Stay

I Wish that I can See the World through Your Eyes

Junghwan tossed and his bed. Every part of his body sore and hurt. He pulled the blanket closer and curled on one side of the bed. He hadn’t eaten anything yet since yesterday. Yet, his stomach is grumbling uncontrollably. Junghwan felt helpless. Dongwoo had called him around the afternoon awhile ago and insisted that he would drop by and check him but Junghwan said no, telling him he can manage. So much for management Junghwan, really.

 

He recalled that one time when he had fallen ill because he got caught under the rain. He was shivering to death but he managed to make it to his home before the rain worsened and Dongwoo and Dongwoo’s mom were there to help him. Unlike now where he’s all alone, cold and feverish and hungry and who would still visit him on this hour? Junghwan tried to shake the thoughts of hearing someone knocking at his door.

 

But it just wouldn’t stop.

 

He got up, put on his hoodie and grabbed the cane on top of the table side. “Wait,” he mumbled weakly as he stretched the cane and started walking slowly towards the door. It was straight ahead from the moment you got up from the bed, a few steps away from the kitchen. 

 

“Junghwan?” said the muffled voice and Junghwan felt his eyes heavy and teary. If there is anything to add up to his agony, he’s feeling wobbly and feeble and exhausted that just striding a few steps is too much to ask for already. He felt dizzy for getting up to soon and hunger. He turned the knob and behind sweating forehead and half-smile he motioned his head to look out. The cool breeze damped his face and for a moment he just collapsed.

 

Sunwoo wrapped his arms around Junghwan in a snap and carried him. “You’re burning!” He exclaimed worriedly as he close the door with a loud thud making Junghwan stir in his arms for a bit and motioned towards the bed. 

 

Sunwoo laid him on his back and pulled the coverlet on his chest. Junghwan opened his eyes and grabbed the wrist of the man who had carried him. “Who are you?” He was shaking violently.

 

“It’s me, Sunwoo,” Sunwoo assured him, tucking the blanket on his side and placing his jacket atop the figure. “Don’t you have heater or something? It’s freezing cold in here.”

 

Junghwan smiled and closed his eyes again feeling awfully weak. Sunwoo scanned the room and he found nothing but a small drawer for clothes, a record player and shelf with vinyls and a bed with a small side table. He pushed Junghwan near the wall and climbed the bed.

 

Junghwan quivered and opened his eyes forcefully, “What are you doing?” he chirped tiredly and Sunwoo lied beside him. He pulled Junghwan closer and tucked the blanket under him tightly. He wrapped an arm behind Junghwan’s neck and another around his waist. He pulled him closer and let Junghwan rest his head on his chest. 

 

“You’re freezing Junghwan. You’re totally freezing. I need to help you get warm. I’m sorry, this is the best thing I can do.” Sunwoo explained hugging him closer and Junghwan kept shaking violently. Junghwan smiled small and dunked his head on Sunwoo’s nape as he clutched on Sunwoo’s shirt. They stayed still for quite a time when Junghwan had stopped trembling and had fallen asleep. Sunwoo stayed by his side and kept watch while humming sweet melody and rubbing his arms up and down, making him feel safe.

 

He didn’t know what had happened but his eyes felt heavy and slowly, sleep had taken over him.

 

 

 

Junghwan stirred and felt slightly better now compared to the past two days of horrifying numbness and cruel pain. He opened his mouth to say something when he felt puffs of air touching his cheek. He realised later that he was still in Sunwoo’s embrace who’s sleeping peacefully while tucking him in. He closed his mouth and smiled. He slowly perked his head up and lifted his fingertips leisurely. His smile turned wider when he felt Sunwoo’s cheeks and felt him move for a moment only to tight his embrace around Junghwan and the singer cupped his cold cheek. Junghwan didn’t know but his heart suddenly started beating erratically and he can’t stop himself from smiling. 

 

He’s touching Sunwoo and he’s really confused. Have he fallen for him too? 

 

He traced Sunwoo’s face then his jawline. It’s so defined and full that Junghwan traced him intently, as if marking the trace in his mind so he wouldn’t forget. He mapped tracks on his face then on his lips when Sunwoo startled him by kissing his fingertips.

 

“Hey,” Sunwoo breathed and Junghwan blinked his eyes, removing his fingers and Sunwoo smiled at his cute antic.

 

“How long have you been awake?” Junghwan asked guiltily and Sunwoo pressed his forehead against his. Junghwan blushed madly feeling the warm huffs of air against his lips. The CEO was smiling as he taunted near the latter. He’s already awake when he felt Junghwan’s hand against his cheek. He’s been a light sleeper as long as he can remember.

 

“You look better now,” Sunwoo remarked and Junghwan furrowed his eyebrows. Sunwoo loosened the embrace and Junghwan fought the force to whimper at the loss of warmth. He glanced on his watch and checked the time: 5:45.

 

“You stay here while I heat the food,” Sunwoo instructed and got up. He tucked the blanket on his side and Junghwan felt a hand on his forehead. “Let’s eat so you can drink your medicine.” Junghwan left there dumbstruck but found himself nodding while sinking into the bed. He surprised himself even more when he felt tugging for Sunwoo’s sleeves but retrained himself and opted to stay in bed while he listened to Sunwoo’s footsteps headed for the kitchen.

 

After a few spoonfuls of soup and meat, Sunwoo helped him with his medicine and he leaned against the headboard as he listened to Sunwoo cleaning the dishes. 

 

He closed his eyes as he let the warmth from the blanket and jacket enveloped him. Junghwan was close to falling asleep against the headboard when he felt a weight join him on the bed. Sunwoo sat beside him, much more careful this time. Not that he doesn’t want to envelope him around his embrace again, he just doesn’t want to surprise Junghwan again. He might get it wrongly. He just turned his head to his side so he’s staring at Junghwan. And as if by strong instinct, Junghwan motioned his head towards him which surprised the CEO.

 

“Aren’t you going to work?” Junghwan asked and Sunwoo just stared at the man cocooned in blankets and pillows. “It’s morning already, right?” he added after letting out a yawn.

 

“Maybe. Don’t you feel sleepy?” Sunwoo countered back as he got up slowly and sprawled his legs on the tiled-floor.  Junghwan nodded lightly but then started getting anxious. Is he leaving? He knows that he needs to get to work but it’s been so long since the last time they talked. Was it two no three weeks and surely Sunwoo misses him too right? Junghwan bit his lip at all the thoughts sinking in him. He can stay. He would like him to stay. If he likes to stay, that is.

 

Sunwoo got up feeling embarrassed and slightly, just slightly felt he’d been kicked out. He can stay. He’s just the CEO of a famous shipping deal and he doesn’t really need to go to work unless needed, at least for today. Besides, Gongchan is there to cover for him and he can go to work, if under severe circumstances, if Gongchan calls him for a meeting or contract that needs to be signed so he’s perfectly okay now, to stay. To be with him. But then he’s getting up, about to slide the phone in his pocket and grab the keys when he felt his hand being entwined with soft slender fingers. And for a second he thought he was all alone for all the conception swarming him up about getting kicked out awhile ago.

 

He turned and saw Junghwan staring at him. Not looking up but staring at his figure. Part of his figure before him. They both fell silent and Sunwoo smiled at the blush that crept on Junghwan’s face. He tried to kill the awkward stillness by sitting down and leaning closer to Junghwan.

 

 

“Are you all right?” he asked, shifting his fingers and now totally holding Junghwan’s hand. 

 

Junghwan nodded. “Will you please stay?” 

 

He positioned himself closer to the singer and the man smiled as he lied down, still holding Sunwoo’s hand. Sunwoo lied beside him. The next thing that happened took place naturally and as if they had both memorised a same routine. 

 

Sunwoo wrapped his arm around Junghwan and the singer leaned his head on Sunwoo’s chest before pulling the blanket on his chest and placing his hands on Sunwoo’s chest. They tangled their legs and Sunwoo looked down on the tousled hair lying against him.

 

For a moment, the stillness of the room, the warmth they share and heartbeats beating perfectly wonderfully made them fall into deep sleep together.


 

 

 

A/N: And I wrote a chapter nothing but fluff and cheesy and IDK anymore! I just. Gaaaah. Enjoy! Comments are loved! oh and by the way, Happy new year everyone! ❤️