And They Met Again~

It's Ok, I Don't Love You Either!

2 Months later...

Kyuhyun stood firm on his ground, glaring at the person in front of him who was glaring back at him as well. And both were having their little staring game, for the past 5 minutes.

 

"You seriously...serious about this?" Siwon waved the document that Kyuhyun had handed over to him, when Kyuhyun reported to his section.

"Do I look like I am joking with you?" Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, disconnecting from the staring game.

 

He just had to count his luck, when he received his transferral from Yeouido District to Gangnam District, and knowing that a certain Choi is a Section Inspector at Gangnam Police Department. So he prayed not to be in his team as there are many sections in the station, and he believed he wouldn't be this unlucky to be placed under that Choi Siwon...

But seems like, things just did not go with his way...everytime.

 

The moment he stepped into the section and saw Siwon right in the middle of the room discussing the cases that his team had on hands, he knew...his luck is just getting downhill. Ever since he met Siwon 2 months ago during their actions respectively.

 

Siwon was equally shocked, to see Kyuhyun appeared at his section, and even more in surprise when he saw the document of the transferral. Yes, he did asked for more support for Luna ihad quitted from police force to get married overseas. But never in his mind, that the headquarters transfered Kyuhyun, this least expected person, to his team.

 

So the both of them started this staring game for 5 minutes, unable to believe their eyes of what they saw. With such awkward silence, the rest of the people in the team could even feel the tension between these two, able to feel the sparks (not those romantic kind for sure) from their stares at each other.

Especially Hyukjae and Donghae, who knew the two of them since their days at the police academy, and how these two just couldn't click. Or worse, they just loathed each other. For god knows whatever reasons.

 

"Is that how you speak to your superior?" Siwon stated, as he caught Kyuhyun rolling his eyes on him.

"Depends..." Kyuhyun mumbled, with his eyes averted from Siwon.

"What?" But that didn't go unnoticed by Siwon.

"Nothing...Sir." Kyuhyun emphasized on the word 'Sir' and had his eyes looking straight into Siwon's glaring orbs.

 

"But if I have the choice," Yet, the snarky character was just pushing right out from his mouth before he could stop himself, "I would rather not transfer to here."

 

"And here goes the usual arguement..." Hyukjae whispered.

Donghae nodded with his eyes closed and his hands covering over his ears.

 

"You are just as arrogant as ever!" Siwon threw the document onto the table and pointed at Kyuhyun.

"Talking about yourself?" Kyuhyun rolled his eyes again.

"Not as much as you, Mr Smart Alec." Siwon glared and had his eyes rolled, not intending to back down. Especially now he is the superior over this arrogant smartass.

"You are just jealous because I did better than you at the academy." Kyuhyun rebuked.

"Me jealous?! That is one biggest joke I had ever heard of in my entire life!" Siwon exclaimed.

"Oh and guess what is the biggest joke of my life? To be transfered here!" Kyuhyun glared back.

 

And both were in this glaring game again, with everyone else in the room feared for their lives. For no one...had ever speak to Siwon in this manner, or Siwon to speak to anyone this way. Siwon is known to be a cool inspector leading his team with his clear and quick mind in cracking a number of cases, and a perfect gentleman who is always nice to people, especially to his subordinates.

But seeing how Siwon reacted to Kyuhyun, which is nowhere near the cool inspector or the handsome gentleman that everyone known of, no wonder the people in his team were gulping down their throat with the scene.

Except for Hyukjae and Donghae.

 

"Erm...guys... I think...we need to stop this before the head comes..." Ryeowook, the most petite looking man in the team tried to stop the argument, and walked forward to the furious pair.

"Yah Kim Ryeowook! If you want to be alive, don't in!" Amber, the only female in the team took note of the situation tried to stop Ryeowook.

"But they can't just go on arguing. There are....guns in here!" Ryeowook whispered, with his eyes looking around afraid that the arguing pair might just try to do something even more...grave.

"Maybe...we should hide those guns..." Jongwoon mumbled, moving his steps around to reach for the guns which are all kept in the metal cabinets behind him.

 

Hyukjae sighed, knowing this is getting out of hands, and patted on Siwon's shoulder, "Come on Siwon. This is already been decided. He is here to stay, lets just...be nice to each other and let bygones...be bygones!" Hyukjae waved his freed hand in the air, acting as if he was reciting a poem. But onlye earned himself a stare from Siwon.

"And we need people in our team, especially now Luna had left, we are shorthanded." Donghae came forward as well, pressing down on Siwon, "And isn't it better, that he is under you, and not the other way?" Donghae whispered the last part hoping that Kyuhyun could not catch that part.

 

But unfortunately, that wasn't the way...

"What is better, Lee Donghae?" Kyuhyun shot a death glare at the shaking Donghae, "What are you trying to say?"

"Erm..." Donghae looked at Hyukjae for help, but only got a hit on his back of his head from Hyukjae, "Pabo! You don't have to say it out!"

 

"Yah!! I refused to be under him!" Kyuhyun slammed his fists on the table.

"Yahh! I did not want you to be in my section too!" Siwon slammed his fists as well, and looked furiously at the boiling Kyuhyun.

 

"Shut up! The two of you!" Another bark came. It was from their head, Park Jungsu. "This is an ORDER from me, so you have no rights to say NO!"

The argument was getting out of hands that it reached Jungsu's ears, who happened to walk pass Siwon's section.

 

Siwon and Kyuhyun gave another fierce glance at each other, before they turned their heads away from each other, folding their arms across their chests. Jungsu walked in and shook his head. After so long, these two still couldn't agree on each other.

"This is the final decision by the headquarters, so there is no way both of you could object." Jungsu stated, "You wanted a new man, so here he is." He turned to Siwon and pointed at Kyuhyun, "And I believe Kyuhyun here can be a positive add on to the team, using his smart brain." Next he turned to Kyuhyun, "And you, Kyuhyun. You are an outstanding officer, but you shouldn't be raising your voice at your direct head. Show some respect, especially now he is your leader, and not the person you trained with in the academy."

"Yes...Sir." Both unfolded their arms and replied at the same time, with eyes looking everywhere except at each other.

Jungsu knew both were bickerheads ever since they knew each other, and it will be hell for them to work together. But...somehow, he thought things can be changed, given a little force and push to make things between them better. Afterall, the two of them can be a great team, using their abilities to work together efficiently. And who wouldn't agree, to have the best men in the district working alongside.

And Jungsu had seen how the two of them worked together to produce splendid results in the academy, despite many bickerings and disagreement between them. 

 

Siwon sighed, as Jungsu walked out of the section. With another look at Kyuhyun, he had no choice but to accept what was given to him.

"Donghae and Hyukjae, you two introduce him to the rest of the team, and what are our cases on hands, and the other protocols." Siwon ordered, and walked into his room, not withou a loud slam on the door.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes once more, seeing how Siwon treated him just right at the start of his new day at the new place.

"Still the same old him." Kyuhyun mumbled.

"And only to you, as usual." Hyukjae commented.

"Whatever. Not that I care." Kyuhyun replied, stucking out his tongue at the closed door before turning to the 2 familiar faces, "Nice to see you two though..."

"Oh yes. Its been a while since we met the last time... Excluding that time at the club..." Hyukjae placed his arm around Kyuhyun's shoulder and pulled him around the section, "So here we have..."

 

Though he was getting around to know more about the team, Kyuhyun's mind was thinking of otherwise. Especially seeing how Siwon is still loathing him just like in the academy...

"I am definitely going to ask for a transfer, SOON! Before he takes the chance to play on me!"

 

And Siwon was thinking in the same frequency in his room, while he peeked through the blinds watching Kyuhyun and the rest...

"I am definitely going to give hell to him, SOON! Before he climbs over my head and play on me!"

--------------------

A week later, Kyuhyun was more or less familiar with the rest of the team.

Donghae and Hyukjae, a pair of best friends since they were young, and knew Siwon and Kyuhyun when they were at the academy training together. Amber the only female left, after Luna quitted the police force, is a bubbly girl who likes to dress tomboyishly. Ryeowook seems like the smallest in size, but he has the loudest in voice, especially when he raised it to the high pitch. Jongwoon is like always in his own world roaming around, but rather observant...at times.

And of course, Siwon the leader of the section, who had started to give a little taste of...hell to Kyuhyun.

 

"Kyuhyun, take this stack of files to the storage room."

"Kyuhyun, bring this document to the tenth floor."

"Kyuhyun, there is a witness coming to make a statement. Bring him up from the reception in 10 minutes later."

"Kyuhyun, document this statement into the system. I need this for court presentation tomorrow."

"Kyuhyun, ....."

"Kyuhyun, .........."

 

And so one week later, Kyuhyun appeared at Jungsu's office, asking for a transferral.

"Sir, you should know... Me and Siwon...Sir Choi...are not in good terms like forever. So there is no point of putting us together. So I request a transfer out to another district, Sir."

Jungsu sighed, expecting that Kyuhyun would come to him sooner or later, "Kyuhyun ah..."

"Sir.. You should have seen, how me and him been bickering on my first day here. How can you expect me to work with him? And he has been telling me to do EVERYTHING like his PA..." Kyuhyun sulked, for this is not what he had signed up for. He is a policeman, not his personal assistant!

"Kyuhyun, listen to me first." Jungsu held his hand up to shut Kyuhyun.

"Yes Sir."

 

"Yes, I have seen how you and him can never be in good terms, but..." Jungsu smiled, "I had seen how you and him worked together at the academy. Don't you remember the flawless result of the mission that was given to you and Siwon as part of the training?"

"....Yes Sir," Kyuhyun could still remember, of course. That was the only time the two of them worked together, and even though in the progress they were in heat bickering, the end result was however a fantastic one.

"And at the club 2 months ago? Where you helped him to catch the drug dealer." Jungsu added on.

"Yes Sir... But he brew my cover up!" Kyuhyun pointed out.

"That was because he was clueless about your action." Jungsu explained.

"Ya right... And he took all the credits in catching the drug dealer." Kyuhyun mumbled.

 

"Anyway..." Jungsu cleared his throat, "You can't transfer out at the moment."

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, "But why?"

"You just got transferred in. So...according to the rules, you can't transfer out just yet. 6 months at least." Jungsu stated calmly.

"6 MONTHS?! You mean I have to stay here for at least 6 MONTHS?!" Kyuhyun could not believe his ears, and he had never hear about this rule before! Where does this rule comes about?!

"Yes, Kyuhyun. 6 M.O.N.T.H.S." Jungsu emphasized, "Anyway, you have faced him for years at the police academy. So what is the big deal of 6 months?"

"You GOT to be kidding me."

"Do I look like I am kidding?"

 

Kyuhyun stood there looking at Jungsu, and seems like there is no way for him to get a transfer out any moment. Guess...he just has to be stuck here...for at least 6 months.

"Fine. I will come back 6 months later, Sir."

"And I hope for otherwise, really." Jungsu smiled, "You are dismissed."

"Thank you, Sir." Kyuhyun took his leave.

 

Guess I have to tolerate another 6 months... Kyuhyun sighed inwardly as he walked back down to the section.

The moment he got back into the section, Siwon walked out of his room and gave out the orders for his team for the next action.

"The heads have given the approval to comb a possible club where drugs are distributed openly, by someone named of Snakehead. Tomorrow night, we will comb the club. So now, look through the plan of the club and execute the route of possible exits if he tries to run away." Siwon ordered.

"Yes Sir." The team exclaimed.

 

Siwon turned to Kyuhyun, "This is your first action with us. Listen and follow our protocols, and be alert."

"Yes...Sir." Kyuhyun muttered. Who is the one who brew up my cover the other time? Tsk... Be alert? Tsk...

"But before that," Siwon shoved a file to Kyuhyun's chest, "Take this down to the evidence room."

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes and shot a glare at Siwon, before he muttered another "Yes Sir" and stomped out.

 

Just wait... 6 months later, and  I am OUT!!!

--------------------

Siwon tapped his fingers on the steering wheel inside his car, and waited in front of a high-rise building. Soon, a passenger door was opened and in came a woman. Siwon smiled and kissed the cheek of the woman, before starting the engine and zoomed off away from the building.

"Sorry for waiting." The woman said.

"Its ok, Sooyoung. You are busy I know." Siwon replied.

"You are busy as well." Sooyoung remarked.

"Well, you know my work."

"Yeah I know... That is why we have not meet each other for 2 days."

"I am sorry... I am following a lead for an action tomorrow night."

 

"Tomorrow night?" Sooyoung turned towards Siwon, "But, I thought we are going to watch a musical tomorrow night?"

Siwon blinked his eyes, "We are going to?"

Sooyoung sighed, "Yes Siwon.... You promised me a month ago..."

Siwon grabbed Sooyoung's hand and caressed the back of her palm with his thumb, "I am sorry... Just that..."

"It slipped off from your mind, I get it..." Sooyoung sulked.

 

"I am sorry..." Siwon apologized again, "And you know there is a new guy in my team..."

"Yeah yeah Cho Kyuhyun, the smart alec that you are not in good terms with, and how you are making him do everything like a PA..." Sooyoun blabbled, "I had heard this ever since he reported to your team, Siwon. All the while. Even 2 months ago when you saw him, you went on and on for days telling me how this Cho Kyuhyun almost spoilt your plans in an action. You just can't shut about him..."

"I..." Siwon wanted to say something but Sooyoung shook her head.

"Siwon. Did you realise you care too much of your work and this Cho guy more than you to me?" Sooyoung took Siwon's hand within her palms and placed it on her thigh.

"I am sorry... I promise I wouldn't break any promise to you anymore." Siwon smiled and tightened their hands together.

Sooyoung sighed again, "Be sure you keep up that promise. I am hungry, lets go eat."

"Anything for you..." Siwon nodded his head.

 

But somehow, the words from Sooyoung kept coming back in his head throughout the night.

"Did you realise you care too much of your work and this Cho guy more than you to me?"

 

He agreed he is passionate in his work, but...towards Kyuhyun? How can it be? He hates Kyuhyun, and vice versa.

But true enough... He did spent a little time to think of ways to get Kyuhyun running around in the building, like a personal assistant. And to be honest, that was rather...

 

Pleasurable to see the smartass getting around under his orders...

 

You must be a sicko in your past life Choi Siwon!

--------------------

Flashback

Siwon and Kyuhyu were holding their guns moving in the maze to find the suspects. Though they were bickering over the route for the move just an hour ago, once they were called for their turns, they were quick to put up the serious face in order to complete the mission given.

"9 o'clock, 1 target." Siwon spoke through the headset, with his sharp eyes roaming around.

"Turn 45 degrees down to hit on the leg. No obstacle." Kyuhyun analysed the angle and gave out the instruction.

Siwon did a swift move bending downwards at 45 degrees, and hit the bullet at the standee target. Next they moved on deeper into the maze.

 

"6 o'clock, target 2." Kyuhyun found the 2nd suspect, who was a fellow trainer in disguise as target, "Squatting down behind the brick."

"Clear route to the right?" Siwon moved forward, slightly towards the right.

"Dead end." Kyuhyun answered, "Move to the left."

"Got it." Siwon changed his steps and moved towards the left.

"Target 2 is moving." Kyuhyun stated.

Siwon nodded and dashed towards the left that will lead to the target. While Kyuhyun stepped backwards closer to the brick. Once he saw the glimpse of Siwon appearing behind the target, he turned and pointed the gun down at the target.

 

"Got you." Both Siwon and Kyuhyun spoke at the same time, and placed a DEAD sticker on the target.

The target in disguise put up a thumb as a good sign and laid on the floor to play dead.

 

Within the time limit of 30 minutes, Siwon and Kyuhyun found all 10 targets in the maze and left the maze way before the siren of mission failed was on. But however, despite the good result that both had put on, the pair had thought otherwise.

"You could have gotten shot." Siwon frowned, once they were out of the maze.

"Excuse me?" Kyuhyun arched his brows hearing the blame from Siwon, "I was trying to save your , mister. That route was not safe for a trap was hidden there, but you insisted to follow the plan."

"We have to follow the plan, and be aware of the trap. We are supposed to avoid the trap, not dismantle the trap!" Siwon stated with his voice getting higher.

"And how can you be sure that the trap is avoidable? If I didn't dismantle that trap, we could have fail the mission." Kyuhyun remarked as he removed his gears.

"Oh right... How smart are you." Siwon rolled his eyes.

Kyuhyun turned around and snarled back, "Oh yes I am THIS smart. Jealous much?" And he rolled his eyes at Siwon as well.

 

Siwon grabbed Kyuhyun's shoulders and pinned him against the metal cabinets, breathing harshly on Kyuhyun's face, "You can't always get away from your smart alec ways. You could have gotten not just yourself but everyone else, your team mates, the innocents killed."

Kyuhyun did not flinch as he answered back, "What a rightful way of being noble to everyone. But think about it, Choi Siwon, we have to act accordingly to the circumstances. Plans are not always accurate. If we don't act fast to accomodate the change, we could have gotten many more dead, including ourselves."

Though Siwon knew Kyuhyun was right, he did not want to agree with Kyuhyun right away. Instead, they stayed in the position, with their chests almost touching each other. And all Siwon was doing, was glaring down right at Kyuhyun's orbs in loss of words...

Kyuhyun frowned at the situation, and looking up and down with their positions, till he couldn't take it anymore and hissed back at Siwon.

 

"How long are you going to pin me against the cabinet?"

Siwon blinked his eyes and removed himself from Kyuhyun immediately, "Sorry. I was just being too overreacted with your words."

"Whatever." Kyuhyun rubbed his shoulders, for Siwon is one man who has a well-built toned body. Unlike him, pale and slender with no muscles at all. If not for his smart brain, he could not have been approve to get into the police academy.

 

"Anyway, we passed the mission. Be glad if you see an excellent in your report." Kyuhyun said, as he continued to remove his gears.

"Tsk. Why would I be thankful to you? I am capable enough to score for myself." Siwon went on to his cabinet and removed his gears and eveything as well.

"Because," Kyuhyun slammed his cabinet and smirked at the topless man, "I am the smartest here." And walked out whistling in a rather light-hearted mood, knowing it irks Siwon whenever he outsmarted the handsome guy.

Siwon rolled his eyes and stared at the door where Kyuhyun had walked out from, "Show off..."

 

Yet, all he could think for the rest of the day, was how Kyuhyun affirmed his ways of handling the situation. And that...somehow impressed him a little...

With those sparkling twinkle eyes when he talks...