Sungmin and Kyuhyun

I Wish that I can See the World through Your Eyes

“Remind me again and, I swear if you have to hit me, then be it,” Sunwoo scared Gongchan and Jinyoung and, not to mention Dongwoo, are all huddled together in a table at the corner of the shop.

Gongchan whimpered and tried his best to look like a kicked puppy when he sat across Sunwoo, feeling like banana being peeled off his skin slowly with Sunwoo’s evil stare.

“Hey, you agreed on this,” Dongwoo butted in and Jinyoung nodded in agreement as he sip his milkshake.

It’s been a month since the fever incident and Jinyoung had been spending some time with them with his remaining few days to spare. He will be flying back to Dubai to work and help his father in the medicine field. Sunwoo and the shipping deal were smooth sailing with Gongchan’s help. Junghwan went back to work and after with so much pleading and persauding, with Gongchan, Jinyoung and sad to say, Dongwoo’s help, he agreed to Sunwoo’s cries of date.

But then Jinyoung whined that Sunwoo should spend some time with him too and Gongchan’s wonderful idea of them tagging with their date had been profusely and maddeningly suggested. Sunwoo wanted to hang himself even more when Junghwan agreed. He can’t say no to those sweet charming smile.

It was a wonderful Saturday morning and everybody’s off from work. Dongwoo had asked his crew to take over the pub and Gongchan had asked his secretary to check on the port’s schedule and inform him right away if needed help. As for Jinyoung, he’s still drinking his milkshake happily because it’s been awhile since he had finally spent some wonderful time with his friends and with their new set of friends.

Junghwan picked the place where they should meet. A small milkshake store a few blocks away from the pub he sings at. Sunwoo crossed his arms and gazed at the three faces staring and laughing (mostly from Gongchan) at him sheepishly.

“Besides, Junghwan agreed too with us tagging along,” Gongchan teased even more and Sunwoo wanted to beat the broad daylight out of him. He latched his arms around Jinyoung and went ‘Jinyougggiiiiieeee’ again. Dongwoo found it silly but smiled nonetheless.

“But this is my date!” Sunwoo cried back, acting like a kid—sour and persistent and rude.

“This will be a fun date,” they all cracked and turned their head from the voice. It was Junghwan wearing a simple plaid shirt and his delectable smile. His eyes are also beaming that you will wonder if the guy’s really blind. But he is blind and all four of them had attested to that.

Sunwoo blushed and rubbed the tip of his nose with his thumb. “Hey,” Sunwoo began to croak. He stood up and helped Junghwan to sit. The remaining three eyed him while a playful smile painted on their faces. Sunwoo eyed them but the glare isn’t enough to taunt three pairs of rubbish smiles.

He insisted that Junghwan would be sitting next to him. No buts.

“Did you wait long?” Junghwan asked and Sunwoo adjusted himself next to Junghwan.

“No, it’s all right. We were discussing what should we do today,” Gongchan croaked happily. “What do you want to do today Junghwan?”

Junghwan tilted his head for a moment and all four of them eyed him. Even Jinyoung stared at him while sipping the last bit of his drink.

“Let’s go to the beach,” Junghwan mumbled merrily and all four pair of eyes grew bigger with their eyebrows furrowed at the thought.

“The beach?!” Junghwan laughed at them.

 

 

Sunwoo ruffled Junghwan’s hair when the lad announced that he wanted to go to the beach. They all soon fell quiet after chatting for not realising that Jugnhwan had been carrying a big picnic basket of blanket and food with him. Junghwan showed them his cheerily grin instead.

They had finally settled in Jinyoung’s car. Dongwoo sat in the passenger’s seat while Junghwan sat between Sunwoo and Gongchan at the back. Junghwan had instructed Jinyoung where to go and Dongwoo played some tracks on the radio as they headed to the sea. All of them were excited and giddy.

Junghwan held on his cane and Gongchan munched on his chips at the back while Sunwoo’s stared at the view outside that he had never seen for such a long time. After some minutes, he felt a bump on his shoulder and found Junghwan had his eyes closed already and sleeping contentedly. Sunwoo adjusted his head and Jinyoung eyed them from the rear mirror. He smiled at his friend oddly.

 

 

Junghwan quivered and Sunwoo woke next to him. Gongchan chirped at them happily, “We’re here!”

“Yeah, you’re too loud. We know!” Sunwoo barked mindlessly as he straightened his back and Junghwan motioned his face to the window taking the salty warm sea breeze.

“Just like I remember,” Junghwan muttered and Sunwoo nodded at him.

“Yeah me too.”

“Hey come on!” Gongchan screamed as he dashed off towards the sand and Sunwoo rolled his eyes.

“Look at him, it’s as if he lives here,” Junghwan laughed at him and held tightly on Sunwoo’s arm as he helped him get on his feet. He stretched the cane and looked for his balance.

“Is that you Junghwan?” A voice startled them and Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows. There had been a lot of startling happening today and he does not like it. He’s hunched at the driver seat about to step off when a man approached them. Dongwoo was at the back, opening the trunk. He looked at the man, around late 30’s, who was walking towards them. He smiled knowingly.

“Ah you're finally here!” the man exclaimed happily and Junghwan turned to the voice. Sunwoo helped him walk towards the man and he bowed greeting him.

Junghwan reached for the man and hugged him tightly. They all waited for introductions and Jinyoung stared at the little resemblance they both share. Thank god for studying medicine.

“He’s your uncle?” Jinyoung asked and Junghwan released the hug and nodded at him.

“He’s Sungmin-samchon,” Junghwan announced and Sungmin held his hands tightly, “I call him eomma.” Jinyoung and Sunwoo raised their eyebrows and Dongwoo eyed them while mouthing ‘Later. You’ll see.’

“Nice to meet you,” Sungmin greeted back and waved at them. Sunwoo smiled.

“Please come on in,” Sungmin instructed and they all followed them inside the house while Gongchan was clearly forgotten.

 

It’s been a so long since Junghwan’s last visit in his uncle’s house. And the first thing he did was to gather in the living room and enjoy the lemonade Sungmin had prepared for them. Junghwan sat on one of the single couch while Jinyoung and the rest took the three-seated sofa.

“Is appa home?” Junghwan asked behind the glass and Sunwoo assisted him as he place it on the table carefully.

“I really don’t know where appa is,” Sungmin replied annoyingly as he dashed back to the kitchen to grab some cookies.

“So he’s your mom?” Sunwoo asked hurriedly when Sungmin left them.

Junghwan laughed and leaned against the seat. “He’s my uncle of course, but he’s gay and he’s married.”

Sunwoo and Jinyoung nodded. “You don’t look surprise,” Jinyoung turned to Dongwoo and the manager just smiled back.

“I met them twice,” Dongwoo answered and Jinyoung nodded as he sipped his lemonade.

“They live in Amsterdam after Sungmin-samchon met his boyfriend in China. He’s a ballad singer there,” Junghwan explained. “They flew to Amsterdam and settled there for good. After two years, I had this,” he motioned his hand up and down his face, “They flew back home and decided to take care of me.”

“But why are you living alone in that apartment?” Sunwoo asked, his turn on taking a drink.

“I don’t want to burden them besides I visit them once in a while so I guess it’s all right,” Junghwan replied and all three of them exchanged looks.

He always thinks of others first before himself and sometimes Sunwoo wants to jerk the senses out of him because sometimes people need help and he needs someone to take care of him. Heck, he’s even working just to survive when what he actually needs is somewhere to be safe. Or is he just being overprotective? Sunwoo argued with himself a little bit more.

They were all silent for a while when the door from the veranda kicked open and a golden retriever ran in. Sunwoo stammered and jumped on the couch while Dongwoo latched on Jinyoung in surprise. Junghwan smiled and called for the dog.

“Sachi!”

The dog barked and went to Junghwan. He slobbered Junghwan’s hands and wagged his tail happily.

“Sungmin! I saw this kid picking—“ a tall white man with a mop of a hair stormed inside the house dragging Gongchan by the left ear and both Jinyoung and Sunwoo shouted his name in unison.

“Kyuhyun, he’s Junghwan’s friend,” Sungmin said as he marched back to the living room carrying a plateful of freshly baked gingersnaps. Gongchan followed the scent and wanted to let go but Kyuhyun only tightened the hold.

“But this kid ruined my watermelon and field of lettuce,” Kyuhyun whined back and the mother of the house walked towards Gongchan. Gongchan looked like a puppy who got soaked in the rain and Sungmin reached out to wipe the watermelon juice staining his cheek.

“Just let it go,” Sungmin assured him, reaching for Kyuhyun’s hand and the boyfriend rolled his eyes before setting his eyes on Junghwan.

“Junghwan!” He cheered and Sungmin motioned Gongchan beside Dongwoo before Kyuhyun changes his mood back to wrath mode. Dongwoo elbowed Gongchan and Gongchan only ignored him as he grabbed some gingersnaps and drank from Jinyoung’s lemonade.

“Appa,” Junghwan replied as he searched for the voice. He knelt before Junghwan and Sachi scooted to the kitchen checking his dish if Sungmin had filled it with food. “How are you? It’s been so long. You’ve grown.”

“Don’t exaggerate appa,” Junghwan replied while smiling and Kyuhyun leaned closer to embrace him tightly. Junghwan let out a muffled sound and Sungmin peered between them and pulled his husband off Junghwan.

“Why don’t you ask the kids to help you harvest some vegetables,” Sungmin instructed and Kyuhyun remembered about a certain crocodile swarming on his watermelon. He turned around and glared at the man munching on gingersnaps. Gongchan pouted and looked for Sungmin.

“Eomma!” Gongchan bawled and Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows even more. The rest in the room stifled a laugh and Sungmin patted Kyuhyun’s head.

“Omo, my lost son!” Sungmin chirped teasingly and opened his arms initiating Gongchan for a hug. Kyuhyun scoffed and Junghwan laughed at the heaved of breath.

“We’ll help,” Dongwoo broke in and held Jinyoung’s arm with him. Jinyoung nodded and Kyuhyun smiled at them. Gongchan held tightly at the hem of Sungmin’s shirt and agreed that he’ll stay beside Sungmin as he prepare the meal.

“I’ll be at my room,” Junghwan told them and he stuttered on his way to his room down the hall. Not that he’s an outcast or he can’t do much help, he just wanted solitude. They all tagged separately with Sungmin and Kyuhyun and Sachi wagged his tail happily because he’ll be having playmates for today.

 

 

Gongchan stood beside Sungmin in the kitchen because he really had made it clear that he likes Sungmin better compared to the scary Kyuhyun who’d gone rampant about him eating the watermelon. He stood there feeling a little bit awkward because it’s just his first time seeing Junghwan’s relatives and he’d never the outgoing type. It’s either he’s in the I’m-pumped-up-in-work-and-food-nothing-more mode or sleeping mode.

Sungmin was humming a beautiful melody while kneading the dough. They’ll be having noodles and stirred vegetables and seafood for lunch.

“It’s nice that he’d brought some friends,” Sungmin finally broke in their serious quietude. Gongchan doesn’t know the answer to that. He just nodded and held the tuna and abalone under the running water.

“He was crying terribly when the doctor said he’d gone blind,” Sungmin muttered as he place the dough in a bowl and covered it with plastic wrap. “But I am happy that he’s smiling now.”

“Smiling does really suites him,” Gongchan commented as he handed the container with seafood to Sungmin.

“Yes, indeed.”

 

 

“They said he wouldn’t be able to see again,” Kyuhyun explained as they sat under the shade of the big acacia tree. The backyard is just beside the shore and everything looked beautiful. Dongwoo can’t take his eyes off the sea and Jinyoung enjoyed the small garden and farm Kyuhyun had fixed behind the house.

“He was 17 when he lost his parents,” Kyuhyun continued as he searched for the biggest watermelon he can look for. “We were staying in Amsterdam then so we had no idea. We only found out about what happened three years later. Dongwoo’s mom had managed to contact us.”

Jinyoung picked some fresh greens as he listen to Kyuhyun and Dongwoo branched out some berry tomatoes. “Sungmin felt bad for not being able to stay by his side for the lost years. We settled here at the sea side to help Junghwan recover and played the role.”

Kyuhyun had finally found the best watermelon he laid his eyes on and snatched the scissors from his back pocket. “I don’t really find it playing anymore because I treat him like my real son.” Kyuhyun said smiling as he cut the stalk and carried the watermelon in his arms. “It’s just a pity that he had to endure all of this at a very young age.”

Jinyoung and Dongwoo looked at him with sad eyes as they carry their baskets filled with greens for the meal. Kyuhyun felt slightly melancholic and scoffed it off with a snort.

“Come on,” Kyuhyun croaked flashing them a mix of smirk and grin, “I’m sure that Gongchan-kid is hungry.”

Jinyoung and Dongwoo threw a share of filled laughter as the warm salt breeze touched their cheeks and with Kyuhyun’s sarcastic fit.

 

 

Sunwoo decided that he’d rather do something that concerns Junghwan. Quickly after they headed out, he followed Junghwan and grabbed his hand. Junghwan turned around and motioned at him.

“Can I come with you?” Sunwoo mumbled while rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand. Junghwan smiled and pulled him closer as they walk towards his room. Sunwoo felt relieved. At least he’s not being kicked out. In his defense though, he thinks, sort of believes, that Junghwan has feelings for him too after the fever incident. And Sunwoo hopes, prays, and wishes that there’s an understanding between them already.

“There’s nothing much in here,” Junghwan told him as he opened the door. Sunwoo scanned the room and just like the entire house, it’s painted with cream and lining of baby blue at the bottom part. There’s a table and chair at one side near the window. The bed, a king size bed, is located at the centre of the room with a duck plush doll.

As they stepped inside, he closed the door with a light thud and Junghwan brought him over the bed.

“Junghwan, easy down, you’re parents are here,” Sunwoo joked dirtily and Junghwan poked his cane on Sunwoo managing to his him in the belly.

“You ert,” Junghwan giggled. Sunwoo cried playfully and they both laughed. Junghwan lied on his bed while Sunwoo stayed still at the edge. He watched as Junghwan closed his eyes as a smile plastered on his face.

He scanned around the room. It was like his apartment, filled nothing but a small cabinet for his clothes, a vinyl turntable player and shelf filled with vinyl records. The table’s filled with books. He headed towards the books and flipped the pages. He was surprised to find the pages made in plastic and patterned with raised dots as letters. Beneath the dots are the letters it represents.

“How did you learn to read?” Sunwoo asked as he sat beside Junghwan’s chest. He grabbed a book, ’Le Petit Prince’ it said and Sunwoo read through it carefully.

Junghwan stirred and lied on his side, facing Sunwoo. “Dongwoo’s mom took care of me when I had no relatives to take me. She’s best friends with my mom. She’s the head teacher in a blind school.”

“That’s why you’re friends with Dongwoo,” Sunwoo concluded as he continued reading. Junghwan nodded and smiled at him.

“When his mom had finally reached eomma and appa 3 years later, I stayed with them in here,” he explained as he started tapping Sunwoo’s back with his fingertips.

“Then why’d you live in that apartment alone?” Sunwoo asked again as he lied beside Junghwan finally ditching the story and returning it back where he got it.

“I just want to try how to live normally,” Junghwan said as he searched for Sunwoo’s face. He had finally reached for Sunwoo’s jawline and crept his fingers to palm his cheek. Sunwoo basked into the warmth and pushed his cheek against the palm. They were smiling at each other.

He had never felt this way before and he felt undeniably happy about it. It seems weird at first when Sungmin had announced to the family his relationship with Kyuhyun. He was 15 when his uncle flew overseas and decided to live there for good. He felt sad because Sungmin has been his favorite uncle and Kyuhyun had been the second best uncle.

He had no issues against their relationship because he himself feels the same. He had a crush on one of the track and field boys in junior high but had no guts to confess.

So he finally understands his uncle when Sungmin had told him that you don’t choose the person you love but love chooses the right person for you. He genuinely agrees because clearly, what is there to attest? He’s blind. He doesn’t even know how Sunwoo looks like. All he knows it that Sunwoo’s a little taller than him, that he has a thin almond-like set of black orbs, a slightly big yet wonderfully curated nose on his oblong shaped face and nothing more. And maybe that his deep sultry voice makes his heart beat expeditiously.

Sunwoo leaned closer and closed the distance between them. He latched an arm around Junghwan’s waist and looked at him. “Why do you always have a king size bed?”

“To roll on it on the morning?” Junghwan answered and Sunwoo was about to snort at him when the door cracked open and the three duffs together with Sachi stood there with big orbs and snarky grins.

“…”

Sunwoo got up abruptly and sat at the edge. A taint of red line across his face. “What?” He countered nervously and Gongchan was the first to smile slyly.

“Food’s ready,” Dongwoo swooned teasingly and Jinyoung tried his best to cover his mouth with his two hands but failed. He broke down laughing. Sunwoo eyed him piercingly. Junghwan got up quickly and stood on his feet. Dongwoo walked towards him and helped him out the room. He was blushing madly as well.

As they walk along the hall, Gongchan and Jinyoung sandwiched him with their arms, “You’re quite a punk Sunwoo,” Jinyoung teased beneath his sly tone.

“Who would’ve thought our friend has the guts,” Gongchan added, “and to think this is Junghwan’s parents’ house.”

Sunwoo imagined an animation of a grey cloud raining above his head. He’s going to kill these two the moment he has chance.

 

 

After the hearty meal, which includes a round of whines of Gongchan from Kyuhyun’s throws of jokingly insults to Sungmin’s endless stories about Amsterdam; Dongwoo’s mom to Jinyoung medicine background; Kyuhyun’s singing ballad to Sunwoo’s annoying work. Junghwan and his family listened to all of them, Sungmin would help him with his spoon and fork once in a while and switch to Gongchan with his chopsticks to stuff noodles in his mouth. Kyuhyun pushed more fish to Jinyoung, complained that he’s super thin and Sunwoo would stifle counter a laugh.

Kyuhyun suggested them to play by the beach and Gongchan nodded furiously while bringing some cookies and slices of watermelon with him. Sachi followed him as they raced by the shore. Jinyoung and the rest followed him bringing cold water bottles and towels.

“We’re going to swim?” Sunwoo asked and Jinyoung nodded blankly. He didn’t remember bringing an extra set of clothes.

“Of course,” he replied as they step on the sand and their foot push in deep step by step. He decided to just throw caution to the wind.

It was filled of laughter and shouts of Sunwoo splashing water to Gongchan and Jinyoung squirting trickles of seawater on Dongwoo. Sachi was playing with them, wagging and flapping his tail after the water hits him after the strong wave.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin sat on one spot under the shade, a few steps away from the house. They watched as the young lads play like kids, lost under the bliss of the sea. Junghwan was lying on Sungmin’s lap and Kyuhyun handed him a cookie to munch on.

“How are you?” Sungmin asked, pushing Junghwan’s bangs back and trailing fingertips on his forehead.

“It’s been so long,” Kyuhyun added sitting beside Junghwan while resting his back against Junghwan’s folded legs.

“You’re exaggerating appa,” Junghwan laughed as he fixed his head on Sungmin’s laps. “I visited you last month. I even bought you a new vinyl record.”

Kyuhyun smiled and glanced at Sungmin who’s massaging their son’s temples. “Do you like Sunwoo?” He croaked surprisingly and Junghwan almost choked on his cookies. He nudged his knee on Kyuhyun’s back and let out a girl-like whine. Sungmin chuckled and pinched Junghwan’s nose.

“What?” Kyuhyun countered, that evil smirk visibly blinding and good thing Junghwan’s blind or else he would’ve blind himself with that endearing and infuriating smirk of his dad. “It’s obvious that he likes you. But do you like him?”

Junghwan blushed and pulled Sungmin’s hands to cover his face. “Eomma!” he retorted as he pulled the palms deeper.

“You’re appa’s just jealous,” Sungmin comforted him and Junghwan peeked through the fingers like a normal person with sight would do.

“Jealous?” Junghwasn asked and for a moment he felt his breath hitched because he never knew that Kyuhyun would really be like his dad to him. He would understand Sungmin’s protective and ever caring attitude towards him, he’s his uncles, they’re relatives. But Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun is different. He’s Sungmin’s boyfriend for the last 10 years? They even got married but that doesn’t solely mean that he’s to act like a dad to him. And yet, here he is whining like a dad and fearing that his only child will be stashed away from him.

He smiled and slowly got up. He searched for Kyuhyun’s figure and slowly embraced him from his side. Kyuhyun was taken back and glanced at the tousled hair covered with bits of sand and cookie crumbles. He held back the tears threatening to fall from the corner of his eyes and Sungmin stared at him with a warm smile. They stayed in the hug for sometime when Kyuhyun decided to break it off.

“Look at you,” Kyuhyun sighed as he brushed off some sand and crumble on Junghwan’s hair. “My son’s having a hot punk of a boyfriend and yet he’s covered with crumbles like a kid.” Sungmin laughed as he handed the cane in Junghwan’s hand.

“He’s not my boyfriend!” Junghwan defended as he got up and puffed his cheeks cutely. Kyuhyun tugged his shirt properly like a father with a five-year old kid and dusted off the sand on his back.

“He’s not yet your boyfriend,” Kyuhyun corrected. Junghwan blushed and strolled away towards the sound of the sea and to Gongchan’s screams as Sunwoo tried to drown him. Sachi ran towards Junghwan and Sunwoo followed him. He held Junghwan’s hand and they headed slowly to the wave.

“They look cute together,” Sungmin commented as he leaned against Kyuhyun and munched on a cookie. He offered Kyuhyun one and he bit on it happily.

Kyuhyun eyed Sunwoo, “He’s fine all right.”

 

 

“Go stuff more meat. Seriously, this kid,” Kyuhyun grumbled as he pushed the plate full of meat slices to Jinyoung’s face and Jinyoung nodded willingly and furiously at that. He doesn’t want to cause havoc towards Kyuhyun’s much better mood right now. He fixed his chopsticks and wrapped the lettuce they picked earlier around the pork and munched on it happily.

“I thought Kyuhyun-appa’s Chinese?” Gongchan asked as they enjoy their dinner. They had changed on to some of Junghwan’s clothes. Some plain shirts and old shorts and track pants. Junghwan wore a pyjama with Sungmin’s persistence. He had to agree because he has few clothes than any person he knows and his friends who splashed on the beach without second thoughts wore all of his decent clothes. He looked cute though, Sunwoo had to comment mentally and he can’t stop glancing every time Sungmin would shove a meat or lettuce inside Junghwan’s mouth like a kid.

“Kyuhyun is Korean, he just worked in China as a ballad singer,” Sungmin explained as he asked for Sunwoo to help Junghwan drink his water. Sunwoo nodded and grabbed the cup and handed it to Junghwan.

“I was quite famous back in China,” Kyuhyun bragged and Sungmin smiled.

“What’s your Chinese name?” Dongwoo asked next.

“Ku Xian,” Kyuhyun answered as he ate the last meat and Gongchan glared at him. They were competing on who will get the last piece because everybody knows that the last piece is the best piece. Gongchan croaked and munched on the kimchi instead.

“I didn’t know that crocodiles are vegetarians,” Kyuhyun teased and Gongchan pouted at them. Everybody enjoyed the wonderful meal under the beautiful night sky studded with twinkling stars and the cold sea breeze completes the magnificent experience.

 

 

After setting futons and bed covers on the floor, all five of them are sleeping peacefully in one spare room across Junghwan’s bedroom. Gongchan insisted that all of them sleep on Junghwan’s king size bed but both Dongwoo and Jinyoung (with Kyuhyun’s insisting too) disagreed. Light puffs of air and snores can be heard clearly when Sunwoo stirred awake and found that Junghwan isn’t lying beside him. He got up and scanned around the room. He tried Junghwan’s bedroom and found no one.

He went to search outside when he found Junghwan sitting by the acacia tree in the backyard. He smiled to himself and walked out slowly careful not to break the silence and not to mention wake Sachi who’s sleeping peacefully in the living room.

“I can’t help but sometimes wonder if you’re really blind,” Sunwoo chirped as he stood beside Junghwan and the latter only looked up with a smile. “What are you doing here? It’s cold.”

He sat beside Junghwan and draped a blanket around the singer. “You’ll get colds, I’ll get worried. Don’t argue.” Sunwoo defended and Junghwan cringed his face.

“I was not going to argue,” Junghwan answered and Sunwoo rolled his eyes.

He let out a yawn and leaned his head against Junghwan’s side. “Don’t you feel sleepy?” He asked and let out another yawn.

Junghwan shook his head and leaned against him, pulling the coverlet around him. “Sorry for this lame date.”

Sunwoo chuckled and closed his eyes as he dug his palm behind him on the ground. “No it’s fine. This is still nice. It’s been wonderful meeting Kyuhyun-appa and Sungmin-eomma.”

“Really?” Junghwan asked as he turned to face Sunwoo and they stared at each other. Sunwoo opened his eyes and gulped at how Junghwan’s eyes are staring directly at him as if Junghwan can see him.

“Yeah, really.” Sunwoo croaked back and Junghwan smiled purely. They stayed still for a while and Sunwoo quaffed because clearly it’s okay, but he’d been really hoping that they can do something more, just the two of them. And he’s not the ert type. So don’t think about those things.

“Make it up to me,” Sunwoo broke and Junghwan looked at him confusingly.

“I thought it’s okay,” Junghwan asked, completely troubled. He cupped Sunwoo’s face tightly and shivered at the cold breeze.

“I changed my mind,” Sunwoo answered making his voice sound more convincing. Junghwan had been good in detecting feelings with their voices and Junghwan might figure out that he’s just playing around.

Junghwan is already frowning when an idea hit him. “Let’s wait for the sunrise then I’ll make it up to you.”

Sunwoo blinked. “Sunrise?”

Junghwan nodded. “Sunrise. Have you seen one?”

Sunwoo thought about it and it hit him. He hasn’t seen an actual sunrise in his entire life. He looked at his watch, it’s a few minutes past 5. He didn’t realize that he got up around that time. He pulled away from Junghwan’s grasp and agreed. He really wanted to see the sunrise too.

They shared stories about the beach house, about Sachi, work, friends, and all things they’d wanted to know about each other. Everything felt nice, almost everything felt wonderful. Junghwan laughed at Sunwoo’s jokes and felt silent when Sunwoo told him he ended up being the youngest CEO in the shipping deal lineage. They talked about all sorts of things. Sometimes they would fell silent and just listen to the waves splashing few feet away from them.

It was 6 when the sky started lighting up slowly and a tint of orange peeked at the edge of the sea.

“It’s the sun!” Sunwoo announced happily and Junghwan smiled at the word sun.

He imagined how the sun would look like. How it slowly stained the light blue sky with its warm yellow and orange rays of light. He tried his best to recall how the sun, just like paint, covered the blue sea and sky just like a canvas.

Sunwoo had never felt so contented and relaxed in his entire life. He watched as birds fly around and as the sun carpet up slowly from the sea edge. It was an orchestra of colors and rays playing fantastically together. He felt Junghwan stir and he gaze at him.

Junghwan was looking at him again, searching for his face. “What is it?” Sunwoo asked and Junghwan smiled as he calculated the distance in his head with Sunwoo’s voice. He leaned in closer and in an instant he sealed their lips in a beautiful, chaste and short kiss.

“I hope I’m forgiven,” Junghwan asked behind red-crimson cheeks and Sunwoo grinned.

 

A/N: This is the longest chapter I've ever written and I am starting to feel that the next chapters will lead to works with more than 3k. /laughs. And pardon for Kyumin, I hope you guys know Sungmin and Kyuhyun from SuJu, they're my otp and yeah, you know, Kyumin + Sandeul = family ❤️ Coments are loved! :D