I turn to see both Mark and Bambam standing behind me.

Mark: Why are you leaving?

Youngji: *flustered* Um.. Its just.. I guessed Jackson wouldnt want to see me so..

Bambam: Are you kidding? He definitely wants to see you. Youre the one person he wants to see.

Youngji: *blushes* How do you know that?

Mark: *scoffs* Lets just say we know our brother better than you. Why dont you just hang out around the waiting room first. I think he'll want to meet you privately anyway.

I blush beet red as the two boys rush to return back to their family. I hesitate before finally returning to my seat again in the waiting room.

~~~~~

Its one in the morning before finally, the boys file out of the room. I dont mind the wait though. They needed to talk to their brother and who am I to stop them from doing so. I stifle a yawn as one by one they file out.

Unfortunately, my tiredness didnt save me from the glares I got from JB and JR and the scowl from both Yugyeom and Youngjae. I dont blame them though. They have to blame someone for the incident and if that someone is me then..

So be it.

Finally, Mark and Bambam file out, patting me on the back as they leave, indicating that I could enter now.

My heart rate picks up as I stand and wipe my eyes from the tiredness. I fix my hair slightly before finally entering the room.

The sterile smell hits me before anything else, making me cough before entering. I feel his gaze on me the moment I opened the door. Blushing, I turn to close the door, staring at the door in nervousness for slightly longer than I should.

I hear him chuckle at me before I finally turn around and make my way towards his bed. His wound on his left shoulder is wrapped up nicely in white bandages, leaving me with a slight sense of relief.

Jackson: *smiles* Hey...

Youngji: *smiles slightly* Hey.. Hows your shoulder?

Jackson: Sore but I'll survive.. *worried* You look terrible though. How long have you been waiting?

Youngji: oh just the whole night but its fine *smiles*

Jackson: *laughs* Im glad you can still joke around after tonight. Some date huh..

Youngji: Definitely unforgettable.

He smiles before readjusting his shoulder and wincing in pain. My heart cant help but break seeing him in pain. A pained expression appears on my face but I try and hide it though he sees it before I can.

Jackson: Hey.. Im fine. Trust me. It takes more than a bullet to tear Mr.WildAndy down. 

I laugh unknowingly. A somewhat foreign feeling after not doing so in so many hours.

Youngji: *Smiles* I dont think we'll have a second one though.

Jackson: *pouts* why not?

Youngji: Cause your brothers dont like me.

Jackson: *smiles* Well then, em. I like you. Isnt that enough.

I blush and hit him playfully on his unwounded shoulder as he chuckles away. I smile, a content one but a part of me feels uneasy.

Can I really still date him despite he's brothers hating me?


Hello~~~ 

Ah! A chapter on time HAHAHAH.

But first!

@qilahz: Hello my dear ol friend. I feel like we're friends now after replying each other many times. HAHAHA.But anyways, yup the boys have powers but Im not revealing them all yet. (Wheres the fun in that right? (; ) Future chapters will slowly reveal each boy's power so continue reading to find out all of them aites XD And yayyy you dont have to wait too long for this chapter hahahha! Enjoy~~

@mrvnrky: One, nice username. Very unique and two, thank you for your comment!! Im glad you enjoy my story so much~ I'll try and stick my schedule for updating so yeah~~ See you next week (hopefully) for a new chapter!!

@Bunny503: HAHAH thank you! I like replying to comments. Authors who interact with their readers are the best to me so I try to be one of them as well. And trust me, I laughed as well writing about Mr. BigAndUgly. XD And again, glad my story became somewhat awesome! Im reallyreally happy you enjoy it so much! Hope you enjoy the new chapter~ Stay Cute! ;))

@Jxin1016: well, you are down right amazing! HAHAH! Im glad you like the concept. It took me so long to asign their powers (you lit have no idea how long T~T ) Anyway, thank you for being such a lovely reader! Seriously happy that my story is something you can reread over and over again and not just something you read once and leave it be. Youve lit made my day. Saranghae!! <3 *holds heart over head cause your worth it*

@Gemma- : Hahaha, I try and alternate between POVs cause some chapters suite Jackson and some suite Youngji so yeah! And yup, everybody has a weakness right ;D Anyway, hope you enjoyed the new chapter!!

Wahhhh~ You guys are amazing. This has got to be the most Ive replied as well as the best. Thank you all seriously from the bottom of my heart to the top of it (I guess, I tried to make a joke Im sorry I failed). Your comments at the end of the day are the ones that make me even more motivated to write so keep em coming XDD

Anyway, this chapter's slightly longer cause it means a lot to me. I think most of you dont know this but I lost my father last year (unexpectedly) to a heart attack and though this chapter isnt anything like what happened in my life, the feelings in it are the same to how I felt in the ICU while they were trying to resuscitate him long enough for us to say our goodbyes. A part of me blamed myself for what happened just as much as Youngji blamed herself for letting Jackson get shot because the blood clot (that was at his leg) that clogged my father's vein that caused the heart attack was able to get to the vein in the first place because I constantly massaged his leg unknowingly, making it move up faster. The feeling of wanting someone to blame me for everything is still kinda raw so yeah :") 

Im not really sure why Im sharing this with you guys but I just wanted to open up about the inspiration for the situation in this chapter. 

Anyway, love your family, Happy (early) Chinese New Year to those who celebrate it and see you guys next week for the new chapter!

Love you my little bookworms!

Syarah <3