Date

I Wish that I can See the World through Your Eyes

“Ow! Ouch! That hurts!” Sunwoo exclaimed loudly as Gongchan put ointment on his bruised knuckles. Gongchan ignored him and covered the wound with bandage and stripped it carefully around the fingers.

“I told you not to get into trouble,” Gongchan hissed and Sunwoo winced at the vile words and the way his secretary sheathe his hand, quite musingly at that. “And still, you did. Seriously Sunwoo, when will you ever listen?”

“I listen,” Sunwoo muttered absentmindedly as he put one marshmallow in his mouth. “I listen to dad.”

Gongchan looked at him with crestfallen eyes. He closed the first aid kit and stayed properly on the chair beside his boss. He fought the urge to rub his temples upon seeing Sunwoo entering the building smiling like a dumb and covering his knuckles in his coat.

He was eyeing him the entire meeting and trying his best to help Sunwoo scan through the files and presenting the report while covering the bruises and the wound. He tried to stop rolling his eyes every time Sunwoo would look at him, asking for assistance. What happened to him anyway? At least, there’s only little damage done, no face wounds and scratches. Hopefully.

“Anyway, you still did good in the meeting awhile ago. You behaved and the board members’ liked your presentation-“

“Do you think I can take the rest of the day?” Sunwoo cut him and leaned against the chair while looking out the window.

Gongchan looked at him with furrowed eyebrows and sat up straight. He grabbed his clipboard and studied his schedule for a while. “You have a lunch-date with the daughter of the port.”

But even before Gongchan could reason him out, Sunwoo was getting up, decided that he’ll take the rest of the day. He wore his coat, grabbed his keys and started heading for the door when he felt a hand on his shoulder stopping him. He looked around and Gongchan looked at him worried.

“Where are you going?”

“Nowhere,” Sunwoo explained, turning the knob and half-opening it. “I just need to go see someone.”

“You’re not in trouble are you?” Gongchan asked, grasping on his shoulder tightly.

Sunwoo flashed a wide smile and shook his head, “I am not. Will you, just…for today, please?”

Gongchan can’t even argue when Sunwoo smiles because he only smiles when something wonderful had happened to him or if it is his dad and him doing something together. And definitely, it’s not his dad. Gongchan fell back and nodded at him.

“Okay, but how about your lunch-date?” he asked.

Sunwoo tapped his shoulder while adding, “Just crossdress into me or something.” He dashed out the room whit a half smirk half smile and Gongchan glared at him.

“I don’t crossdress like that!”

--

He turned around at the last corner and parked at the same place he pulled at last night. He scanned through the area and found that it was an old abandoned basketball court beside the pub. Sunwoo got out and slid the keys in his pocket after locking it.

“Wow,” one man said behind him and he turned around. “That’s an Audi sedan S7.”

Sunwoo stared at the man in black and white penguin-like uniform and scanned him from head to toe. “Uh, yeah?” Sunwoo replied.

“What made you drop by? You’re not going to buy our place are you?” the man asked, shifting his weight from head to toe while carrying two big trash bags. Sunwoo looked at him confused but ignored it anyway and shook his head while thinking of how to cut the conversation and get away from it.

“Thank goodness! I thought you’re from the realtor company trying to buy the place,” the man dashed him his wide smile and beaming eyes behind his glasses. He’s wearing a ponytail to neat out his long locks.

“I’ll get going then,” Sunwoo tried to excuse himself and turned around before the waiter can pry on him even more. He dashed quickly and tried to look for the pub he ate out last night. He was correct that it would be open even on daytime. He entered the pub and wasn’t even surprised to find out few people inside dining.

There weren’t jazz band or a singer performing on stage but just plain background music from the speakers around the tavern. He looked for some decent place to sit and decided to vacate one table with couch chairs. The same lady from last night approached her and he decided to settle for buttered chicken and potato salad. He slouched on the couch and wandered his eyes around the area.

It was well-lit dining pub designed with maroon and purple shades of curtain and white table clothes. There’s a bar area at one side of the tavern and the stage’s located at one corner across the entrance. He’s located on the opposite side of the bar, near the stage. He was waiting for someone to pop out the stage or anywhere for that matter when a voice startled him.

“Ah, so you’re a customer,” came the voice and Sunwoo looked at him. He stared at him with raised eyebrows. The waiter poured wine in his glass and he just gazed back, not giving any emotion but then he asked, “Aren’t there any performers?”

The waiter handed down the glass and he beamed at him. “There will be, Sandeul will be singing in just a little while. Do you want to request for a song?”

And did he just felt a little relieved? He shook his thoughts and tried to calm his heart about to turn erratic.

“My name’s Dongwoo and I’ll be serving you. I’ll bring your order soon. So can I take a message for Sandeul?” Dongwoo asked and Sunwoo looked lost. The CEO had never felt so nervous in his entire life. Message? What message? Uh hi! I’ve been wanting to see you again, can I ask you out? That kind of message? Is that it?

“Uh, sir?”

Sunwoo snapped back to his senses and blamed the wine for all thoughts running in his head. It’s definitely the wine. Definitely the wine.

“Message?”

Dongwoo nodded, carrying the tray with the bottle of wine on it. “Song request?”

Sunwoo swallowed, ah that kind of message. Well, yeah sure. He can handle that kind of message.

“Any song will be fine,” he replied instead because he can’t think of a song and he just won’t like to embarrass himself even more. The waiter nodded and turned his heels to assist some girls who entered the pub and asked for some drinks.

He waited and for a moment, the wine seemed to interest him more than the empty stage but all things turned when the background music turned to piano keys being pressed ever lightly and the lights on the stage dimmed slowly. He find himself smiling behind the glass and the singer popped from the left. He was astonished at how everything seems to work perfectly fine for Sandeul without even the sense of sight and truly, the guy is a beauty. Sunwoo broke the intense staring when Dongwoo came back, bringing his order and filling in another round of wine.

“Hey, I have a request now,” Sunwoo muttered, trying his best to hide the blush. Dongwoo beamed and leaned closer.

He nodded and sauntered towards the singer. Sandeul peered down, holding the microphone stand to support him and Dongwoo held him by the arm. He bit on his chicken and saw the singer nodded and smiled. He blushed to himself and choked into the potatoes next. Quickly, he seized the glass and drown himself in wine. How can he look so perfect behind that smile?

“This song is for the man on the couch with potatoes and chicken,” Sandeul said shyly, “How to Live Like a Man.” Sunwoo tried to look away from the giggling girls. Of all descriptions, really? But he waved it away and basked into the wonderful voice while munching on his potatoes and chicken and drinking his wine. This is one of perfect wonderful reasons of life to smile at.

Incredibly wonderful.

--

It was after lunch time when Sandeul had called for his off and Sunwoo applauded alone. Sandeul smiled and strode backstage and Sunwoo smiled, feeling all proud and ecstatic and a bit stupid.

He called for Dongwoo and the waiter approached him with his warm smile. “Yes sir?”

“I was wondering if I can ask for Sandeul?”

Dongwoo looked at him and raised his eyebrows, “Certainly…” he replied cleaning up the plates and offering him a glass of water.

Minutes later, Sandeul appeared with a cane guiding him towards Sunwoo’s table and Sunwoo gulped the lump forming in his throat. He wiped the water droplets from the corner of his lips and sat up straight. Dongwoo fixed the chair and helped Sandeul sit across Sunwoo. Sunwoo smiled and Dongwoo looked at him before tightening the grip on Sandeul’s shoulders. He leaned closer and whispered I’ll be near, just call for me if you need anything. Sandeul nodded and Sunwoo gazed at them confused.

Sandeul stayed stiffen and Sunwoo cleared his throat. Dongwoo marched away while glancing behind him and headed to the bar.

“Uh, hi?” Sunwoo began and Sandeul looked at him with a smile. “I mean, hi! I’m, I’m…” he’s the CEO of the biggest shipping deal in Seoul and he’s stuttering right in front of a blind man with a wonderful voice and beautiful features and that maybe, just maybe, he had fallen for. “You’re the guy from last night,” Sandeul said while folding his cane and placing it on the table. Sunwoo smiled.

“I, wait, what? You remembered?”

Sandeul laughed and leaned against the chair. “Of course I can remember your voice,” he explained while trying to search for a glass of water. Sunwoo quickly reached for the glass and placed it near Sandeul’s hand and the sudden contact made Sunwoo tingle and Sandeul smiled while wrapping his fingers around the glass and placing it near his lips for a drink.

“I see,” Sunwoo mumbled stupidly to himself and Sandeul laughed again and seriously, he should laughing because every laugh brings chills to Sunwoo’s back and he can’t help but smile back.

“You don’t have to degrade yourself,” Sandeul said and Sunwoo stared at him. “I can feel emotions with their voice. Don’t feel stupid, uh, sorry, what’s your name?”

“Sunwoo, Cha Sunwoo.”

“You don’t need to feel stupid Sunwoo-ssi,” Sandeul uttered after placing the glass down. “My name’s Lee Junghwan. Sandeul’s my stage name.” He said, flashing a warm smile and offering a hand. Sunwoo took it and shook it lightly. His hands felt so soft and warm and tingling. Sunwoo shivered yet again.

“Thank you for helping me last night,” Junghwan stammered and Sunwoo smiled.

“It’s my pleasure,” Sunwoo replied finishing his water and looking at the man before him with a full smile. "But you should've let me send you home."

Sandeul blushed lightly and shook his head, "That would've been too much."

"Even if I insist?"

Sandeul nodded, "Yes, even if you insist," he replied followed with a happy smile and Sunwoo smiled too, feeling cheery and warm around the singer. Never have he ever felt this way before and he can't help but admire with what's happening between them.

They fell in silence for some moment when Junghwan grabbed his cane and stretched it out. “I guess I should get going now then.” Junghwan reasoned before standing up and about to walk away after bowing at Sunwoo.

Sunwoo swiftly grabbed Junghwan’s free hand and Junghwan tensed. Sunwoo stood up too and leaned closer to him. Junghwan furrowed his eyebrows and Sunwoo thought he can feel Junghwan’s breaths near his lips. They are that close and Sunwoo hit himself mentally.

“I was wondering if I can ask you out.” Junghwan tensed even more and he felt his cheeks heating up.


 

A/N 2:

1) I think I'm starting to fall in love with Sandeul, I think. Damn his voice.

2) I just saw the clip of Sandeul and Baro singing How to Live Like a Man and idek, I have no effing idea how they made that song sound so perfectly wonderful, hence the song I decided to Sunwoo request for Junghwan in the pub.

3) I hope you like the blind!Sandeul and corporate!Baro because I do! /bricked

4) Lastly, sorry for updating so late. I got backtracked with real life but I'm completely okay now. Chapters 3 and 4 are about to follow within the day, hopefully ^^ and please do comment! Comments are loved (and not to mention my food for motivation!)!