Jinyoung

I Wish that I can See the World through Your Eyes

Sunwoo started his monday morning right. He dropped by his favorite cafe for his usual morning coffee beofre heading off to work. It was surprising how he managed to start showing off a warm smile to his employees every time he enters the building. He even greets the members of the board with an energetic wave despite the fact that they hated one another but Sunwoo isn’t the mood to snark back because there’s been one special person making him all shaky, and happy, and feel like a sweet le honey at the same time that flashing an evil cuss would just spoil how Junghwan lingers in his mind all the time. He rather let Junghwan stay in his mind rather than focus the evil stares and harsh comments from the members of the board.

He entered the elevator and smiled a small smile on everyone, who replied with an uneasy smile. Now, it’s only been a month since Junghwan and him had pronounced their small like-feeling for one another; only a month and Sunwoo’s acting like a tangy doofus and no one dares mentioning how he had changed because they like this side of Sunwoo even though it creeps them out, at times. Well, most of the times, actually.

He’s extra happy this morning as the elevator climbs up. Last night was exceptionally wonderful—a night between him and Junghwan. It’s been a month and having Junghwan as a boyfriend never felt any better. They spent their entire day yesterday hanging out in Junghwan’s apartment and feasted on a big pint of vanilla ice cream while listening to old vinyls. It was a different kind of afternoon but Sunwoo didn’t mind. It may sounded so cheesy but sure he didn’t mind as long as Junghwan’s with him. But, okay, it did sound so cheesy and that’s why he’s not going to spill his Sunday with anyone, even if they’ll torture him to tell.

They've been, most especially in his part, so busy with work and just managed to spend yesterday a day together basking in their love. You can call it their first decent hang out and Sunwoo really liked staying in Junghwan’s apartment. The cozy and inviting atmosphere, the old records, the amazing Braille books and not to mention the king-sized bed for a small and thin man like Junghwan; Sunwoo enjoyed all of them. And he enjoyed those little kisses, the touches and fingertips caressing his palms, arms and skin every time Junghwan can. Not to mention, the snuggles and shy embraces they share in that king-sized bed.

He smiled to himself like a total goofball before furrowing his eyebrows upon seeing Jinyoung’s figure on one of the couches. He closed the door and went to his desk to place his bag and approached Jinyoung to the centre of his office, who was so serious and all, and sat across him.

Jinyoung looked strung yet managed to express a cool presence. He scanned around the room and he didn’t remember seeing Gongchan or asking Jinyoung to meet them this early in the morning. Sunwoo thought the two fought and he wanted to throw a simple joke when Jinyoung cleared his throat and looked at him from his phone.

“Sunwoo,” Jinyoung began as he sat up straight and looked at him intently. “I’ve been meaning to ask you this.”

Sunwoo didn’t like the sound of his voice but he still listened carefully and held onto his paper cup. He sipped through his coffee and looked at his doctor friend.

“Do you want Junghwan to see again?” he croaked and definitely that’s a yes or maybe a no, clearly, he doesn't know. But he remained still and for a moment he gazed at Jinyoung’s serious face with such uncertainty. Without a doubt he would want that but would Junghwan liked that too? What would he say? Sunwoo didn’t know the answer to that. He could assume but he guessed that it’ll be futile. He thought, is that even possible? Will Junghwan really be able to see again?

 

 

Junghwan was practicing for his performance tonight while he’s listening to song selections he decided to acquit oneself of tonight. He grasped the cane tightly and stood up as he started boggling his way out the staff room and went searching for Dongwoo to eat their lunch.

When he approached the bar, his phone rang and he sat down to the nearest chair he can feel and grabbed the phone in his jacket. He searched for the call button with the dots and placed it against his ear.

“Yeoboseyo?”

Junghwan smiled and blushed lightly. It’s been a week and he still can’t get over the fact that he’s actually dating Sunwoo who he haven’t seen and haven’t really, well, yeah, seen. Yet, he fell for him just like how his eomma fell for Kyuhyun-appa and he smiles every time he recalls the kiss they shared in their house. He still gets giddy like a teenager girl, swooning over Sunwoo’s voice.

“Today?” he repeated and he heard Sunwoo reply nervously.

“It’s okay, I understand. Don’t get too pumped about it,” he chirped assuringly.

He heard footsteps coming towards him and he motioned his face to feel the presence of the man. Dongwoo laid an affirming hand and Junghwan smiled at the touch.

“I’ll meet you later then,” Junghwan told at the other line and he sort of felt silly for saying that he’ll meet Sunwoo later when technically he can’t see Sunwoo later or will he ever see Sunwoo again because the last time he checked, he will never see again. He closed his phone and charily placed it back in the pocket of his jacket and Dongwoo helped him on his feet.

“Was it Sunwoo?” Dongwoo asked and Junghwan nodded before poking the cane on the ground and latching his in Dongwoo’s.

“He said he can’t make it to lunch today,” Junghwan replied as Dongwoo guided him on one of the tables with their lunch. “I told him we can meet later, tonight.”

Then it just hit him, what if he can actually see again? What if he can actually and finally see Sunwoo? Oh how wonderful that would be.

 

 

It was never Jinyoung’s type, or it was never his type to pity people because he’s just never the type. He’s the cool medicine student who eats chips all the times back in college. He turned a long list of girls and not to mention boys who wanted to ask help from him or even a nice eat out.

Gongchan eyed him straightforwardly from the other chair and Sunwoo leaned against his chair, finding comfort and ease in the quietude all three of them share.

Sunwoo had finished his third meeting by lunch and Gongchan had arrived back from the shipping port from fixing deals and checking their ships. Jinyoung stayed in Sunwoo’s office the entire morning, reading through articles on his phone and studying a small medicine book as he isolated himself inside. Sunwoo’s secretary would drop by to offer juice or coffee and he would just smile a quick smile as reply.

“What made you think that?” Sunwoo asked toying with the water droplets outside his glass of water. “I mean is it really possible?” he can’t hide the thrill and happiness in his voice yet he’s still uncertain on this one would be.

Jinyoung looked at Gongchan then to Sunwoo after heaving out a heavy sigh. “I actually don’t know, but it might. I mean, there’s a high possibility.” He replied wanting to assure and tell them that it will be all right.

He’d find it interesting and indubitably wonderful, just thinking about him seeing again is irrefragable beyond compare and Sunwoo agreed that it would be for the best. Yet, what would Junghwan think? Would he agree on this and what are the details about this crazy plan?

“Do you think he’ll agree?” Gongchan muttered as he smiled, delighted seeing their meals arrive in big full trays. “I mean, remember when he told us he doesn’t want to burden eomma and appa that’s why he decided to live on his own?”

Jinyoung nodded as he shove fries in his mouth and rested his elbows on the table. Sunwoo gazed at him and he recalled it all too perfectly well. Sure he can persuade him to say yes or whatever antics he can think off might actually work but that’s beside the point. What concerned him more is the fact whether it’ll work or not because he didn’t want risking Junghwan’s hopes in a illusion. And he thought again for some time, can he really, actually, really, really persuade Junghwan into this?

“It’s called stem cell jab,” Jinyoung explained and two of his best friends listened keenly. “It’s been done in United Kingdom and Dubai for some years now and it works; provided of course with proper and 3 years therapy, rehab and, medications.

“It started as a study back in the years for old blind people. Then soldiers who managed it luckily back from war with severed sight tried stem cell jab and they can all see again. It’s a month preparation and years of rehabilitation. But it works. We can make it work.”

Gongchan looked optimistic about it and Sunwoo—sure he looked happy about it too, but how on earth will he explain it to Junghwan? And wait, what? Three years of therapy?

“What do you think, Sunwoo? I would like to take him with me.”

“Are you sure about this?” Sunwoo croaked as reponse.

Jinyoung placed his burger down and laid his eyes on Sunwoo seriously. He knew that Sunwoo’s worried and nervous because they don’t even know if he they can make Junghwan agree on this crazy idea. But he smiled at Sunwoo comfortingly and Sunwoo frowned at the will and seriousness Jinyoung is showing him.

“I don’t know but I just wish I can do something for you and Junghwan.” Jinyoung explained. It’s only been a short time but he had to admit that he’d never seen Sunwoo so bright and happy again. It’s only been a short time and Sunwoo had smiled fully again after two years losing his dad. He knew how stressful his job is and he knew too, that Sunwoo’s too young for such tension and all he wanted is to help Sunwoo in any best way he can. And lending a hand to Junghwan would be the best thing he can think of.

He knew Junghwan had an enthralling effect on him and he wanted to do Sunwoo and Junghwan, not to mention Sungmin and Kyuhyun, a favour by helping Junghwan see and bring back all the wonderful memory the sense of sight can bring to him.

“How does it work?” Gongchan asked as he loosened his neck tie and just managed to elucidate all of Jinyoung’s explanation. “You’re not going to bump his head on the wall or something like that, right?” He announced innocently and Sunwoo looked at him wanting to hit him with the empty plate on the near table he laid his eyes on.

“I am not kidding! I read from an article on net that there’s this woman, and she's been blind forever, and then she accidentally hit her head on the coffee table. She start seeing again.” He explained quite seriously in between bites and the older pals gazed at him in silence.

“Start seeing things if you ask me,” Sunwoo replied as he let out a chuckle. Gongchan laughed in return and shove food in his mouth. He swallowed quickly and stared back to Jinyoung.

“When do you plan on leaving?” Gongchan asked and Jinyoung gazed back at him.

“My dad wishes me to leave in two weeks. I haven’t told him about my intentions. He just want me to come back to Dubai soon to help around.” Jinyoung replied as he took a gulp of his drink and sigh at Sunwoo’s more serious face.

“I’m not forcing you to do this,” Jinyoung elucidated. “It’s just…it’s just a pity he had to deal with this and I want his parents to be happy again.”

“You sure like eomma and appa,” Gongchan commented absent-mindedly again in between spoonfuls and his two best friends looked at him like he’s a five-year old kid eating cotton candy.

“Who is?” Sunwoo asked, perplexed at the sudden comment.

“Jinyoungiiee is,” Gongchan replied and Jinyoung raised a brow.

“I do?”

Gongchan nodded as he gulped his water and looked at Sunwoo who’s smiling at that. Sunwoo thought that he wouldn’t go so much efforts if he don’t like Sungmin and Kyuhyun and surely, he likes Junghwan too because who in the right mind would do such thing? so he began to ponder.

“This is not some crazy charity project right? You’re not in trouble are you?” Sunwoo interrogated and Jinyoung flinched at his question.

“No!” he defended abruptly and Gongchan threw fits of laughter.

“Charity work? Nice one Sunwoo!” the youngest of them added and Jinyoung poked his side before ruffling his locks in his thin slender fingers.

“I just want to help.” And Sunwoo knows he really just want to help.

Sunwoo stared at him and thought that he wanted the same. He wanted what’s best for Junghwan and what he can do to make his parents smile truthfully again because they know Junghwan can see again.

“I know. J-just give me time,” Sunwoo replied and he started getting frantic because how on earth can he convince Junghwan that soon? And what would he feel being left here? He just shoved a spoonful of rice in his mouth unable to think at all. And should he tell Kyuhyun all about this? How will they take this in? He ditched away all thoughts running needlessly in his mind and looked at Jinyoung and then to Gongchan who were smiling at him kindly, reassuring him with care and fondness.

 

 

He sang a beautiful acoustic rendition of Beautiful Night and Sunwoo sat by the bar as he listened to the deep sultry voice from the performer. He figured that Kyuhyun had been the reason why he sings so spectacularly and Sunwoo can’t help but admire him more. He can’t help but be enthralled with the syllables rolling in his tongue all so ritzy and how it reverberates in his room, filling it with wonderful sounds and hymns from his smooth and powerful voice.

And every time he watches Junghwan sing, he can’t deny that he’s falling for him more. They’ve known each other for months now and they’ve been dating for a month already and surely everything is going smoothly well but can he really have the guts to ask such a sensitive thing? Can he really convince Junghwan and not hurt his feelings?

He knew it. He should’ve asked Kyuhyun and Sungmin about this before telling this to Junghwan but Junghwan would feel bad about it too. He would’ve felt tricked and Sunwoo won’t like that just as much being rejected with all good intentions he wanted to prove to Junghwan.

Sunwoo practically drowned himself into his house blend iced tea and with his worries because he didn’t realize that Junghwan had stopped performing and is now walking towards him. Dongwoo nudged him on the head when he blinked and looked at Junghwan’s figure approaching him. He smiled and never he felt more nervous in his entire life. He thought that this is even more nerve-wrecking compared to the conversation he shared with Kyuhyun the last time.

“Junghwan,” Sunwoo began and Junghwan’s face brightened up. Some young indie band started playing jazz in the background and Dongwoo helped to serve around, leaving them alone.

“Are you done?” Sunwoo asked and he absent-mindedly rubbed the back of his neck as he stood there watching Junghwan beamed at him. He gulped and thought that this would be definitely difficult than he had imagined.

Junghwan nodded and Sunwoo stepped near to place a chaste kiss on his lips before pulling his hand in his. “You sang well.” Sunwoo tried soothing himself because he's definitely acting like a tree there, unable to process words in his head. Junghwan leaned near against his touch blushing slightly at that.

Sunwoo decided that he’ll have to rehearse on this one first and fast.