Cry

I Wish that I can See the World through Your Eyes

A/N: I AM SO SORRY FOR UPDATING THIS LATE! I had to endure books and lessons for exams this weekend (abnormal schedule, I know). This wasn't edited yet, I will soon do after Sunday! :)


It only took Sunwoo ten minutes and he’s standing right in front of Jinyoung’s doorstep. The older boy looked at him surprised. How can he make a 30-minute drive from Junghwan’s to Jinyoung’s place in a flash? Jinyoung just shook his head because the issue won’t be answered and really, Sunwoo didn’t come in to listen to his litany.

It only took him ten minutes for flying like a speed of light—leaving Junghwan’s apartment, and Sunwoo’s eyes are blank, hurt and lost. Jinyoung had to open the door quickly and widely before pulling him in.

He was silent when Jinyoung led him to the couch and Sunwoo slumped exhaustedly on his chest. Jinyoung grabbed two cold cans of beer from the fridge and pressed one against his cheek.

If there’s one person he can go to for serious business, it’s definitely Jinyoung; almost like his brother from another mother. Jinyoung sat across him and leaned against the couch. He loosened the button of his shirt and removed his cufflinks. Sunwoo was still silent when he got up and sat properly. He opened the can and drank from it slowly.

“Did you just got back here?” Sunwoo asked as he scanned the room. His eyes are wavering not even the slightest.

Jinyoung nodded and crossed his legs. “I was in a gathering when you called.”

“Sorry,” Sunwoo said blankly, not the slightest hint of regret in his voice. “I just—I don’t know. Hyung.”

“You never call me hyung,” Jinyoung said after drinking his beer. He casted his eyes on his best friend and sighed.

“I never do, unless dad tells me to,” Sunwoo replied, finishing his drink and closing his eyes as he rested his head on the headrest. “I tried, I did.”

Jinyoung listened as he placed his empty can on the coffee table. He didn’t know what could be bothering Sunwoo and he’s curious and worried for what might happened. Besides, who would rush at the speed of light on wee hours of night?

“I took him out tonight, he said he had a great time,” Sunwoo croaked sadly and he realised that he’d never felt this this disappointed with himself after his dad died. No matter how positive everything sounded, his emotions screamed otherwise. How can such a single person inflect him with so much pain and sadness which he tried to evade to happen again? How can Junghwan be so cold to him and make him feel so lost and devastated despite all good intentions? Can a person be really like that? Sunwoo sulked and looked at Jinyoung, as if asking for answers.

Jinyoung’s eyes fell low, looking for words as console. “Sunwoo,” he breathed deeply, “Why don’t you get some sleep? You look exhausted.”

Sunwoo nodded before spotting a couch pillow beside him and trying to put up a wide grin on his face. He only had one beer but with everything he did the entire day, he wished for nothing but to slump on something comfortable and just doze off. He lied on the couch and hugged the pillow. He couldn’t control his eyelids anymore and just slept. Jinyoung stared at him and picked the beer can and headed to the kitchen to clean.

He fished his phone inside his jacket and called Gongchan.

“He’s sleeping here,” Jinyoung said through the phone as he grabbed another beer from the fridge and leaned against the countertop.

“Hyung?”

“Why is everybody being weird today? You never call me hyung too,” he said teasingly as the bubble of malt overflows from the opening.

“Ah! Is he with you?”

“What happened?”

Gongchan gulped and he heard the sheets shuffling from the earpiece. “Sunwoo didn’t go to work today. He went to Sungmin-eomma for permission. And…”

“They didn’t allow Junghwan?”

“No, it’s not that. Eomma and Appa agreed. They thought it was a great deed. Sunwoo took Junghwan out, I even arranged everything since he’s cramming in time. But…”

Jinyoung listened attentively and can’t help but smile at how Gongchan sounded like a kid ready to cry if he accidentally say something wrong. He eyed the figure sleeping on the couch and wondered at how much willing does Sunwoo is to go this far. Surely Junghwan is some charity project because of his case but somehow both him and Sunwoo sees Junghwan differently. He’s not just a charity case and Jinyoung can’t help but ponder what is the blinding spell Junghwan had cast on Sunwoo for his friend to go beyond bounds for him.

“Let me guess, Junghwan didn’t like the idea and broke up with Sunwoo?”

“No. They didn’t break up. He just turned cold and Sunwoo wasn’t able to ask him when he sent Junghwan home. Sunwoo called and asked me to get him new clothes for tomorrow.” Gongchan explained briefly. He too is unsure on what to do next. It was only last month when they were all having fun at the beach, playing with the water and sand. Right now, the mood is the total opposite and Gongchan feels weird about it.

“Jinyoungie?”

“Hmm?” Jinyoung chirped as he dimmed the light in the living room and went to grab some blanket for Sunwoo.

“Is this what they call true love? I’ve never heard Sunwoo sounded so sad since his dad’s.”

Jinyoung looked through piles of sheets and coverlets. He closed the door lightly and shifted the phone with his other hand.

“I think so. Have you heard from Sungmin-eomma?”

“Yes,” Gongchan croaked a little too happily Jinyoung stifled out a laugh. “They said they’ll convince him.”

“And what about you?” Jinyoung suddenly asked as he went back to the living room making Gongchan quiver on his bed. Jinyoung heard the younger man sighed and he wondered how did Gongchan really feel about this.

“I mean, it’s okay.” Gongchan replied. “It’s not that big of a deal, I’m here to support Sunwoo always.”

“Really?”

“Yes,” Gonghcan answered firmly this time to sound more convincing. “I just hope Junghwan would understand. Sunwoo have really fallen for him, I wish I can do something.”

Jinyoung smiled and bid him goodnight. He reminded Gongchan about Sunwoo’s clothes and Gongchan replied with a whine. He slid the phone in his back pocket and lay the blanket on Sunwoo. He scanned around and reached for Sunwoo’s phone.

“I didn’t remember asking you to drop by.”

Junghwan looked flabbergasted. Who wouldn’t be? He entered his home and felt something different. There was silence but he can definitely feel that someone’s watching him. He couldn’t quite point out who would be inside with him. As he took another step, he heard a squeak and realised that it sounded so familiar. It was so familiar he’d imprinted it already in his mind.

“It’s only been a month and you’re acting angsty,” Kyuhyun teased as he got up from the bed and approached his son. “Can’t your dad complain at his son for skipping some bonding time?”

Junghwan stuck his tongue out but laughed. Kyuhyun ruffled his hair and scanned him from head to toe.

“You look dashing,” Kyuhyun commented and Junghwan snapped, realising that he’s still wearing the suit Sunwoo had brought for him. And he remembered Sunwoo. He didn’t want to talk about Sunwoo. He couldn’t just think about him. Rather in all honesty, he couldn’t stop thinking about Sunwoo—that his head might burst any minute now because it’s filled with so much Sunwoo and complicated emotions.

“Let’s not talk about it, I want to go to bed.”

Kyuhyun glanced at Sungmin who’s fixing some of their clothes. He looked at Kyuhyun knowingly and Kyuhyun nodded before stepping away from Junghwan. He accompanied him towards the bathroom to change.

“Go wash up, then we’ll sleep.”

“I’ll sleep in between.” Junghwan said cheekily. Kyuhyun only laughed and pushed him inside. He closed the door and turned to face Sungmin now fixing the sheets and pillows.

“What are you smiling at?” Sungmin asked as he looked at the man standing beside him, face plastered with a playful grin.

“Your son said he’ll sleep between us.” Sungmin laughed and Kyuhyun chuckled to join him.

“He’s such a kid. I wonder what’d happened with Sunwoo.” Sungmin retorted and Kyuhyun nodded before dipping into the bed and taking his spot already. He lied at the edge of the bed so Sungmin can lie beside the wall and they can squeeze Junghwan in between.

Junghwan had already forgotten how sleeper his dad can be most of the times. He twisted and turned to face the other side. He tried to scrunch his face in his blanket and shuffled when a warm palm cupped his cheek.

“Couldn’t sleep?”

Junghwan wanted to say no but he nodded. He couldn’t sleep because he can’t stop thinking about their date and how he felt ultimately happy spending a night in the orchestra with Sunwoo. He can’t help but still feel ecstatic because he had Sunwoo entirely for him tonight. He’s agitated because he felt he should’ve reacted otherwise on Sunwoo’s offer but he felt mocked. He felt tricked that it annoyed him so much he had loss for words.

“Appa snores too loudly,” Junghwan pretended to complain as he snuggled beside Sungmin and Sungmin wrapped an arm his son. “How can you sleep like this?”

Sungmin laughed as he hugged Junghwan closer and slowly, Kyuhyun’s snore went from buzzing to soft puffs of air. Kyuhyun stirred and opened his eyes when he felt Sungmin poked his cheeks. They stayed in silence for some time when Sungmin caressed Junghwan’s closed eyelids. The touch was light and soft and it made Junghwan tremble.

“How was your day?” Sungmin asked and Junghwan kept his eyes closed.

“You mean date?”

“I thought you wouldn’t call it a date? A while ago you’re being snappy about it.”

“It is a date,” Junghwan blushed. “It’s just… I don’t know. Since when did you know?”

Kyuhyun stayed silent and listened intently at every word Junghwan said. Sungmin looked at his son and continued massaging the eyelids.

“He drove to our house before sunrise. He looked terrible when he got there. It’s a two hour drive, and he looked so much tensed.”

Junghwan imagine the trouble Sunwoo had gone to. It is messy and horrid. But that doesn’t mean it’s enough to just let this pass and accept his offer. Wouldn’t it?

“He offered to help me see again. Well, Jinyoung and him.”

Sungmin casted a look on Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun shifted closer to wrap the blanket around his family. Junghwan opened his eyes and turned to face Kyuhyun. He received a light pinch on the nose. Junghwan scrunched his nose and Kyuhyun smiled.

“You’re awake.”

“You peevish duck, I should just tell Sunwoo he’d fallen for the wrong guy.” Kyuhyun teased and the next thing that happened surprised both Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

Junghwan suddenly bursted into tears.

He didn’t know why he cry, but he just did. Heck, he can’t even stop his tears from falling. Junghwan was so bothered and disturbed he can’t help but figure what had gone so wrong. Why can’t he just accept Sunwoo’s offer? Surely, everything is for his sake and Sunwoo wished nothing just to make him happy but still—it’s too much.

Sungmin froze and just let all agony and confusion fall down. Kyuhyun shifted so he’s leaning against the headboard and gazed at his son sobbing maddeningly.

“Junghwan,” Sungmin began.

“I don’t know. I don’t know. Why can’t I just say yes. I don’t know. I mean, I get it that he just want to help me, but I don’t know.”

He sobbed and continued, “I love him. I love him so much and I want to see him. I want to see how deeply his eyes look. I want to know how he smiles, see how his eyebrows furrows. I…I want to see him beside me yet I don’t know. I don’t understand why it’s difficult for me to say yes.”

Kyuhyun looked down at his child and Sungmin kissed Junghwan’s forehead.

“Surely, he understands.” Sungmin chirped after a few minutes of silence.

“Why don’t you get some rest. We’ll talk about this tomorrow, Junghwan.” Kyuhyun suggested and he wiped the last tears that’ve fallen across his cheeks.

Junghwan nodded as he closed his eyes shut and hugged Sungmin as he drifted to sleep slowly.

He is scared. Would telling the truth turn the events for the better? How can he be sure that this will last forever? He’s torn. He believed that emotions shouldn’t control people so madly, yet here he is, sobbing until the last breath, crying and asking questions seem impossible to answer.

He loves Sunwoo. He sure do. But he’s just scared and whatever lies next frightens him so much, he thinks he wouldn’t be able to bear.


A/N 2: And just to make it up to you, here's a oneshot badeul fanfic because I've updated too long. I know I upset you guys. Sorry TT__TT Hope you will love it too just as much!