Breakfast

I Wish that I can See the World through Your Eyes

It was too early from his usual morning regime but he shuffled to his side and felt hot puffs of air on his cheeks. He was used to getting up from a call from his neighbour or from Dongwoo but today had been different. His phone rang twice already as he tried to scram for his gadget under his pillow.

“Hello?”

“Did I wake you?”

“Jinyoung?” He sat up and felt his parents quiver on his sides. He moved at their feet and step on the wood.

“No. You’re calling?” Because? Junghwan bit his lip not to push further. He grabbed his cane on the floor after seconds of searching for it. He got up and guided himself towards the bathroom. He heard Jinyoung closed the car door and he wondered.

“Can I take you out for breakfast?” Jinyoung chirped nonchalantly and Junghwan felt a lump forming in his throat. It wasn’t fear or annoyance, but anxiety. He began to think, since when have they became so close to eat breakfast together.

He opted to say no because he’s going to hang out with his boyfriend’s best friend without Sunwoo. And yes, they haven’t actually broke up yet.

“I still need to get ready?” He didn’t know what to say. He turned the knob as he felt the faucet and heard Jinyoung let out a small chuckle.

“I can wait.”

“You’re already in front of my house are you?” Junghwan felt tingling in his spine. Most especially when Jinyoung’s laugh grew longer.

“Well, yeah. But don’t hurry up. I can really wait.” Jinyoung breathlessly replied. It was too quick, and funny, Junghwan had to stop himself from chuckling back.

After a quick wash up, Junghwan changed to his day clothes and closed the door with a light thud. He searched for his wallet, and slid his phone in his jacket. He approached the bed to wake and inform his parents but they’re sleeping like the dead, and Junghwan gave up after trying to shake them thrice.

He stepped out the door and felt his cane hit a shoe, if by all means that is a shoe, he thought. “Sorry.”

Jinyoung only laughed and stepped beside him, offering an arm. He grabbed Junghwan’s free hand carefully and placed it on his arm assuringly. Junghwan tensed and faced him. If only he can see this awfully wonderful gentleman then he’d be able to express diligently right in front of him.

“You didn’t have to stand there, I can find you.” Junghwan commented as they walk a few steps to the car. He heard Jinyoung left out a breath and closed the door shut.

“Can you tell my parents that I’m with you? I couldn’t wake them.” Junghwan said in a low apologetic tone. “Sorry! I would’ve done it myself but…” He added as he made spirit fingers, pointing his eyes.

Jinyoung nodded as he started the engine and fished for his phone while laughing at himself. He typed the message quickly and faced Junghwan who’s trying his best to buckle his seatbelt. He smiled as he placed the phone down and leaned to Junghwan’s seat and helped him. Jinyoung tensed as he felt Junghwan stared at him as if he can see him. His gaze were piercing and deep that it was hard to avert gazes at him. Jinyoung mentally thanked that Junghwan’s blind because this is definitely different. The feel, the stare, the emotions. And Jinyoung began to understand the reason behind Sunwoo’s love struck. He wondered if the same would happen to him too. With a different person, of course.

After a few moments of staring and hearing the belt click, Junghwan smiled and faced the window. Jinyoung gulped and went back to his seat, feeling a bit agonised albeit, terrified. He shooed the thoughts away and started the engine.

Jinyoung had brought him to a nice cafe in the heart of the city. He searched for the couches, got accustomed to the fact that they would always occupy the couches in Dongwoo’s pub. A waitress approached and got their orders. He sipped through his coffee and Junghwan settled for juice.

“I hope you didn’t mind,” Jinyoung chirped and Junghwan smiled.

“As long as you’re not flirting with me then I wouldn’t mind. Does Sunwoo know?”

“Sometimes it’s best to keep this sort of things from him. It wouldn’t kill him.” Jinyoung replied but the flirting had made suggestions that made him knuckled his brain. There’s no way he would do that. 

Yeah, right. Junghwan thought, he guessed. “Are you here to ask me about your charity work?” Futile he thought, but after crying last night and doubting himself, he can’t help but act arrogant and rude. He just wanted to figure things out. He too, is confused as hell. If his parents can’t help him, then maybe Jinyoung can? Will—might? Junghwan sighed. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to make it sound like that.”

“No, it’s all right. I completely understand.” Jinyoung replied blankly. He knew Junghwan would be like this. He figured Sunwoo was depressed because Junghwan rarely uses the sarcastic tone. “Food’s here.”

“Oh. Great.”

They bite on to their meals. He took a spoonful of rice, and he bit a slice of waffle and some sips from their drink.

“Are you mad at him?”

Junghwan paused as he felt the waitress approached them and filled their cup and glass for another round of drink. The waitress left and he nodded to the voice before taking in a sip. Jinyoung eyed him carefully, as if waiting for the words to pierce him.

But they didn’t.

“I am not mad at him.” It was completely understandable who the ‘he’ they was referring to.

“Then why? Don’t you want this? Will this crush your pride?”

Junghwan didn’t know which one to answer first. He felt Jinyoung shake by the tone of his voice.

“Maybe? No. No, that’s not it, really.” Junghwan answered and he started to think calmly. What could be the real reason why he’s acting all cheeky. Jinyoung brushed his fingers in Junghwan’s knuckles that he hadn’t realised he’d been doing.

“If you’re thinking you’re a charity case, then you’re entirely wrong.” Jinyoung explained, wrapping his hand completely against his soft one. Junghwan looked at Jinyoung and stared at him intently. “I hope this reassures you that I’m telling the truth,” by this he meant, the holding, the touch. Junghwan didn’t argue. “If this makes you feel bad, then tell me.”

“Have he ever mentioned about his father?” Jinyoung asked, pressing soft touches in his palm. “It happened two years ago. We just finished college and started helping our companies. We were still young, he was still young.”

Junghwan nodded as he let Jinyoung massaged his palm and listened intently. Junghwan discarded the thought of Jinyoung touching him but it somewhat made him in the conversation and he smiled to himself because Jinyoung had been sensitive in his disabilities. Only Sunwoo would be all touchy in him and that he get.

“He got in a car accident. The doctors couldn’t save him because the impact was beyond handle. His father died.” Junghwan’s eyes widen and Jinyoung tapped rhythms on his palm. “We suspected that it was one of the board members who had done it. Instead of letting fear take him, he manned up and took care of everything. Gongchan helped him and worked as his secretary and right hand. His sister and mother lived overseas so they won’t get harmed. He needed to do everything he can to protect the company. The company’s the only thing that reminds him of his dad.”

They fell silent after that. Jinyoung finished his coffee and helped Junghwan out the cafe. When they got in the car, Junghwan turned to face Jinyoung which made the doctor freeze in surprise.

“Can you take me to Sunwoo’s office, now?”

Jinyoung smiled. “Of course.”

Sunwoo was in the middle of drowning himself in coffee while reading through reports and contracts Gongchan had laid carefully on his desk. Jinyoung had left him on his in the morning and hadn’t been returning any of his calls, but he didn’t mind. Surely, he’s in their hospital having meetings and discussions about the magic of medicine.

He grunted as he stared as his phone, arguing whether to call Junghwan or not. He’d been meaning to ask him if they can see again tonight. It’s not like they’ve broken up or something, but he needed to make sure. He doesn’t want to sound so persistent in a rude and over-stepping way. Sunwoo turned to face the window, making the chair turn with him, with his back facing the door. He sighed and closed his eyes in desperation. What else can he do to make Junghwan understand?

He was in deep in thought when he heard the door crack open and closed again. Sunwoo ignored it, thinking that it was Gongchan stacking another pile of folders to sign or a staff refilling him with coffee. But it was neither Gongchan or a staff when he turned around for an awkward silence that coaxed him.

“J-Junghwan…” He croaked surprised, and Junghwan stifled a weary laugh.

“Hi,” Junghwan replied and Sunwoo nearly stumbled on the floor. "I thought you wouldn't see me. And I began to wonder if we're both blind now."

He stood right in front of Junghwan and didn’t know what to do. Hug him? Kiss him? They always kiss and hug whenever meeting at the end of the day but today has been totally different. It was like meeting for the first time.

He relaxed when Junghwan stepped closer and pouted at him. “Don’t I get a kiss?” The singer chirped cheerfully and Sunwoo grinned as he leaned close and wrapped an arm around his small frame and pulled him in. He kissed Junghwan sweetly yet with passion. Junghwan wrapped his arms around his neck and smiled against his lips.

“I’m sorry about last night,” Junghwan muffled in between their lips and Sunwoo nodded as he pulled Junghwan with him and they fall on the couch in the centre of the room.

It was a lip-lock that seemed to last forever. Their lips touched and clasped onto one another, never ever letting go. Sunwoo lied against his back, his suit crisp and crippling with Junghwan’s weight on him. Their legs tangled unimaginably but who cares? Sunwoo’s left arm search through the receiver on the table and pressed a button. He pressed his lips tighter to Junghwan’s before pulling off quickly.

“Nobody enters the room Gongchan,” he instructed and fought the urge to let out a nasty sound when Junghwan poked his side.

Even before Gongchan could reply, he pressed a button that would lock the door and placed his arms back to the man on top of him. “Where did we leave to?”

“You ert.” Was the only reply but Junghwan moaned when Sunwoo his lips, asking for entrance and Junghwan willingly part his lips and felt tingling sensation when Sunwoo wandered in his cavern. He didn’t think that this would happen. All he wanted was to talk to Sunwoo, discuss about the details of him going to Dubai, and wait. Wait.

“Sunwoo,” Junghwan breathed heavily as he opened his eyes and placed his hands on Sunwoo’s chest.

Sunwoo was blushing deeply and he bit his bottom lip for realising what he’d done. “I’m sorry!”

He sat up carefully and Junghwan sat beside him. He flashed a wide grin and searched for Sunwoo’s hand.

“I’m sorry about last night,” Junghwan began and Sunwoo watched him as he searched for words to formulate coherent sentences, sensible fragments. “I didn’t know what had gotten into me.”

“I’m sorry for telling it to you just like that. I guess you deserve to be part of the plan since you’re the one involved.”

Junghwan’s eyes fell and his face turned strained.

“I got mad because I felt you’re more than willing to pack me in a box and send me off somewhere.”

Sunwoo smiled but felt a pang in his chest. Silly, of course, it would’ve been better if he was actually involved in the idea.

“I’ve been meaning to tell it to you the soonest, but I guess I chickened out.” Sunwoo explained warily and Junghwan pulled the hand and kissed the fingertips.

“I..” Junghwan mumbled softly as he massaged Sunwoo’s hand. “I love you Sunwoo. I really do.”

Sunwoo’s eyes widened and his heart jumped out of his chest down the street. He never had the guts to tell Junghwan that or Junghwan never did tell him that he loves him. It’s always been like. Like is normal. Like is good. Like is nothing compared to hearing someone saying I love you to you and feeling the wonderful fleeting rushing of emotions swarming in.

“I’m really sorry for being moody last night,” Junghwan said and Sunwoo leaned close to press his lips against him, in a more meaningful way.

“I love you too. I know, you don’t have to apologize. I share the fault too.” Sunwoo happily said and Junghwan nodded before leaning in to press his face against Sunwoo’s chest. "And you can be girly too, at times." Sunwoo joked and Junghwan let out a whine.

He hugged the singer close and basked into happiness feeling the magnificent warmth against him.

“I guess that counts as our first fight?”

“I guess.”

“Sunwoo?”

“Yeah?”

“H-how do you look like? Jinyoung said, you’re more of a squirrel.”

“R-really? Well, that fox!”

Junghwan giggled and snuggled close. They fell silent after that. Junghwan wanted to ask about work and if he wanted him to leave but he’s all satisfied snuggling beside the boss of the building. He closed his eyes and took in all of Sunwoo’s scent from the jacket, necktie and shirt. He wanted to see Sunwoo, he concluded. He wanted to lay eyes on the man that have made him fall for. He wanted to set his eyes on the man that can make him sing through walls and penetrate souls. He wanted to know how it feels to be under the cast of Sunwoo’s gaze. He needed to feel being fallen for the deep gaze. He wanted to. He lived for to.

“Sunwoo?”

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

And slowly, they both knew that this decision had made them leap a bigger step in their relationship.